Author Topic: [1.6.7_03] Touhou GTA Vmod - Bosh! Yet another fix!  (Read 269325 times)

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
    • Sanmaat (site of personal tat)
Re: Touhou GTA VMod - v1.6.1A released
« Reply #60 on: December 29, 2011, 09:55:26 PM »
It sounds like you turned on the Third Person Camera mod.

It is activated when you press F8, and is disabled with F.

Also, delete gta_sa.set in Documents/GTA San Andreas User Files. That controls the HUD.
C:DOS> ayayaya.mid
Bad command or file name

C:>_

Teetoku

• You should...
  • Take it easy.
« Reply #61 on: December 30, 2011, 06:01:04 AM »
Uhmmm... Let's see..

Followed what you told me to do but.. only this.

anyway, I delete these files:
salimits.ini(also tried deleteing salimits_hq.ini but even without these 2 or at least one of em' is still there.. it's p much the same?)
gta_sa.set
bullet.asi
colormod.ini

I don't know what I'm doing wrong here..
But I'm getting there I guess.. lol first mission Ryder dies before the mission before starts.

EDIT: Another add to the deleted files..
camerapointfix.asi
well it fix'd the vanishing part but..
-CJ is still deformed
-can't use the mouse anymore (<-- ignore this, I can use the mouse again)
-life bars and such don't appear as you can see below(I'll probably restore this file)

Btw, why is CJ's original design deformed? and when I switch model and I return to the original it looks like this

It's like a glowing white raymoo
Oh yeah, this is already playable.. but then when you can't see your HP, money and armor... I need to at least be able to see my HP. (wait why am I even complaining?! I can DWI)
« Last Edit: December 30, 2011, 06:43:04 AM by RV29 »

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #62 on: December 30, 2011, 01:23:22 PM »
Deformed CJ and textureless skins are known bugs at the start of the game.
Former can be patched by going to any indoor location, TAB+Q+E, then adjusting fat/muscle levels.
Latter requires that you save your game, exit, and reload.
Bad command or file name

Teetoku

• You should...
  • Take it easy.
« Reply #63 on: December 30, 2011, 01:28:46 PM »
Deformed CJ and textureless skins are known bugs at the start of the game.
Former can be patched by going to any indoor location, TAB+Q+E, then adjusting fat/muscle levels.
Latter requires that you save your game, exit, and reload.
Oh, some missions seem to be bugged like that OG LOC Mission 3 times in a row the 3rd one was different move to different map :V anyway, gonna keep trying and... that last 2 images that  I posted.. I think those were the fix'd ones? I guess there's nothing left to be fix'd! since both armor and health are around the map. /o/ taht camerapointfix.asi is one of the probs.

EDIT: this is the 5th time...
http://i524.photobucket.com/albums/cc328/ronvic101/tgtabug.png
Anyway, I tried to get out of that place without dying and...
http://i524.photobucket.com/albums/cc328/ronvic101/tgtabug1.png
then 5mins later...........
http://i524.photobucket.com/albums/cc328/ronvic101/mokoulostindarkness.png
http://i524.photobucket.com/albums/cc328/ronvic101/HOLYSHITIMTHATFREAKINFAR.jpg
http://i524.photobucket.com/albums/cc328/ronvic101/Aweaponoutofnowhere.png

Gonna try and finish this mission with my Normal GTA hopefully it'll work.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2011, 04:16:05 PM by RV29 »

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #64 on: December 30, 2011, 10:21:56 PM »
I see the error now.
Delete colormod.asi. That has known issues under XP and 2k3, including the ones you just posted.

Haven't had issues with camerapointfix.asi myself, but I'll investigate it; as for salimits.ini, I'm sure that wasn't the source of the problem, so re-download it if needed.

As for that fourth one...I have no idea how that could have happened ><
« Last Edit: December 30, 2011, 10:23:46 PM by 大諏訪子 Gang Empire »
Bad command or file name

Teetoku

• You should...
  • Take it easy.
« Reply #65 on: December 31, 2011, 06:16:30 AM »
I see the error now.
Delete colormod.asi. That has known issues under XP and 2k3, including the ones you just posted.

Haven't had issues with camerapointfix.asi myself, but I'll investigate it; as for salimits.ini, I'm sure that wasn't the source of the problem, so re-download it if needed.

As for that fourth one...I have no idea how that could have happened ><
Will Do. (btw even if you get back on land everything is still dark until you die)

EDIT: Happy New Year Y'all.

EDIT AGAIN: I can't believe that Mio is in my TGTA
« Last Edit: January 03, 2012, 12:11:05 PM by RV29 »

Flinix

• Too moe for ZUN
  • それは私、Flinixです
« Reply #66 on: January 01, 2012, 10:11:15 AM »
Yukai-Shougatsu minna!!! (For those who know what I just said, good for you)
Still using Windows XP in the year 2050
[img width= height=]http://img847.imageshack.us/img847/5186/shrinemaidensigflandre.jpg[/img]
私は本当にお金を必要とする

« Reply #67 on: January 05, 2012, 12:24:26 PM »
This is one of the best things I've ever seen, it looks hilarious. I've run into the same problems RV29 has and that has been very helpful in my getting the mod to run. It's not perfect yet though, the spell effects don't show up for me or only show up partially, for instance i can only see multicolored rings when I try to master spark. What could I try to do?

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #68 on: January 05, 2012, 01:42:01 PM »
Multi-coloured rings...not sure what you exactly mean there. Can you post a screenshot?

To all in the debug process:
I will add that it would help to run Speccy and post a summary on first report from a system. This is to let me know what hardware you are running, for better noticing of trends amongst configurations.

EDIT AGAIN: I can't believe that Mio is in my TGTA
Oh, you found that 'easter egg'? :V
Bad command or file name

« Reply #69 on: January 05, 2012, 03:21:43 PM »
It wont appear to let me make attachments

This is the invisible laser master spark
http://i1216.photobucket.com/albums/dd361/MushroomSavior/mspark.jpg
Other invisible spells that Ive encountered so far are moonlight ray and non directional laser
Sometimes the brooms attacks are invisible too
They all still function, they are just invisible
Here is the speccy
http://speccy.piriform.com/results/ZSBBNQPfnLsqhv05vw1Wnq5

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #70 on: January 05, 2012, 06:18:23 PM »
For me, they may not always render but do most of the time. Maybe update the NVIDIA Forceware drivers?

And it's bizarre that you use a 9800GTX+ with a 1024x768 monitor. Really doesn't work too well...lower resolutions are more CPU-dependent. Also, I'd mention a thing about a 3-core Athlon II X4...haven't seen that occur before.
Bad command or file name

Teetoku

• You should...
  • Take it easy.
« Reply #71 on: January 10, 2012, 05:04:51 PM »
Hey! Just wanted to report this (Not really my prob anymore) When you kill that Drug/Crack Dealer Aya (you know that one when you go in front of her and then you can reply with y & n) When you stay near or as long as her model is in your presence after a view seconds the game will suddenly shut down.

Just reporting.

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #72 on: January 10, 2012, 05:54:39 PM »
They're all Yukkuris, so the drug dealers are easy to spot
Spoiler:
and abuse for quick cash

I'll have to check that model, as all the other ones work fine....

How often, or how many times, has this occurred?
Bad command or file name

Flinix

• Too moe for ZUN
  • それは私、Flinixです
« Reply #73 on: January 10, 2012, 07:17:46 PM »
Report testing on HP Pavilion DV6000 on Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit: Game does not want to work at all. Removed all files that I've removed in my XP install and still no go. This includes GTAIV HUD, camera.something, sa_limits...and swapping with sa_limits_hq as well, bikearmfix, and everything else that was not originally included in 1.5. The game starts up, but crashes immdiately after the loading bar finishes. File indicated being last loaded is main.scm (not home, so file extension may be wrong.) If you have any information on this and a solution, that would be helpful. The Windows 7 installation is not existing anymore as it was a testing step only since at the time the DVD drive was not functional to install XP. The graphics is nVidia Go 7100 with I beleive 64MB dedicated DDR2 RAM, 4GB DDR2 PC6400 RAM, 1.7Ght AMD TK-53 dually CPU. I don't know if this is a hardware conflict, or a software setup I missed. I have not tried it on XP with this laptop.

Will be awaiting for any similar problems. Flinix out
[img width= height=]http://img847.imageshack.us/img847/5186/shrinemaidensigflandre.jpg[/img]
私は本当にお金を必要とする

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #74 on: January 10, 2012, 07:45:58 PM »
Main.scm is the script file. I believe that you are trying to load a v2 save; I included the v1 main.scm in there which renders v2/v3 saves useless.

On the other hand, if this is a new game....
Bad command or file name

Flinix

• Too moe for ZUN
  • それは私、Flinixです
« Reply #75 on: January 17, 2012, 06:20:01 PM »
Main.scm is the script file. I believe that you are trying to load a v2 save; I included the v1 main.scm in there which renders v2/v3 saves useless.

On the other hand, if this is a new game....

This is a new game. I always test with a new game. I'm using the right exeutable as well as I always have been before I even joined MotK. I have a new desktop with Pentium D dually on a 925 chipset, still using my 8600GTS video card so I will be testing it on there to see the outcome. Flinix out
私は本当にお金を必要とする

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #76 on: January 17, 2012, 08:47:43 PM »
All right, I see. But still odd that such occurs.

