Author Topic: Music Road: Who wasn't a beginner?  (Read 2950 times)

Forte Blackadder

• 雲龍九現
  • Thi?n Giả L?ng Y?u
    • FaceBook
Music Road: Who wasn't a beginner?
« on: May 30, 2011, 05:58:09 PM »
Everyone loves music, I'm sure. But how many people that loves playing music, rather than just listening? I know, we're lazy, or for some reasons can't attend any music class to learn to play a wonderful tool that humanity call "instrument". So this topic is for people like us, who never went to any class but try love to push our luck until Remilia goes u~u~ and explodes.

Of course, I'd love to have some expert to help us improve as well! Please do criticise, it's very important!

So this is my first attempt using my ears and some knowledge from elementary school: Broken Moon
- Instrument: Melodica
- Sheet music: None

It's kinda bad to play without background music though.

Fightest

• Fighter than anyone else
Re: Music Road: Who wasn't a beginner?
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2011, 06:17:01 PM »
Please do criticise, it's very important!

So this is my first attempt using my ears and some knowledge from elementary school: Broken Moon
- Instrument: Melodica
- Sheet music: None

As a first try, it is very good indeed. You obviously have a sense of rhythm, and there were no wrong notes whatsoever. I note that, towards the middle, you lost tempo (well, more specifically, you gained tempo), and it strikes me as unintentional - you'll have to control that a bit better. I have no idea how that instrument thing you've got there plays, so I cannot comment on your general technique and sound. Otherwise, well done!

Forte Blackadder

• 雲龍九現
  • Thi?n Giả L?ng Y?u
    • FaceBook
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2011, 06:21:09 PM »
Yeah I got a bit nervous there filming myself and such, that was the 13th try lol.
Thanks, I'll try to relax more next time. Also the instrument is Melodica, basically you blow it like a flute but play the keys of a piano.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2011, 07:07:13 PM »
Ah I can hear you have been listening to the original 10.5 track Broken Moon. I did the same for my guitar. Very fun song to play.

Pretty much what Fightest already said about tempo and such, but I did hear some faulty notes there, at 1:13. You might want to slow down that part using Audacity and listen carefully.

Though you did well for creating a simplified version of it for yourself. Broken moon of course contains more notes than you played, but hey! I started exactly the same with this song.

Forte Blackadder

• 雲龍九現
  • Thi?n Giả L?ng Y?u
    • FaceBook
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2011, 07:10:39 PM »
I found that with Melodica I'll have to play slow songs to be good, and some part can get boring without background music so I simplified it :D
Thanks mates, and do share your guitar skills, Helepolis :D

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2011, 07:15:08 PM »
I found that with Melodica I'll have to play slow songs to be good, and some part can get boring without background music so I simplified it :D
Thanks mates, and do share your guitar skills, Helepolis :D

The only "skills" I have is playing Sanae's theme though my recording equipment fails so hard, the music goes over the playing:

Oh and here is a small test of my own Broken moon when I got my guitar recording equipment. It sounds bland, but it was a test. (plenty of mistakes of there)

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
    • Sanmaat (site of personal tat)
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2011, 07:25:15 PM »
Huh, so I guess this is a thread on how we started with instruments? ...no?

I think I should try and play a bit of Broken Moon on my DGX keyboard and share the results for fun and further exploration of its SD-90 Romantic Trumpet/ZUNpet-like Sweet!Trumpet patch. Can't play piano with both hands worth a damn, though.

That, and the violin part of the Prismrivers' theme. Haven't played violin in over a year....
C:DOS> ayayaya.mid
Bad command or file name

C:>_

Infy♫

• Demonic★Moe
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2011, 02:21:57 PM »
Haa~ A melodica! I played quite often on that when I was in Greece a few weeks ago.
Not bad, at all. you're actually playing it quite accurate. there are just a few pauses that last too long, but I know why, lol. breathing is hard.