Author Topic: Characters You Would/Wouldn't Hang Out With  (Read 11441 times)

Ace Of Hearts

• Love Power Holder
  • *flyingninjatacklehug*
Characters You Would/Wouldn't Hang Out With
« on: June 05, 2010, 04:24:14 AM »
If you visited Gensokyo, drawing from your character knowledge, who would you choose to hang out with, and who would you avoid?

Here are my lists.  These all turned out longer than I thought.  Oh well :p

Would Hang With
Sanae.  We both love anime.  Fast friendship there.  The rest of her personality is pretty good, too; of all the girls, I think Sanae would be the one I'd bother trying to date.
Marisa.  Has a sense of adventure and loves doing things just for the fun of it.  Could lead to trouble, but what fun is life without some occasional trouble?
Nitori. I'd be immensely interested in watching her work on high-tech gadgets, whether they blow up or not.
Yuka. I can do flower appreciation; I suppose the only thing that might be a problem is her general unfriendliness toward humans.  :(
Aya.  Let's fly around and look for a scoop~
Koishi.  She understands the psyche pretty well, so if I say something misunderstandable, she'll know how I meant it.
Chen.  I'd give her catnip and pet her.

Would Visit
Eirin.  She's pretty reasonable, and her medicine would be helpful if I got sick.
Patchy.  Anytime I needed knowledge, Patchy would be my choice.  (I just wouldn't bring Marisa along.)
Reisen.  She seems friendly enough when she isn't forced to use her abilities.
Reimu.  I see no problems with an occasional cup of tea.  Just wouldn't wanna hang out with her on a regular basis; she seems to lead a pretty bland life when she's not resolving an incident.
Cirno.  Good for a laugh every now and again.
Yuyuko.  I could only take so much of her aloofness in one sitting.
I would go to a performance held by the Prismriver Sisters.
Minamitsu.  I'd actually like to hear stories about how things were before she died, and stories about all the various ships she's sunken afterward.
Komachi.  She'd be on my "would hang with" list, if it weren't for Sikieiki's attention to whether or not Koma's doing her job.

Would Not Hang With
Actually, most of these girls I could hold a conversation with; I just wouldn't spend hours with them.
Suika.  She's fun and stuff, but I don't really drink.
Satori.  I'm not afraid of my mind getting read; it's just that I'd think hanging out with someone who could easily complete your sentences would be utterly boring.
Hatate.  She strikes me as immature.
Utsuho.  The girl is an airhead.  And a little too obsessed with keeping foreign substances out of the reactor.  o.o
Remilia. Vampires creep me out a bit.  And this one's a self-centered brat.
Youmu.  It's not that she's a tomboy.  It's that she's a bit too obsessed with her swords.  ...and using them to cut things.
Parsee.  I really don't want to hear about everything in the world she's jealous of.  I'd leave depressed.  -.-
Yukari.  She's just...freakish.

Would Be Deathly Afraid of Pissing Off
Alice.  She holds back a great deal, which means if anyone truly angered her, it would more than hurt.  I know she's polite in conversation, but cheauvenists such as herself really rub me the wrong way, so I think I'd have to avoid speaking with her at length.
Flandre.  We all know why.
Sakuya.  I'd be fine in conversing with her, but I would absolutely not want to be around if somebody made her mad.  That would not be fun.
Of the four energies which inspire action, those who have Love Power are inspired to do for others out of kindness and generosity; those who act upon Love Power are patient, kind, and caring.

atoms2ashes

• I am lame, and I shall not be forced to become otherwise.
  • Fresco makes everything better.
Re: Characters You Would/Wouldn't Hang Out With
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2010, 04:27:02 AM »
If the Gensokyo girls were real, they would hang out with other people in Gensokyo and think we're weird.

Blackraptor

• Furniture
  • The guy with the thing over there at the place
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2010, 04:29:21 AM »
Honestly...I'd make a beeline to Kourindou and ask Rinnosuke to put in a good word for any and all Youkai/Humans that frequent the shop in exchange for knowledge about the outside world and the goodies therein.

