Author Topic: "Games you're playing right now" Thread or something  (Read 142503 times)

Sriggle

• Drop the pills!
Re: "Games you're playing right now" Thread or something
« Reply #960 on: July 02, 2010, 02:18:38 PM »
Playing P3 right now, for the same reasons as stated above: I have P4. But I want to play P3 first.

Ugh. Stuck on a boss level floor. @.@

Though at this moment, I'm playing SoulSilver. And I'm currently very annoyed at a certain gameplay aspect..

WHERE THE F IS MY EXTREMESPEED DRATINI!?!?  ???
Japanese progress: To the point where I can read a manga with the help of an electronic dictionary.

Bananamatic

« Reply #961 on: July 02, 2010, 02:27:50 PM »
P3 is usually be luckier or grind more. Nothing else to it :V

DDS2 is pretty fun so far.

Fruggles

• Not a Forum Lurker
« Reply #962 on: July 02, 2010, 07:49:28 PM »
My Disgaea DS just came in the mail today. So far I like how you can name the characters that you make, instead of them being premade silly names. Time to get back to it :3

« Reply #963 on: July 03, 2010, 09:18:34 AM »
also for P4, there aren't many cheap deaths - if you are about to get killed by a single target attack, your party members block the attack for you(and they always survive it)

there is no "required" persona
it's just way too easy to reach the bosses at a much lower level, so just train and freely fuse stuff. it's not rocket science, just use common sense(when you have stuff like Wind Boost and Resist Elec, obviously try to pass them onto a wind elemental persona)

So... what is that "pass onto" thingy? I have tried experimenting a little with Persona fusion and its usually combine Persona A and B and end up with something completely unrelated.

The ⑨th Zentillion

• The impeaches were delicious...
  • Now hungry for conviction!
    • Zentillion's Tumblr
« Reply #964 on: July 03, 2010, 10:13:03 AM »
The original DonPachi.

...Need to program the bomb button in MAME next time.

C'est terrible! ...Or at least my current skills are with it. I've only played, what, thrice?
« Last Edit: July 03, 2010, 10:36:08 AM by Hella Zent »
Did you bring a light?
...No...

Smash the Fash; The far right belongs in the TRASH.

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #965 on: July 03, 2010, 10:30:17 AM »
So... what is that "pass onto" thingy? I have tried experimenting a little with Persona fusion and its usually combine Persona A and B and end up with something completely unrelated.
It's not -completely- unrelated or random.  It has to do with the result of the arcana combination and the levels of the personas used... but for all intents and purposes, yeah, it still feels random.  The exception is, of course, to fuse together persona of the same arcana (Two will result in a lower-grade persona, but if you fuse three, you should get the next one in line), and persona of the same arcana tend to have similar traits (Almost all Magician arcana personas favour fire, for instance)

Ultimately, just try out different combinations of stuff.  Remember that persona can pass on skills to the things they're used to create - and if you don't get what you want, back up and reselect it and it'll change the results (It's random, although it favours certain skills for certain persona - like, wind-based skills are more likely to be passed on to wind persona.  If something -doesn't- seem to be showing up don't freak out - Jack Frost is almost never going to get a fire-type skill passed onto it no matter how many times you shuffle).

Bananamatic

« Reply #966 on: July 03, 2010, 11:02:30 AM »
Plan ahead. You don't need much more stuff than the appropriate element boost/amp and atleast one skill which covers your weakness.

Also, reduce noise on the stuff you are going to fuse. If you are fusing 3 skills on an ice persona, avoid ice skills on the ingredients like plague - they are going to constantly pop up and reduce the chances of all 3 wanted skill going to be passed on by a lot.

Or add junk - if you are fusing an ice persona, add some fire spells on the ingredients. They'll never pass on and your chances of getting the skills increase.

You can beat the game quite easily without advanced fusing, but try to atleast aim for the boosts/amps/resists.

KomeijiKoishi

« Reply #967 on: July 03, 2010, 01:25:52 PM »
Shadow Hearts: Covenant.

Joachim is just CRAZY AWESOME.

Imagine Papillon from Buso Renkin fused together with Hulk Hogan.

« Reply #968 on: July 03, 2010, 03:48:01 PM »
Banana tips

Yeah, okay. I think i understand how that works. But i certainly think the game did a very poor job at explaining how to use the Persona fuse system. I actually kind of look forward to get to the game. I'm still hindered right now though as i need my brother to go on vacation so i can loot his PS3. (My PS2 is broken...)

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #969 on: July 04, 2010, 01:12:26 AM »
My friend got me to start playing DFO (Dungeon Fighter Online), basically a Beat-Em-Up MMO. Man, I haven't played any MMOs in awhile, mostly because I don't want to play any lolgrind mmo, which is practically all of them.

Its kinda like a 2d, dumbed down version of Lunia, with practically no healing; there's a much bigger emphasis on learning how to fight the stage's enemies/bosses without getting hurt much. That's a good thing, mind you, although sometimes frustrating because you don't want to use those uncommon HP potions but oh god you need it and kaldsh;fa;lskdfjads;.

