Author Topic: Apex Legends  (Read 3419 times)

H4xolotl

• Myon
Apex Legends
« on: February 14, 2019, 09:35:47 AM »
[placeholder]
It's fun to imagine what that large marshmallow-looking thing tastes like

AzyWng

• "I was a dumb American in a place where dumb Americans were less popular than the clap."
  • "So this was it. My easy retirement."
Re: Apex Legends
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2019, 04:09:47 PM »
Ah, this game.

It's not half bad, honestly. Better than I expected from a newly released game that appears on Origin (For PC, at least), which admittedly isn't saying much.

The in-game ping system (Pay respects and mark enemies at the same time, meanwhile Middle Mouse Button handles everything else) means that communication without a mic is actually not a painful affair! People with no keyboards rejoice!

I did still have some difficulty figuring out what everything did. I suppose a training/weapon testing range wouldn't hurt (Though I guess part of the game's tutorial already is a weapon range of sorts).

I heard there was some problem with the Alternator (Twin-barreled SMG that fires Light Rounds, looks kind of like the Stealth Pistol from Deus Ex?) where landing every single shot in its clip wouldn't result in a kill, and the Mozambique (Three-shot shotgun pistol) is apparently considered pretty bad in general, so there are weapons considered objectively worse/better than others (Though admittedly nearly every shooter has those kinds of weapons). Time will tell what changes will be made in that department, if any.

Death isn't the end, and when knocked down, you're not entirely helpless - you'll usually be able to find a knockdown shield, which shields damage when knocked down (surprise surprise). Even if you do get finished off, your banner (an item in your inventory) can still be picked up and turned in to devices around the map to bring the deceased back into the game.

I managed to win a game, which is something I haven't been able to do in Fortnite! The fact the only way to play right now is with a team probably helped in that department, too.

It's a shame you can't add people who you've met in-game as friends short of writing the name down somewhere. I hope that gets changed soon.

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2019, 08:06:29 AM »
this game looks interesting

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2019, 07:13:52 AM »
Thought it'd be another generic king of the hill, like fortnite/pubg/h1z1, and kind of ended up as such. Hum.