Head over to the Human Village to check out Keine's school and spend a few days reading about the Gensokyo Chronicles in Akyu's place. Meet Mokou if possible and see if she really does run a Yakitori stand.

I probably can't get to the Moriya Shrine to visit Sanae and the rest because LOL! Youkai Mountain!

atoms2ashes

• I am lame, and I shall not be forced to become otherwise.
  • Fresco makes everything better.
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2010, 04:36:35 AM »
The first stop for every spirited-away human is Keine's place, where they are sheltered until they get used to the weirdness.

After that, they are not advised to exit the Village because Youkai might eat them.

So basically, we can visit Reimu, Keine, Mokou, Mystia (since she runs a lamprey stand), Yuyuko, since she's a customer, Youmu for obvious reasons, Marisa to visit her dad, and maybe Alice if she gets bored and tags along. Also, we'll see Reisen for a small bit, and Eirin. Dunno about Kaguya. Most likely she and Mokou don't fight there. We'll also spot Ran, and at some times Chen if she tags along. Sanae might appear, same with the Goddesses of MoriyaShrine.

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2010, 03:23:27 PM »
me and rinnosuke would be bros
« Last Edit: June 05, 2010, 03:26:05 PM by SenSageUn »

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2010, 03:25:10 PM »
You know who'd be cool to chill out with?

Hina.

Because she's super nice. And also a junkie.

Bias Bus

• It's unpleasent
  • if you're better than me
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2010, 04:22:48 PM »
Shinki - Seriously, if you didn't see this coming, then you need to have your brain lackered.
Luize - Tour Guide Luize is the best Luize.
Nitori - "Yo, how do you fix this here..."
Yamame - She's actually pretty nice, despite the fact she's pretty much a biological weapon with eight two legs.
Keine - I'm not too fond of History, but she seems like the person to go to if your have somethin to talk about.
Meiling - Don't she chat with folks while on duty? Works for me!
Yuuka - Despite the sadism bullshit, Yuuka's actually fairly polite. Just make note not to fuck with her flowers.
Rinnosuke - "Hey bro, how's it hanging in dis' piece?"

Everyone else to can go to hell for all I care.
No Math Zone - Tumblr (slight nsfw) | Legend of a Hot-Blooded Pig

"The only guy you know to draw fat Touhous." - Erebus

Solais

• Developer fairy
  • is working for a game developer now.
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2010, 09:07:00 PM »
Would Hang With
Sanae. ... Seriously? She's my waifu. She's perfect.
Alice. She's so cool, she would be like a cool sis to me, and just hang out.
All the Fairies. Especially that Great One.

Would Visit
Patchy. Would visit her some times to check out some books, and giving some hugs to her.
Reimu. She is cool too, and sometimes just likes to sit and drink tea. I'd have interesting nonsensical conversations with her.
Yukari.  I want her to be my teacher. Seriously.
The Chireiden and the Ancient City. Really, most of 'em are cool and Satori is cute, and I like underground towns.
Kourin. He's a cool dude, and I'd love to go on a day long philosophy talk with him.

Also, I wouldn't mind meeting with everyone else, either. Gensokyo would be just the perfect place for me and my nonsensical mind. :V
« Last Edit: June 05, 2010, 09:11:11 PM by Solais »

warpshadow

• I get it
    • anifanatikku
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2010, 10:37:17 PM »
Is this a what would you do if you lived in Gensokyo thread or if a Touhou character had the uncharacteristic urge to hang with you would you rather it be Utsuho or Patchouli thread? If it's the first I don't know how good of an idea trying to become friends with Sanae would be simply because if your worried about being eaten by Rumia then hiking up Yokai mountain would be a death sentence and we don't know how often she leaves it.

As for me I would be interested in visiting Myourenji and seeing what I could learn there.
Gensokyo Everyday's story My Touhou fangame http://gensokyosnack.blogspot.com/

Kuma

• Charismatic grizzly bear
  • 熊 熊 熊
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2010, 11:16:03 PM »
I would hang out with NONE OF THEM BECAUSE I DON'T SPEAK JAPANESE 8V
Wotters gonna' wot

Gpop

« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2010, 11:22:13 PM »
I would only hang out with Koishi, and the rest of the Chireiden gang for the short amount of time I'll live within the radiation grounds >_>,

But mostly Koishi <_<

« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2010, 11:30:03 PM »
I have an irrational fear that most of the Touhou characters will melt my face, either purposely, because I am a human, or by complete mistake.

