Author Topic: Deus Ex Human Revolution: OH MY GOD JC A PREQUEL  (Read 3402 times)

communist unity (comm-unity)

• Boss of the Gym
  • 100% salt
Deus Ex Human Revolution: OH MY GOD JC A PREQUEL
« on: August 23, 2011, 02:37:49 AM »
aka the deus ex 2 we've all been waiting for.
The game comes out in a few hours. Getting hyped.

Reviews seem to be positive and RPS says it's the "most PC game this year".
If you've been living under a rock, here are a few trailers.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2011, 02:43:59 AM by herdcrabs »

Jes_Isaive

Re: Deus Ex Human Revolution: OH MY GOD JC A PREQUEL
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2011, 03:09:23 AM »
I never asked for this.

Anyways, I noticed that the was a picture of Mr. JC Denton (In the fresh.) for one of the achievements. Guess he is in the game after all.

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2011, 03:10:22 AM »
Will be waiting to see what people say about it after they've played it, reviews can't be trusted.

I will only consider it a true successor to Deus Ex if it has at least two solutions to every single obstacle, no exceptions.

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
Re: Deus Ex Human Revolution:
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2011, 03:14:43 AM »

Jes_Isaive

Deus Ex Human Revolution: You're gonna burn alright.
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2011, 03:22:39 AM »
A PREQUEL
It's remote controlled. Hold on...

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2011, 05:25:46 AM »
I will be picking this up tomorrow as well. I certainly hope it's leagues better than Invisible War.

« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2011, 02:12:22 PM »
Sadly its not coming out in Europe before the 26th. :(
But i have it preordered and am very eager to play. The positive reviews are a relief really. I was pretty worried that this would just be another one of those games that hide their own ugly face behind an overglorified trailer made by Square.

It seems the biggest issues people have with it are the bosses since they require you to simply kill them without giving you the option of playstyle like in the rest of the game.

There is one thing though. Am I the only one who doesn't like the idea of that golden highlighting of every interactable object in the game? I dig the graphical style of it as far as I've seen through reviews and images but the shining aura of 'hey, use this!'-ness does add to the visual style but makes it look like its way too easy to find solutions to the situations you are faced with.

I am optimistic though. Its stealth might not be as good as things like Splinter Cell Double Agent or some shit but it seems to go along with that particular game's spirit. The idea that every situation (save for boss fights) can be handled without killing anyone and alerting anyone. You could probably even play without using weapons at all. The boss fights doesn't actually scare me too much to be honest. Just like in Hitman and in some situations in Splinter Cell and Metal Gear Solid, you have bad guys you need to kill. Its simply part of the story.

InfernalExuro

• Totally not dead, I swear.
  • I lied. Totally dead.
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2011, 06:32:28 PM »
The copy I pre-ordered on Steam seems to enjoy crashing on me.  At least it looks incredible for what little time I get to play it. :getdown:
Steam | NNID: InfernalExuro | 3DS FC: [whoops my 3ds died] | FFXIV: Violet Nolansson [Gilgamesh]

Edible

« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2011, 06:48:14 PM »
The copy I pre-ordered on Steam seems to enjoy crashing on me.  At least it looks incredible for what little time I get to play it. :getdown:

For what it's worth, I preloaded mine on Steam and it was heavily fragmented.  I would try to fix the install through steam.

Jes_Isaive

« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2011, 11:06:23 PM »
Leaked image of Final Fantasy XXVII's boxart. :derp:

And I can't run this on anything higher than 800x600 and still play decently. What a shame.

DDRMANIAC007

• The DDR Maniac
  • Dance Dance Revolution
    • The Touhou stream blog
Deus Ex: HR stream
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2011, 12:33:00 AM »
http://www.livestream.com/ddrmaniac007
Due to DirectX streaming, I won't be able to chat back.

« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2011, 03:18:23 PM »
There is one thing though. Am I the only one who doesn't like the idea of that golden highlighting of every interactable object in the game? I dig the graphical style of it as far as I've seen through reviews and images but the shining aura of 'hey, use this!'-ness does add to the visual style but makes it look like its way too easy to find solutions to the situations you are faced with.

You can turn that off in the options, and it's off by default on the hardest difficulty.

« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2011, 04:13:52 PM »
Ah, that's good news. It would really kill a lot of the fun in exploring and finding different opportunities if everything is highlighted. Glad to hear you can turn it off.

Paul Debrion

• Highroller
  • Back again for more!
« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2011, 04:49:57 PM »
I will only consider it a true successor to Deus Ex if it has at least two solutions to every single obstacle, no exceptions.

I think it has to be said that as awesome as it is, not even the original could live up to that standard.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2011, 04:52:01 PM by Professor Paul1290 »
I'll come up with an evil scheme later. First, it's time to build a giant robot!

You can't have a good evil scheme without a giant robot!

Jes_Isaive

« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2011, 05:15:16 PM »
I think it has to be said that as awesome as it is, not even the original could live up to that standard.
There's still a surprising amount of ways to go about any objective, as I learned during my pacifist/stealth run.

TOO BAD THE INTRO COUNTS TOWARDS KILLS

Also have a cool easter egg.

Edible

« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2011, 07:25:53 PM »
Finall beat it.

TOO BAD THE INTRO COUNTS TOWARDS KILLS

This pissed me off.  >:/

I did a complete pacifist run, too.

Jes_Isaive

« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2011, 10:21:36 PM »
Finall beat it.

This pissed me off.  >:/

I did a complete pacifist run, too.
Same. I guess I'll just go beat the game again. For the third time.
I guess I'll go out of my way and not set off any alarms too

Edit: Oh, and I thought I'd mention that since the ingame music is so quiet, there's a delightful workaround.
Play music from the original Deus Ex. Running around
Spoiler:
China
while playing The Synapse was the best idea I had during my entire playthrough.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2011, 06:08:05 AM by Kyouko Isaive »

« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2011, 08:11:13 PM »
Guns are OP. Anyone agree?

Playing this game like an action game makes it far too easy. You can see where you are aiming while behind cover so you can just align your crosshair with people's faces and then pop out from cover and make a headshot and retreat to cover before anyone even shoots you.

Playing the game like you would Splinter Cell is satisfying though. :)