And Pent D...Pent D?
* EP calls BSoD, the other Pent D owner, over as well :V
Bad command or file name

Dark_Fox

• Servant of Pandora
« Reply #77 on: January 30, 2012, 03:45:09 PM »
Hey all, long time no see! Im noticing some people having issues with characters deforming in certain cut scenes. This is because the animation sequence has 'keyframes' that are set to certain models physical proportions. Switching that model will cause the new one to stretch and deform to 'align' with the keyframe settings. There is a means of fixing this. You will need to remove them manually from each cut scene. Then the new model will work. If EP want to shoot me an IM, I will give directions and the tool if needed to do this. Once the file is altered, it can be downloaded to replace the old one and it will fix this issue.

For people having issues with 'white boxes' where text should be or vanishing hud components, this is called by a texture 'kill' command in a CLEO script, OR cleo scripts using texture calls with the same name or ID number. Again, shoot me an IM and I will explain to EP. WAAAAY to much techno jargin to drop here ><.

For the members wanting to have wanted level raised by using cheats/cleo, this is POSSIBLE through memory address mods, but so far, every time I have done this, the game has become very unstable. The only time I have managed to make it work without crashing, vehicles would vanish if you touched them O.o. If I ever figure that out, I will let everyone know.

Anyhow, just checking in to see how things are going. I'll check back in a few to see if any help is needed >< Lookin' AWESOME Ep!

-Fox

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #78 on: January 30, 2012, 06:39:20 PM »
I've definitely seen the deforming problem in cutscenes, and while I've fixed a few via trans key removal, others were not patched (likely due to Squid adding some IFP files in gta3.img directly, or not noticing the proper file by which to edit the animations).

White boxes...yeah, that is something I'm not really sure about. Typically I've seen that error with the speedometer in some racing missions and with the Traffic CLEO mod.

Anyways, sending me a PM with technical explanations would be quite helpful in knowing the problems.
Bad command or file name

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
Re: Touhou GTA VMod - v1.6.1A released; 1.7 in development
« Reply #79 on: February 17, 2012, 05:00:27 AM »
I do not wish to install your entire mod however, LOLSQUID. I assume I'm able to just download the two model files? But what about CLEO Special Powers? And what about the Audio files? What exactly do they do? Will they change all ped voices to girls?
CLEO stuff is in the Main Data archive; you will need that, the models, and the audio parts (I don't think you need to apply the upgrade patch however, assuming a fresh install). The audio files change the radio and some sound effects (namely the loading screen); they do not change the ped voices due to the sheer amount of work involved.

Lastly, for the sake of consistency you can call me EP.

Also, on an unrelated note, Steam versions of GTA3, VC, and SA now support Steam Play, meaning that buying them there also nets you the Mac version; as I use Mac OS a lot and bought them on Steam, this is good news. Assuming I can get my hacked Mac OS install working completely (right now QE/CI acceleration is what I'm missing, and many games need that), at least a 'Light' version for Macs can be made possible, I believe.
...but that's not the priority for this mod right now.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2012, 05:04:28 AM by LOLSQUID 짬뽕 스페셜 »
Bad command or file name

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
Re: Touhou GTA VMod - v1.7 in development
« Reply #80 on: February 21, 2012, 03:27:35 PM »
Got the first radio station done - 58 songs total (original unmodded game had 12 for said station). OGGs were downsampled to 16-bit 32kHz with Lv4 quality (according to Audacity's encoder) to reduce filesizes while keeping quality acceptable.

However, I couldn't add extra entities directly (as in, adding more entities total than the game supported) without having problems, and thus to add more there were several options:
 - Remove all the DJ lines and have extra songs play on those. The other songs will play but not nearly as often as the main ones. Some songs may also only play on certain situations (story events, weather, time).
 - Remove the intro/outro segments and put extra songs. The way GTA:SA's audio works, this is very possible to do and other songs will play more often. However, there are more of these than DJ lines (in this case, 72 intro/outro segments for 12 songs -> 84 total). Plus there will be almost a set order to things (eg. 'Intro' 1/2/3 for D -> Song D -> 'Outro' 1/2/3 to D will pretty much always happen).
 - Do both at once. That would take far too many songs, so no.