... So probably Keine, Akyu, or Rinnosuke. Or any other character that passes by the human village.

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2010, 12:04:58 AM »
To be perfectly honest, I would likely hang out with any single one of them. In my day-to-day life, I don't run into tengu, kappas, satoris, or even shrine maidens. As far as I know, none of even the self-described "magicians" I know are able to create danmaku and fly. Spending time with any single Gensokyan would be endlessly fascinating, educational, and most likely unforgettable.

Of course, this might ruin me for the company of "ordinary" people for good.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2010, 12:50:15 AM »
Would Hang With

Keine - Out of all the touhous see seemed to be the only one really cared for humans. Also I enjoy history a bit too much.
Meiling - She doesn't seem too violent as long as you stay on the right side of the gate.
Youmu - She seems alright when she isn't defending Yuyuko or looking to find criminals that steal moons and make weather go crazy.
Prismrivers - Hardly violent. They are musicians. I can't even remember why they fight in PCB and in POFV Lyrica is hardly aggressive. It is other touhous that seem to be bothered with her and her music.
Marisa - There doesn't seem to be much you could do to make her mad. Just let her have her way, but I doubt she would tie a friendship to me. She does seem to have to the most relationships so maybe she isn't too difficult to get along with.
Byakuren - Her ideology seems to be what gets her in trouble. I can live with her ideas just find so I doubt there would be much room for conlict.
Letty - Just a big snowball.
Lilly White - Nothing dangerous about spring.
Yuyuko - She could kill anyone she wanted so I doubt she would needless go after humans. Why Youmu is needed to defend her I have no idea. For one one thing shes already dead. What more can you do to her?
Satori - Not a person that would seem to cause much trouble. I guess the mind reading could get me into trouble b/c I would always be thinking bad thoughts. Communication wise I guess I could just think at her, talking would be needless.     
Koishi - Mainly for the same reasons as Satori minus the mind reading.
Hina - spin spin spin spin.
Suwako - Frogs are cool, hats are cool.
Aki sisters - The gods in touhou seem to be nicer than most humans and youkai. Aki's don't really have reasons to cause pain to humans.

Would Not Hang With

Suika and Yuugi - They would see me as a wimp and want nothing to do with them. I don't drink and wouldn't match up with there type of fun.
Yuuka - I would likely piss her off.
Ruima - Eats people.
Reimu - even though shes the main protagonist she is always described as doesn't care for humans or youkai. A lot of her dialog just makes me think she is an indifferent bitch. She serves a high purpose but doesn't mean I am going to throw myself on her feet.
Cirno and Utsuho - Dummies
Reisen - No, no, no, and NO!
Tewi - too much of a silly wabbit.
Flandre - the reasons are obvious. I wouldn't want to end up as one of her new toys.
Yukari - Seems like she would be nothing but a total mindfuck. Not something I would like to experience first hand.
Medicine - ew poison!

Mixed feelings

Mystia - During the first few games she seemed to be only a human murdering sob.
But the lamprey stand seems to conflict with her previous character.
Shikieiki - Seems like she could be nice, but too caught up in her work. I doubt she has many friends.
Nitori - Kappa seem like they would be nice, but that comment about her drowning humans for the lulz makes me think twice. I just have to be sure not to order soup around her.
Yamame - is said to be nice but is a walking B.O.W.
Remilia - She is smart but I doubt a humans well being would be of great consideration to her. Likely would just trick people to get blood.
Ichirin - Seems like she would be cool and nice, but a bit boring.
Murasa - pretty much same reasons as Nitori. Just guess I shouldn't stand on any boats.
Patchouli - she seems to only want to be left alone. I might get along with her or she could be incredible boring.
Kaguya - Hard to say if she would be any fun. She likely wouldn't want anything to do with earthlings or common people.
Komachi - You really shouldn't wake people up who are wielding large scythes. 
Alice - I have no idea what to believe about Alice anymore. She comes off on me a lot of how Reimu does.

« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2010, 02:15:33 AM »
To meet:
Reimu: I'm wondering if I can pull a fast one on her and donate Canadian Tire money to the shrine.
Patchouli: To find out how Voile works in comparison with libraries in our world; she seems she'd have a lot of interesting things to tell me if she was interested.
Koakuma: For most of the same reasons of Patchouli.
Rinnosuke: I assume he'd be quite interested to find out how some of the things in his shop work.
Yuyuko: She seems quite mellow, I don't imagine her trying to kill me unless I say or do something really outlandish.
Nitori: I'm curious to see if kappa technology's progressed in areas our world hasn't.

To avoid:
Aya: She has a somewhat "in-your-face" attitude, and I have personal space issues. Then again, I don't imagine her taking no for an answer.
Marisa: She actually seems a bit... sociopathic, if I can't find a better term.
Satori: I have enough trouble trying not to say stupid things, not thinking stupid things is going to be pretty much impossible.
Shikieiki: I can judge myself, thank you.

« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2010, 02:41:45 AM »
Assuming I could get past Meiling, I'd probably spend quite a bit of time in the Voile library, spending time with Patchy, Koakuma, and the various people that visit. Going to see Nitori would also be high on my list, because technology.

Given my general allergy problems, Yuka and Medicine are on the no-visit list. Possibly Lily White as well.

communist unity (comm-unity)

• Boss of the Gym
  • 100% salt
« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2010, 06:08:55 AM »
To be perfectly honest, I would likely hang out with any single one of them. In my day-to-day life, I don't run into tengu, kappas, satoris, or even shrine maidens. As far as I know, none of even the self-described "magicians" I know are able to create danmaku and fly. Spending time with any single Gensokyan would be endlessly fascinating, educational, and most likely unforgettable.

Basically, this. More specifically though: Marisa, Yukari, Byakuren, Utsuho, Nue.

i'm a dangerous person  :V

StainGlass

• Not the only one
« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2010, 07:44:42 AM »
Interesting topic.

Visit
Alice
Kana

Avoid
Yukari
Sakuya
Remilia
Flandre
Tenshi
Aya
Yuuka
Medicine
Rumia
Youmu

For off-putting personalities, fear of being attacked / eaten or in Youmu's case, slashed X)
« Last Edit: June 06, 2010, 07:49:05 AM by StainGlass »

Toasty

« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2010, 08:29:03 AM »
Bolding essentially means that they're highly preferred to others, or in the case of the 'red list', even worse than the others. "Shared interests" reasons are obvious - similar interests, easy conversation starters.

Hang out with, etc - For being interesting and/or people who are nice, at least going by my personal preference.

Patchouli (On grounds of shared interests) (possibility of learning some magic)
Rikako (Shared interests) (could actually get involved with one of her projects)
Nitori (Shared interests) (Possibility of becoming involved in one of her projects)
Alice (Shared interests) (Possibility of learning some dollcraft and magic) (Interesting person)
Eirin
Kaguya
Kotohime (Shared hobby. Collecting interesting things.)
Sanae
Rinnosuke (Very interesting person. There's a lot I could talk about with this guy.)
Reimu
Hina
Keine
Shikieiki
Tokiko (Shared interests) (She's an interesting person.)
Yuuka (This one deserves a reason, bold or no. First off, her sadistic side is pure fanon. I'd just like to meet her, really.)
Prismriver sisters
Satori (note: According to GoM, she can't read memories and past thoughts unaided)

Stay away from (unless neccesary)

Tewi
Mokou
Remilla
Flandre
Marisa
Sakuya
Rumia
Cirno
Mystia
Kogasa
Yuyuko
Youmu
Aya
Nue
Medicine
Yukari (let's face it - if there's a possibility of gap shenanigans, it's going to be unpleasant)
Suika
Utsuho
Yamame
Yuugi
Koishi

I'm neutral to everyone else.

« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2010, 08:53:34 AM »
I dunno but i had better bring a lot of condoms.

