Author Topic: IP CONTEST: Design us a flag! *DONE AND JUDGED!*  (Read 26803 times)

Neonie

• EYE AM A TYE TILL
  • ⑨ Baka Nine
    • Gem Wings
Re: IP CONTEST
« Reply #120 on: August 13, 2010, 01:31:56 PM »
Don't spill any grape juice on it this time, alright?

I'll try  :ohdear:

Esifex

• Though the sun may set
  • It shall rise again
Re: IP CONTEST: Design us a flag! *DONE AND JUDGED!*
« Reply #121 on: August 13, 2010, 01:46:37 PM »
I tried sitting on the Nobunbag, but it bit me in the butt.

Iryan

• Ph?nglui mglw?nafh
  • Cat R?lyeh wgah?nagl fhtagn.
« Reply #122 on: August 13, 2010, 01:54:05 PM »
I tried sitting on the Nobunbag, but it bit me in the butt.
But bloody butt-biting bean bags? Bollocks!
Old Danmakufu stuff can be found here!

"As the size of an explosion increases, the numbers of social situations it is incapable of solving approaches zero."

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #123 on: August 13, 2010, 02:16:04 PM »
watch the snake
[16:25] <Kuruminut> Shut up MS Word, "fangirlism" is totally a word
<>
[07:59] <Sapz> ベーティさんは馬鹿っぽいだろう、この「っぽい」好き者

Nobu

• Serendipitous Youkai
  • i post while naked
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #124 on: August 13, 2010, 05:25:23 PM »
Just don't lob me into netted holes, and I don't mind if you use me as a beanbag. :<

Nacho cheese.
Tumblr (sometimes NSFW) | PM for Facebook

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #125 on: August 13, 2010, 05:38:41 PM »

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
Re: IP CONTEST: Design us a flag!
« Reply #126 on: August 15, 2010, 08:59:50 PM »

This one wins the Edible Award for Visual Attractiveness And Amusement.

Congrats, Lloyd.

Lloyd Dunamis

• aka Amanie
« Reply #127 on: August 16, 2010, 01:29:33 AM »
BTW, one of the over-designed sketches of the flag looked like something you could target practice o_o;; Sooo glad I recognized that form and changed design to this.

* Lloyd Dunamis is having second thoughts about joining Nobu comfy beanbag

This one wins the Edible Award for Visual Attractiveness And Amusement.

Congrats, Lloyd.
I-I just recovered from my hyperness I experienced on my last post (3 days ago), and here I am again! >////////////////<

I-It's an honor, Edible! Thank you! *bows*

Now don't do it like I did, sticking with that tag forever until the wipe D: that sucks
Challenge someone :3
But but? being IP is enough for me as it is overwhelming already, and I don't think I'm in position to---?
? On second thought, now that I do have IP, that sounds interesting to try and---?
err? On third thought? nevermind >.<
2010.1212 <Sakana> The only time wasted is the time in which you really do nothing at all, not even enjoying yourself
You may send me suspicious files that could be infected/a trojan, and I'll try analyzing it for you. :3 -Mo?ware, your personal Anti-Malware Engineer

Matsuri

« Reply #128 on: August 16, 2010, 01:31:20 AM »
If you have the title, you should participate in challenges! That's what it's for! It's not just some cute title to sit around with =O

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #129 on: August 16, 2010, 01:35:58 AM »
If you have the title, you should participate in challenges! That's what it's for! It's not just some cute title to sit around with =O

Let me translate this for you.

THOU AR THEE THOU ART MAKING CHALLENGES DO IT DO IT DO IT

ES-Anthy

• *Roll*
  • *fwump*
« Reply #130 on: August 16, 2010, 01:39:45 AM »

Pretty much just get out there and shoot for the top!

Let me translate this for you.

Spoiler:
Having purvis as a standsona would be pretty awesome.

Lloyd Dunamis

• aka Amanie
« Reply #131 on: August 16, 2010, 02:00:07 AM »
Pretty much just get out there and shoot for the top!

*phew* OK~!
These confidence stabilizers will keep me from being distracted by my paranoia and nerviousness. I'm pretty much ready to go!! >w< Thanks!
Whe--- That just sounded like some sort of a drug's effect? Confidence stabilizer o_o;;

* Lloyd Dunamis gives huggles to everyone~
2010.1212 <Sakana> The only time wasted is the time in which you really do nothing at all, not even enjoying yourself
You may send me suspicious files that could be infected/a trojan, and I'll try analyzing it for you. :3 -Mo?ware, your personal Anti-Malware Engineer

Neonie

• EYE AM A TYE TILL
  • ⑨ Baka Nine
    • Gem Wings
« Reply #132 on: August 16, 2010, 02:16:12 AM »
I admit I don't really understand the challenge system.

If I challenge a deity, the deity choses the challenge. But can it be anything? Are their certain games we use for challenges? If your challenged and it can be anything wouldn't you pick a game your particularly good at so you don't loose your position?  :3

Matsuri

« Reply #133 on: August 16, 2010, 02:52:45 AM »
Gah-- it just hit me: I have no idea. D:

We haven't had a challenge in so long, after all. If someone could refresh our memory on how all of this works, we could bring some action to the Idiot Hierarchy!

Lloyd Dunamis

• aka Amanie
« Reply #134 on: August 16, 2010, 03:03:41 AM »
I have TSO's old post about that? at home, so I have no access to it right now >.<

From what I remember?

Challenge produced by ID/Global Admin/Admin *new sticky thread*.
IP / IM challenges Idiot of higher tier *posts "I challenge <name>!"*.
Clhallenge commences *new dedicated thread, in CPMC or in a dedicated forum*.

Neonie

• EYE AM A TYE TILL
  • ⑨ Baka Nine
    • Gem Wings
« Reply #135 on: August 16, 2010, 03:06:24 AM »
I have TSO's old post about that? at home, so I have no access to it right now >.<

From what I remember?

Challenge produced by ID/Global Admin/Admin *new sticky thread*.
IP / IM challenges Idiot of higher tier *posts "I challenge <name>!"*.
Clhallenge commences *new dedicated thread, in CPMC or in a dedicated forum*.

Ya but that only explains the process of making one, it doesn't explain what the challenge is for  :o

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
  • I suddenly feel like I ate a crowbar.
« Reply #136 on: August 16, 2010, 03:25:52 AM »
From what I recall, it was as simple as "challenge someone one tier above you", and staff/deities would come up with a challenge they think would be fair to both contestants.
There's was also a limit of consecutive challenges, I think it was two.
Speaking of which, since I'm IP again now, is the Pantheon list up to date? :3
[20:45:19] Ciryano: come and behold why they call it the Panzerfaust
[20:45:39] Hakurei Reimu: ... because it shoots once and then you throw it out?
                                                                                   .

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #137 on: August 16, 2010, 03:47:39 AM »
If I challenge a deity, the deity choses the challenge. But can it be anything? Are their certain games we use for challenges? If your challenged and it can be anything wouldn't you pick a game your particularly good at so you don't loose your position?  :3
"Traditionally" speaking, if you're challenging an Idiot Deity, it's a Moderator (keep in mind that this covers a lot of people; including Acolytes to Admins) that chooses the challenge for the sake of "fairness". For Idiot Princess vs. Idiot Maiden contest, an Idiot Deity can also fill that position. For example, if anybody were to challenge me at this point for <status> and I had free choice of what the challenge would be, I could essentially turn the tables in any direction that I wished. This obviously gets us nowhere.

Games chosen... are really just up to the imagination creativity of the "host". For instance, it could be anything from Order the Moderators with regard to their latitude in order going from the North Pole to the South Pole to Playing EoSD with your face
Spoiler:
4Q     
Spoiler:
Kidding
to Guess the lyrics and tune of this audio file and so on. The only actual limitation is equipment, since most people don't have cameras or microphones for instance.

Speaking of which, since I'm IP again now, is the Pantheon list up to date? :3
If the list were to be updated every time an Idiot Princess got inducted, then I'm pretty sure there would be edit storms. Check the thread yourself; you'll see that the "list" of Idiot Princesses has been replaced with a link to the group itself. Why this hasn't been done for Idiot Maidens and Deities as well is beyond me; perhaps a certain individual likes editing things?  :3c

And, when a board wipe occurs, it normally falls to the hands of a(n) <Moderator status> to induct newer Idiots through challenges or other means available.

That said, I should really get around to making a sign-up thread; it'd be nice if I could start on-time.

@Ruro et al.: I know you can see this. Any upper limit as to how many Idiot Maidens I can induct in one single challenge? Or can I just go for the direct 3 remaining?
[16:25] <Kuruminut> Shut up MS Word, "fangirlism" is totally a word
<>
[07:59] <Sapz> ベーティさんは馬鹿っぽいだろう、この「っぽい」好き者

Alfred F. Jones

• Estamos orgullosos del Batall?n Lincoln
  • y de la lucha que hizo por Madrid
« Reply #138 on: August 16, 2010, 03:50:51 AM »
@Ruro et al.: I know you can see this. Any upper limit as to how many Idiot Maidens I can induct in one single challenge? Or can I just go for the direct 3 remaining?
Personally, I'd prefer one at a time, just to drag out the tension longer-- but if you can come up with a reasonable challenge where you can name two or even three IMs in a legit, awesome game, I say go for it.

