Author Topic: "Games you're playing right now" Thread or something  (Read 142501 times)

Ionasal kkll Solciel

• Girl from beyond the 7th Dimension
Re: "Games you're playing right now" Thread or something
« Reply #780 on: May 01, 2010, 08:51:54 AM »
Rhythm Heaven (DS).  Oh god, I missed this.  Finally finished medaling every song (fucking Moai-Doo-Wop, Shoot-Em-Up, and Remix 6).  If you don't know why I'm cursing them out, you haven't played the game.  Now working on Perfects.
Let's Play: BIT.TRIP FLUX | Let's Play: Malicious | Skyward Sword: Shieldless Final Boss | Skyward Sword: Boss Rush! | Ace Combat Infinity: Campaign in the X-02 Wyvern

Move eternally forward,
So that we may always be at your side.

lumber_of_the_beast

« Reply #781 on: May 01, 2010, 06:56:29 PM »
Finally got around to beating Okami. Goddamned camera.

Am now trying Persona 4, Expert, with AI companions set to act freely. This is easier than when I had manual control :V

Widermelonz

• Delicious
  • Yum
« Reply #782 on: May 02, 2010, 03:51:52 AM »
I've just completed everything on Armored Core 4.

I'll be moving on the Armored Core: for Answer now.

lumber_of_the_beast

« Reply #783 on: May 03, 2010, 01:24:35 AM »
Have decided to remove that "act freely" thing for boss battles. Maybe I'll try a full "act freely" run after I actually manage to beat the game at least once.

Spoiler:
Also, beat Shadow Yukiko yay ^_^

[K]KoaMeow

• Pudding!
  • kyaaaaaaaaa~
    • M3 BM Fan Translation
« Reply #784 on: May 07, 2010, 02:03:20 AM »
Was up playing Duke Nukem 3D with my new SideWinder X5.

Cannot wait for MW2 to finish whatever update Steam's doing now.

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #785 on: May 08, 2010, 04:20:33 AM »
I just beat TNT Evilution (part of Final Doom) on ultra violence! That can only mean one thing!

Time to start The Plutonia Experiment!

:colonveeplusalpha:
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

[K]KoaMeow

• Pudding!
  • kyaaaaaaaaa~
    • M3 BM Fan Translation
« Reply #786 on: May 08, 2010, 07:10:39 AM »
Duke Nukem 3D.

I just beat TNT Evilution (part of Final Doom) on ultra violence! That can only mean one thing!

Time to start The Plutonia Experiment!

:colonveeplusalpha:
Good luck with that, mate.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2010, 07:13:20 AM by [K] Merlin Prismriver »

The ⑨th Zentillion

• The impeaches were delicious...
  • Now hungry for conviction!
    • Zentillion's Tumblr
« Reply #787 on: May 08, 2010, 08:44:04 AM »
Third playthrough of Tales of Symphonia. Yeeeeup. Mainly to complete the monster list and fight some things I didn't the first two times. First playthrough, I didn't fight Abyssion or the last two Sword Dancers or the Arena exhibition match, picked Zelos. Second one, i kicked Abyssion's ass but lost forever'd all of the Sword Dancer fights, beat the exhibition match, picked Kratos. This time, I'm going to kill all of the optional bosses and pick Zelos again. First two Sword Dancers taken care of.

...maybe on my fourth playthrough i'll actually try playing on Hard... @_@ Mania, forget that for a while, man.
Did you bring a light?
...No...

Smash the Fash; The far right belongs in the TRASH.

Bananamatic

« Reply #788 on: May 08, 2010, 11:20:47 AM »
Third playthrough of Tales of Symphonia. Yeeeeup. Mainly to complete the monster list and fight some things I didn't the first two times. First playthrough, I didn't fight Abyssion or the last two Sword Dancers or the Arena exhibition match, picked Zelos. Second one, i kicked Abyssion's ass but lost forever'd all of the Sword Dancer fights, beat the exhibition match, picked Kratos. This time, I'm going to kill all of the optional bosses and pick Zelos again. First two Sword Dancers taken care of.

