Author Topic: Real EoSD hitbox patch  (Read 21549 times)

Real EoSD hitbox patch
« on: December 05, 2009, 02:27:07 PM »
Download

Just place the dll and png in your directory and it should provide a semblance of the focused hitbox behaviors of other games (instead of just painting a dot on the sprite).
Probably will not work with versions other than 1.02h.

Emarrel

• Something of pokeballs
Re: Real EoSD hitbox patch
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2009, 03:43:22 PM »
Oh hey, that's pretty cool. Good job.

Have you tried making it fade out upon release instead of just disappearing?

Solais

• Developer fairy
  • is working for a game developer now.
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2009, 03:47:13 PM »
What a Coincidence. I just 1cc'd EoSD Normal for the second time 2 minutes ago. I never could 1cc it again since I did it half a year ago.

GJ btw.

WHAT. GJ? That's not enough!! When I was playing now, I was thinking about how that hitbox didn't helped me and I was wondering why I was afraid of grazing in this game, and not in the others and why I mess up more in this. NOW I KNOW. IT WAS MISSING THIS KIND OF HITBOX!!! SO THANK YOU.

Also: It Reaaaaaaally helps with debugging my Rin project! I already know how to fix  that sprite bug.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2009, 03:54:20 PM by Solais »

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2009, 05:24:55 PM »
Oh hey, that's pretty cool. Good job.

Have you tried making it fade out upon release instead of just disappearing?

I made it fade/grow in and it would be easy to do the opposite.  However, I could never really decide how fast/how it should fade in so I just left it half done as I'm not quite sure which of the ways I want to do it.

Drake

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2009, 06:33:43 PM »
Thanks. I figured somebody would go ahead and one-up my crappy thing eventually, so to see this finally happen is great. Good job.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

Emarrel

• Something of pokeballs
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2009, 08:26:35 PM »
I made it fade/grow in and it would be easy to do the opposite.  However, I could never really decide how fast/how it should fade in so I just left it half done as I'm not quite sure which of the ways I want to do it.

Actually, I've just noticed doesn't actually fade out at all in the more recent games. However, the hitbox does pop up much more quickly; probably around the regions of just under half a second, while also having having another snowflake spinning around in the opposite direction.

It's not a big deal though, what's ultimately important is that it actually works and it's accurate too. This is me just being anal about aesthetics.

Speaking of which, it works fine with the retexture patch too.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2009, 08:37:41 PM by Emarrel »

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2009, 07:26:42 AM »
Bug reports, yaaaay!

Using this patch, returning to the game from an alt tab results in an instant crash. Doing so from the character select menu also re-arranges all of my carefully placed desktop icons that don't fit in the 800x600 space.

Along with tweaks to the speed of the hitbox coming up, I think it would be prudent to fix this for the next release.
The SoEW patch has had its second release, come and get it!

« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2011, 06:40:01 PM »
The download link doesn't work anymore. I've been searching for another link for hours and can't find any.
Help?

ChocolateLily

• >LIKE A BOSS<
  • I SEE... absolutely nothing.
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2011, 08:31:58 PM »
It worked fine for me.

It helped me beat Remi, and getting better at Flan! Thanks! ^-^
♥ ~ Shoutoku Taoist ~ Toyosatomimi no Miko~ ♥

Chocolate is a confectionery, Lily is a flower.
But my favourite food is rice, My favourite flower is an iris.
~Confused

« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2011, 08:38:38 AM »
Link doesn't work for me either.  Perhaps it's an on-again, off-again site?

Would someone kindly post another link?  I'd like to add this to the wiki (and with a more reliable download link).

I'm assuming that Drake still has his patch (not this one) on his project thread.  I'd test it but I'd feel too dirty; this is the wrong sort of hitbox patch for me.
eb: there should be a shmup that is sort of like podd minus the versus shit
eb: you go dodging semirandom things then it goes WARNING GET OUT OF THE WAY MOTHERFUCKER and you get a shitstorm
KB: and there is no way out of the way
eb: the way is through

Mimachiro

• Master of the Swimsuit
  • Making being an evil spirit look good
    • Tondemonai
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2011, 11:47:48 AM »

"I don't have anything against you, but I hope you're ready to die a dog's death!
Oh, don't worry, that cat will carry off your body, so you'll be able to live in our place!"

« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2011, 02:26:33 AM »
Thanks Mima.  Posted on wiki.
eb: there should be a shmup that is sort of like podd minus the versus shit
eb: you go dodging semirandom things then it goes WARNING GET OUT OF THE WAY MOTHERFUCKER and you get a shitstorm
KB: and there is no way out of the way
eb: the way is through