Heeeeeeeey Mats what do you think o/'

[matsuri]oh ha ha so can I :3[/matsuri]

Matsuri

« Reply #139 on: August 16, 2010, 03:54:50 AM »
I think two maximum would be okay, but the whole tension idea is fun as well, filling each slot one at a time. As long as the activities keep going at a steady pace, anything is okay, really. What we really need to avoid is stagnation once all the slots are filled though-- because let's face it, it's no fun when people stay as IM/ID and no one challenges them. It's kind of boring, actually-- since a large part of the fun of the Idiot Hierarchy is supposed to come from the challenges and activities and fun stuff, not just the whole 'oh ha ha I can edit silly comments into your post' and so on. :P

[ruro]oh ha ha I can edit silly comments into your post[/ruro]
« Last Edit: August 16, 2010, 03:57:38 AM by Ruroto Sakura »

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
« Reply #140 on: August 16, 2010, 03:57:02 AM »
Check the thread yourself; you'll see that the "list" of Idiot Princesses has been replaced with a link to the group itself. Why this hasn't been done for Idiot Maidens and Deities as well is beyond me; perhaps a certain individual likes editing things?  :3c
I did check it, that's why I asked duh :<
Also I obviously intended to see the IM list, challenging an IP gets no one nowhere, and by the traditional rules I can't challenge an ID.
                                                                                   .

Nobu

• Serendipitous Youkai
  • i post while naked
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #141 on: August 16, 2010, 04:18:50 AM »
@HSM: You can check the current list of IMs on the main page to see a list in the same fashion as IPs.

Phone posting so it's hard to keep track of what's already been said. Challenges to an IM are designed by the IDs, while challenges to an ID are made up by staffu. There's no challenge topic at the moment, so just make a new one issuing your challenge!

Remember, this is both incredibly serious and not serious at all. Entertainment is the name of the game, regardless of who wins what.

Hi Baitums :3 I see you there referring to me and all. Silly goose.

[matsuri]oh ha ha I can edit silly comments into your posts too :3[/matsuri]
<Baity> crap he's onto me um er....
* Baity sweep sweep

[purvis]ALL YO YENS YIP YIP YAP!
« Last Edit: August 16, 2010, 06:32:52 AM by Zombie Purvis »

Neonie

• EYE AM A TYE TILL
  • ⑨ Baka Nine
    • Gem Wings
« Reply #142 on: August 16, 2010, 12:50:51 PM »
Hi Baitums :3 I see you there referring to me and all. Silly goose.

[matsuri]oh ha ha I can edit silly comments into your posts too :3[/matsuri]
<Baity> crap he's onto me um er....
* Baity sweep sweep

[purvis]ALL YO YENS YIP YIP YAP!
I think I love this forum bored. Also heeeeey someone fixed my signature to the way I wanted it in the first place. AWESOME!

Lloyd Dunamis

• aka Amanie
« Reply #143 on: August 18, 2010, 05:26:04 AM »
Would that mean we have to be online as frequently as possible? *remembers Dating Challenge, since it was the most memorable for me* :ohdear:

So I've just read entries in the Fairy War history written so far.

Oh, cool.

So, where are we flying that flag?
? Uhh,
Nobu, did you prepare this flag contest for this very Fairy War? I mean, we're on a war. We need a flag! xD

This isn't just a coincidence? is it?

Nobu

• Serendipitous Youkai
  • i post while naked
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #144 on: August 25, 2010, 02:14:12 AM »
Per Lloyd's request, and because I *did* offer not-Mona-Lisa-like drawings as a potential prize, here ya go! (Clicky for bigger)

[attach=1]

Not taking away IP from you in exchange, because I liked your entry that much. :toot: Let this be an example of the wonderously bad sketches you could win from me future contests! Look forward to it!

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
« Reply #145 on: August 25, 2010, 04:07:13 AM »
Nobuuuu~
                                                                                   .

Nobu

• Serendipitous Youkai
  • i post while naked
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #146 on: August 25, 2010, 05:25:51 AM »
Nobuuuu~

I used to be on colorguard so it works. :v Feel kinda vain drawing myself though. Can you tell I added in the snake last?

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
« Reply #147 on: August 25, 2010, 04:51:11 PM »
Yeah, sorta
                                                                                   .

Lloyd Dunamis

• aka Amanie
« Reply #148 on: August 26, 2010, 06:31:39 AM »
Per Lloyd's request, and because I *did* offer not-Mona-Lisa-like drawings as a potential prize, here ya go! (Clicky for bigger)

[attach=1]

Not taking away IP from you in exchange, because I liked your entry that much. :toot: Let this be an example of the wonderously bad sketches you could win from me future contests! Look forward to it!
's the kind of "cuuuute~<3" art I'm looking for! >w<
? Cute Nobu~~~ >/////////////////< [attachmini=1]

Unstable Version

« Reply #149 on: August 26, 2010, 06:38:33 AM »
Some kind of Idiot Bird Call.