Author Topic: Shoot some Black Rocks in here... BRS TV Thread. ブラック★ロックシューダ  (Read 18881 times)

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
wait, the same
Spoiler:
Yuu
who
Spoiler:
took the drastic step of switching with her so that Strength wouldn't have to bear her burden without getting a decent shot at life? That Yuu is selfish?
Or maybe I am just not reading your post correctly.

That's an interesting interpretation, considering
Spoiler:
Yuu contacted Strength in the other world and was like "up here, the pain and suffering never end, but down where you are, things are much simpler - hey, let's trade places"
. That sounds more like
Spoiler:
Yuu is actually giving Strength the bad end of the deal. Even Saya herself said it, looking at Strength laying on the floor, lamenting that "we made you carry it all" and such
. Not that I blame
Spoiler:
Yuu
, considering how crap her life was. I just don't think she did what she did
Spoiler:
to give Strength a shot at a better life, entirely

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Alfred F. Jones

• Estamos orgullosos del Batall?n Lincoln
  • y de la lucha que hizo por Madrid
That's an interesting interpretation, considering
Spoiler:
Yuu contacted Strength in the other world and was like "up here, the pain and suffering never end, but down where you are, things are much simpler - hey, let's trade places"
. That sounds more like
Spoiler:
Yuu is actually giving Strength the bad end of the deal. Even Saya herself said it, looking at Strength laying on the floor, lamenting that "we made you carry it all" and such
. Not that I blame
Spoiler:
Yuu
, considering how crap her life was. I just don't think she did what she did
Spoiler:
to give Strength a shot at a better life, entirely
I don't think she intended it that way, but that was one side effect. Er... let me explain.
Spoiler:
The behaviour of everyone in Otherworld seems animalistic, territorial. The moment someone else comes by, they become vicious and the very first thing they do is attack. We've seen this in almost every scene in the Otherworld so far-- the main exceptions prior to episode 7 are BGS growing Other Selves and BRS trying to rescue DM after DM said 'Save me'.

Which ties into something else:
Spoiler:
None of the Other Selves seems to be capable of verbal communication outside of very extraordinary circumstances. For all their fighting, there aren't any war cries or grunts of exertion or anything. They don't even seem to have a common body language; Arata's newborn Other Self was terrified at the mere sight of BRS' and BGS' outstretched hands/claws, and BRS didn't seem to quite get it either, since she summarily beheaded her after a very weak attempt to show some kindness. The extraordinary circumstances they interact in seem to be when their human selves interact first, and then their Other Selves can reflect that (some kind of nonverbal communication that they seem to understand).

It makes sense, though, given what we know about the Other World--
Spoiler:
the Other Selves seem to spontaneously come into existence with massive amounts of power and no knowledge or life experience, and then suddenly another ferocious, powerful creature like them wanders into their territory and the only thing they know is attack or be attacked. All this means that the Other Selves strike me as being ludicrously powerful, fierce fighters, but with no way to communicate with each other.

So when
Spoiler:
Yuu switched with Strength, I see it as Yuu getting the raw end of the deal; she gets plunged into a very simple world of kill and be killed with no one to talk to or communicate with save maybe BGS, and has to fight for her life against everyone else's raw fighting instinct. That has to be lonely and terrifying on so many levels for a young girl to handle. Meanwhile, Strength in the real world gets to joke around with Mato and polish basketballs and live a peaceful, ordinary life. She's probably been so cheery in the first four episodes because she can finally speak and interact with Mato and be amongst other people without being attacked on the spot.

Anyway, that is just my opinion on it.

Tengukami

So when
Spoiler:
Yuu switched with Strength, I see it as Yuu getting the raw end of the deal; she gets plunged into a very simple world of kill and be killed with no one to talk to or communicate with save maybe BGS, and has to fight for her life against everyone else's raw fighting instinct. That has to be lonely and terrifying on so many levels for a young girl to handle. Meanwhile, Strength in the real world gets to joke around with Mato and polish basketballs and live a peaceful, ordinary life. She's probably been so cheery in the first four episodes because she can finally speak and interact with Mato and be amongst other people without being attacked on the spot.

Anyway, that is just my opinion on it.

I can see how you'd see it that way. I think most of us would choose this world over the Other World. But
Spoiler:
Yuu very clearly thinks otherwise, saying so when she compared the two worlds even, and that's why she told - didn't ask - but told Strength, "let's switch"
. That was her motivation, anyway.

Mind you, I'm not saying that she's "selfish" for doing what she did. Her home life was horrifying, and probably worse than was being let on, even. I honestly don't blame her. But I don't think she was doing STR any favors.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Alfred F. Jones

WHY CAN'T IT BE THURSDAY YET

While waiting, I stumbled across the most spirited rendition of the BRS opening theme I've found yet. Enjoy.

Tengukami

While waiting, I stumbled across the most spirited rendition of the BRS opening theme I've found yet. Enjoy.

Aaah my god this is the best thing.

Edit: This whole CHANNEL is the best thing!
« Last Edit: March 21, 2012, 09:20:59 PM by Tengukami »

Alfred F. Jones

Some things to watch out for:

- In the bottom right, starting at around 0:17, IBRS' purple eye flame on the drummer.
- Bottom left corner bass player, start watching her at around 0:36 for awesome.
- Top right violinist who spends a lot of that time just chillin' with his buddies, lol.
- The chorus in the middle column does this wonderful synchronized dance at around 1:14, with the top right keyboard player joining in with one arm.
- People switching from one side to the other in the middle squares of the left and right columns.

It's so delightful to see these folks so very obviously having a great time!

♛ Apher-Forte

• Am I to go home...or shall I stay alone?
  • Forever lost at sea, a distant bell rings for me
    • Himitsu's NSFW Blog ~ contains NSFW material
I like how Tamusic guy regularly collabs with these guys.
  <-- my artwork thread, click me!
[ Find my cosplay photos here. ] OMG I HAVE TUMBLR FOLLOW PLZX Will You Remember Me... ?

AxiamWolfe

• Virtual Jet Jockey too
  • 生存戦略!
These collab guys have a proper website it seems. First thing there is a 44 min NicoNico embed of 30 Winter 2012 Anime songs.  :]

BRS Episode 8?

Best part is when
Spoiler:
Mato channels Marisa, summons a BFG, and unleashes her Love-Colored master Spark on IBRS.

Tengukami

This final episode is probably best watched on a giant screen. A lot of people were predicting a battle royale of combat sequences,
Spoiler:
and those people will be disappointed
, but I personally loved the entire showdown and finishing sequence.

I think the series overall had some early stumbles, but by ep 4 it's been great times.

Alfred F. Jones

I totally did not expect such a
Spoiler:
satisfying, unambiguously happy
ending. Even so I still feel a bit melancholy about
Spoiler:
Strength desintegrating
but the post-credits scene made me feel better.
Spoiler:
She probably thought she was just repaying Yuu, but still. That said, as long as she doesn't have to go back to fighting, I am fine with it. Still a happy end, overall.

Drake

Holy cow that was colorful. I need to watch this on a large TV. Completely
Spoiler:
underwhelming
last battle
Spoiler:
(ignored the resurrected others entirely, balls)
, but it was pretty as hell though. Also, hand-drawn others! Huzzah!

That being said I gave my overall thoughts on the series previously. BRS's writing clearly was working in reverse, so I can't say it jumps all over the place, but the way the earlier episodes are written (or rather how characters are portrayed) aren't quite consistent with the late-series developments and such. However, it's still good overall and was paced well-enough for the eight episodes. I did not see
Spoiler:
Saya and Strength's
plot twists coming at all, but those were really enjoyable even though I'm always a bit perturbed by zero advance hints or nuances. High rating of this series, especially aesthetics, maybe dipping some points in writing and consistency. Still great though.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

♛ Apher-Forte

• Am I to go home...or shall I stay alone?
  • Forever lost at sea, a distant bell rings for me
    • Himitsu's NSFW Blog ~ contains NSFW material
You know, to be fair after finishing all this.

I liked it better when the show was about http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m1j1hytRmc1r28cq9.gif

than... AAFDHGFAHFSHHDGSHDJ that final episode.

But then, would it have been as epic? No, this show makes me shit my pants and cry at the same time for its awesome.
  <-- my artwork thread, click me!
[ Find my cosplay photos here. ] OMG I HAVE TUMBLR FOLLOW PLZX Will You Remember Me... ?