...maybe on my fourth playthrough i'll actually try playing on Hard... @_@ Mania, forget that for a while, man.
Fresh Mania isn't that bad...compared to half exp and minimal HP

[K]KoaMeow

• Pudding!
  • kyaaaaaaaaa~
    • M3 BM Fan Translation
« Reply #789 on: May 08, 2010, 03:34:35 PM »

Finished up Wolfenstein 3D for the 3DO.

Man that was a bitch.

Dead Princess Sakana

• E is for Elodie, who swims with the fishes.
« Reply #790 on: May 09, 2010, 11:45:59 AM »
Finishing up BalzBlue Arcade Mode.
Also got Burnout Paradise. Road Rage is made doubly awesome by classic music  :V

Also continuing on FF13. Currently at the final boss of chapter 11.... :colonveeplusalpha:

Wth, Square Enix! If my party can dispose of every normal enemy in the chapter without major trouble, then a boss fight should be challenging, but not goddamn impossible.

Spoiler:
And stop using Exaniga, damnit. I hate spending a minute of time staring at my party and waiting for them to be able to act again.
And I won't even talk about the death sentence at the end. That's like shooting someone who's falling from a building in the head just before he hits the ground, goddamnit >_>

Also, the official guidebook states the conditions for the activation of the death sentence blatanly wrong and gives a strategy for the boss that only works if it, you know, wouldn't attack! Good thing it was my uncle, not me who bought it...
[/sub][/sub][/sub]

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #791 on: May 12, 2010, 05:06:32 PM »
A Rakshasa with Agenyastra does fun things to Shadow Kanji.

Just saying.

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

Jaimers

• You just did it because you're older than me.
« Reply #792 on: May 12, 2010, 10:31:51 PM »
the white chamber.
Holy fuck this game is awesome!  :*

Am also playing through the schmups from x.x.
And Portal becoming free kinda reminded  me that I should play that game someday. It has been gathering dust there for like 6 months now.  :ohdear:

Ionasal kkll Solciel

• Girl from beyond the 7th Dimension
« Reply #793 on: May 13, 2010, 03:46:30 AM »
A few different games this time around: Within a Deep Forest, the first Ar tonelico (I would have done a Let's Play, but PS2 emulators are too much for my system), and I just hit the Hard puzzles in Picross 3D.

Also, this.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2010, 03:51:13 AM by Sol »
Let's Play: BIT.TRIP FLUX | Let's Play: Malicious | Skyward Sword: Shieldless Final Boss | Skyward Sword: Boss Rush! | Ace Combat Infinity: Campaign in the X-02 Wyvern

Move eternally forward,
So that we may always be at your side.

« Reply #794 on: May 13, 2010, 03:50:35 AM »
I've gotten back to Infinite Undiscovery after not playing it for way too long. Got up to disc 2 a few days ago, but haven't continued yet cause I'm playing various shmups.

I originally had stopped playing it due to SO4 and SO4 sucks so much compared to this although still an okay game. Still need to finish Chaos mode on that. I'm on my first playthrough of IU, so it's on Normal.

Rico and Rucha are terrible though.

nintendonut888

« Reply #795 on: May 13, 2010, 05:31:50 AM »
I just got am playing beat Portal. :V
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Dead Princess Sakana

• E is for Elodie, who swims with the fishes.
« Reply #796 on: May 13, 2010, 05:59:46 AM »
Started Sakura Wars. Lack of Japanese voices made me cringe at first, but it's tolerable.

Would anyone still believe me if I said I'm completely uninfluenced by Ruro? >_>

Iryan

• Ph?nglui mglw?nafh
  • Cat R?lyeh wgah?nagl fhtagn.
« Reply #797 on: May 13, 2010, 04:08:48 PM »
I just got am playing beat Portal. :V
Excellent!

Now go on to the advanced chambers!  BV
Old Danmakufu stuff can be found here!

