Author Topic: Can you say, cruel?  (Read 11470 times)

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
Re: Can you say, cruel?
« Reply #30 on: October 19, 2011, 07:11:31 PM »
Because some people find that to be the hardest game.
UFO is harder, as is GFW until you 'get' the freeze mechanic.
I find SA (normal) to be quite easy actually, and I primarily play normal/hard (moving up to lunatic, slowly)

Jett

• Clever Title
  • Clever Text
    • Remnant Jett
« Reply #31 on: October 19, 2011, 07:18:12 PM »
Ah, I see. How about PCB? I let a few of my friends try it out today on normal. They each got past Stage one (only one managed to lose only one life).

"If I die, I forgive you. If I live, we shall see." - Spanish Proverb

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #32 on: October 19, 2011, 07:53:29 PM »
Either PCB or IN is the best one to start someone off on.
PCB has the easiest game as a whole (although reflowering is nasty when you play the difficulty it's on), while IN has the easiest easy by far (but Kaguya's last spell is no pushover).

Zap

• Embodiment of Lightning
  • Shocking, isn't it?
« Reply #33 on: October 19, 2011, 09:39:02 PM »
You did tell him how to control the game beforehand right?
I sure did. That just made it even funnier.  :]

Angelfire

• Oh, you can't help that.
  • Mostly everyone's mad here.
« Reply #34 on: October 20, 2011, 12:05:58 PM »
Either PCB or IN is the best one to start someone off on.
PCB has the easiest game as a whole (although reflowering is nasty when you play the difficulty it's on), while IN has the easiest easy by far (but Kaguya's last spell is no pushover).

I actually found PoFV's easy to be easier, but that's probably just me. (That, and I've already beaten it twice on Normal)
Without beginning or end

The ring stretches on into the infinite.

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #35 on: October 20, 2011, 07:34:58 PM »
I actually found PoFV's easy to be easier, but that's probably just me. (That, and I've already beaten it twice on Normal)
That's really different from all the other games though, which is why I'd say it isn't the best to start someone on.
That said, I'm biased because i started with IN.

Jett

• Clever Title
  • Clever Text
    • Remnant Jett
« Reply #36 on: October 20, 2011, 09:55:01 PM »
Hmmm.... now that I think about it, I started with EoSD...  :wat:

« Reply #37 on: October 22, 2011, 08:09:36 PM »
I started with EoSD too. When I got PCB I liked EoSD the best but now that game is making me extremely frustrated because I can't 1cc Hard mode (damn Sakuya). PCB is more relaxing and fun to play for me. As for IN I don't have that yet but I'm getting it soon.
I teased my friend a little about how she plays on Easy but not a lot because she uses Reimu B and of course Patchouli is brutal with that shot type. She doesn't get to stage 4 often though.
One of my other friends can't really be bothered to play properly most of the time and dies a ton of times.

« Reply #38 on: November 02, 2011, 03:15:03 AM »
Hohohohoho.... My sister.

The first game I introduced her to, was PCB. Easy, because I am merciless.

She kept swerving into the big bullets, or missing obvious blind points. Bomb spam? Definitely.

How far did she get? Stage 3, amazingly....

... She used all her continues to get there. Maximum lives on the options and everything.

~~~~~~~~~

Had my dad play a bit of EoSD. He got to Stage 2, and then that first part overwhelmed him like no tomorrow.

~~~~~~~~

Hardest Touhou Game? SA. No objections. Haven't made it to Stage 6 on the easiest difficulty. Stage 5 is murder.

shurcle

• You can nom on yourself sometimes!
« Reply #39 on: November 02, 2011, 05:29:25 PM »
Hohohohoho.... My sister.

The first game I introduced her to, was PCB. Easy, because I am merciless.

She kept swerving into the big bullets, or missing obvious blind points. Bomb spam? Definitely.

How far did she get? Stage 3, amazingly....

... She used all her continues to get there. Maximum lives on the options and everything.

~~~~~~~~~

Had my dad play a bit of EoSD. He got to Stage 2, and then that first part overwhelmed him like no tomorrow.

~~~~~~~~

Hardest Touhou Game? SA. No objections. Haven't made it to Stage 6 on the easiest difficulty. Stage 5 is murder.
SA isn't that hard, but it took me a while to master MarisaB

Darth_Sirov

• Gensou Rounin
  • Profile Loading... Please Wait Warmly.
« Reply #40 on: November 09, 2011, 11:34:12 AM »
I've been trying to get a friend of mine to try the game, but apart from our times not on the same frame (my free time isn't his and vice versa), but I did try to send him an email and stuff about it (music, games, etc), even sending the cracked.com article about it (you guys should read it when you have the time). Though he never really tried the game yet, I fear he may never try it unless I force him physically. He was a Shmup fanatic (used to play games like Strikers and Aero Fighters), as well as being Japanophile and an anime lover, but his preferences are more on guns (girls with guns, etc) and sci-fi, rather than Mahou Shoujo (to which he initially assumed Touhou is, given the amount of myths and magic stuffs in there as I explained).

If I can get him to play, I'll tell how it goes.

Jett

• Clever Title
  • Clever Text
    • Remnant Jett
« Reply #41 on: November 09, 2011, 01:44:16 PM »
I've been trying to get a friend of mine to try the game, but apart from our times not on the same frame (my free time isn't his and vice versa), but I did try to send him an email and stuff about it (music, games, etc), even sending the cracked.com article about it (you guys should read it when you have the time). Though he never really tried the game yet, I fear he may never try it unless I force him physically. He was a Shmup fanatic (used to play games like Strikers and Aero Fighters), as well as being Japanophile and an anime lover, but his preferences are more on guns (girls with guns, etc) and sci-fi, rather than Mahou Shoujo (to which he initially assumed Touhou is, given the amount of myths and magic stuffs in there as I explained).

If I can get him to play, I'll tell how it goes.

*salutes* We wish you luck.

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #42 on: November 10, 2011, 02:51:00 AM »
I got a friend to try PCB.  He insisted on doing no focus no bombs lunatic...It didn't go well.  Then he played some normal, said the game was easy, then died a few times.

Naturally I had to show him how hard it got...cue lunatic Stage 6 failures.

He has a lot of things he's doing, but he does enjoy the game at least, even if he keeps trying lunatic.

Darth_Sirov

• Gensou Rounin
  • Profile Loading... Please Wait Warmly.
« Reply #43 on: November 16, 2011, 12:58:09 PM »
*salutes* We wish you luck.

Well, him being an FPS fanatic, my best bet is to show him DynaMarisa 3D. I should keep that in mind.