Author Topic: In C82 What kind of game will Zun publish?  (Read 32601 times)

Aba Matindesu!

• keep it gwiyoming
  • DASEU RAESISSEU
Re: In C82 What kind of game will Zun publish?
« Reply #30 on: February 15, 2012, 10:07:34 AM »
Menstrual Mima is a plot in itself, and will be all the plot a game needs.

teets mi hao 2 2hu teets mi teets mi hao 2 2hu

Nekomata-chan

« Reply #31 on: February 15, 2012, 09:26:28 PM »
And of course Sakuya will be the alternative PC, while Orin takes Sanae to burn in hell.

I think everybody wants to see that happen. Now, just to find out where Okuu left my cart...

Irate Researchers

• The Collector of Useless Facts
  • Consider the following...
    • Devart
« Reply #32 on: February 18, 2012, 05:17:54 PM »
Rika returns with the powers of pure SCIENCE.

She now has an even bigger tank.  Which makes Evil Eye Sigma look like a cakewalk.

Of course, she's just the midboss for Mima.

Spiderpig2398

• The One in all direcions
« Reply #33 on: February 18, 2012, 11:24:14 PM »
Something that involves tilting the mouse someone breaking the Spell Card Duel rules.

And that person is Mima.

Aba Matindesu!

• keep it gwiyoming
  • DASEU RAESISSEU
« Reply #34 on: February 19, 2012, 01:43:23 AM »
Something that involves tilting the mouse someone breaking the Spell Card Duel rules.

And that person is Mima.
Touhou Soccer?

teets mi hao 2 2hu teets mi teets mi hao 2 2hu

Formless God

« Reply #35 on: February 19, 2012, 04:54:48 AM »

yorihime999

« Reply #36 on: February 23, 2012, 07:34:20 AM »
It sounds like there are impossible  :flowerpower:

RSFiye

• Studying, studying, studying...
  • ...learning to control this rod.
« Reply #37 on: February 23, 2012, 05:49:38 PM »
Full Game: Touhou 14 "Youkai War"

Especially with the nonsense that happened at the end of 12/13, with Nue calling on her best friend to take out 13's boss (Can't remember the 13th game's characters for the life of me). Along with some element of timing, another Multiplayer Danmaku game sounds about right on time.

Scarlet Bellflower

• I stand around doing nothing...
« Reply #38 on: March 07, 2012, 01:01:52 PM »
I wish for a fighting game, or an expansion for Hisoutensoku with the rest of the Touhou cast. Eirin vs Kaguya.
"Touhou is like the 60's in Mississippi, only you play as a white cop against an horde of civil rights protesters armed to the teeth." - A friend.

iK

• Triple Teasing Charicature
« Reply #39 on: March 07, 2012, 02:37:30 PM »
Man now I want a new fighter too.

MIMA VS MIMA 3: FATE OF TWO MIMAS.
[☰] [☴] [☵] [☶] [☷] [☳] [☲] [☱]

« Reply #40 on: March 07, 2012, 03:07:15 PM »
What happened to the first two?

XephyrEnigma

• :|
  • XephyrEnigma
« Reply #41 on: March 07, 2012, 03:30:56 PM »

This is so intense it skips over the first two.
Iced-Fairy: "Danmaku is like soccer, except instead of hooligans you get fairies and the riot is before the game." 

My YouTube channel where I often screw about - Latest Upload: IN Border Team Easy Clear

« Reply #42 on: March 07, 2012, 04:14:03 PM »
they never existed

just like mima

« Reply #43 on: March 08, 2012, 12:30:35 AM »

in b4 Super Ultimate MvsM3: Arcade Edition Continuum S
Spoiler:
hift
EX
Spoiler:
tend

I wish for a fighting game, or an expansion for Hisoutensoku with the rest of the Touhou cast. Eirin vs Kaguya.

in b4 Eirin continues being better than Kaguya (and I'd rather see a more competitive, deep and fun Touhou fighting game, while still appealing to people who don't play fighting games)
neku: now for something important.
Translations.
How much time do you guys think it will take for HM to be translated? Besides everyone's story modes and the whole menus, there's also the fact that the way HM's programmed is different from all other games. I bet it'll take two months.

lusvik: I don't mind about playing HM in japanese. The language of punching other people is international.

Irate Researchers

• The Collector of Useless Facts
  • Consider the following...
    • Devart
« Reply #44 on: March 08, 2012, 01:43:59 AM »
It's going to just be a big image file of Mima zun-art.

And her profile.

Gpop

• Subconscious Rose Girl, Koishi
  • FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #45 on: March 08, 2012, 01:57:39 AM »

Mima is so OP inb4 Mima health nerf

« Reply #46 on: March 08, 2012, 02:09:21 AM »
Mima is so OP inb4 Mima health nerf

obligatory (also, if the game has only Mima, I can see her going into a lower tier)
Translations.
How much time do you guys think it will take for HM to be translated? Besides everyone's story modes and the whole menus, there's also the fact that the way HM's programmed is different from all other games. I bet it'll take two months.

lusvik: I don't mind about playing HM in japanese. The language of punching other people is international.

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
    • Sanmaat (site of personal tat)
« Reply #47 on: March 11, 2012, 01:32:54 AM »
obligatory (also, if the game has only Mima, I can see her going into a lower tier)
:getdown: :getdown:

Mima will turn out as the top, middle, and bottom tier in what could probably be the most balanced fighter we've ever seen. :V
C:DOS> ayayaya.mid
Bad command or file name

C:>_

Esper

• <Temporary Title>
  • <Temporary Text>
LOL
« Reply #48 on: March 11, 2012, 05:10:54 AM »
Here is my idea for the 14th game's plot with Mima involved.

Marisa was snoozing in the Forest of Magic when suddenly, a big flock of yukkuris flew over! Then it became apparent that Cirno announced herself the Queen of Ice and Smart People! Then Keine caved some bitches and Marisa didn't really care about that so Marisa ran off to kick Cirno's butt and she got stopped by Mima and got pwned by her awesomeness! THEN SHE CONTINUED and then kicked Mima in the groin because it was a secret that she was actually a man! After that, Marisa went on and Mima came back, this time wearing a cup! After this, Marisa poked Mima between the eyes and ran! Marisa went on and found Luna Child and MIIIMAAAAAAAA talking.

"I WILL BEAT YOU MARISA!" shouted Mima, exuberantly. "ME AND MAH PARTNER LUNAH CHYYYULD"

"How am I involved in this?" Luna Child said, surprised.

"BECAUSE." Mima shouted.

But then Marisa MASUTA SUPAKKU'D THE FUCK OUT OF THOSE BITCHES

Now repeat the same scenario for Star Sapphire and Sunny Milk.

Marisa ran up to Cirno and bent her over her knee and began to spank her violently because she was being a naughty little girl who was up way past her bedtime AND THEN SENT HER STRAIGHT TO BED.

THE END.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2012, 05:13:40 AM by Esupanitix »
My profile picture is whimsy until I feel like adding something else.

Enjoy.

« Reply #49 on: March 11, 2012, 08:51:13 PM »
Full Game: Touhou 14 "Youkai War"

Especially with the nonsense that happened at the end of 12/13, with Nue calling on her best friend to take out 13's boss (Can't remember the 13th game's characters for the life of me). Along with some element of timing, another Multiplayer Danmaku game sounds about right on time.
Ah yes, that would be nice. I just overall want to know more of the UFO cast and their story, but that's unlikely unless there's a manga. Though I guess that's what SoPm will be for.
I may suck at the fighting games but an expansion of Hisoutensoku that includes Kaguya/Eirin and Mokou would be amazing. I'm kinda hoping we do get another fighting game this year though, either way.

PapillonReel

• Liquid Snake
  • I'm actually pretty patient.
« Reply #50 on: March 12, 2012, 07:36:04 AM »

Oh my goodness, this. At the very least, I'd like to see Wriggle, Nitori, Mokou and Kaguya get their due at some point; it was a damn shame they got cut from Soku at the last minute. It'd be even better if Keine and her headbutt no jitsu were worked in somehow because hell to the yeah.

As for a C82 game: this isn't really so much as a prediction as it is a vain hope, but I'd like to see ZUN go back and remake/rerelease the PC-98 games. Between their insane scarcity and his insistence that the games aren't canon, but the characters are still the same as their Windows counterparts leads me to believe (or at least pray) that he plans on revisiting them at some point.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2012, 07:42:40 AM by PapillonReel »

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #51 on: March 12, 2012, 07:58:32 AM »
I think I might be the only one here, but I think I'd like to see Zun try something new. I mean, not a shooter (camera game counts), or a fighter. Though prob not a VN either, not that I have anything against VNs, but in-game stories, and the few Zun books I've read were not exactly enjoyable for me.

« Reply #52 on: March 12, 2012, 09:27:04 AM »
I like all of the books Zun so far. The least enjoyable one for me was Curiosity of Lotus Asia. The others are good, Silent Sinner in Blue, Cage in Lunatic Runagate, Inaba of Moon/Earth, 3 Fairies manga, Wild and Horned Hermit. Of course, those are only interesting if you enjoy mainly slice of life stuff.

@PapillonReel:
Zun might reintroduce PC-98 characters, but as for remaking the games themselves, I don't really see that happening.

Maybe Zun will make another game that uses the Highly Responsive to Prayer's mechanic...

« Reply #53 on: March 12, 2012, 11:37:08 AM »
Maybe Zun will make another game that uses the Highly Responsive to Prayer's mechanic...
Don't even say that!

PapillonReel

• Liquid Snake
  • I'm actually pretty patient.
« Reply #54 on: March 12, 2012, 06:42:45 PM »

The next game will be a fighter called Highly Responsive to Pain, starring Reimu and two Mimas and it'll be built using the HRtP engine and released as part of a limited run for the PC-98. You heard it here first, folks!

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #55 on: March 13, 2012, 03:49:27 AM »
The next game will be a fighter called Highly Responsive to Pain, starring Reimu and two Mimas and it'll be built using the HRtP engine and released as part of a limited run for the PC-98. You heard it here first, folks!

That's a very appropriately-named game.

Bringing back the HRtP gameplay would be hilarious, especially if he did build it for the PC-98 system (the CD could include a ZUN-built emulator). Especially if he waited two years before releasing it, as Touhou 14.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

« Reply #56 on: March 13, 2012, 04:24:02 AM »
I like all of the books Zun so far. The least enjoyable one for me was Curiosity of Lotus Asia. The others are good, Silent Sinner in Blue, Cage in Lunatic Runagate, Inaba of Moon/Earth, 3 Fairies manga, Wild and Horned Hermit. Of course, those are only interesting if you enjoy mainly slice of life stuff.

@PapillonReel:
Zun might reintroduce PC-98 characters, but as for remaking the games themselves, I don't really see that happening.

this reminds me of this game, though I haven't played it yet

Don't even say that!

HRtP is unfairly underappreciated, probably due to the unintuitive gameplay (getting used to dashing for movement and getting the timing for maneuvering the orb with the ofuda, maybe getting used to bombing for score and suiciding for lowering rank and gaining bombs), but it was a nice concept and execution (the patterns are designed around the gohei and ofuda, and chaining tiles with either bomb or orb is fun).

As for a fighting game, I may be repeating myself (about wanting a game that satisfies people who want deep fighting games) but a new system which optionally allows the player to mix elements from IaMP and Soku (IaMP's autofire shots, melee options, startup speed, emphasis on bullet zoning combined with melee, defensive bomb system, Soku's chargeup shots, and maybe some elements from more recent games like roman cancel, just defend -- doesn't have to be like Garou's JDs, maybe just lower the chip damage or spirit damage or increase pushback or reduce blockstun --, EX attacks -- that would maybe require more than 4 buttons not counting shortcut keys --, normal throws/throw breaks and finally some elements from the Touhou shmups like shot types, spell card boss modes, graze meter.. I'm just throwing ideas, hoping that they could be possibly balanced and not need to be cut out as much. Would like to see characters have unique abilities -- example: Cirno freezing bullets like in GFW -- or some sort of character customization like Arcana Heart's Arcanas -- could be even a partner, for example --, I like the idea of how the gameplay would look and play like, though it's difficult to think of something that hasn't been done before.)
Translations.

« Reply #57 on: March 13, 2012, 10:05:30 AM »
HRtP is unfairly underappreciated...
I dislike games where I'm killed by my own weapon more often than the enemies. :V

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #58 on: March 13, 2012, 11:49:41 AM »
I dislike games that remind me of Jailbreak.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #59 on: March 14, 2012, 01:06:33 AM »
A Super smash bros style Touhou "fighting" game would be cool now that I think of it... Not really sure what kinda genre that series is...