Author Topic: [Minecraft] MotK Minecraft Server ( New Server IP )  (Read 330915 times)

MatsuriSakuragi

Re: [Minecraft] MotK Minecraft Server (NEW WORLD)
« Reply #360 on: October 02, 2011, 08:30:49 PM »
Oh my. I kind of want to make one of these. :3

Mounting Jaggis

• It's a dinosaur rodeo!
  • Yeee haww!
« Reply #361 on: October 02, 2011, 08:41:07 PM »
Did you update to 1.8+ yet? We are still on 1.7.3 and don't intend to upgrade until 1.9.

Yea, I updated, I guess I'll search for a way to use older versions

Agent of the BSoD

• Takeminakata Invocation
  • Never forget
« Reply #362 on: October 02, 2011, 08:52:24 PM »
Yea, I updated, I guess I'll search for a way to use older versions
Or just go here. I put up backups of 1.7.3, with and without the optifine patches already added. Just replace what's in your .minecraft/bin folder with the downloads and you're set.
I figured out how to play midi in games with a different device on Win7 ^^
TF2 Backpack
Embodiment of Scarlet Hair English Patch is almost completed.
^ I didn't forget about this. I don't know what you're talking about. >_>

« Reply #363 on: October 02, 2011, 09:52:30 PM »
Video is up! (and youtube didn't screw it up either)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFnJD_OG_uc

It features the full 23 minutes of recording, with key points to times in the description.
Wow. I'm surprised you posted the full recording. It's a shame that the video didn't pick up the 1000 chickens part, but I can understand since the lag was horrendous.

Here, just stare at this during that part of the video:

That's what I got to stare at until the game kicked me for running out of memory. I'm just glad I didn't kill the server
Spoiler:
again

It's a shame that we didn't record the first massive spawning spree. Watching all of those creepers run around was really fun.

EDIT- Almost forgot.
I'm trying to join the server again, after seeing it doesn't use the phoenix terrain mod anymore, and I get a communication error. Does it have to do with the whitelist changes mentioned earlier in this page?
By the time I noticed this comment, you had already come back into the server. Good to see you again.

Anyway, I have been looking for you since we left the Brohoster server to see if you had wanted either of your previous structures (your castle, and the SDM under construction) imported into this world. Since we are going to be creating another new world once 1.9 hits, I can hold off on importing it now if you wish. The choice is up to you.

Also, if anyone can find out more about these "two major updates" that Notch has planned after 1.9, I'd greatly appreciate it. I am concerned that those updates would require a new world to be put in place.. I know that he mentioned that they're going to do a "code freeze" on October 18, to focus on the Convention. If they are a major game changer as Notch is implying, then we might hold off on the update until after things stabilize from those two updates. If the updates do not require a new world, then we'll proceed as scheduled. I know. I know. I'm tired of waiting too. I'm really eager to go adventuring!
« Last Edit: October 02, 2011, 10:06:13 PM by Dr.Strafe »

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
    • Sanmaat (site of personal tat)
« Reply #364 on: October 03, 2011, 12:18:06 AM »
Also, if anyone can find out more about these "two major updates" that Notch has planned after 1.9, I'd greatly appreciate it. I am concerned that those updates would require a new world to be put in place.. I know that he mentioned that they're going to do a "code freeze" on October 18, to focus on the Convention.
No idea of these 1.10+ update ideas, but I guess modding support, Sky dimension, and fish are included.

A code freeze in development is where part or all of a program will have no further changes in code. I'd take that as the latest time to update, since I doubt anything affecting the basics of the game will be affected.

If they are a major game changer as Notch is implying, then we might hold off on the update until after things stabilize from those two updates. If the updates do not require a new world, then we'll proceed as scheduled. I know. I know. I'm tired of waiting too. I'm really eager to go adventuring!
It was one thing to hold out on 1.8, but I feel we are far enough behind (compared to the 1.9 final pre-release) that an upgrade is almost warranted even with another interim shift.
C:DOS> ayayaya.mid
Bad command or file name

C:>_

« Reply #365 on: October 03, 2011, 12:26:14 AM »
Volcano biomes might be something that will move us again.

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #366 on: October 03, 2011, 12:50:44 AM »
No, I think they'll just generate on new chunks.

On the other hand, should the chunks have massive discrepancies, then we'd have to move shop again.
Bad command or file name

CadrinHaverit

« Reply #367 on: October 03, 2011, 03:07:52 PM »
On the other hand, should the chunks have massive discrepancies, then we'd have to move shop again.
Oh yes, yes they will. It happened to my old seeds after I had updated, anyway.

