Author Topic: "Games You're Playing Right Now" Thread: The Contested Sequel  (Read 146051 times)

Azure Lazuline

• Looooove!!
  • PM me for free huggles and love!
    • Entanma Project - indie game development
Re: "Games You're Playing Right Now" Thread: The Contested Sequel
« Reply #390 on: January 18, 2011, 05:11:55 PM »
I finally got around to playing Mega Man and Bass, the last of the sidescrollers in the series that I haven't played yet. It could use way less instant-death traps (I know, it's Mega Man, but they still overdo it even by those standards), but it had the best overall selection of boss fights in my opinion, as well as way more replayability than normal due to 2 characters, collectible data disks, and lots of choices with upgrades. Plus the graphics and animations are amazing, with normal Mega Man music (in other words, really good).

Angelfire

• Oh, you can't help that.
  • Mostly everyone's mad here.
« Reply #391 on: January 18, 2011, 06:31:00 PM »
Ace Combat Zero: The Belkan War - AGAIN. This time, I'm trying to beat it with just the F-15 and variations
Gran Turismo 5 - The graphics, man. The graphics. :yumemi:
Without beginning or end

The ring stretches on into the infinite.

Alice★f

• That uncanny smile...
  • Kuroya Shinobu strikes again
    • TsundereWorks' Mo? Blog
« Reply #392 on: January 19, 2011, 01:33:32 AM »
lol how does that suck- and does grinding to 99 in P4 also max your stats?
Female MC
Fighting against Elizabeth
Hard Mode
Got Maragidyne'd
Took 1218 Damage. Didn't even survive one turn.

I'm going to have to do this fight in Normal. Lowers the cost of the compendium as well, so it's easier to hit 100%. I currently have 84%.

Yeah, LV99 in P4 maxes out your HP and SP.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2011, 01:35:43 AM by GVTW❖ »

DeviantArtPixivTsundere WorksYoutubeNEW! Liz Triangle's S4U
日本語勉強中 | Touhou Hard Modo Gamer

Phlegeth

• DPS LFG
  • Time expired: 121:45
« Reply #393 on: January 19, 2011, 02:32:15 AM »
Playing Prototype and Mass Effect.  Finally got access to a 360 and can play a buttload of games I've always wanted too.  Mostly playing Prototype right now.  That game is just fun.  Later missions are a pain in the ass though.

Wisp

• Oh?
  • Asuka, asuka, asuka...
« Reply #394 on: January 19, 2011, 04:14:05 AM »
Perfect World. Dull quests and combat, but nice music and large game world. Also love the ridiculous jumping. Jumping across rooftops makes me think of parkour.
They think I'll think that they'll do (A) so they'll do (B) because I wouldn't think they'd think of that but then because they might think I know what they're thinking they'll do (A) after all because I wouldn't think they'd think that way.

Formless God

« Reply #395 on: January 21, 2011, 11:17:34 PM »
Mabinogi: Heroes, since it's just been updated again. The Spark and Moonchopper were bad enough, but Blood Lord just rapes a party of four easy.

Mostly playing Prototype right now.  That game is just fun.  Later missions are a pain in the ass though.
I temporarily dropped this game months ago after the 14th-ish mission for Suwacko knows what reason. I really need to resume this, it's fun as hell :3

Reddyne

• Give me love and money. I have the rest already.
  • Love and money coming from you is what I need.
« Reply #396 on: January 23, 2011, 07:43:41 PM »
Just started Mass Effect 2. It's taken a bit to get used to, and I confess that I prefer the previous, more RPG style game. Still, the plot starts off real strong and I'm having a rough time pulling myself away. Man, three sentences after I meet her, and I already want Miranda to be hurled from a burning building onto some nice squishy pavement below. Gratitude be damned in favor of kindness.

TA-DAAAAAAA! 61 blood donations and counting! 
Best Mile: 5:30
Best 5k: 18:07
Best Marathon: 3:23:16

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #397 on: January 27, 2011, 06:57:51 AM »
Finally beat DKCR 100% (not counting the puzzle pieces because ha ha old chap no). Still on EO3 though; In the post-game, where as usual the game gets really nasty. Just the way I like it. >:D
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

The ⑨th Zentillion

• The impeaches were delicious...
  • Now hungry for conviction!
    • Zentillion's Tumblr
« Reply #398 on: January 28, 2011, 11:26:45 AM »
Finally got FFVII to work on my computer, so I'm playing that. BV Man, what dated 3D graphics... oh well. Just got Aerith back to her house.
Did you bring a light?
...No...