"As the size of an explosion increases, the numbers of social situations it is incapable of solving approaches zero."

nintendonut888

« Reply #798 on: May 14, 2010, 01:27:49 AM »
Excellent!

Now go on to the advanced chambers!  BV

Ha ha old chap! I'd rather continue playing The Plutonia Experiment. I'm on level 15 in that, just about to go down the path of self-loathing by forcing the secret exit on myself.

Spoiler:
Also, I'm pretty sure I'm the only person who purposefully writes out "Ha ha old chap." :3

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
  • you'll thank me for the cropping later
« Reply #799 on: May 14, 2010, 03:25:43 AM »
Finaru Fantaji Eye Vee Dee Ess

Zeromus you CONTEMPTIBLE FUHK

Does anybody have ANY. ADVICE. AT. ALL?
Big Bang is Minus Four Thousand on everybody when they only have Three Thousand h-pees.
'Cept for Cecil. He has seven and a half thousand of those.

Anyway>
Does anyone know how not to get killed by this attack, save for grinding to 99?
I have the Ragnarok, Holy Lance, Stardust Rod, and a Masamune. A Kiku-Ichimonji to keep Edge's left hand busy as well.
Rosa has the slightly unspecial Yoichi Bow + Artemis Arrow setup.
Two Protect Rings, three Ribbons, various wears made of Crystal, and Genji gear assorted among some three people.
Augments aligned for each character's type.
Edge's Speed will max out. Rydia's INT will max, Cecil's STR, Rosa's STR + SPR, and Kain's STR will max.
Almost every summon (missing Mindflayer, cockatrice, etc)
Defeated Bahamut in eight turns (His counter reached 2.)
Defeated Dark Bahamut in ten. Defeated the White Dragon in fifteen.

I'm levels 77C 76Ry 74K 76Ro 74E.

So tell me why this cheapass Thundaja can total party kill every three turns.

lmagus

• I HATE VoWG
    • My Youtube
« Reply #800 on: May 14, 2010, 03:30:51 AM »
FInal Fantasy XIII

finally giving it a go
Current Goal: PCB Lunatic 1cc
Watch me on Youtube

« Reply #801 on: May 14, 2010, 05:15:23 AM »
Lyle in Cube Sector.

I beat it only to find out that I was missing a HP Orb but didn't realize it because I had been everywhere and I assumed the last space on the HUD was so it wouldn't look cluttered. I am disappointed in myself. ;_;

« Reply #802 on: May 16, 2010, 05:09:12 PM »
Defeated the final boss in Infinite Undiscovery. Levels of my main party were 52/50/42/46

Time to start Hard mode.

KomeijiKoishi

« Reply #803 on: May 16, 2010, 05:44:14 PM »
Took a look at Maple Story DS.

Like the original (at least how I remembered it) but with less grinding and WAY MORE dialogue.

« Reply #804 on: May 16, 2010, 05:48:32 PM »
Devil May Cry 4.

<3 Devil Bringer. It almost makes up for the fact that Nero is basically Raiden, except that Kyrie doesn't narm at me whenever I want to save, and he wisecracks almost as much as Dante. ... which is actually a pretty huge improvement over Raiden, come to think of it ...

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
« Reply #805 on: May 17, 2010, 04:00:21 PM »
FFIVDS, still.
I decided I'd chase after a few Tails. I found a Blue Tail after 22 Sirens.
I found a Black Tail once through a random encounter, but I died before turning it in.
I've put 87 Sirens into finding a Yellow Tail, but still have yet to find one.
*sigh
So much effort, I've leveled up everybody 8 times in 2 hours D:

Vanishing Sock Puppet

• Phantasmic Scribbler
  • brb exploding in a black hole
    • The Sock Drawer
« Reply #806 on: May 18, 2010, 01:31:14 AM »

FINALLY!

Now, onto Truxton II...

