Author Topic: (Skyseas of Gensokyo) Nazrin Quest (Part 7)  (Read 44049 times)

Re: (Skyseas of Gensokyo) Nazrin Quest (Part 7)
« Reply #570 on: February 03, 2012, 06:52:15 AM »
>Were there any signs of magic having been used to unlock this lock?

« Reply #571 on: February 03, 2012, 06:59:07 AM »
>Were there any signs of magic having been used to unlock this lock?

>It is theoretically possible that magic was used to open it at some point. Whatever residue that would leave would certainly be less permanent than scratches on metal; in fact, it might not last very long at all, but you can't be certain of that. Either way, you sense nothing now.

« Reply #572 on: February 03, 2012, 08:33:19 AM »
>Is she watching us close enough that we can steal a glance into that room, get more details, without her noticing?

« Reply #573 on: February 03, 2012, 08:48:48 AM »
>Is she watching us close enough that we can steal a glance into that room, get more details, without her noticing?

>The door is wide open, so it's not difficult to glance - you already did so earlier, in fact. She is hovering quite nearby, however.

« Reply #574 on: February 03, 2012, 10:15:50 PM »
>To clarify, can we see any more details about the interior of the room from where we are now?

« Reply #575 on: February 03, 2012, 10:23:38 PM »
>To clarify, can we see any more details about the interior of the room from where we are now?

>Technically, yes; your angle offers you a view of some parts of the room you could not see clearly earlier. In practice, all this does is reveal more filing cabinets.

« Reply #576 on: February 03, 2012, 10:54:30 PM »
>Filing cabinets. Yay.
>None of which show any obvious sign of tampering, at least signs that can be gleaned from a glance.

« Reply #577 on: February 03, 2012, 10:58:58 PM »
>Filing cabinets. Yay.
>None of which show any obvious sign of tampering, at least signs that can be gleaned from a glance.

>It seems an eminently sensible furnishing for a room intended to hold files.
>You see no obvious signs of tampering. In fact, the room looks quite orderly and well-maintained.

« Reply #578 on: February 03, 2012, 11:26:57 PM »
>"Is this door the only way in or out of this room?"

« Reply #579 on: February 03, 2012, 11:32:42 PM »
>"Is this door the only way in or out of this room?"

>"It is," she replies.

« Reply #580 on: February 03, 2012, 11:41:44 PM »
>Straighten up and sigh.
>"Then it looks like I'm done here."

« Reply #581 on: February 03, 2012, 11:50:30 PM »
>Straighten up and sigh.
>"Then it looks like I'm done here."

>You pull yourself upright and let out a sigh.
>"Good," she says simply. "If we turn up anything in our investigation, I'll have word sent to Captain Murasa."

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #582 on: February 03, 2012, 11:53:17 PM »
Not having kept track of this game, Sour, how visible is our blight to ghe casual observer?
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

« Reply #583 on: February 03, 2012, 11:54:11 PM »
We have to point it out to folks still, at this point. It's not obvious.

EDIT: Neither Louise, nor Murasa and her crew, made any mention of it, so at this point, it's fair to say it's not progressed beyound a patch or two, and not in obvious places. I can't recall off the top of my head where they are.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2012, 12:00:11 AM by Sourfang, the Falling Star »

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #584 on: February 03, 2012, 11:59:48 PM »
> Was there anyone else immediately visible in this hallway or the records room?

Okay. Sorry for the continuing run of questions that probably have obvious answers, but phone browsing limits my ability to do research.

Have you pointed it out to Louise for any reason?
Do you and other players still think she's hiding something?

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

« Reply #585 on: February 04, 2012, 12:04:26 AM »
> Was there anyone else immediately visible in this hallway or the records room?

>The two attendants running the front desk are visible, some distance behind you and to the left. Beyond that, on the other side of the counter, are presumably a few people waiting in line, though the construction of the wickets makes it difficult to see them from this position. No one else is immediately visible.

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #586 on: February 04, 2012, 12:06:27 AM »
That edit answers one question, I guess.

Okay, this is a long shot, but. If you still think Louise is hiding something, try shaking her hand and thanking her for her time, then when the shake is broken, show off some part of the body with it (I think an arm had it maybe?). Bemoan the loss of the passport because you needed to search for a cure for this dreadful disease, which just so happens to be fairly contagious. It's too bad the process for getting a new passport takes so long, isn't it? Doctors have told us we'll be dead in a few days...

