Author Topic: The King and His Kingdom : Guilty Crown thread  (Read 8638 times)

♛ Apher-Forte

• Am I to go home...or shall I stay alone?
  • Forever lost at sea, a distant bell rings for me
    • Himitsu's NSFW Blog ~ contains NSFW material
The King and His Kingdom : Guilty Crown thread
« on: February 12, 2012, 12:07:50 PM »
I consider this one of the better two cour anime I watched in a while, disregarding all the reviews about inconsistent characters etc.

Guilty crown on ANN: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=13001

Guilty crown songs (which are incredibly awesome for a show, all OP, ED, IN songs are fantastic, especially the orchestra tracks)

[ギルティクラウン] Guilty Crown OP - My Dearest ~ Supercell

Bioc - IN Theme
Guilty Crown OST - 13. κr0nё Ochestra background song

This week:

Spoiler:
It is already into season two and Shu only now awakens into King mode... and it last all the moment till Argo shows up. Seriously... I thought he knew, but Sawamura is just one manipulative guy ain't he, I really like how he was saved by Shu, had his brother killed by him, and now this. I was thinking he is doing all this just to get back at him, but no, he clearly cares for Shu and clearly wants this kingdom to live beyond this episode.

Also, GAI, defying yet again the trope of people don't die when they are killed. I can only wonder why would SIR-GUY would want to join forces with him, my theory for this is that he is basically more closer to chaotic-evil, he is just this joker he works his magic by fucking shit up even for his boss. Meanwhile, chances of insane blond x Tsugumi is high, he seems can't stop thinking about her lol.

How the hell did Inori changed from 'reluctant to let Shu get her void' last episode to 'I totally volunteered to be his supporter as Queen to King' in this episode. and fuck, did she just maimed Kuhouin or is this some act?  :V

<-- my artwork thread, click me!
[ Find my cosplay photos here. ] OMG I HAVE TUMBLR FOLLOW PLZX Will You Remember Me... ?

Amraphenson

• The problem is, you're a friend that likes to talk!
  • ...well, I am too!
Re: The King and His Kingdom : Guilty Crown thread
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2012, 10:42:46 PM »
I....don't know what to think about Shu right now. Honestly. I understand where he's coming from, but...wow. Kinda finding it even harder to like him.
Sugoiiii~
[23:02] <~Iced> You have sown the seeds of your own destruction Amra.
[23:20] <Stuffman> enjoy your personally crafted hell Amra

Drake

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2012, 11:23:03 PM »
Spoiler:
Also, GAI, defying yet again the trope of people don't die when they are killed.
Spoiler:
This is actually really annoying because Gai's death should have been the catalyst for Shu actually becoming not-wimp. Of course it'll probably happen soon enough, but bringing Gai back from the dead is just nullifying his cause and messing up the writing direction. What's also silly is that Shu idolizes Gai for the whole damn series, then when he dies in a heroic fashion Shu goes "welp" and stops grieving. He ignores Hare's feelings for, again, the whole series, then when she confesses suddenly she's super-important and when she dies now he spirals downwards. What's even more silly is that when he learns that it was her Void breaking, and not a GHQ weapon that killed her, he doesn't go "Well now it makes sense, instead of being killed by a bioweapon, she sacrificed herself to save me, now her death is much more meaningful"; nor does he go "I should probably listen to why she thought I was a good person in the first place (which is presumably why she suddenly was meaningful to him) instead of going herp derp crazy". I mean even when he spiraled into overlord-mode, he still acknowledged that he was still just doing it for everyone even if it was misguided, which is what most people expected out of him. But refusing to acknowledge Hare's wishes even though he only went crazy because she died and she was suddenly important, is an incredibly obtuse mistake on the writers' part. It's like they build him up only to ignore absolutely all of it and just fall back on "well it's shu but now he's totalitarian and less forgiving".

Meanwhile, chances of insane blond x Tsugumi is high, he seems can't stop thinking about her lol.
I actually like this guy's development. He basically kills people because he's angry at the world (i.e. his father) for ignoring him and basically having nobody that cares about him. His kill-everyone attitude is ironically what makes everybody else fear him and keep him at a distance. Once he kills his father, he suddenly has nobody left to even hope to care about him, and then Tsugumi butts in and says some things that most people would find extremely insignificant and most people even watching that scene just shrugged it off, but it hits him like a sack of bricks. This is nice writing.