Smash the Fash; The far right belongs in the TRASH.

« Reply #399 on: January 29, 2011, 04:39:48 AM »
1) read Baity's sig
2) try to get 6x multipliers to see if it's possible (while trying to see if it was possible to beat litengfei's score
litengfei > 692750分=w= (11/1/28 21:02:44 ID:fb8a9efc)
3) ...
4) awesomeness!

link to the page/game

well, I didn't think I'd do well on this playthrough, but then I looked at the timer... it seems I've chained a lot of red ufos this time. Does anyone know what do I gain if I get 5 bombs? Also, what's the advantages of getting rainbow ufos?

edit:
« Last Edit: January 29, 2011, 11:17:20 PM by shadowbringer »
neku: now for something important.
Translations.
How much time do you guys think it will take for HM to be translated? Besides everyone's story modes and the whole menus, there's also the fact that the way HM's programmed is different from all other games. I bet it'll take two months.

lusvik: I don't mind about playing HM in japanese. The language of punching other people is international.

Emarrel

• Something of pokeballs
« Reply #400 on: January 29, 2011, 11:42:02 PM »
Got Katamari Forever for my birthday today. I didn't get an opportunity to play Damacy, so this is my first Katamari game.

HELL YEAH, THIS GAME IS GODDAMN AWESOME and the soundtrack is really nice too.

Grand Octopus

• is approaching fast
  • onegai Zeppy-san
« Reply #401 on: January 30, 2011, 03:06:44 PM »
Sonic 3 and Knuckles.

Still so awesome.

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
« Reply #402 on: January 30, 2011, 03:29:09 PM »
Finally started Super Mario Galaxy 2.

Took me long enough. >_<

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

Phlegeth

• DPS LFG
  • Time expired: 121:45
« Reply #403 on: January 30, 2011, 05:40:44 PM »
Dragon Age Origins.  I did something so awesome in the game that it couldn't handle it and froze.  I was fighting
Spoiler:
Andreste the Dragon
and it picked Sten up in it's mouth and flew away.  Sten was wearing the Blood Dragon Set and the Rainbow Butterfly Sword and the combination of that and him already being the manliest character in the game was already pushing the console for all it could handle and then a dragon picked him up in it's mouth and he was trying to break free and the console just said screw it and froze.

Also playing some 3D Dot Game Heroes.  God that game makes me want to play the first Zelda.  Considering it's like one giant homage to that game I think it was on purpose.

Mr. Sacchi

• All shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.
  • Not postponed. Not in the end. Not for long.
« Reply #404 on: January 31, 2011, 12:51:53 AM »
FFXIII

GODDAMMIT, I love this game, but
Spoiler:
anti-climatic final extra boss, no fight against that "whopper of a Fal'Cie and Titan, as well as post-game being mostly Platinum Ingot/Trapzehoedron farming
is a VERY BIG no-no.

Also, Fang is overpowered, PERIOD   

Widermelonz

• Delicious
  • Yum
« Reply #405 on: January 31, 2011, 06:30:25 AM »
Mirror's Edge. So I thought I'd give this game a try. It didn't turn out to be anything great, but it wasn't that bad either. It was alright I guess. Oh well, I'm going back to play my Assassin's Creed II now.

« Reply #406 on: February 01, 2011, 10:36:42 PM »
LittleBigPlanet 2 is fucking awesome. It is to LittleBigPlanet what LittleBigPlanet was to user-created content.

My eventual goal is to make a danmaku shooter level. I figure Shinki's final pattern should be a good starting point.
All lies and all sin, all dreams and all majesty, Everything rots in this ruined hell

[The Perfect, Elegant Maid] [Pathos of the Hated People] [Music, Projects, and Art]

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
  • you'll thank me for the cropping later
« Reply #407 on: February 01, 2011, 10:58:52 PM »
LittleBigPlanet 2 is fucking awesome. It is to LittleBigPlanet what LittleBigPlanet was to user-created content.

My eventual goal is to make a danmaku shooter level. I figure Shinki's final pattern should be a good starting point.

Turn off gravity and create player switches that propel a little ship around.
Have the boss create millions of paintballs :D

Also, please tell me they've upped the Level Overheat cap.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2011, 11:06:02 PM by Skip Matthews »

Vanishing Sock Puppet

• Phantasmic Scribbler
  • brb exploding in a black hole
    • The Sock Drawer
« Reply #408 on: February 02, 2011, 01:02:23 AM »
Super Robot Wars OG2.

