Author Topic: Progress on Untitled Project, Scratchbuild & Maybe Some Diorama pics Later on.  (Read 12743 times)

Caber Knight Etch-A-Sketch

• The return of something
I wholeheartedly approve! Keep up the good work, guy!

I smoothed out the joint on the shield - Now it doesn't stick out as much - and started painting the diorama. Tired. More pics tomorrow, comrades.

Let me back into CPMC :|

Alright, Still alive. I redesigned the shoulder pieces to make it look more... regal. Here's a rough design.

I had many designs flying around in my head, rewatched a bit of Sengoku Basara for ideas. Originally the bottoms were going to be rounded, but I scrapped that idea for curved ends and tapered sides. 2 hours.

The undersides.

Those triangles are for attaching a little angled piece later on. I could possible mod them to hold polycaps, too... As always, bars of styrene to hold the things in place.
Hmmm...
Too pointy.

*5 min later*

I'll have to redo this later, but it's fine for now. It won't take up as much space now, and it just generally more smooth-looking.

Gah. I think I inhaled some plastic dust.

And there's the diorama progress, after alternating acrylic washes of "terracotta" and "burnt umber." I like it. Lichen next, then moss made with flocking and baking soda.

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
  • I suddenly feel like I ate a crowbar.
Have I told you repeatedly but not excessively that you're awesome?

Because you are.
[20:45:19] Ciryano: come and behold why they call it the Panzerfaust
[20:45:39] Hakurei Reimu: ... because it shoots once and then you throw it out?
                                                                                   .

Ryuu

• time for kittyrina lessons
  • time to press r again
holy shiiiiiiiiit

http://ryuukyunplaysstuff.tumblr.com/ read about me playing league i guess

E-Nazrin

• .... what're you looking at?
  • fuwafuwa pachipachi
I wonder what 2ch is going to think of this?
There was something here once. Wonder what...

My head hurts from all the fumes...

I finished detailing most of the shoulders, and it looks EPIC. I have to say, I am exceedingly pleased with this.

Pics tomorrow. Homework to do.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
That is a nice rock. It looks all reals and stuff.

Shoulder details mostly done. (Would have been done a few days earlier had it not been for ~Ef~.) I still plan to attach a slanted piece at the very top, though. It'll cover up some of the shoddy cutting in that area.

I pla plated the thing rather simply, to make it look like a metal girder holding it in place. Then, I added a few rivets to make it look more realistic.

Bottom isn't as detailed, I plan to have it either black or brown, with the rivets metallic and sticking out.

So, what'dya think, guys? Any advice on how I could improve?

Aterisk

• アタリスク・アイダロ
  • 男は僕の心を素早く盗みます。
I must say the very beginning made my eyes orgasm... I cannot imagine what the final product will be @___@

The shoulders are completely finished. Too lazy to actually take a picture, though. The rest will have to wait until I actually order the base kits, but the supplies are all ready. Month-long hiatus, I guess.

And who moved this to Rika's? It doesn't really make sense to put this with all the danmakufu threads.

Ryuu

• time for kittyrina lessons
  • time to press r again
honestly if you hadn't mentioned this in irc I would have never seen it again : /

http://ryuukyunplaysstuff.tumblr.com/ read about me playing league i guess

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
I moved this a few days ago, because I figured it was serious-project-y enough to go somewhere other than the insular-clique-building CPMC.

Just because it isn't danmakufu doesn't mean it isn't a serious, time-invested project.
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Nobu

• Serendipitous Youkai
  • i post while naked
    • My Tumblr
Would you rather the thread go into Alice's Art Atelier instead, Ubiquital?
Tumblr (sometimes NSFW) | PM for Facebook

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
Well, it is art, and amazing art at that.
And our board definitely could use more attention. :/
« Last Edit: November 02, 2010, 07:58:20 AM by HakureiSM »
                                                                                   .

More progress, and I'll post it later. Also, maybe sticky this?

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
As cool as it is, it's a project like any other :/
                                                                                   .

Okay, this is long overdue, but...

I finished the shoulders, primed it, sanded it down, and now it's in storage waiting for a second coat of primer/base. Heard Duplicolor works well, I'll have to find me some

Here's a close-up. I got some styrene rods a week ago, so I made full use of them.

That's it for now, I'll have to wait for the kits to arrive before I can make any more progress, at which point, I'll start a new thread. Now, It's mostly Color Planning and preparations. I might make an onbashira, and then practice my painting on it. It's not a bad idea. Obviously, I can't make it out of styrene, but what If I used a rod and then put the strips around it?

I might need some math help too.

Dang, those shoulder pieces came out nice. Great work, can't wait to see more progress :)

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
The ammount of detail is just absurd :o
                                                                                   .

Drake

For the octagon to fit over the circle, it will have a minimal diameter equal to the circle. An octagon can be made by taking a square and getting rid of triangles in each of the corners with a hypotenuse the same length as the sides of the octagon. So, the square will also have a length/width of 1.3cm. Since the other two sides of the triangle have to be the same length too. Herpa derp math and those sides are x/√2 when the sides of the octagon are x. So, you can go 1.3 = x/√2 + x + x/√2 = x(1 + 2/√2) = x(1 + √2). So x = 1.3/(1 + √2) = About 0.5385cm.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

For the octagon to fit over the circle, it will have a minimal diameter equal to the circle. An octagon can be made by taking a square and getting rid of triangles in each of the corners with a hypotenuse the same length as the sides of the octagon. So, the square will also have a length/width of 1.3cm. Since the other two sides of the triangle have to be the same length too. Herpa derp math and those sides are x/√2 when the sides of the octagon are x. So, you can go 1.3 = x/√2 + x + x/√2 = x(1 + 2/√2) = x(1 + √2). So x = 1.3/(1 + √2) = About 0.5385cm.

Thank you. Unfourtunately, I have no materials 0.5385cm wide, so I just used my trusty 0.5 and made a nonagon.

Pics tomorrow.

this is quite late, but.....

ONBASHIRA!!!

My work on another project has delayed me, but here it is. I wasted so much time on this little thing...

It has nine sides, and is rounded at both ends. I built it by surrounding a pen with 0.5 mm styrene strips, then cementing it together around a Gundam Marker I emptied and surfaced. I've also made a handle for it (to use as a cannon) but forgot to upload that pic.

But then I had a vision. A vision of Kanako dual-wielding two of these fuckers, Rambo style. But the pen I used for the core was the only one I had of that diameter, so I'll have to order another one. Damn it, why can't they sell Gundam markers in hobby stores?!

A hint as to what I was working on. TBC.

Infy♫

• Demonic★Moe
Sin Lamp. the horror.

Sin Lamp. the horror.

Well, that was a failure. I'll be getting back on proper business. From now on, I'll update this thread weekly.

Also, seeing how this is AAA, I request that someone draw hairdos on either this

or this

It will help me immensely when I get to designing the scalp mechanism, so create as many different types as possible. Counting on you guys.

Scratch that. From now on, I'll update when I feel like it, or when I've made some huge progress.
Also, please help me with the hair. I need to get all the planning done before any real construction can begin. How the hair looks will impact how I design the chest and back.

Anyways...

Here's the majority of what I have done so far, except for the diorama (I've given up on the old one and begun a new water dio). I've also begun using card stock to model different sections of the waist and hip.

My most recent addition, inspired by hours of DWO. The photo is a bit blurry, but there's a great deal of detail in the handle. It started out as just two wide plates sandwiched together, which I slowly sanded to a rapier over the course of several hours. Then, using a needle and a file, I painstakingly carved those side thingys out of spare plastic. The guard looks simple, but is actually composed of multiple layers of sheet and rod plastic; the cross-section would resemble a game of tetris.

I've also improved the Halberd based on what I saw in DWO. Now, the original blade is sandwiched between two sheets of 0.1mm plastic, with a slightly different curvature to bring out the edge.

I've also detailed the guard a good deal, which you can't really see in this picture.

The shoulders are virtually complete. priming it shows that the two are near perfection. Haven't invented a mount for them yet.

And here's my design for the skirt armor. During a night of Persona 4, I noticed that Yoshitsune's skirts were aranged in a peculiar way that stuck out diagonally, yet still let him move. 10 minutes of experimentation, and I had a design. It might be hard to implement, though. I'd need a really awkward joint to hold it in place.

As the kit's haven't arrived yet, I've been spending most my time making parts that'll be useful later on: Joints, Handles, Strips, and Rivets.

To make rivets, I first chop off some pieces from an old runner.

Rods are held over a flame to melt their tips, and then pressed through an aluminum plate with holes in it to form rivets. I'm not too good with this, so only about 1/3 of my rivets are actually usable.