Author Topic: Have a suggestion for a new feature?  (Read 200781 times)

Gramity

Re: Have a suggestion for a new feature?
« Reply #120 on: March 30, 2011, 04:26:46 PM »
if upgrading seems the only solution then maybe you should

E-Nazrin

• .... what're you looking at?
  • fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #121 on: March 30, 2011, 05:07:00 PM »
You feel like funding it, then?
There was something here once. Wonder what...

Gramity

« Reply #122 on: March 30, 2011, 05:10:38 PM »
If I could get a job someday maybe I could ?>.< but right now I don't have any

CirnoFan

• I never thought I'd get this chance :O!
« Reply #123 on: April 02, 2011, 04:08:02 AM »
April fools is over. I got a suggestion for next year's suggestion. How about everyone gets banned on April Fools day claiming that they got banned forever, then they recover from their ban 1 day after that. Just make sure to keep the perma-banned perma-banned, and the probated probated until the date.
Previous Usernames: CirnoFan754, CirnoFan, The Scale of Rivalry, The Square of Rivalries, Wikipe-Tan, Car Inferno
Posts: 83/150 What will happen is my YouTube and deviantART account will appear when the # of posts reaches 150.

No, I didn't make it.

« Reply #124 on: April 02, 2011, 04:11:27 AM »
April fools is over. I got a suggestion for next year's suggestion. How about everyone gets banned on April Fools day claiming that they got banned forever, then they recover from their ban 1 day after that. Just make sure to keep the perma-banned perma-banned, and the probated probated until the date.
Uh yeah something similar was done last year and that did not go well at all, to say the least

Gramity

« Reply #125 on: April 02, 2011, 01:51:27 PM »
I wasn't saying that as an arpil fools >.< I truly hate that day

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #126 on: April 02, 2011, 02:22:30 PM »
No.  I'm not doing April Fools ever again.  This place has a propensity of overreacting very poorly to any sort of joke, AFDay or not, and I am not going to waste time and effort to get bitched at.

Twitter: @hipsterfont | Discord: helvetica#0573 | LINE: hipsterfont

He thought that on that same day he was to take the city of Priam, but he little knew what was in the mind of Jove, who had many another hard-fought fight in store alike for Danaans and Trojans."

J.O.B

• YOU CAN'T MAKE ME CHANGE
« Reply #127 on: April 20, 2011, 03:47:12 AM »
Can we have a ranking system or something?
Each player has the highest difficulty they 1cc'd a game on and each time they 1cc a game, they get a point.
Once a player 1cc's a game on a higher difficulty, they move up to that difficulty and their points reset.
Extra mode can be a seperate one in which each extra you have beaten equals one point and then you add that onto your score.
If possible we can also have a chart or something which is updated and ordered by points and difficulty.
And for the early windows games there are half points if 1cc'd without the default lives.
Sorry if it's too confusing.

« Reply #128 on: April 20, 2011, 03:58:05 AM »
I'm not staff, but I don't approve of that idea. There are plenty of people in the community here who don't play the games or don't play them on high difficulties, we don't need to create an unnecessary divide between the various factions here.

J.O.B

« Reply #129 on: April 20, 2011, 04:15:16 AM »
But not everybody has to participate if they don't want to.
EDIT: We could also have a reccomended "what to do next" when you reach certain point totals and dificulties.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2011, 04:20:24 AM by J.O.B »

E-Nazrin

• .... what're you looking at?
  • fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #130 on: April 20, 2011, 05:05:54 AM »
I don't think that's a good idea for titles. It'd bleed into many other aspects of the forum and invite e-penis competition drama, which we're disabling even obvious postcount visibility for.

On the other hand, that "what to do next" idea does sound like a decent idea for a thread in Eirin's, if there isn't one of the sort already...
There was something here once. Wonder what...

J.O.B

« Reply #131 on: April 20, 2011, 05:28:28 AM »
If we're going to do a what to do next then can we have a poll or something?

AlchemyFan101

• Local Idiot :V
  • I dont really belong here, right?
« Reply #132 on: April 20, 2011, 06:20:57 AM »
this is probebly gonna get turned down :V but what about an introduction page, forum, thing?
you know, where the n00bs (like me) run in and say crap like "derp, I R new to teh forumz" and members can go "GTFO" "eeer, welcome"

yeah, I seen in on alot of forums and it could also be usefull to help new people learn about the community here.

I cant come up with anything else to annoy the mods with help with *innocent face*

Conqueror

• Here I am, dirty and faceless
  • waiting to heed your instruction
« Reply #133 on: April 20, 2011, 06:25:28 AM »

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.
Every saint has a past and every sinner a future.