Also:

A few different games this time around: Within a Deep Forest

I fucking love that game. I'm listening to that game's soundtrack right now. Infact, I've been listening to that soundtrack for  past month and I still haven't gotten tired of it.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2010, 02:05:18 AM by SockHyren »

« Reply #807 on: May 18, 2010, 02:03:08 AM »
Beat DMC4. For posterity, I kept expecting Kyrie to call Nero "Jack." She even looks like Rosemary with her hair down ...

Also, real QUALITY Evil Plan there, guys:

• Spoiler:
    Sanctus orders Credo to fight Nero, knowing full well he can't win. I could kinda understand the utility of getting rid of a Lawful-Goodie Two Shoes like Credo, except that "make two heroes fight each other" is a flagrant violation of the Evil Overlord List, and anyway they have this "What Is This Human Thing You Call Love?" thing going on and didn't seem the type to notice that his "purity" was a liability.
  • Spoiler:
    They arrange for Kyrie to walk into the room just as Nero is standing over her brother's newly-defeated body, thus making Nero look like the bad guy, and Angus helps this along by going "see, he's a demon!"
  • Spoiler:
    The minute Nero objects, he immediately kidnaps Kyrie and says Sanctus ordered him to do it, destroying any illusions about who the real villain here is to Credo and Kyrie.
  • Spoiler:
    Angus then laughs in the heroes' faces and leaves them to their own devices (another Evil Overlord List violation).
  • Spoiler:
    Sanctus reacts with surprise when Credo and Nero become angry and "betray the Order."

Nat Tea

• ★三 ☆三 ★三 ☆三 ★三
  • 三☆ 三★ 三☆ 三★ 三☆
« Reply #808 on: May 18, 2010, 07:38:36 PM »
Kirby Squeak Squad. 111/120, Special Map and Ghost Medal (no ghosts yet).

Also, Kingdom Hearts 2 on Hard mode. Dorks don't know about my Final Form Lv7 + Rumbling Rose.
Horie dorie~
Pixiv: http://pixiv.me/choja / PSO2: Choja (Ship5) / 3DS: 3496-9942-9472 / PSVITA: choja206 (English) / chojahiragawajpn (Japanese) / Cosplays: Koishi Komeiji, Kogasa Tatara
Tumblr contains cooking and cosplay. Twitter contains me retweeting everything.
I draw but I do not use artist title. I also write, but I have been inactive lately. I want to get better at those things and more!

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
« Reply #809 on: May 18, 2010, 10:05:36 PM »
Rumbling Rose? What is special about that one?
Kirby Super Star Ultra- 97%. The True Arena is too difficult.
Kingdom Hearts 358/2- Day ~344. Getting really bored near the end. Mission 85 or something.
Final Fantasy IV DS- End. Cannot beat Zeromus, still. Party level 83.8. Still no Tails.
Final Fantasy X- Zanarkand Ruins 35:50. Can't beat the flying Guardian boss in which you must switch spaces around it.
Metroid Prime Trilogy- Metroid Prime 2- 18%. Stuck. What do I do?
Rock Band 2- Drums crapped out on me. They lag by well over ~70 ms, or fail to register entirely. Guitar on Expert, Vocals on Expert, Drums, on Hard, mostly, Expert on some.
I was playing Mother 3, but my computer needs fix. Chapter 7. Got Kumatora and am inside Saturn Valley. Lv. 29, 27, 27 21:20
Mario and Luigi Bowser's Inside Story- Cannot beat Bowser X, within 16 turns. Lv. 42, 42, 40. 40:41.
Super Smash Bros Brawl- 189:60. Versus battles with friends and family. Hate the human characters. Kirby tears the universe asunder.
Super Paper Mario- EXgame, Lv21, 21:30.
Final Fantasy XIII- Chapter 7, 12:30.
Super Mario RPG- End of 5th Star arc. Lv. 12.
Iji- Beat Tor on Ultimortal. 9:30:45, all modes.
An Untitled Story, beat EASY MODO and Normal. Total 14:00, 870 HP.
Elite Beat Agents- Hard Rock All S, Sweatin' All S. Total score 96,000,000. Highest rank.