I liked Lunia better, but Lunia isn't anywhere as good as it used to be, so oh well. Stupid Myth stages ruining the fun ): Well, as far as MMOs go, DFO isn't bad. And I get to be a witch and smack things with my broom so whee x3
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
  • you'll thank me for the cropping later
« Reply #970 on: July 04, 2010, 05:02:23 AM »
Bit.Trip Runner and Cave Story Wii.
I am pleasantly surprised by the quality of the former.
As for CS, I'm naturally going about the good ending.
Then I'll boot up some spare savefiles to experiment.
Boss Rush utterly pissed me off.
I died to a Rollo in the Heavy Press battle 23 minutes into the mode. >:(
Curly Story is... unimpressive to say the least.

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #971 on: July 04, 2010, 08:06:47 AM »
Just beat Serious Sam HD: First Encounter.

Ugh Zan III? More like... Ugh ugh ugh. I hate it when walkthroughs lie about how to do things. It told me that his health would be an indication of when I would be able to run away, but reading up on a speedrun tells me it's a countdown based on when you reach the foot of the pyramid. Oh well, that was still quite a worthy end to the game.

On to Second Encounter.  :colonveeplusalpha:
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

« Reply #972 on: July 06, 2010, 01:09:53 AM »
Super Mario Bros 3, trying to clear every world with the Frog Suit. At least those where it's possible. I hate those damn Lakitus.
"My friends are coming for Poker tonight. We will require Koolaid."

Michael Azrael

« Reply #973 on: July 06, 2010, 01:21:33 AM »
Currant Playthroughs
GBA: Mario Tennis Advance: Power Tour
Golden Sun (1+2, finished 1, pretty much done with the 2nd one.)

Console: None ATM

Computer: Grand Chase

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #974 on: July 06, 2010, 03:01:43 AM »
Started Hexyz Force on my shiny shiny PSP.

It's absolutely an Atlus-Sting game.  Bizarre inventory system, great art style, Shigeki Hayashi music.  Loving it.

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

ebarrett

« Reply #975 on: July 09, 2010, 09:58:57 PM »
Just finished Serious Sam: The Second Encounter. That was rather short, now I must find another timewaster so I can keep postponing important stuff.  :V

dustyjo

« Reply #976 on: July 11, 2010, 02:05:50 AM »
RE5 RIPS OFF TOUHOU

Formless God

« Reply #977 on: July 11, 2010, 07:05:29 AM »

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #979 on: July 11, 2010, 03:35:38 PM »
spoiler:

http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/mm214/ymamoore/re5jill.jpg

Spoiler:
Jill is Utsuho. And Samus. And Nina Williams.

I fixed that for you good sir

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

Phlegeth

• DPS LFG
  • Time expired: 121:45
« Reply #980 on: July 11, 2010, 04:05:28 PM »
Spoiler:
Wow, I didn't notice her chest eye until after I read the spoiler xD

Started playing Strange Journey again.  Remembered why I quit, Erindanus is quite possibly the most annoying dungeon ever.

dustyjo

« Reply #981 on: July 11, 2010, 09:11:56 PM »
I fixed that for you good sir

donno who that is sir

« Reply #982 on: July 11, 2010, 09:14:58 PM »
http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/mm214/ymamoore/re5jill.jpg

Haha, didn't even notice that.  :) I wonder if that chest-piece thing have the same effect on Okuu...

nintendonut888

« Reply #983 on: July 16, 2010, 07:32:50 AM »
Playing Sakura Wars V for the second time, this time going after Rosita. To my surprise, the character whose ending is hardest to unlock,
Spoiler:
Ratchet
, is currently at the top of my list. If that keeps up, I might be willing to backtrack and go through the last two chapters twice in order to nab her ending too.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

« Reply #984 on: July 16, 2010, 10:35:32 AM »
donno who that is sir

Nina Williams : A somewhat high tier fighter of the Tekken fighter series. Had a spin off series nobody can remember. Wears purple.
Has blond hair. Walking boobs. I could think of so many other tekken characters that were more deserving of a spin off.

Shame Jill became an American Stereotype.
Oh well still got Rebecca Chambers
« Last Edit: July 16, 2010, 10:38:57 AM by Cadmas »

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
  • If you're alive, you can always keep moving.
« Reply #985 on: July 17, 2010, 01:09:25 AM »
Replaying Super Mario Galaxy 1, just finished Mario's half. My batteries had been dying for the past 40+ stars, but they lasted.

This game is still better than its sequel.
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #986 on: July 18, 2010, 11:12:55 PM »
Disgaea 2: Dark Hero Days.

Tower Attack is my friend.

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

stands2reason

• I'm a perfectly normal shrine maiden.
« Reply #987 on: July 20, 2010, 01:18:04 AM »
With work, school, and misc stuff, I don't have tons of free time for games.

Other than Touhou, I'm only really playing Ratchet and Clank 2 ATM.

Hypesicle

« Reply #988 on: July 20, 2010, 04:58:53 PM »
inFAMOUS.

Got a few more trophies to get. :<
« Last Edit: July 20, 2010, 06:26:43 PM by Hypesicle »

nintendonut888

« Reply #989 on: July 22, 2010, 01:20:06 AM »
Up to chapter 5 in Sakura Wars. Working to get Ratchet's ending is so nervewracking. Even getting all her right answers (though I messed up a few points early on in the game), she's the only character with no character-specific chapter, so if I'm too nice to everyone, she may be overtaken. She needs to be at least third place in trust... That's the worst thing too; unlike all the other girls, Ratchet's ranking doesn't show up at intermissions, so it's impossible to know how much she likes you until it's time to choose...
« Last Edit: July 22, 2010, 01:25:37 AM by nintendonut888 »