The hit rate in this game is weird as hell. I remember one stage where Viletta had like an 18% chance to get hit, and then proceeded to get hit three times in a row. I was mad for a while after that.

« Reply #409 on: February 02, 2011, 01:07:10 AM »
Super Robot Wars OG2.

The hit rate in this game is weird as hell. I remember one stage where Viletta had like an 18% chance to get hit, and then proceeded to get hit three times in a row. I was mad for a while after that.
It's called "the RNG gods hate you".

Savory

• I am a save frog
  • *wink*
« Reply #410 on: February 02, 2011, 02:01:34 AM »
Kingdom Hearts re:Coded.

It's fun. It's like KH meets MegaMan Battle Network.

jigglyppuff8

• Speed Anime Trance 8
  • Alco Dolce
« Reply #411 on: February 02, 2011, 02:46:37 AM »
BlazBlue: Continuum Shift. Just got an Xbox 360, so may as well use it to play weeaboo fightan gaems.

« Reply #412 on: February 02, 2011, 04:59:52 AM »
Turn off gravity and create player switches that propel a little ship around.
Have the boss create millions of paintballs :D

Also, please tell me they've upped the Level Overheat cap.

Actually, first thing I made was Patchouli's Mercury Poison spellcard. It was pretty easy, surprisingly.

And I'm pretty sure they have. I didn't notice a significant load when I was randomly dicking around.
All lies and all sin, all dreams and all majesty, Everything rots in this ruined hell

[The Perfect, Elegant Maid] [Pathos of the Hated People] [Music, Projects, and Art]

ruikomatsu

• Let's fire it up.
  • Would you like some tea?
« Reply #413 on: February 02, 2011, 05:23:50 AM »
Lord of Arcana

Not really as good as Monster Hunter, but it's nice in its own way.
The DotS thread is deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaad ; w ;

Pixiv     |     My Other Deviantart     |     Tumblr     |    MyAnimeList

Emarrel

• Something of pokeballs
« Reply #414 on: February 02, 2011, 11:11:20 PM »
Yakuza 3

I have this habit of picking up a game, playing it for a couple days and then forgetting about for anywhere between a couple weeks to a few months. Yakuza fell into the latter category.

The facial animations have me constantly impressed. They manage to look pretty damn realistic without even coming close to bordering uncanny valley at all.

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
  • you'll thank me for the cropping later
« Reply #415 on: February 03, 2011, 04:35:56 AM »
I've started one of those permanent death runs in Pokemon Diamond.
My Piplup Mabufudyne is Lv. 11, and pwns everything.
Note Dawn's surprise when I didn't have any other pokemans because the pokemans in the starting three towns are around level five

HolmCross

• Sad Robot
  • Is not a gun
« Reply #416 on: February 05, 2011, 05:28:55 AM »
Blew the dust off an old copy of Alundra, because I love old sprite based games. Also 999 whenever I've got free time in the office.

Currently waiting on Lost in Shadow to arrive in the mail and Deathsmiles to be released in PAL regions (18th Feb).
My mouth is not so much a communications tool as an exhaust port for my brain.

Twitter | Steam | Seek your own Wonderland

« Reply #417 on: February 05, 2011, 05:51:48 AM »
Well, I just bought a PS3.

And Atelier Rorona. And Final Fantasy XIII. And Demons Souls. And Crossedge.

I just wish they wouldn't assume I have a 42 inch HDTV. At least give me the option of reading text from more than two feet away.

« Reply #418 on: February 06, 2011, 12:55:08 AM »
Owning crossedge is bad?

About 45 hours in Gundam Musou 3, now trying to max out relations/sympathy and get licenses. I wish there was a less tedious way of earning cash rather than playing the Gundam fight missions again :(
"... but what is certain is that the average consumer will continue to rest easy on his Record of Agarest War pillow case knowing that his games will continue to be packaged with things that he will never look at or use" - Jeremy Petter - ENN

« Reply #419 on: February 06, 2011, 04:44:52 AM »
I bought it mostly so I could play as Ulrika, but then I recruited her and realized it was actually Marie which, while still awesome, is not AS awesome as I had hoped.

I wish they put Ulrika and Chloe in instead of Raze, Lily, and Whim.

I haven't gotten very far in it. I'm still trying to get through FFXIII, Get use to Demon Souls, and I trying way too hard to resist the Siren song of the Atelier game. If only they made a full Atelier Game with Recettear style shop management, I would never be able to leave my tv.