Spoiler:
How the hell did Inori changed from 'reluctant to let Shu get her void' last episode to 'I totally volunteered to be his supporter as Queen to King' in this episode. and fuck, did she just maimed Kuhouin or is this some act?  :V
Spoiler:
spoilers it's mana

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

♛ Apher-Forte

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2012, 08:55:22 AM »
Spoiler:
ain't she already like... dead and crystalized under that lab or something? or rather she is in that crystal thing and Inori is her clone so... aw fuck it. Guilty Crown reminds me of every Hong Kong Manhua ever, the writing is precisely this
[ Find my cosplay photos here. ] OMG I HAVE TUMBLR FOLLOW PLZX Will You Remember Me... ?

Widermelonz

• Delicious
  • Yum
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2012, 12:32:23 PM »
I thought it was kinda funny how, at the end of episode 17
Spoiler:
when Shu got his arm cut off, it seemed like he was more concerned about losing his Void power than losing his arm.

Spoiler:
Man, Shu's going through a lot of shit right now, I kinda feel bad for him.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2012, 01:00:41 PM by Widermelonz »

♛ Apher-Forte

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2012, 05:00:54 AM »
I utterly love the fact that

Spoiler:
GAI MOTHERFUCKING DON'T DIE WHEN HE IS KILLED
(again) and at this point I really didn't think charisma break would fit, everyone, including Arisa went from 'ok, do whatever you want with my body and give me some info' with that chucklefuck broke me, but two minutes later she is ochestrating for Gai's comeback, how the fuck did she even knew Gai was coming back etc?

DAMN YOU WRITERS, YOU MADE HARE'S DEATH ENTIRELY MEANINGLESS NOW ARE YOU SATISFIED?

Drake

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2012, 08:30:38 AM »
this is such a clusterfuck

Spoiler:
-arisa is suddenly gai-cockmongling superbitch who doesn't seem to care that gai just killed three students and cut off shu's arm
-she kills her grandpa and is totally okay with it immediately after because she wants gai's dick
-there's also absolutely no reason for him to be killed off and replaced by some random new chick, literally nothing happened from his death
-entire new conspiracy group comes out of fucking nowhere and actually has to be introduced to the viewer through the random new character that replaces grandpa because we've never had a blip of them before now (holy SHIT this is bad)
-yes there are suddenly 256 giant space laser nukes that you control when you were struggling to capture only one of them earlier
-gai????????????????
-what the hell inori
-writers are going "yeah we foreshadowed this totally" no you fucking didn't you just cut to black every goddamn time
-hare's death isn't even relevant at all anymore????

On the plus side, Shu was utterly hilarious this episode. In a completely schadenfreude way, but hilarious nonetheless. Hopefully this is his last complete character flip because seriously writers get your shit together. His last pose is a traditional signal that they're finally done, but god damn you can never tell with this show. Also Daryl is still getting good development but there are only a few episodes left for him to be relevant without him ending up as some stupid one-shot plot device, or even worse, not relevant at all.

♛ Apher-Forte

« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2012, 04:42:31 PM »
I agree with that post entirely, at this point all I can say is a clustercosmofuck that is utterly in tune with every fucking hong kong man hua plot ever.

* ♛ 少女の醜態るるる~~夢~天国 struggles to explain away with this:
Spoiler:
Arisa: okay forget it
Granpa's death: because Japan is not complete without at least one valiant samurai death
conspiracy group: because there are 2 void users as expected, so yeah... maybe it was him all along... that kid.
apparently everyone including Gai is an alien from outer space
256 space nukes? I bet they are all voids.
Hare's death is lol forgotten

please very please do not fucking flip the bird on us yo.

Amraphenson

• ...well, I am too!
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2012, 09:53:57 PM »
Spoiler:
I always like saying that people are off drugs whenever you have dramatic eye style changes like the end of 18. Shu stopped stoning!
Sugoiiii~

♛ Apher-Forte

« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2012, 02:28:56 AM »
You mean to tell me all the coordinators/neo-humans are on drugs?
whot?

but at this point I am pretty sure everything is just one train heading to the ends of the lollercoaster channel.

