Author Topic: Yu-Gi-Oh!, the players' thread.  (Read 4597 times)

M. Burusu

• ... What is that?
  • Who knows.
Yu-Gi-Oh!, the players' thread.
« on: July 15, 2009, 08:05:45 PM »
This isn't going to have people making up cards.

No, it's going to have people making decks, swapping strategies, b!tchwhining about losses, whooping it up about victories, and generally talking about the game itself (and possibly about how badly Konami's f*cking it up -- seriously, Immortal Ruler? What The Hell, Konami...).

Me, right now I'm running a killer Zombie Burn deck. 3 Everliving Underworld Cannons, and a boatload of Zombie rehashing so that they fire off often (it doesn't hurt that I run 3 Zoma The Spirit, a Trap that turns into a Zombie which gets its own burn effect when it gets killed -- your opponent's going to stop and think when you flip him, that's for sure, and on top of that using him triggers the EUC(s)...). It got so badass that it was punching holes in the decks up at the high school -- Six Samurais et al.

What kickass decks do YOU run?
IceStage * + Aqua Navi, BN1-BN3 = Odd Idea
IceStage * + Aqua Navi, BN4-BN6 = Bad Idea

Drake

Re: Yu-Gi-Oh!, the players' thread.
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2009, 09:00:49 PM »
I don't have too too many cards, so to make a good deck I usually have to disassemble my previous one. I also haven't collected any cards since like 2004.

I love my remove from play decks.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

M. Burusu

• ... What is that?
  • Who knows.
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2009, 09:30:10 PM »
I don't have too too many cards, so to make a good deck I usually have to disassemble my previous one. I also haven't collected any cards since like 2004.

I love my remove from play decks.

They've only gotten more dangerous since then.

I forget if Macro Cosmos was out at that time . . . was it?

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2009, 11:54:13 PM »
I haven't played since Pharoah's Servant.

Last deck I ran was a generic water beatdown deck with Crab Turtles and Seven Colored Fish. I also had Light of Intervention because I really, really hate flip cards.

shinyjam

• Permabanned by TheStupidOne
  • I am a complete asshat!
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2009, 02:11:12 AM »
Still a fun game when you don't have all the rare cards. :V

In other news, 10 years anniversary for yugioh!

Prody

• (*'v'*) Creation
  • 『てめえら全員、ぶっ飛ばす!!』
    • Prody's other youtube channel
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2009, 10:05:49 AM »
1. SYNCHRO CAT

2. SYNCHRO CAT

3. SYNCHRO CAT
Prody's anime list! - Prody's favourite MADs on NicoDouga! - Me when steam trading
I wonder if anyone knows the true meaning of the last song in Nanairo?
the economy the economy the economy the economy

M. Burusu

• ... What is that?
  • Who knows.
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2009, 11:51:45 AM »
Blackwings are broken, discuss.

shinyjam

« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2009, 04:03:07 AM »
Tengu power! ;D

Although if you can't keep the flow of blackwings monsters or somehow screwed by opponent, then it would be the opponent who broke you.  :V

M. Burusu

• ... What is that?
  • Who knows.
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2009, 06:53:50 AM »
Tengu power! ;D

Although if you can't keep the flow of blackwings monsters or somehow screwed by opponent, then it would be the opponent who broke you.  :V

Of course, if you can't keep Blackwings flowing then there's something wrong with you.

Gale: Regular-rare, tuner, halves the ATK/DEF of an enemy of your choosing. Can be Special Summoned if you have another BW.
Bora: If you control another BW can be Special Summoned, has decent ATK and Piercing. Common.
Sirocco: Lv5, 2k ATK, can be Normal Summoned if you have no monsters, can pool the ATK of your BWs into ONE BW (coughBoracough), but no other BW can attack save the one that got pooled into. Common.
Shura: Decent ATK, when it kills something you summon a BW from your Deck. Common.
Kulat: Discard from hand to pump a BW BY 1400 ATK a la HONEST (hence my nickname for it, Honestbird, which came from a discussion topic about it). COMMON.

And then there's the back-breaking support; stuff like that trap that can be played FROM YOUR HAND if you have 3+ Blackwings, the Blackwing version of Graverobber (which has a disproportionate cost), Raptor Wing Strike (return a BW you control to your Deck, add a BW from your Deck to your hand), and Black Whirlwind (if Normal Summon a BW you can add a weaker BW to your hand -- coughSiroccoThenGalecough).

Then there's the Synchros, of which you only really need one (the first one, which cannot be destroyed by battle, and anything it fails to destroy in battle can just be killed with the resulting 'Wedge Counter' [I sh!t you not, that IS its name]).

. . . So yeah, Blackwings are officially the most broken archetype in the game, barring Chaos.

shinyjam

« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2009, 02:24:51 AM »
Main problem with top tier gaming is everyone just trying to play out their combos and trump as fast as possible with their lightsworn, gladiator, dad, etc. basically just self charging up instead of caring about opponent  and using some fun card like virus or level limit to screw the opponent monster...ojama trio would really screw with it. Not many people got the balls to use 3x solemn judgement these days...

I don't care how broken is was, if it not immune to monster effect, trap, magic, from hand, from graveyard, from rfg, and/or from deck by itself, is another fine challenge to me.

Also in pro level gaming, high atk mean nothing. Some sick deck would make you wish you never packed so many monsters in your deck.

Not that I don't acknowledge how awesome blackwings pwnage power is, but try running Dark World deck against Blackwings or a deck that ban special summon against all the top tier decks, see how many of them will be fucked by it.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2009, 05:11:35 AM by shinyjam »