Author Topic: You Know You're Addicted To Touhou When ... Vol. 8 Imperishable Night Edition  (Read 221225 times)

I was in a paint store and saw a paint shade called "Lily White."  Naturally, I had to keep from laughing.

Boomer

• Lifeless Energy
  • Attributes and weaknesses are the same.
Lily White... The only thing that comes to mind (Touhou related anyway) when I personally hear that is Letty Whiterock.  Or was that the point?
I just know what I know...

When you see "Nue" 3 times in graffiti on a truck.

Lily White... The only thing that comes to mind (Touhou related anyway) when I personally hear that is Letty Whiterock.  Or was that the point?

Actually, there is a character from PCB named Lily White. Here you go: http://en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Lily_White

Mr Jovial

• Commander of the Whale Legion
  • ~Having a whale of a time~
Tomorrow I'm going to get my A-level exam results that will ultimately decide what I'm going to be doing for the next few years. What better thing to listen to on the way to get them than Eastern Judgement in the Sixtieth Year :V

Boomer

• Lifeless Energy
Literally everyday, not making a single Touhou reference is a massive struggle.

When you name your pet bunny after a touhou character .. yep im doing it.

Boomer

• Lifeless Energy
I regret not naming my cat 'Chen'.

Goomba98

• Touhou ga daisuki!
When it influences your assigned-by-school-book-reading. Once I chose The Book Thief because it was the most in a list of books given to me that reminded me of Touhou. And this summer, they let me choose any book, so I'm going all out and reading And Then There Were None.

Also:
Earthquakes can happen at any time, so there's always a chance that dropping a mountain any distance could trigger one. So could kicking a tree. The only way to find out for sure would be to try it.
*insert mental image of Tenshi kicking a tree here*

Kaisou

• RuhBAYOMbee
  • YEET!!!! *throws pollen puff*
I can't believe I forgot to take a picture of it. Someone drew Reimu with a donation box on the whiteboard at the Main library branch in my area. Freaking out, I instinctively wrote, "DONATIONS PLEASE" underneath it.
Hi. Might put something new here but idk.

Abraham Lincoln

• Mendelssohn for President 2016
  • Make Bach Great Again!

I won't be able to take these seriously anymore, thank you ZUN.

Goomba98

• Touhou ga daisuki!
I was at the Franklin Institute today, and:
  • At The Art of the Brick, one of the pieces was a set of three people in primary colors, with a cube, triangular pyramid, and sphere for heads. They reminded me of Suika's ball-and-chains, but when I got home, I found out that the pyramid and sphere were the opposite colors from Suika's shapes.
  • At one of the other exhibits (which had to do with the Earth and how it was changing over the years), there was a thing that measured the movement of the ground under it, and you would have to jump in front of it to create "earthquakes." I felt like Tenshi at that moment.
  • An electricity exhibit had a dance floor that lit up when people danced on it. No points for guessing who I thought of there.
  • I also saw a random guy who happened to look like ZUN, but wasn't Japanese.

In other news, I gave my Mario amiibo his NES Open Tournament Golf costume and named him Clownpiece in honor of LoLK.

Boomer

• Lifeless Energy
Whenever I hold a knife, I think of throwing it.  I am quite skilled at throwing projectiles as well.

LawfulInsane

• Lurker and poster
  • PLATES
1: When you read all eight threads.

2: When you make an account and post on this thread.

3: When, at school, you hear the teachers telling the students to wear red and white for a school event, you imagine them wearing Reimu's outfit, with armpits and all.

4: You know you're not so addicted when you lose all your lives to Nazrin and Kogasa on EASY MODO. You are, however, addicted when the way you cure your rage (besides ragequitting) is by 1CCing IN.
I have the tendency to call everything from my side of the world "Eastern" (with the characters in "Touhou", I'm Chinese).

Schneeless

• I need to stop changing my name
When you share music with friends, Touhou music is the first(maybe second now?) of your repertoire of games with awesome music.

When new Touhou music comes out(hey LoLK and UNiL), you immediately share it with your friends and discuss it, if you guys like it, what's better/worse about if it's another version of an already existing theme, etc etc.

When you're thinking of writing something again, writing a Touhou fanfic is the first thing that comes to mind.

When you see the names of Touhou characters in other games as NPCS/other players and smile because you found another Touhou fan or just because of the name.

Python

• Plains of Chi-u have no end.
  • They are boundless and last forever.
When you shove the entire Touhou soundtrack from 1 to 15 onto your mobile phone.

When you primarily play ZUN's music on piano.

When you design a game completely unrelated to, but somehow inspired by, Touhou.
Have a look at my truly scrumptious scripts!.

Uruwi

• Nightmare of Torrential Precipitation
  • 478 million goober
When you design a game completely unrelated to, but somehow inspired by, Touhou.

As in Len'en?

Can relate then.
foo = foldl $ flip ($)
Highest difficulty 1CCed for each game, by shot type in the original order. (-: never 1CCed on any difficulty, or never used; E: easy, N: normal, H: hard, L / U: lunatic / unreal.)
EoSD [NNNE] PCB [EE--N-] IN [NEEE + Ex Border] PoFV [Mystia N, Mystia E no charge] MoF [EN--H- + Ex Marisa B] SA [N-----] UFO [----EN] TD [NENE] DDC [EE-EHE + Ex Marisa B & Sakuya A] LoLK [PD --N- Legacy ---N] EE [N- + Ex Yabusame] EMS [N-- + Ex Yabusame] RMI [NHN + Ex YaoSuku]
Avelantis (demo) Easy YuukiB 426,077,200

Abraham Lincoln

• Mendelssohn for President 2016
  • Make Bach Great Again!
When you primarily play ZUN's music on piano.

And when you improvise, it sounds ZUN-esque.

Python

Uruwi

• 478 million goober
foo = foldl $ flip ($)
Highest difficulty 1CCed for each game, by shot type in the original order. (-: never 1CCed on any difficulty, or never used; E: easy, N: normal, H: hard, L / U: lunatic / unreal.)
EoSD [NNNE] PCB [EE--N-] IN [NEEE + Ex Border] PoFV [Mystia N, Mystia E no charge] MoF [EN--H- + Ex Marisa B] SA [N-----] UFO [----EN] TD [NENE] DDC [EE-EHE + Ex Marisa B & Sakuya A] LoLK [PD --N- Legacy ---N] EE [N- + Ex Yabusame] EMS [N-- + Ex Yabusame] RMI [NHN + Ex YaoSuku]

Python

Take a look at the level name conepts, take a look at this screenshot, take a look at this tileset. Hell, take a look at the name. The entire storyline is derived from a fanmade Touhou video series. Is it still not inspired by Touhou?

Uruwi

• 478 million goober
Take a look at the level name conepts, take a look at this screenshot, take a look at this tileset. Hell, take a look at the name. The entire storyline is derived from a fanmade Touhou video series. Is it still not inspired by Touhou?

Oh well. Now it is.
foo = foldl $ flip ($)

When you see a person named miko28 on another game and immediately think Toyosatomimi no Miko.

Boomer

• Lifeless Energy
When playing Touhou is no longer just a past-time, but also a way to remedy real issues that you could be having, like playing on lunatic mode to better your composure or enhance your focus for example.

LawfulInsane

• Lurker and poster
  • PLATES
When you crackship Reimu and Miko just for pun.
I have the tendency to call everything from my side of the world "Eastern" (with the characters in "Touhou", I'm Chinese).

ChronaSE

• Doremy-rekt
When you bring touhou discussions on different series forums.

LawfulInsane

• Lurker and poster
  • PLATES
Today, my school had a ceremony to celebrate the students who had earned an IB diploma. 11% of them would have a "gap year" where they likely wouldn't do any university studies. The first thing I thought about was Yukari gapping them into Gensokyo for a year.

I don't know whether to be envious (*paruparuparu*) or scared (urameshiya~)...

Goomba98

• Touhou ga daisuki!
Be afraid. Be very afraid.

LawfulInsane

• Lurker and poster
  • PLATES
Be afraid. Be very afraid.

True. Now I'm thinking of creative ways for the youkai of Gensokyo to pick on the graduates. Sorry, graduates.  :ohdear:

On another note, you know you're addicted to Touhou when you are swimming at the beach and all of a sudden, you think "Wait, isn't there no ocean in Gensokyo? Why am I here, then?"  :o

EDIT: There's a student at my school known for being an excellent makeup artist and her name is Petchara. I keep misreading her name as Patchouli.

EDIT 2: When you are worried that there have been no new cases in a couple of days.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2015, 12:42:15 AM by LawfulInsane »

Cybeast710

• CAPCOM MAN
  • OBJECTION!
    • My Let's Plays!
Re: You Know You're Addicted To Touhou When ... Vol. 8 Imperishable Night Edition
« Reply #839 on: September 02, 2015, 01:11:06 AM »
When you still come back to this board....
My fanfics: Touhou Wrecks X!
What happens when Nue's in a pranky mood and at the same time, Yukari's bored? Pokemon XD: Impostor of Darkness
I made this cool matrixy eye: