Author Topic: Fractale Director asks Fractale manga to stop  (Read 4062 times)

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
Fractale Director asks Fractale manga to stop
« on: June 25, 2011, 04:05:07 AM »
Source here

Found the topic on GameFAQs, and among other things, I found out that Fractale apperently didn't do well in Japan, which disappoints me greatly. I just recently finished it, and enjoyed it a lot sans the ending which irked me a little.

Though, compared to  seeing what the author thought about it, it's not really relevant. I've been wanting to make a topic on Fractale for almost a week now, and this event gave me a good excuse to finally do it.

How did you guys like Fractale after it ended? After about ep.5, I had to drop it because of lack of time, but it seemed that the majority loved it. Though, looking at more recent topics about Fractale, reactions seemed to become more mixed, ranging mediocre to bad. Surprising because of liked it was here and how much I enjoyed the relationship, between Clain, Phryne, and Nessa.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

Drake

Re: Fractale Director asks Fractale manga to stop
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2011, 04:52:09 AM »
I actually thought it was really weird that Japan didn't watch it much at all. Pixiv rating scale is dead low.

It's basically a case of people not liking how it ended because they thought it should have ended another way. There were a couple things that weren't explained very well or at all, which probably upset some people.

i for one loved it regardless even if a few things irked me

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2011, 05:00:21 AM »
Also everyone was too busy being obsessed with Madoka :V

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2011, 06:39:20 AM »
Pretty hilarious that even the manga artist thought it was bad enough that they would say something like that out in the open :V

You may recall my earlier complaint was that the ending smacks of "hurr it was all a dream", but after thinking about it a bit more I decided the idea presented there wasn't so bad. The main issue I have with it is that the ending basically does nothing but reveal the premise of the show. A premise is not a resolution! :|

Also there are a bunch of scenes towards the end that really really push my suspension of disbelief, like the ones where they just stand in the middle of the hallway having a conversation while a firing line of guards is shooting at them and nobody is getting hit.

Basically the last few episodes are just complete garbage and it leaves a really bad taste in my mouth. The first few episodes were really heartwarming though, particularly the stuff with Nessa.

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2011, 08:58:05 AM »
Well, I personally really enjoyed Fractale. Apart from how gorgeously drawn it was (and one amazing OP), I thought it was great social commentary on organised religion, technology's (sometimes) clash with our humanity, and the use of violence to meet a political end.

And speaking of endings, while it did leave some questions unanswered, I thought the notion hinted at - that the different characters in Fractale existed in the mind of a young girl, and were a reflection of the different aspects and people of her life - was a great Lynchian touch that underlined how much the issues the show addressed effect us all.

There were a few loose ends that could've been tied up, but you know, I've never actually required a story to explain everything to me for me to enjoy it. Overall, I consider Fractale one of my favorites.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Ryuu

• time for kittyrina lessons
  • time to press r again
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2011, 09:11:39 AM »
There were a few loose ends that could've been tied up, but you know, I've never actually required a story to explain everything to me for me to enjoy it.

it really bothers me recently how people will say a show(or anything really) is bad because not everything is fully explained

like everything always needs to be fully explained all the time or something

idgi

http://ryuukyunplaysstuff.tumblr.com/ read about me playing league i guess

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2011, 09:29:41 AM »
idgi

Some people don't like thinking.

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

Jana

• mrgrgr
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2011, 04:09:50 PM »
My issue with the ending was that the last episode simply felt way too rushed. If they'd had a 13-episode season instead of 12, maybe others' complaints about loose ends could have been tied up too?

Solais

• Developer fairy
  • is working for a game developer now.
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2011, 06:07:25 PM »
Yeah, I liked Fractale too, very, even if I look away from the boring Lynchian touch, it was still like a great adventure what should have been more emphasized if it were longer.

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2011, 04:38:37 PM »
The main beef I had with the ending was how they were always saying that they were doing this so they could be together, yet it just didn't feel that way in the end after they
Spoiler:
fused. THe girl in the epilouge just didn't seem either one tbh. Well, I guess it could have been Nessa, but I didn't really see any Phryne there. Of course there might have been some meaning behind it, but it does nothing to make me like it.

btw, we marking spoilers? Wasn't sure, so I did it to be safe.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff