Author Topic: Strawberry Bose Translation and Gameplay Changing Patch Center  (Read 106343 times)

Re: Strawberry Bose Translation and Gameplay Changing Patch Center
« Reply #120 on: June 16, 2019, 07:17:14 AM »
Quick question: is the dialog for DoD not ever going to be worked on? Is it just not feasible to translate that part for some reason? I was going to try and play it, but it seems odd to me to try and play an RPG if you can't really understand the story. It's great that the other stuff has been translated, though.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #121 on: June 16, 2019, 10:36:01 AM »
It's not unfeasible so much as it's just that there's a lot of it (with 4 main characters of different dialogue? a lot), and no one is actively trying to do it right now. It's a lot of work.

In the end, the plot is fairly shallow. It's unfortunate to not have it because there's plenty of mildly amusing dialogue if it's anything like GoS, but in the end the dialogue is almost exclusively witty banter, so it's not any worse than playing one of the official Touhou shoot'em'ups with translated menus/UI but JP dialogue. The Three Evil Pillars of Evil or whatnot want to turn Gensokyo into more Makai, they're draining all the residents and causing them to turn into Shikigami, and you go and stop them; that's... more or less the whole gist of it. More straightforward than GoS.

On the upside, pretty much -everything- except the dialogue is translated, IIRC. And there's not any cases where you need to know what they're saying in order to tell what you do to progress, since it's pretty much just "keep going forward and you'll beat the game". Compare to their next game Nightmare of Rebellion, which has... enough translated to play it more or less without issue (all skills/items, a lot of the menus), but still scattered JP throughout menus/UI and many images.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

« Reply #122 on: August 02, 2019, 03:54:59 PM »
Wait a minute, DoD got everything translated except for the dialogue?
You mean the banquet version or the festival version?

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #123 on: August 02, 2019, 07:56:32 PM »
Wait a minute, DoD got everything translated except for the dialogue?
You mean the banquet version or the festival version?
Both. The banquet (latest PC edition) patch is in the start of this thread. The festival patch is in this thread -> https://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php/topic,18295.0.html
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

« Reply #124 on: August 03, 2019, 02:26:00 PM »
Both. The banquet (latest PC edition) patch is in the start of this thread. The festival patch is in this thread -> https://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php/topic,18295.0.html

Version 0.01
game.tarc
img.tarc

Faster Element Leveling Patch (Half Requirements)
Faster Element Leveling Patch (Adjusted Curve), includes Detailed Patch (still in beta, weapon descriptions not changed, some typos in skill descriptions)
Faster Element Leveling Patch (Adjusted Curve) with no Element Level Spark requirement, includes beta Detailed Patch

I'm not really familiar with this patching, can you help me on how to do it?
except for the copy-pasting img.tarc to overwrite the file in the resource folder, which one of the game.tarc files should I go for?
Also, it's just copy pasting, right?

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #125 on: August 03, 2019, 08:54:15 PM »
Yeah, you just copy paste pretty much. Devil of Decline's element leveling rates are pretty stupid later in the game (you'd have to be insane to ever even SEE the final tier of weapon skills, even -with- tons of grinding), so I'd recommend taking some form of the faster leveling rate. Adjusted Curve is probably best.

No element level requirement is a -little- cheesy, but the skills still have minimum monster level requirements, so it's not totally crazy... the plain version of Adjusted Curve maintains the original feeling of the game though XD Just, you still might not see the final tier of skills without a good hunk of grind IIRC? (I haven't playtested it)

« Reply #126 on: August 04, 2019, 03:54:39 PM »
Is there anyway to alter the shinigami join rates in Devil of Decline Banquet? I really don't want to defeat a lot of Stray Yukkuris in order for one to join.

Edit: Oh, and stat increases.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2019, 04:01:17 PM by BigAwoo »

« Reply #127 on: August 05, 2019, 09:58:20 AM »
Thank you, guess I will go for the no Element Level then XD
I spent hundreds of hours on Labyrinth 2+ disk already, don't want to go for another bout like that XD
« Last Edit: August 05, 2019, 10:00:42 AM by isanomi »

« Reply #128 on: August 25, 2019, 07:05:36 PM »
Is there anyway to alter the shinigami join rates in Devil of Decline Banquet? I really don't want to defeat a lot of Stray Yukkuris in order for one to join.

Edit: Oh, and stat increases.

Just forwarding this in general.

« Reply #129 on: February 24, 2020, 09:14:24 AM »
I finally grabbed a copy of Devil Of Decline: Banquet, but I can't find links to download the update patches. Can someone help me, please?
« Last Edit: February 24, 2020, 09:17:21 AM by Arukaizer »

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
Re: General Strawberry Bose .TARC-using Translation Thread (Current Project: NoR)
« Reply #130 on: February 24, 2020, 04:21:39 PM »
What do you mean? They're right with all the others.

The ones he has at the bottom here are optional gameplay changes. The last tier of weapon skills is known to be so difficult to reach that you'll probably never see it even with notable grinding, which is why there's a patch lowering requirements, and one that makes it exclusively based off enemy level instead. Detailed patch just includes more skill power info in their skill descriptions, instead of stuff like "Power:Medium" "Power:Medium+". Go with whatever you like.
Devil of Decline ~ Banquet

All patches are for version 3.03 of Devil of Decline.

Version 0.01
game.tarc
img.tarc

Faster Element Leveling Patch (Half Requirements)
Faster Element Leveling Patch (Adjusted Curve), includes Detailed Patch (still in beta, weapon descriptions not changed, some typos in skill descriptions)
Faster Element Leveling Patch (Adjusted Curve) with no Element Level Spark requirement, includes beta Detailed Patch

« Reply #131 on: February 25, 2020, 12:18:44 AM »
Isn't that the translation patch? I'm speaking of official updates. Or at least I need know which is the last version available of the game. Mine is 3.0.3.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #132 on: February 25, 2020, 12:20:40 AM »
Oooh, I see. 3.03 is probably the latest; but even if it isn't, the patch as quoted says it's for 3.03, so it wouldn't function if you updated farther.