It really is sad that I cannot find the trapped gravel beach in the 404 seed anymore, if you know what I mean (the 404 challenges, etc). And the super cool floating mountains seed I once posted here? Nowhere as epic as it used to be.

You know what, might as well wait with updating the server until the supposed release date, 11.11. It's not that far away and apparently there is still plenty of new stuff in the making.

« Reply #368 on: October 03, 2011, 03:10:57 PM »
i can not wait that long =/ already painful enough not being able to play on 1.8  :(

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #369 on: October 03, 2011, 03:25:21 PM »
Oh yes, yes they will. It happened to my old seeds after I had updated, anyway.
I am aware of the 1.7->1.8 discrepancies, having tested them myself. That is one thing, but our major concern is for post-1.9 biome generation updating.

You know what, might as well wait with updating the server until the supposed release date, 11.11. It's not that far away and apparently there is still plenty of new stuff in the making.
I'd wait at latest for 18 Oct or so due to the stated code freeze, which will indicate (likely) no further changes to part or all of the code.

i can not wait that long =/ already painful enough not being able to play on 1.8  :(
I highly agree. Many of us are boring ourselves to death here, and I bet more are waiting until we update to return to this server.
Bad command or file name

Mounting Jaggis

• It's a dinosaur rodeo!
  • Yeee haww!
« Reply #370 on: October 03, 2011, 04:25:50 PM »
EDIT- Almost forgot.By the time I noticed this comment, you had already come back into the server. Good to see you again.

Anyway, I have been looking for you since we left the Brohoster server to see if you had wanted either of your previous structures (your castle, and the SDM under construction) imported into this world. Since we are going to be creating another new world once 1.9 hits, I can hold off on importing it now if you wish. The choice is up to you.

Thanks for the offer, but I'll wait until the next server update to transfer my structures. For now, I'm started another project which will mostly be made of dirt because I'm planning to use the stone blocks added in 1.8 Also, I wonder if we can make villagers from 1.9 spawn in our structures, that'll probably make our town a bit more livelier.

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #371 on: October 03, 2011, 04:48:32 PM »
Also, I wonder if we can make villagers from 1.9 spawn in our structures, that'll probably make our town a bit more livelier.
I think this should be possible once we put back Essentials and add Villager mob spawner in town.

However, this will attract the Shady-EP Village Reliable Excavation Demolition crew to town just to eliminate their fat noses :V. (Sunny & Friends can take Builders League United for all I care)
Bad command or file name

Ace the Fighter

• fighting master
« Reply #372 on: October 03, 2011, 05:23:25 PM »
I highly agree. Many of us are boring ourselves to death here, and I bet more are waiting until we update to return to this server.
yeah. as the video before shows, a lot of people are practically relying on Strafe for entertainment. =P but as for me, i am having fun building still

Molten

• Just a lil' goblin
  • A sweet potato.
« Reply #373 on: October 03, 2011, 06:18:53 PM »
Question about the village/city, is it okay to build myself a "second home" there? Just curious if there's any sort of restriction.

Shady_Ghost

• #totes
  • #legit
« Reply #374 on: October 03, 2011, 07:07:41 PM »
I think this should be possible once we put back Essentials and add Villager mob spawner in town.

However, this will attract the Shady-EP Village Reliable Excavation Demolition crew to town just to eliminate their fat noses :V. (Sunny & Friends can take Builders League United for all I care)
HECK YEAH! Those villagers don't belong with their STUPID FACES.  I hope those villagers are prepared to fly sky high.  :V
2lazy2createbettersig

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #375 on: October 03, 2011, 08:13:19 PM »
Question about the village/city, is it okay to build myself a "second home" there? Just curious if there's any sort of restriction.
You'll have to ask Sparda about that one. I'd move quickly, too, since existing residents are propping up even more structures (they even have a strip mall).

I did state I was going to build there, but I'm probably not going to at all with this recent change.

HECK YEAH! Those villagers don't belong with their STUPID FACES.  I hope those villagers are prepared to fly sky high.  :V
Oh, they'll see the blue skies after we plunder the villages for what they're worth. Chances are, though, I'll just mine out every block in the village for further resources.
Other uses include:
 - TNT cannon testing grounds
 - Mob grinder
 - Mob shotgun testing grounds
 - Miniature Midgar
 - Special Administrative Region (SAR) with very tight controls on what goes in and out (similar to Hong Kong in the PRC)
 - Garbage disposal
 - Historical exhibit (cover in glass, Jimmy-style)
 - Part of a giant parkour course (yes one is planned for the new server)
 - A place for 150+ creepers to be spawned
 - etc.
Bad command or file name

« Reply #376 on: October 03, 2011, 09:45:04 PM »
I have a stupid great idea for a gate, when we move the city when paching to 1.9 I heard that it's going to be moved closer to the spawn after transfer, so we don't need a railway as main entrance :V
I for that I need 40 Sticky Pistons, a few stacks redstone and some german engineering xD
Going to test it in singleplayer first I hope it will work as I planned.

btw Strafe, is it possible that I can start building my mansion for the underground on the surface and you move it into the underground later on? Since I'm not going to work on the underworld till we move with 1.9 I have some time for that. (Well I'm close to be done with the walls and water, when we move to 1.9 I can start cave the area's for the city of oni :V I'm pretty excited for that. This is going to be like Sparda's city, just underground ^^, but it shouldn't lose the flair of an old city, I hope so)

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #377 on: October 03, 2011, 09:51:52 PM »
I for that I need 40 Sticky Pistons, a few stacks redstone and some german engineering xD
Going to test it in singleplayer first I hope it will work as I planned.
Knowing how well the last bit works I will send support. Korean engineering (which lacks in originality and yet we call it our own, using the 100x crazier spinoffs we've done to prove that) isn't going too far lately. XD

(Well I'm close to be done with the walls and water, when we move to 1.9 I can start cave the area's for the city of oni :V I'm pretty excited for that. This is going to be like Sparda's city, just underground ^^, but it shouldn't lose the flair of an old city, I hope so)
Now we need a Yuugi.
Bad command or file name

BlackSparda

• Reimu Hakurei empress through gods grace
  • Peace through osaisen!
« Reply #378 on: October 03, 2011, 10:00:00 PM »
its okay for me when you build a second home but there are some places were you should not build like the front area  (where the two gatehouses are and the castle) it is still reserved for ep ( i hope you will build something ep)
 and the place that is marked with the line of torches ( its doras place) and for those people that have nothing build until yet in the city you can also build houses in hakurei city
and when the city run out off building space i can make a second ring around it.

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #379 on: October 03, 2011, 10:03:19 PM »
We will update to 1.9 as soon as it's released. As discussed, when we do, we'll install Multiverse to generate a new world (and wipe the nether as well).

The current world will remain as the main map. The map is big enough that any new chunks resulting in hard edges should be far away enough to not bother us much. Whatever else breaks, breaks. Be prepared for your mob grinders to be dissected by Endermen and have Creepers bursting out the seams. :V

You'll be able to warp to the spawn point of the new world with /warp, no portals necessary.

I am not too concerned about further updates after 1.9. I really just wanted to sit on 1.8 for a while so bugs would get sorted out; the real big change is the different terrain generation code; once it's put in, we won't have to worry about further updates creating more breaks in the unexplored map (probably).

It's also not quite as necessary to wait for bugfix iterations since Notch is doing the prerelease things to look for bugs beforehand now.

tl;dr - go ahead and keep playing, you won't lose a single thing in the transition.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2011, 10:04:52 PM by Stuffman »

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #380 on: October 03, 2011, 10:17:04 PM »
( i hope you will build something ep)
Well, had to put this in red, eh? Well, I still am thinking of the option, likely a brick place since I never really used brick for structures beforehand. But the growth of the Sunny Strip Mall and the Sunny Day Times Archives is making things a bit uneasy about the prospects of construction.

We will update to 1.9 as soon as it's released. As discussed, when we do, we'll install Multiverse to generate a new world (and wipe the nether as well).
One request - I'd also add Sphere world, the one thing from DDR's server that didn't make sense and yet was kickass. We can reboot that to PX's Anarchy World, as I have suggested several times, and the only place where 'the law' applies is in the primary sphere.
Major reasoning? Vanilla worlds were regarded as boring at one point, but having our main world as heavily PTM-modified backfired, so having an alternate-terrain world on the side seems good. Moreover Sphere is quite common on other servers that use Multiverse. Lastly it was hard to define the boundaries of PX's original Anarchy Land on BroHoster map.

The current world will remain as the main map. The map is big enough that any new chunks resulting in hard edges should be far away enough to not bother us much. Whatever else breaks, breaks. Be prepared for your mob grinders to be dissected by Endermen and have Creepers bursting out the seams. :V
OK, no problems. But I'd also request a fresh 1.9 world as well for exploration and whatnot purposes, but on the other hand I think it's already a bit to request Sphere world, so if only one of the two is implemented I'd ask for the former to take priority.

And should that happen to PX's grinder - wait, Endermen don't take out nearly as many blocks in 1.9 so we're a bit safer. However they do teleport more often.

tl;dr - go ahead and keep playing, you won't lose a single thing in the transition.
Hopefully, anyways. ^^

Bad command or file name

« Reply #381 on: October 03, 2011, 10:21:48 PM »
It's QUOTE-TASTIC! Oh boy! Oh joy!
No idea of these 1.10+ update ideas, but I guess modding support, Sky dimension, and fish are included.

It was one thing to hold out on 1.8, but I feel we are far enough behind (compared to the 1.9 final pre-release) that an upgrade is almost warranted even with another interim shift.
I agree. It sucks that we've been waiting for almost a month now. The only reason we're waiting until 1.9 is because Notch didn't complete the biome coding properly in 1.8. Even when 1.9 hits, we're going to have to wait another week or so, so the kinks can get worked out and our plugins work properly. This will probably make us wait until October 18 anyway, but I'm hoping it can happen sooner. Also, we're DEFINITELY NOT waiting until MineCon to update the server. Oct 18 is bad enough. :V

Sure! Sparda mentioned that there still aren't enough residents in Hakurei City. I've built a second home there myself. There should be plenty of space around my home if you feel like building one yourself.

yeah. as the video before shows, a lot of people are practically relying on Strafe for entertainment. =P but as for me, i am having fun building still
* Dr.Strafe cues Carnival music
Step right up! Step right up! Come see the Amazing Speedy Tengu Twins! Watch as one disappears before your very eyes after levitating in place! Watch as her sister runs and jumps around at insane speeds, while hugging every cactus that she can find! Not to worry, folks. She doesn't "die" like the game would have you believe. She'll be back up and taunting you faster than a blink of an eye! Come see the Delusional Old Woman! She only thinks she's 17! We also have the INCREDIBLE Juggling Magician. She's so good, she juggles with herself! We have TWO new games that are sure to keep you occupied for hours: Hide the Feathers, and Sunny Hunt! Take a ride in our EXCITING new TNT Cannon (under construction). Take a swim in our giant pool inside the TOWER OF DOOM! All this and more! Just come on in and watch your step!

Alright, seriously now. I'm perfectly fine with people building stuff while we wait for the update. In fact, I encourage that sort of action. Just give me a heads up on where/what you are building, so I can add it to the list of future schematics.
That's fine. Blow up the villages. However, I would like at least one to remain intact, so I can see what Notch actually has planned for the ugly bastards. Quests, etc.

btw Strafe, is it possible that I can start building my mansion for the underground on the surface and you move it into the underground later on? Since I'm not going to work on the underworld till we move with 1.9 I have some time for that. (Well I'm close to be done with the walls and water, when we move to 1.9 I can start cave the area's for the city of oni :V I'm pretty excited for that. This is going to be like Sparda's city, just underground ^^, but it shouldn't lose the flair of an old city, I hope so)
I haven't made the schematic for your underground area yet, so feel free to go ahead and build it down there. I can save a schematic above-ground like you're asking, however the schematic bounding fields save "air" blocks as well. This could cause some issues when placing the mansion within the cavern, as the "air blocks" within the mansion schematic could overwrite any walls or structures already down there. It's really up to you.

I'll inform everyone whenever it's time to get ready for... the... schem--
The current world will remain as the main map.
Huh. Well, nevermind then!

We'll see how everything pans out once we update.

BlackSparda

• Reimu Hakurei empress through gods grace
  • Peace through osaisen!
« Reply #382 on: October 03, 2011, 10:28:28 PM »
strafe it looks like that hakurei city has some buildings in the underground dont know how deep it is and at witch layer

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #383 on: October 03, 2011, 10:37:49 PM »
Step right up! Step right up! ....
I think I bust a gut laughing at this.

Don't make us build a theme park now. :getdown:
You also forgot, however, Agent Hunting where a speedy fatass has to go into a cave and hunt an old woman and her life insurance agent (oh wait they're the same).

That's fine. Blow up the villages. However, I would like at least one to remain intact, so I can see what Notch actually has planned for the ugly bastards. Quests, etc.
Yeah, that one will be encrusted in glass. Should the villagers give a quest to destroy the glass, well, they face TNT. :getdown:

EDIT: Since Stuffman clarified what we will be doing, I think I'll ask for both my arenas to be imported again, and I'll be starting that parkour course of doom (which bars flying, Zombe's sprinting, and warp compass).