Widermelonz

• Delicious
  • Yum
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2012, 11:41:43 AM »
I have a feeling that the ending is gonna get rushed like hell unless they announce a second season. There's only 4 episodes left.

Also, the only characters in this show that I don't hate are Shu, Hare, sometimes Inori, Daryl, Segai, and Dan Eagleman. And maybe Ayase and Tsugumi. Everyone else can go die in a fire. And I'm still pissed that the whole deal with Hare just became irrelevant, she was my favorite character.

♛ Apher-Forte

« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2012, 04:52:12 PM »
and hence why making Tsugumi the perfect waifu first and foremost was the best choice I made.

Ayase is fine up to a point, to be frank she hasn't been relevant even with wheelchair moe power.

actually all characters seem to have been rendered irrelevant somehow at this point.

Widermelonz

• Delicious
  • Yum
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2012, 06:27:23 PM »
hoooooooly fuck, this episode

Amraphenson

• ...well, I am too!
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2012, 11:11:07 PM »

no fucking joke.
Sugoiiii~

♛ Apher-Forte

« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2012, 02:50:18 PM »

TRIPLE HOLY CUNTING WAFFLE FUCK
Spoiler:

did this pull out a sudden MARVEL SUPERHERO on me? better yet, did Shu just BECAME A GUNDAM?
I pretty much came when BioS started playing in the background during that sequence

1. SERGEI YOU AWESOME GAY ASS VOID FETISH MOTHERFUCKER
2. DAT GLORIOUS SHU
3. DAT HARUKA'S ASS *damn dat bodysuit for making me urp
4. DAT AYASE BOOBS *it is hard not to notice her size seem to increase after each episode
5. HIS goddamn void is basically Jesusware? it takes suffering sickness and transfers to him?

« Last Edit: March 02, 2012, 02:55:07 PM by ♛ 少女の醜態るるる~~夢~天国 »

♛ Apher-Forte

« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2012, 04:54:58 AM »
This week on GC:

Shu becomes Jesus.

I am terribly terribly disappointed, I expected some royal NOT FRIENDSHIP condition.
I really wanted to see someone die, and preferably a good guy because they already killed off Sir Gay.
 (I mean he is a terribly gay/happy person isn't he? he should have lived to the end to be the one who puts the final bullet into Mana or something)

Amraphenson

• ...well, I am too!
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2012, 05:55:21 AM »
On the plus side
Spoiler:
Shu's actual mom is really fucking hot.
Sugoiiii~

♛ Apher-Forte

« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2012, 08:50:36 AM »
On the plus side
Spoiler:
Shu's actual mom is really fucking hot.
No way, there was what... a total 1 minute of his mom?
Haruka is my thang. dat ass.

Amraphenson

• ...well, I am too!
« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2012, 04:39:05 PM »
No way, there was what... a total 1 minute of his mom?
Haruka is my thang. dat ass.

Not even that much, but man. dem glasses.
Sugoiiii~

Drake

« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2012, 09:16:40 AM »
oh boy, another episode where they throw large chunks of plot revelation at you all at once so things make a bit more sense before launching us into the final two! thanks for that, but you could have integrated it into other episodes if you had foreshadowed properly and slowly revealed the plot piece by piece like good writers!

Amraphenson

• ...well, I am too!
« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2012, 04:17:18 PM »
Guilty Crown. Where everything but the actual plot is gorgeous. :V
Sugoiiii~

♛ Apher-Forte

« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2012, 05:16:12 PM »
I totally expected that, NOT.

Widermelonz

• Delicious
  • Yum
« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2012, 05:10:06 PM »
oh my god what the fuck i mad

Well that was fun while it lasted.

« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2012, 12:17:23 AM »
Spoiler:
Fyu-neru has children. wut
Expected ending.
NO IT WASN'T.

♛ Apher-Forte

« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2012, 07:09:31 PM »
ADGSJAGDHFGAFFFFSHGAYASELIVESYDUFSJHSJFLF

* ♛ 少女の醜態るるる~~夢~天国 kneels and thanks the Gods.

lol captcha on the episode page - Wheelchair dieds,le
« Last Edit: March 23, 2012, 07:11:34 PM by ♛ 少女の醜態るるる~~夢~天国 »

Drake

« Reply #25 on: March 26, 2012, 07:52:09 AM »
well

that was a... satisfying? ending, i guess

or something