« Reply #587 on: February 04, 2012, 12:12:05 AM »
We had not pointed out the blight.

And.... my gut says yes, she may know something more than she's saying. Hanzo does as well. I think Purvis and Narouge think so as well, not sure about Kasu, though. We've seen a couple of posts that seem to indicate this.
But we have no evidence one way or the other at this point yet. After this office closes, I had considered following her once she leaves. She knows we're investigating, so she may go to whoever else is involved in this conspiracy. Either we find the culprit, or we find the missing documents.

*Kilga posts*
Well, now, that's an approach we hadn't considered. Purivs wanted us to threaten to infect her as we were throttling her, and then probably stab her in the kidneys after she refused.
That approach of yours, though.....

EDIT:
HOLD on a second here. Flag on the play!
This lock here had not been picked. The cabin door aboard the blue maiden, however, HAD.
Something stinks here.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2012, 12:15:08 AM by Sourfang, the Falling Star »

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #588 on: February 04, 2012, 12:14:50 AM »
Two can play at the sleaze game, and this method has the bonus of providing an anger outlet without getting charged with assault. I figured it was probably the best player base compromise as well as a decent approach to the game itself, though I admit I'm hardly up to speed on everything.

« Reply #589 on: February 04, 2012, 12:20:19 AM »
We've missed you, Kilga. The lock being picked aboard the ship, but not picked here, might not have slipped your mind the way it did mine.
Somebody in this office is guilty of something. But if we ask her 'who has access to this room?' she'll definatly suspect we're on to her.

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #590 on: February 04, 2012, 01:01:54 AM »
I'm still waiting for you to get back to Yamame. Deadly blight can wait, I want to see hot steamy hatesex and I want to see it now.

« Reply #591 on: February 04, 2012, 01:10:01 AM »
I tell you what, when we get back to spidergirl, I'll leave her entirely in your hands. Or, you in hers, as the case may be, :)
But, in the meantime, let's see where this approach gets us...

>"I'm still at a loss.... I gotta ask, just to try and figure this out. I noticed an alarm enchantment of some sort over that room. But, I'm guessing nobody here... registered it going off, over the past few days?"

« Reply #592 on: February 04, 2012, 01:16:17 AM »
>"I'm still at a loss.... I gotta ask, just to try and figure this out. I noticed an alarm enchantment of some sort over that room. But, I'm guessing nobody here... registered it going off, over the past few days?"

>She gives you a scrutinizing look for a few moments. "We've had no break-ins recently, no."

« Reply #593 on: February 04, 2012, 01:21:23 AM »
>"And no reports of anyone misplacing their keys, either? Well, at least I assume you're not the only one with keys to this room."

« Reply #594 on: February 04, 2012, 01:23:58 AM »
>"And no reports of anyone misplacing their keys, either? Well, at least I assume you're not the only one with keys to this room."

>"No offense intended," she says coolly, "but I think I've answered enough questions about our security. You said you were leaving, yes?"

« Reply #595 on: February 04, 2012, 01:37:44 AM »
>Well, now... Interesting that's where she cuts us off.
>Smile.
>"And so I am."
>Extend our hand. "It seems I'll have to look... elsewhere, to solve this one. Thanks for your cooperation."

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #596 on: February 04, 2012, 01:40:50 AM »
It occurs to me that it might be better to bemoan the missing passport before mentioning and showing off the blight and letting it slip that it's contagious. Showing it off first might make it look like we're trying to set something up.

« Reply #597 on: February 04, 2012, 01:55:02 AM »
>Well, now... Interesting that's where she cuts us off.
>Smile.
>"And so I am."
>Extend our hand. "It seems I'll have to look... elsewhere, to solve this one. Thanks for your cooperation."

>You're not sure you like the implications of this...
>You smile and extend your hand to Louise, thanking her for the extent of cooperation that she's shown you.
>She returns your smile and nods, though somehow the warmth of the gesture feels only skin-deep. She does not extend her own hand. "I hope our security met with your approval."

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #598 on: February 04, 2012, 02:15:55 AM »
> Very briefly glance down at our hand, then back up at Louise.
> "It's quite impressive, yes."

« Reply #599 on: February 04, 2012, 02:19:51 AM »
> Very briefly glance down at our hand, then back up at Louise.
> "It's quite impressive, yes."

>You steal a quick glance at your hand, then back to Louise. If she notices the gesture, she does not react to it.
>She nods, then gestures her own arm in the direction of the exit, motioning graciously for you to go ahead.