EDIT2: To Sparda and Molten: You can take that front part and use it for your second home. I don't think I'll be making camp in Hakurei City, not even a mart. You know me and my disposition to towns....
« Last Edit: October 03, 2011, 11:42:57 PM by あややや Newspapers Conglomerate »
Bad command or file name

InfernalExuro

• Totally not dead, I swear.
  • I lied. Totally dead.
« Reply #384 on: October 03, 2011, 11:46:11 PM »
I seem to be gathering more wolves exponentially now.  :V They just keep appearing outside of my little area with the rest of my tamed ones.

Also, I'm still all for the destruction of those Villagers. I'll keep hunting those Creepers in the hills next to me.
Steam | NNID: InfernalExuro | 3DS FC: [whoops my 3ds died] | FFXIV: Violet Nolansson [Gilgamesh]

Ace the Fighter

• fighting master
« Reply #385 on: October 03, 2011, 11:56:58 PM »
- Historical exhibit (cover in glass, Jimmy-style)

XD

Well, had to put this in red, eh? Well, I still am thinking of the option, likely a brick place since I never really used brick for structures beforehand. But the growth of the Sunny Strip Mall and the Sunny Day Times Archives is making things a bit uneasy about the prospects of construction.
Actually, i made the strip mall. Sparda asked me to make a marketplace for the city so i made one. :V

Agent of the BSoD

• Takeminakata Invocation
  • Never forget
« Reply #386 on: October 04, 2011, 12:09:25 AM »
Step right up! Step right up! Come see the Amazing Speedy Tengu Twins! Watch as one disappears before your very eyes after levitating in place! Watch as her sister runs and jumps around at insane speeds, while hugging every cactus that she can find! Not to worry, folks. She doesn't "die" like the game would have you believe. She'll be back up and taunting you faster than a blink of an eye! Come see the Delusional Old Woman! She only thinks she's 17! We also have the INCREDIBLE Juggling Magician. She's so good, she juggles with herself! We have TWO new games that are sure to keep you occupied for hours: Hide the Feathers, and Sunny Hunt! Take a ride in our EXCITING new TNT Cannon (under construction). Take a swim in our giant pool inside the TOWER OF DOOM! All this and more! Just come on in and watch your step!
I think I bust a gut laughing at this.

Don't make us build a theme park now. :getdown:
You also forgot, however, Agent Hunting where a speedy fatass has to go into a cave and hunt an old woman and her life insurance agent (oh wait they're the same).
This is hilarious. :getdown:
Spoiler:
Shady will NEVER find me either :V

And about the world saving over in the 1.9 update, I'm rather skeptical about it, as we saw what happened last time, which will most likely happen with 1.9. Sure, we have lots of chunks again, but if we expand too much, it's gonna be really weird. I understand that transferring each and every thing as a schematic is not a fun task. Well, guess I'll wait and see what happens.
I figured out how to play midi in games with a different device on Win7 ^^
TF2 Backpack
Embodiment of Scarlet Hair English Patch is almost completed.
^ I didn't forget about this. I don't know what you're talking about. >_>

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #387 on: October 04, 2011, 12:21:58 AM »
Also, I'm still all for the destruction of those Villagers. I'll keep hunting those Creepers in the hills next to me.
Welcome to the club, then! I guess we'll be demolishing those villages fueled with TF2 experience, a desire to stay a bit off from towns, and torching properly!

Actually, i made the strip mall. Sparda asked me to make a marketplace for the city so i made one. :V
Well, it does the job. Seems the hegemony Shady and I had with Shady-Eleven and RecettEP is being contested with Sunny Home Furnishings (plus the defunct SunnyMart), Jimmy's ABC store, and one from Cadmas (not sure what he's selling though).

And about the world saving over in the 1.9 update, I'm rather skeptical about it, as we saw what happened last time, which will most likely happen with 1.9. Sure, we have lots of chunks again, but if we expand too much, it's gonna be really weird. I understand that transferring each and every thing as a schematic is not a fun task. Well, guess I'll wait and see what happens.
I'm another sceptic about this as well. However this is somewhat understandable and will make for some interesting terrain mishaps. :V
Bad command or file name

« Reply #389 on: October 04, 2011, 12:28:36 AM »
Sunny just gave me the BEST Minecraft Birthday present ever!
She forgot the chickens. Or was it creepers? Creepkens?