Author Topic: Awesome Games Done Quick 2020 - DOS Ist Gut, Ja? (3)  (Read 24978 times)

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
Awesome Games Done Quick 2020 - DOS Ist Gut, Ja? (3)
« on: October 07, 2019, 02:38:56 AM »
Games list is up. Mega Man DOS is back, in 3 form! Also there's a bunch of other less important games.

Touhou Luna Nights actually made it in! Apparently RBO is possible, because that's the gimmick.

TASBot also has plenty to contribute.

Not sure what the closer will be. My wide-spread guess would be either FF8 or any of the Zeldas that aren't WW Any% (sorry Linkus).

Get hype!
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

PX

• School Idol?
Re: Awesome Games Done Quick 2020 - DOS Ist Gut, Ja? (3)
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2019, 04:33:02 AM »
I'm so ready for 6 hours of 3D Zelda ???%

Also, unfortunately not going to be there (I so want to) due to going to Japan in January
« Last Edit: October 07, 2019, 07:44:18 AM by PX »

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2019, 05:38:40 AM »
Okay, but Animorphs Revengeance? It's h a p p e n i n g

Leon゠Helsing

• 0 - The Fool
  • Pave your own path
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2019, 08:23:47 AM »
>ALttP Rando Crowd Control
Boy oh boy this is gonna go swimmingly :V

Ionasal kkll Solciel

• Girl from beyond the 7th Dimension
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2019, 10:08:58 AM »
Return of the revenge of the revengance of Animorphs, huh? Place your bets now as to how fucked the RNG gets this time.

Also Clone Hero showcase?!

That's a lot of runners of Destiny 2; are they all going to run together?

MUSHIHIMESAMA?!!!?!!?

Oh god Super Hydlide.

New Blood XS run hype!
Let's Play: BIT.TRIP FLUX | Let's Play: Malicious | Skyward Sword: Shieldless Final Boss | Skyward Sword: Boss Rush! | Ace Combat Infinity: Campaign in the X-02 Wyvern

Move eternally forward,
So that we may always be at your side.

Suwako Moriya

• Hey you with the pretty face
  • Welcome to the human race!
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2019, 01:22:58 PM »
>ALttP Rando Crowd Control
Boy oh boy this is gonna go swimmingly :V

What exactly does this entail, anyway? Google was surprisingly unhelpful. Something about Twitch donors paying for what item comes next?
The only thing this dimension does well is show its ass. We might as well applaud it! - Albert Burneko

Well, this game happened.

Leon゠Helsing

• 0 - The Fool
  • Pave your own path
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2019, 01:52:37 PM »
Here's the submission run as an example. Basically viewers can donate through an extension to either assist the player or grief the player's ass off in various ways. Three guesses as to which one's gonna happen more often, and the first two don't count. :V

Suwako Moriya

« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2019, 02:57:37 PM »
Interesting. I wonder if that will be the closer, then, since it would provide incentives to continue donating through the end of the show.
The only thing this dimension does well is show its ass. We might as well applaud it! - Albert Burneko

nav'

• nothing to see here
  • definitely not a Ditto
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2019, 09:57:46 PM »
The first two Fallout games, three Myst games and The Talos Principle... Pretty tasty. And this is the first time in a long while I've heard the name Darkened Skye. Mostly remember it thanks to the protagonist. Whoever currently owns the brand of Skittles should be donating a lot of money for this one.
Рабинович глядит на плакат ?Ленин умер, но дело его живет!?
? уж лучше бы о он жил!

Drake

« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2019, 03:32:18 AM »
Gus playing Futari 1.01 is gonna be a treat

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

Suwako Moriya

« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2019, 11:13:44 AM »
No one cares.

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2019, 02:35:37 PM »

Suwako Moriya

« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2019, 03:47:34 PM »
Damn, that's unfortunate. I admit I wouldn't be super keen on responding to people poking me on Discord about work, so I don't necessarily hold that against the committee rep, but there needs to be a much better response time on the e-mails and better consistency/more obvious attention to detail in general.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2019, 08:21:41 PM »
> Sonic the Hedgehog (2006)

> XBox360

Whoo boy. That's the version I played.

Loading Screen %. Also I wonder if we'll get a moment like this again

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2019, 01:46:24 AM »

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2019, 04:30:37 AM »
Tentative schedule's up, and it seems they worked out something with the FF8 guys, because they're on there.

The ending has me intrigued - are all those new games and whatnot actually going to be throws onto the end of the marathon, or will they be sprinkled throughout the course of the week? I feel like any of the current known final three runs would make for a fantastic closer, so I'm thinking the latter, but that would mess with planning a lot more.

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2019, 03:57:35 PM »
They're gonna be moved around the schedule so it's not actually the schedule yet. Look for your favorite games to be pushed back to unwatchable hours

Suwako Moriya

« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2019, 04:29:39 PM »
Well, fortunately for me/us, it seems like Touhou Luna Nights' placement makes it likely to be moved later in the day rather than earlier, so hooray for that \o/

« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2019, 02:01:07 AM »
get hype when you head a zun song in th bg of the stream :P

« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2019, 08:42:32 PM »
wth also mushihimesama, this is insane, btw if they don't play the ronald mcdonald insanity un owen was her in the bg music, i will be so mad, also some mushihimesama ost, can't wait for that

Ionasal kkll Solciel

« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2020, 10:50:45 AM »
Friendly reminder that AGDQ starts TOMORROW. Hype!
Let's Play: BIT.TRIP FLUX | Let's Play: Malicious | Skyward Sword: Shieldless Final Boss | Skyward Sword: Boss Rush! | Ace Combat Infinity: Campaign in the X-02 Wyvern

Move eternally forward,

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2020, 05:00:07 PM »
So apparently while I was sleeping there was a complete dumpster fire of a Terraria run.

Also apparently they're about 3 hours behind [mostly due to long setups] and there's been quite a few 'mercy kills' as a result. That said; FF8 just went 15 min over estimate without getting cut off; but that's an almost 9 hour speedrun so 15 min is probably not much in the grand scheme.

But yeah apparently some stuff happened regarding runs getting killed off while I slept.

I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.

Suwako Moriya

« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2020, 05:57:21 PM »
I only caught the very beginning and the very end of the Terraria run but the general consensus appears to be that Badger got hit with some of the most bizarre RNG luck of all time, which is apparently par for the course in Terraria, but that he handled it all with incredible grace and everyone absolutely loves him as a person, to the point where there was actually a $500 (not $5, $500) donation train going during his run. (He certainly seemed very affable from what I saw of the run, and was genuinely floored every time someone made a big donation.)

I have noticed the projected start times for the end-of-the-week runs I'm interested in creeping later and later over the course of the week, though, yes. Getting a little worried about seeing everything I want to see on Saturday! On the other hand, it's pushed MM3 DOS into a territory where I actually stand a chance of catching it, so that's good.

Anyway, as far as I'm concerned, all the delays in the world and whatever else will never be able to tarnish this GDQ simply because of how bonkers and mind-blowing the MTPO 2p1c Blindfold run was.

« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2020, 10:10:35 PM »
Terraria run was disappointing. Badger tried hard enough but any runner should prepare for a worse case scenario. I would love to see him back for a non-seeded glitchless run, even if it is just until wall of flesh.

For the runs I watched, it feels like estimated time was way shorter compared to the runs in years before.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #25 on: January 08, 2020, 11:03:18 PM »
Terraria run was disappointing. Badger tried hard enough but any runner should prepare for a worse case scenario. I would love to see him back for a non-seeded glitchless run, even if it is just until wall of flesh.

For the runs I watched, it feels like estimated time was way shorter compared to the runs in years before.

Yeah the estimates do seem a lot less lenient this year. Also; the delays have basically made it so most of what I could see today was the FF8 9-hour run.

Which managed to come in 15 mins over time, despite apparently having a pretty good run? A decent example of the estimates being pushed lower this year. Estimates according to GDQ guidelines should be 'In 99% of cases you come under it', but it certainly feels like they've been pushed to maybe 80% of the time.

Edit: As awesome as the run of Mushihime-sama Futari is; it's a SHMUP autoscroller; the commentators are treating it like a scorerun; and the estimate is blatantly wrong; [35 min and at 40 and still going] How do you go 5+ mins over a realistic 'estimate' in a autoscroller. Answer: It was probably submitted under false pretense for the amount of time.

Kinda annoying.  As great as the gameplay is this absolutely is not a Speedrun and shouldn't be here.

It's like saying you can really speedrun Touhou. You can do it a *little* faster maybe, but not much.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2020, 12:00:37 AM by Raikaria »

Ionasal kkll Solciel

« Reply #26 on: January 09, 2020, 08:01:58 AM »
Oh boy, Animorphs is up next.

For doing 125% (there's apparently a dev code for an Ax-based mission), just being two and a half minutes over estimate is actually pretty amazing.

I really should try to get vacation days for next SGDQ. I've missed so many good runs to work and transit and work and sleep and work.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2020, 09:10:09 AM by Ionasal kkll Solciel »

Move eternally forward,

« Reply #27 on: January 09, 2020, 10:23:43 AM »
The video's should appear on YouTube in a few days. I will probably miss Luna Nights live unless the schedule  gets more out of whack.

« Reply #28 on: January 09, 2020, 02:47:09 PM »
The MM3DOS run was even better than I was hoping for because I entirely forgot about the CGA mode incentive

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #29 on: January 12, 2020, 03:24:49 PM »
What a fantastic marathon! See you all in June.