Author Topic: How often do you play Touhou?  (Read 11008 times)

Ai-chann

• Touhou Rookie
  • IT'S TOUHOU TIME
How often do you play Touhou?
« on: November 15, 2009, 11:43:28 PM »
Just as the topic name implies.  I usually play for an hour or two before I start to get really frustrated and want to throw my laptop out the window.   8)  For some reason, I get worse as I play.  I guess at that point, it's time for a break.

Seian Verian

• Snuggledragon
  • Snuggles for everyone
Re: How often do you play Touhou?
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2009, 11:46:19 PM »
Eh, it varies. I haven't been playing Touhou as much lately, but when I do, sometimes I'll play for hours, getting more and more frustrated, wishing Shiki would just DIE ALREADY! and sometimes I'll just do a few runs and quit because I'm failing miserably.

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2009, 11:47:37 PM »
2-3 hours a day, with 1 hour going to replay studying. Another hour goes to "theory".

So yeah, not much overall.
[16:25] <Kuruminut> Shut up MS Word, "fangirlism" is totally a word
<>
[07:59] <Sapz> ベーティさんは馬鹿っぽいだろう、この「っぽい」好き者

Helix ⑨

• No Pain, No Gain
  • No Guts, No Glory
    • my youtube, 95% touhou vids, mainly extras and last words.
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2009, 11:47:50 PM »
About an hour a day, but I think it's more than I realise, so hour and a half-2 hours depending on my mood/other stuff I do.

I never play like hours straight like I could with WoW or Halo, rather play in 'bursts' like I'll attempt a hard run of a game, then quit. Later I'll do some spell practice. Then throw another fun stage in somewhere at the end of the day

Bananamatic

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2009, 11:50:39 PM »
No idea.
How long do 35 MoF st6 runs take? That's what I've done for 3 days once  :V

Scooter1000

• Certified Danmaku Dodger
  • Doesn't post a lot.
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2009, 11:51:47 PM »
I've been playing quite a bit lately; around 2 hours each day. I used to ragequit for the entire day if I kept on dying or got a game over within the first 5 stages.

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2009, 11:52:29 PM »
How long do 35 MoF st6 runs take? That's what I've done for 3 days once  :V
Assuming they're full runs, each run takes ~5 minutes. 5 * 35 = 175 minutes.

Or, about 3 hours.
[16:25] <Kuruminut> Shut up MS Word, "fangirlism" is totally a word
<>
[07:59] <Sapz> ベーティさんは馬鹿っぽいだろう、この「っぽい」好き者

Bananamatic

« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2009, 11:55:01 PM »
Assuming they're full runs, each run takes ~5 minutes. 5 * 35 = 175 minutes.

Or, about 3 hours.
Probably more, considering that I've let VoWG run instead of finishing it after dying.

Still, 3 hours of shmups feel longer than of RPGs for example.
Not to mention that any more and you are asking for a carpal or something like that....especially with my left handed "layout" :V

Ai-chann

• Touhou Rookie
  • IT'S TOUHOU TIME
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2009, 12:02:07 AM »
Was this three hours in a row?  That's a lot of shmupping!   :V

At some point, my eyes also get really dry and start to hurt.  It's bad enough my eyes are dry all the time to begin with.  :(  When I first got Touhou, though, I played that junk for HOURS.  I brought my computer to school just so I could play during downtime between classes.  So addicting.  But now that I'm trying to go serious, it's become frustrating.  Maybe I should go back to just enjoying the game, and eventually improve.

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2009, 12:10:39 AM »
It varies. I don't play quite as often as I used to, but it can range anywhere from 30 minutes to a few hours depending on what I'm doing. My SWR lunatic marathon was about 9 hours in a two day period if that's any indication.

As for total time, I've logged about 100 hours on MoF and UFO alone, and if the clock is to be believed, 720~ hours on IN. :V My realistic estimate for total time is probably something like 800 hours across every game.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

COPIRIGHTO

• Hello I'm Kaguya
  • and I'm a LOOONEY
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2009, 12:13:36 AM »
1-2 hours on weekdays

3-4 hours on weekends

« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2009, 12:14:03 AM »
Rarely do I play the games. Normally I'll just get a wild hair to play touhou and quit when I get a game over.
Not out of rage or anything. I just know when I've had enough.

?q

• Lurking librarian
  • and moe sound effect
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2009, 12:17:02 AM »
Only every now and again.  (lol, casual)
I simply don't have enough time as I used to.  At least I'm not terrible at the games.

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2009, 12:22:24 AM »
Usually at least a couple hours a day, broken into hour/half-hour segments.  Sometimes more, sometimes longer.  Rarely less.

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2009, 12:30:20 AM »
Eh, depends. Usually about 1-2 hours a day. I had a seven-hour marathon a while back though when I had the day off from school. :V

I've been playing less in the past few weeks because of control issues with my laptop, though. :/
« Last Edit: November 16, 2009, 03:18:02 AM by Serafie »

« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2009, 01:13:35 AM »
I'm usually messing around with danmakufu more than the actual games

Although of course I still do play the games occasionally (and go FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF at how good ZUN is at making this stuff D:)

Nine West

• Shrine maidens? Evil spirits? Magicians?
  • How wonderful!
« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2009, 01:25:31 AM »
Dohoho.

Usually, I don't play Touhou at all on weekdays. Sometimes, I go to periods of hiatus in which I don't touch Touhou at all for several weeks or even month. :V

But now that I'm working on IN Extra, I try to play the stage at least once per day, which takes up 20~ minutes.

« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2009, 03:03:03 AM »
It'll be a lot less now on weekdays- especially since I have to do volunteer work for the sake of graduating. (Also for job prospects) so I'll have maybe 1 hour to play on weekdays?
On weekends- it's usually about 3-4 hours split into 30 minute intervals.

« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2009, 03:18:02 AM »
Umm...  1-2 hours a day depending.  I don't really count how much I play :V

« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2009, 03:31:25 AM »
I haven't played a Touhou game since about two weeks after UFO was released. Before that, since the same amount of time after SA was released. When I was really into it, I'd play the games almost every day. But now, between obligations and other shooters, I'm less driven to spend time with the Touhou games.

ZUN really needs to change his score system formula and come up with something new and fresh to compel me to keep coming back after I get the 1CCs I want.

Matsuri

« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2009, 03:32:27 AM »
Maybe once or twice a week, if even. I'm pretty much off my Touhou kick for now, and I've moved on to other games for a while. And once I get bored with those, chances are I'll come right back to Touhou like I have many times before.

I think it's more or less because I know that I can accomplish anything I want to, Touhou-wise, if I so wish to sink the time into it. I'll come back to it sometime and finish where I left off.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2009, 03:42:52 AM by Matsuri »

Alfred F. Jones

• Estamos orgullosos del Batall?n Lincoln
  • y de la lucha que hizo por Madrid
« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2009, 04:08:08 AM »
Every three to five days, for an hour at a time.

I can't bring myself to do it daily. >_>

« Reply #22 on: November 16, 2009, 08:51:08 AM »
I'm estimating that i've spent about 5-600 hours on Windows Touhou, some additional on PC98. I think spend around 1-2 hours a day. But its probably a lot more. Sometimes i might get cut short in my gaming due to frustration. Especially if i want to do a challenge. I quit easily.

« Reply #23 on: November 16, 2009, 09:28:28 AM »
Once in a while on the weekends, since thats the only time I have access to them.

I do sometimes look up strategies and videos during the week, though.

"What do you mean 'stop repeating everything you say'?"

Formless God

« Reply #24 on: November 16, 2009, 09:38:35 AM »
Hmmm... The longest for me is two days on UFO Normal.

Now it's 1~2 hours every day because I don't have much free time anymore.
But with the support from Trainer I can easily see my improvements. Of course I do get worse at times ... but my skills return after a few days, usually even better than before.

lmagus

• I HATE VoWG
    • My Youtube
« Reply #25 on: November 16, 2009, 12:02:06 PM »
about half an hour a day. and if i'm lucky, 2 hours on saturday/sunday
Current Goal: PCB Lunatic 1cc
Watch me on Youtube

« Reply #26 on: November 16, 2009, 03:18:07 PM »
1-4 hours on the shmups at most, but I've gone an entire day on IaMP before.

Gpop

« Reply #27 on: November 16, 2009, 03:20:14 PM »
1 hour a week,

1-2 hours a day stepping Touhou songs for Stepmania.

Yeah, I don't play as much because of school and crap now though.

Rinnosuke Morichika

• Bombs, rope, spell cards. It's yours, my friend!
  • I'm sorry, Marisa, I don't take credit.
« Reply #28 on: November 16, 2009, 03:36:04 PM »
An hour or two a day, sometimes much more when my friends decide they want to netplay UNL with me.

Alternatively, 3 minutes a day, but that's only when I RAGEQUIT because of something really, really stupid happening.

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #29 on: November 16, 2009, 03:39:54 PM »
About an hour a day, sometimes more, depending on my mood. I don't let myself get frustrated. Games are supposed to be fun. If I'm stuck I play another in the series.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."