I've opted with the first option for the time being, as it doesn't require that many songs (I prepared for around 50 per station).
Bad command or file name

« Reply #81 on: March 13, 2012, 06:54:53 AM »
i have the same problem with Chickenboo , the mod works perfectly but spells effects don't show up :
Master Spark ( only see multicolored rings but not the beam)
http://s817.photobucket.com/albums/zz97/muaha1997/?action=view&current=bug1.jpg
Non-Directional Lasers ( only see the ring but not the beam , too)
http://s817.photobucket.com/albums/zz97/muaha1997/?action=view&current=bug2.jpg
Hishouten
http://s817.photobucket.com/albums/zz97/muaha1997/?action=view&current=bug3.jpg
how can i fix it ?

edit
yes , here is my Speccy : http://speccy.piriform.com/results/HR5zWqUlJKzLSd6lqDjua0F
and about executable , does that mean i must install the game from the disc ? because i am using an installed gta that i copy from my usb ( lazy to reinstall it ) but i am sure that the version of gta i am using is v1.0
« Last Edit: March 16, 2012, 06:15:28 AM by Kyou »

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #82 on: March 15, 2012, 04:25:58 PM »
Could you run Speccy and post hardware specs?

Also I'd like to know which executable (eg. US v1, EU downgraded) you are using. That alone can break mods.
Bad command or file name

« Reply #83 on: March 31, 2012, 03:39:54 AM »
Hi, I installed this mod but the game crashes when the first cutscene should start. I'm running Window 7 but the game is running in compatibilty mode so that shouldnt be a problem. Here's the errordump it gives me.

GTA:SA Crashed, Debug Info Follows:

GTA Info:

Version: EU 1.0

Last File Loaded: models\txd\TRAFIC.txd

Last Library Loaded:

Error: Unknown

Assembly Info:

Exception At Address: 0x00000000

Exception Code: 0xc0000005 (EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION)

Registers:

EAX: 0x00000000   EBX: 0x0082258E

ECX: 0xFFFFFFFF   EDX: 0x03145C28

ESI: 0x00B71853   EDI: 0x01936695

EBP: 0x0022FB34   ESP: 0x0022FB18

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #84 on: April 01, 2012, 12:03:43 AM »
Trafic.txd...that is the traffic mod I put in there.

Check to see if you have that file in your models/txd directory. If none is there I can provide for one.
Bad command or file name

« Reply #85 on: April 02, 2012, 04:37:18 AM »
Hi, I was wondering something. Whenever I download any part of Models, or Audio, and try to open them up with WinRAR, I get a message saying that the archive is corrupt.
Is there anything I can do to fix this, or get another method for this? Megaupload is down and the torrent from http://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php/topic,8188.0.html isn't working. Please, help.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2012, 06:29:28 AM by kevanosiel »

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #86 on: April 02, 2012, 06:29:32 AM »
Select all the files and with 7-zip, right-click them (in Explorer, not 7zip File Manager) and choose 'Extract Here' in the 7-zip submenu.

That link you posted is for another user's version of this mod concept, and hasn't been updated in over a year.
Bad command or file name

« Reply #87 on: April 02, 2012, 06:32:58 AM »
Thank you. :)
« Last Edit: April 02, 2012, 07:02:24 AM by kevanosiel »

Flinix

• Too moe for ZUN
  • それは私、Flinixです
« Reply #88 on: April 12, 2012, 06:35:41 AM »
Welcoming myself back, let me first *poke* EP out of random. I have been quite busy lately with computer work, lawn service and college classes to the point of my existence disappearing.  I do no consider my position as a fortified tester anymore, just for time to test is at no avail. Class is going to lighten up in a week or so as finals will be here to end the semester, but lawn service will liekly fill the place of that in. Haven't not a chance to even play TGTA:GC in months it feels like, this is my status as of right now.

I will still like to hear if any attempts to make a SAMP server with these modifications may ever come into play.
私は本当にお金を必要とする

Yao-Kun

• Touhou Reimu & Miko Lovers
  • Busy doing college stuff...
« Reply #89 on: April 14, 2012, 06:44:29 PM »
I found a bug at OG Loc mission, where we chase (him) her with motorcycle...
After (s)he says "C'mon honey, I'm losing my patience", I guess that's (him) her 3rd dialogue...

And this is debug pop up :
Last File Loaded: AUDIO\STREAMS\DS
Last Library Loaded: d3d9.dll
Error : Unknown

Assembly Info:

Exception At Address : 0x0065EE94
Exception Code : 0xc0000005 (EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION)

Registers :
EAX: 0x00000001            EBX: 0x00000000
ECX: 0x00000000            EDX: 0x000001F4
ESI: 0x00000000             EDI: 0x00C0A744
EBP: 0x00C0A960           ESP: 0x0022FB0C
« Last Edit: April 14, 2012, 06:54:09 PM by Yao-Kun »

~Yukkuri Shiteitte ne~
So much for Take it Easy...