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #134 on: April 20, 2011, 01:07:09 PM »
You may want to acquaint yourself with the site rules, specifically the one on sig images.  Yours are WAYYYYY too big, nor can you have 2 of them to get around the size limit.  http://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php/topic,17.0.html

And no to the ranking system.  We are not doing e-penis rankings of any sort.  TAC was right, we even disable post count for a reason.  The only reason it exists is there's some powers we restrict to people with more post count due to security/spam issues.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2011, 01:08:40 PM by ♪ TheStupidOne ♫ »

He thought that on that same day he was to take the city of Priam, but he little knew what was in the mind of Jove, who had many another hard-fought fight in store alike for Danaans and Trojans."

J.O.B

« Reply #135 on: April 20, 2011, 01:11:42 PM »
Then what do you think about the "What to do next?" idea?

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #136 on: April 20, 2011, 01:23:15 PM »
I think it's a fantastic idea myself, but I don't see any reason why it has to be the staff to make it.  You're more than capable of doing so and frankly, it'd be better if you guys did.  Why can't you do it?  You're free to make a thread going "ok I passed this plateau what should I go for next?" and list each significant stage as well as the next step in your opinion.  If it's good enough we may sticky it.

This is a thread for suggesting features to the forum and stuff that you the users can't implement yourself.  That's more of a thread topic and there's no reason we have to make it, neither is anything stopping you from doing it.   

J.O.B

« Reply #137 on: April 20, 2011, 01:33:55 PM »
I wasn't asking you to make it, just to arrange a way to find what we all agree on what to do next.

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #138 on: April 20, 2011, 01:35:42 PM »
Make the thread and work it out amongst yourselves?  There's no reason we as a staff have to do any of this.

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #139 on: April 20, 2011, 01:38:59 PM »
To clarify, there's no special qualification being a staffer gives us to have better opinions on such a thread.  Some of the best players in the community are NOT staffers.  Really the only people on staff who are extensive STB players are Sapz and Matsuri. 

For something like this it'd be far better for you guys to work it out amongst yourselves.

MatsuriSakuragi

« Reply #140 on: April 20, 2011, 07:49:02 PM »
Really the only people on staff who are extensive STB players are Sapz and Matsuri. 

And I barely play anything at all these days ^^;

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #141 on: May 02, 2011, 09:42:00 PM »
I'm sure this is a no since it existed before and was taken away. But I'm really missing the delete post feature. I would say that you got rid of it so people saying something against the rules can't delete their post to cover it up, but I rekon that mods can see it easily enough anyway (and if anything would only make finding them easier since they 'll stand out in that way?). But yeah, maybe there are other good reasons.

But is it possible that people can delete posts SOMEHOW? Maybe if they haven't been probated/banned/whatever for over a year straight, or have otherwise proven their non-shadiness? I mean I try to be careful about what I post so I never have to delete it, but mistakes happen and it's just nice being able to clean it up yourself you know?

Anyway, as I said I'm sure it's a no but I figured I might as well try. Also sorry if it was asked countless times already, forum search says I'm not allowed to search.

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #142 on: May 02, 2011, 09:44:43 PM »
We'll have an earnest discussion on post deletion.  We did in fact have a very good reason for removing it in the first place, though.

You can't search because it's disabled indefinitely.  Sorry 'bout that!  Try using google, it should pick up things on all but a couple boards.

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #143 on: May 03, 2011, 03:53:25 AM »
Just report it if you need to delete it.  Delete post is limited to staff only for the reasons you stated, so we don't have shadiness and people deleting posts years later and stuff like that.

Momiji

• Cya
« Reply #144 on: May 03, 2011, 07:23:40 AM »
I have a suggestion for Tech Support.  Is there something you can add that'll give some sort've status to TS threads, so if someone's issue is resolved they can mark it as such and it'll show up as solved?  Either that or the original posters or myself can edit the titles with [SOLVED], but I figured there might be something a little more elegant that could be used.

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #145 on: May 03, 2011, 01:28:34 PM »
Most forums do it with either a threadlock or updating the thread title with SOLVED, yeah.  I'd say either (or both) is fine.

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #146 on: May 03, 2011, 01:32:50 PM »
SMF doesn't have anything builtin (although their community board has a special checkbox symbol for solved).  I'd say just lock/thread title would be fine.

Momiji

• Cya
« Reply #147 on: May 04, 2011, 04:22:10 AM »
I don't necessarily want to lock the threads, but the title thing will work.  Thanks.

Kips McKipzerson

• I never did learn
« Reply #148 on: May 30, 2011, 09:23:08 PM »
I dont know if this is a "feature", But could there be a stickied topic in Renkos and Moronic to explain what they both are exactly? Most people know already, but for the people who dont it'd be helpful.

Silent Harmony

• Everybody needs the Pharmarcy
  • Justice never dies!
« Reply #149 on: May 30, 2011, 10:04:16 PM »
There already are!

1CC List (all shmups)
League of Legends / Battle.net: Harmony11(#1694)