Author Topic: Games you can always fall back on.  (Read 9671 times)

Hyper Dunk

• I'm a Double Dragon.
  • I will fight everyone.
Re: Games you can always fall back on.
« Reply #30 on: September 21, 2011, 10:01:28 AM »
Over the years I think the games I've fallen back onto the most are Megaman 1-7 plus 8&9 more recently. I also like to go back and play Super Metroid, Fusion and Zero Mission every now and then. I find them fun to pick up and play since both series has good music, fun game play and can be beaten fairly quickly(so it can also be fun to do some marathons).  Of course I can't forget Okami, since that game will probably never cease to fill me with joy when I play it.

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #31 on: September 21, 2011, 02:14:26 PM »
I've always considered "I can return to this game and replay it" to be the ultimate sign of a good game - if, even years after you've 100%'d it, you actually want to go back and play it again, it has clearly done something very right.

So with that said...

* I go back to most of the Mega Man series.  Often.  For the most part they're short games so it's not like it's a huge timesink to do so.
* See also the Final Fantasy series; although honest FFV, FFX, and FFX-2 are probably the ones I return to most now.  I've come to really appreciate their gameplay.
* Oh, and the Metroid series.  Mainly from Super Metroid on.  (I'm so excited to get Fusion on 3DS)
* Dokapon Kingdom.  Hell yeah.
* Valkyria Chronicles series.  So many characters to use, such grandiose battles, so many ways you can challenge yourself...
* Growlanser Generations.  Possibly my favourite SRPG of all time or something, I really don't know but I do know that I fucking love it and love replaying it.  GL2 was the first game I replayed when I moved into my new apartment and I marathoned it in a day.
* Tales of Symphonia.  8D
* Games by Hideki Kamiya.  You know... Viewtiful Joe, God Hand, Bayonetta, all that fun stuff.  They're just so much fun.
* SUPER MONKEY BALL.  That is all.

I'm sure there's way more but that's what I'm seeing just looking around me.

Paper Conan

• Productivity, all day 'erry day
  • NOPE, just kidding~
« Reply #32 on: September 21, 2011, 10:09:54 PM »
* SUPER MONKEY BALL.  That is all.
This game would be in my list if AIAI DIDN'T FALL OFF THE STAGE WHEN I'M ABOUT TO DO A PERFECT HARD it was easier that Touhou.

Nem

• Grrrr!
  • Gimmie money!
« Reply #33 on: September 22, 2011, 02:40:39 PM »
Recently, I've been going back to Advance Wars: Dual Strike. It's so satisfying using Tag CO powers with Rachel and Hawke. So much AoE damage to the enemy army.

If I'm not in an Advance Wars mood, I go on WoW and shank surprise people on my Kogasa-based Rogue.
"Surprise!"
*Shadow Dance*
*3 31k Ambushes*

Would go back to Tales of Vesperia but I'm would always try to complete my Unknown Mode playthrough. If I hear "Brilliant Cataclysm" one more time...

poglogo

• ~Desu
  • For queen Suiseiseki
« Reply #34 on: September 27, 2011, 03:26:55 PM »
Bad Company and DX3 and MINECRAFT!!!!

« Reply #35 on: September 29, 2011, 03:31:53 PM »
One or other of the Pokemon games (Usually HeartGold or Platinum), or Patrician3. Unless I'm really angry and just want to beat stuff up, in which case I will reach for Fable.

HolmCross

• Sad Robot
  • Is not a gun
« Reply #36 on: October 05, 2011, 01:39:50 AM »
It used to be TF2, but I'm, giving that a break for a few months due to the amount of my life it was sucking away.

Metroidvania style Castlevanias are always reliable, love the free roaming platforming gameplay and gorgeous sprites. Lost count of the number of times I've finished SotN (at least 20-30).
The Megaman X and Zero series - Great challenges, but I always have to remaster them each time I pick them up.
Etrian Odyssey series if I need a time sink; have a save on each and often pick it up to try and push a little further into the labyrinth each time. Only completed EO2 so far, but not the 6th stratum yet.
My mouth is not so much a communications tool as an exhaust port for my brain.

Twitter | Steam | Seek your own Wonderland

shurcle

• You can nom on yourself sometimes!
« Reply #37 on: October 06, 2011, 12:30:08 AM »
When I'm bored, whatever game I remember playing last.
Usually th7, th11, th13, audiosurf, supermeatboy, that other annoying platformer about boshy.

I don't have that many games.(or I forget I have them)

Suppasleeper

• BorderSloth
  • Zzzzz
« Reply #38 on: October 08, 2011, 03:04:45 AM »
I keep going back on Sonic Adventure 2 Battle for the Gamecube.
I also like going back to play Bomberman Tournament for the GBA, Bomberman Generation for the Gamecube, Bomberman Hero for he N64, Super Bomberman 2 for the SNES... (several Bomberman games later)
My signature ran away...

fsvgm777

• One of the only Touhou fans from Luxembourg... I guess.
  • Oh, I'm just a concerned observer.
« Reply #39 on: October 08, 2011, 09:18:58 AM »
For me, it's either SMB3 for the NES (it was my first game ever), Akumajou Densetsu (悪魔城伝説) (the Japanese version of Castlevania III), Super Castlevania IV, Tetris or, if I feel really masochistic, Castlevania: The Adventure for the Game Boy (that game is bad because of the horrible jumping, but it has some nice music for a Game Boy game).

As for Touhou games: PoDD, EoSD, IN, PoFV or TD.