Author Topic: Shadows Over Fuyuki - Fate/Zero season 2!  (Read 20726 times)

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
Re: Shadows Over Fuyuki - Fate/Zero season 2!
« Reply #60 on: June 24, 2012, 06:43:28 PM »
Concurred.

If
Spoiler:
Gil has proper flesh now, why did Kotohime need to have numerous people as mana batteries to maintain him in the Fate path? Or was that Kotohime just being a bastard? Also; was it ever mentioned in Stay Night whether Kotohime had no heartbeat or anything?

Also Kariya is the worst strangler. You fail at everything, Kariya.

Also also: what ended up happening to Waver? Is it ever said in one of the other side things?

Finally: I want an episode 26. I want an Excel Saga style Episode 26.

Moerin

• What's punk? It's an explosion of suppressed dissatisfaction.
  • It's the roar of the soul!
« Reply #61 on: June 24, 2012, 06:59:06 PM »
If
Spoiler:
Gil has proper flesh now, why did Kotohime need to have numerous people as mana batteries to maintain him in the Fate path? Or was that Kotohime just being a bastard? Also; was it ever mentioned in Stay Night whether Kotohime had no heartbeat or anything?
Spoiler:
Whilst he is alive, he still needs the mana to power his Noble Phantasms, which is why they do the mana battery thing.  And it's mentioned that he has no heart; in at least one route it's actually crucial to a couple of scenes.

Spoiler:
Also also: what ended up happening to Waver? Is it ever said in one of the other side things?
Spoiler:
He goes back to England and ends up becoming the new Lord El-Melloi, proving once and for all that Kayneth was a douchebag and Waver was right all along.  Later, after the Heaven's Feel route, he returns to Fuyuki to dismantle the Grail for good.

Spoiler:
Finally: I want an episode 26. I want an Excel Saga style Episode 26.
You're not the only one. :P
The solution to all of life's problems!

#1 Rin Satsuki Fan~♥
"For hearts long lost and full of fright, for those alone in blackest night, accept our ring and join our fight... Love Conquers All -  with violet light!"

Chaore

• Kai Ni Recipient Many Years Late
  • You Finally Did It, Kadokawa.
« Reply #62 on: June 24, 2012, 11:03:45 PM »
Spoiler:
He goes back to England and ends up becoming the new Lord El-Melloi, proving once and for all that Kayneth was a douchebag and Waver was right all along.  Later, after the Heaven's Feel route, he returns to Fuyuki to dismantle the Grail for good.

Spoiler:
That... Kinda sucks. I'd prefer to have seen him go rogue and travel the world, spreading the teachings of ALEXANDER THE GREAT like a lunatic. Instead he basically just... goes where he was already going. to be a great mage. I mean honestly a deal of his success probably did come from what he learned in the holy grail war, but gods DAMN that was kind of disappointing to hear.

Rider should come back and bitchslap him.

Spoiler:
Also Kariya is the worst strangler. You fail at everything, Kariya.

Spoiler:
I'll suspend my sobbings long enough to take this seriously.

THAT WAS THE WORST FUCKING PART OF THE ENDING. SERIOUSLY, FUCK YOU KARIYA YOU RUINED EVEN YOUR OWN DAMN ARC.

I hate hate hate HATE how blatantly just for despair that was played. 'BY THE WAY SHE ACTUALLY SURVIVED, AND IS NOW INSANE'. It was shoddy, mostly (atleast in the anime) out of the fucking blue, and just kind of really aimed at forcing a breakdown even harder and it's like really all we needed was the azoth. That is believable, Rin is strong but not made of god damn titanium WE DO NOT NEED TO NUKE HER EMOTIONS.

i will now sob anyway because aaaa the azoth fuck you kirei whyyy ;w;

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #63 on: June 24, 2012, 11:40:16 PM »
Spoiler:
I hate hate hate HATE how blatantly just for despair that was played. 'BY THE WAY SHE ACTUALLY SURVIVED, AND IS NOW INSANE'. It was shoddy, mostly (atleast in the anime) out of the fucking blue, and just kind of really aimed at forcing a breakdown even harder and it's like really all we needed was the azoth. That is believable, Rin is strong but not made of god damn titanium WE DO NOT NEED TO NUKE HER EMOTIONS.

I don't know if you're new to Fate at all but that's basically all of Heaven's Feel right there.  It's incredibly terrible, blatant emotional appeal at the basest level.

♛ Apher-Forte

• Am I to go home...or shall I stay alone?
  • Forever lost at sea, a distant bell rings for me
    • Himitsu's NSFW Blog ~ contains NSFW material
« Reply #64 on: June 25, 2012, 01:48:54 AM »
I love how it is all Heaven's Feel - the remix = right now.
which comes this mind.

does this lead to a second season of Fate stay night anime?
  <-- my artwork thread, click me!
[ Find my cosplay photos here. ] OMG I HAVE TUMBLR FOLLOW PLZX Will You Remember Me... ?

Chaore

« Reply #65 on: June 25, 2012, 05:04:30 AM »
I don't know if you're new to Fate at all but that's basically all of Heaven's Feel right there.  It's incredibly terrible, blatant emotional appeal at the basest level.

I think you mean Sakura, but that's an easy mix up to make.
Spoiler:
I'd argue she at least was handled better. This... This is just bad, and pointless, and oh my god I can not put to words how much worse it was honestly handled. It's like if we got shoved everything about sakura in one day of Heaven's feel. IMAGINE THAT.

Also no, I'm actually a huge nasufag. That was also kind of condescending to assume 'Oh you MUST be new here' and kind of rude.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #66 on: June 25, 2012, 05:14:14 AM »
Spoiler:
That... Kinda sucks. I'd prefer to have seen him go rogue and travel the world, spreading the teachings of ALEXANDER THE GREAT like a lunatic. Instead he basically just... goes where he was already going. to be a great mage. I mean honestly a deal of his success probably did come from what he learned in the holy grail war, but gods DAMN that was kind of disappointing to hear.

Rider should come back and bitchslap him.

Think of it as
Spoiler:
Waver conquering his old school, smashing the old order, and ruling it with a fist of Hellenistic iron,
I think Rider would be satisfied with that.

Speaking of Hellenes, it's interesting there was only one Grecian hero this time. Last time almost half of summoned ones were >=|
« Last Edit: June 25, 2012, 06:05:04 AM by Funkapurvis »

Moerin

• What's punk? It's an explosion of suppressed dissatisfaction.
  • It's the roar of the soul!
« Reply #67 on: June 25, 2012, 03:57:32 PM »
Basically, what Purvis said.  Also, according to some official (yet possibly tongue in cheek) sources:

Spoiler:
"On a side note, Waver inherited Volumen Hydragyrum and modified it into a kind of humanoid automaton that does chores, not too unlike the liquid metal Terminator. It seems there's a troublesome bug that sometimes causes it to run out of control insisting that it's a killer robot from the future. Is it because of a harmful movie it was shown during its developmental stages?"

I don't care if this is a joke, this is now my personal canon.
The solution to all of life's problems!

#1 Rin Satsuki Fan~♥
"For hearts long lost and full of fright, for those alone in blackest night, accept our ring and join our fight... Love Conquers All -  with violet light!"

♛ Apher-Forte

• Am I to go home...or shall I stay alone?
  • Forever lost at sea, a distant bell rings for me
    • Himitsu's NSFW Blog ~ contains NSFW material
« Reply #68 on: June 25, 2012, 03:59:53 PM »
Basically, what Purvis said.  Also, according to some official (yet possibly tongue in cheek) sources:

Spoiler:
"On a side note, Waver inherited Volumen Hydragyrum and modified it into a kind of humanoid automaton that does chores, not too unlike the liquid metal Terminator. It seems there's a troublesome bug that sometimes causes it to run out of control insisting that it's a killer robot from the future. Is it because of a harmful movie it was shown during its developmental stages?"

I don't care if this is a joke, this is now my personal canon.

why can't it think of itself as
Spoiler:
a robot maid from the future in the form of liquid metal?

<-- my artwork thread, click me!
[ Find my cosplay photos here. ] OMG I HAVE TUMBLR FOLLOW PLZX Will You Remember Me... ?

Edible

« Reply #69 on: June 25, 2012, 05:47:19 PM »
Also no, I'm actually a huge nasufag. That was also kind of condescending to assume 'Oh you MUST be new here' and kind of rude.

... I'm really not sure how you came to that conclusion?  I genuinely had no idea if you had played the game or not. <_<

Chaore

« Reply #70 on: June 25, 2012, 06:45:41 PM »
... I'm really not sure how you came to that conclusion?  I genuinely had no idea if you had played the game or not. <_<

...sorry I guess I read it a bit wrong. I didn't know you meant it as 'I don't know if this means anything to you, but...' and thought it meant 'You've clearly never read x'.

Mea culpa.

Edible

« Reply #71 on: June 25, 2012, 08:30:09 PM »
No harm no foul. o7

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #72 on: June 26, 2012, 06:04:10 AM »
A thing that bothers me, on reflection. Berserker's deal was that he could turn whatever he wielded into a noble phantasm, right?
Spoiler:
So why was this a thing that Lancelot could do? I'm not that up on my Arthurian legends, but I don't recall Lancelot being know as the improv weapon king or anything. Maybe I'm wrong?

Barrakketh

• You're suddenly Director of Fixing That Shit!
  • Vice President of It's Your Problem Now.
« Reply #73 on: June 26, 2012, 07:19:46 AM »
A thing that bothers me, on reflection. Berserker's deal was that he could turn whatever he wielded into a noble phantasm, right?
Spoiler:
So why was this a thing that Lancelot could do? I'm not that up on my Arthurian legends, but I don't recall Lancelot being know as the improv weapon king or anything. Maybe I'm wrong?
It's based on this bit:

"It were shame," said Lancelot, "for an armed to slay an unarmed man."

"Thou hast no other favor from me," said Sir Phelot.

"Alas!" cried Sir Lancelot, "that ever any knight should die weaponless!" And looking overhead, he saw a great bough without leaves, and wrenched it off the tree, and suddenly leaped down. Then Sir Phelot struck at him eagerly, thinking to have slain him, but Sir Lancelot put aside the stroke with the bough, and therewith smote him on the side of the head, till he fell swooning to the ground. And tearing his sword from out his hands, he shore his neck through from the body. Then did the lady shriek dismally, and swooned as though she would die. But Sir Lancelot put on his armor, and with haste took his horse and departed thence, thanking God he had escaped that peril.

Hence the ability's name, Knight of Honor: A Knight Does Not Die with Empty Hands.
Cheating? I cannot even wrap my head around the point of it. Wouldn't you know you had cheated? How on Earth could you maintain crisp certainty of your superiority to all others? And if you're unable to do that, what's the point of anything?