Ehmm... i suppose i would take it a bit easy to begin with. Stick by the humans like Reimu and Marisa. Then maybe i could get to meet some Youkai through shrine festivals. Touhou characters tend to get drunk during festivals and i never drink myself. That may be problematic... so i suppose i should start drinking.

I would really like to meet Orin, Utsuho, Remi and Sanae though problems like the fact that half of those live in hell and the rest are either pretty dangerous are living atop some mountain.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2010, 12:23:06 PM »
You know who I'd like to chill with?

Yukari.

Ever get one of your grans really going with a story about something that happened before you were born? The really cool kind where you are reassured that people who lived back then are pretty much just like the people today? Imagine what Yukari could do with that shit.

"Hey, wanna hear about the time when I spent like a week stealing Oda Nobunaga's underpants every time he tried to change clothes? I'll give you a hint, it's right before he invaded Koga."

"You know that one movie with the guy riding the atomic bomb? I did that. It was back in the heady days of the war, and it was the style of the time to..."

Earthsiege

• Rational Anarchist
  • The balance of power MUST be preserved.
« Reply #21 on: June 06, 2010, 05:25:58 PM »
I'd probably try to at least meet almost everyone, starting with people I know are relatively safe. Hanging out at the Hakurei Shrine seems like a sound plan; almost everyone in the realm visits or has visited there at some point, and I'm not likely to get attacked under the shrine maiden's protection.

Next step is to learn magic/danmaku/some-unknown-latent-super-ability-I-didn't-know-I-had so I can venture out and see the realm on my own.
http://pastebin.com/DzbzqF0k - LoT2 reference list. If anyone catches anything, drop me a line.

harry_kinomoto

« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2010, 01:07:20 AM »
Agreed. And not just because they're of a different race or occupation; simply the fact that these are people from another world would make for an interesting encounter indeed. Right from a typical sit-down-and-chat, to being able to observe their daily activities, or even a hostile encounter that is challenge yourself to try not to get gapped/eaten/slashed/killed, no encounter with a Gensokyan would be without incident!

I'm ignoring any consideration of danger factor in this answer. Because if one were to seriously take that into consideration, just about everyone would be off limits, since just about every Touhou cast member, being skilled in the art of danmaku, is entirely able to do you a serious injury :V

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2010, 02:36:38 AM »
I've seen a similar topic before, one titled "you'd like to meet" or whatever. I said then, and I'll say it again, but everyone should put Hina on top of their list, since she'll volunteer to suck all your bad luck away and such.

But aside from that, most of them. Excluding the ones that would WANT to kill/eat/torture me of course such as rumia, cirno, spidergirl, etc. Remi's ok though, her victims survive, and she doesn't eat them standing anymore anyway, plus I'm enough of a fanboy that I'd probably volunteer myself to be her meal if she was hungry >=P.

Flan:...ehhh. I'd like to, but I'm not sure I would lol, I'd ask for advice from someone like patchy. Is flan really unable to refrain from making ordinary people splatter all over the walls, or can I speak with her safely assuming I'm not doing something stupid. Nobody answer that for yourself, I'm sure the *REAL* (heh) patchy/remi/sakuya/china would know better than you >=p
« Last Edit: June 07, 2010, 02:38:26 AM by Ghaleon »

RainfallYoshi

• Yoshi of Skies & Rains
  • Who is it that calls for me?
« Reply #24 on: June 07, 2010, 04:04:04 AM »
I would go find Yumemi and Chiyuri and become their student in the ways of science. They are human after all so they wouldn't likely try to kill me. I bet Yumemi makes some awesome Strawberry Shortcake too. At any rate, once I have been a student long enough to be able to develop my own abilities or weapons, I'd venture out into Gensokyo to see who I could find. Gotta be prepared first!

After Yumemi and Chiyuri, top priorities would be visiting the SDM and the Moriya Shrine/Youkai Mountain... I guess I probably need to get over my fear of heights eh?

IBakaChan

« Reply #25 on: June 07, 2010, 06:36:01 PM »
AYA.
We probably have the same perverted minds and humor. If I could ever catch up with her...

I'd love to talk to Yuka, but seeing how she's powerful and dangerous, I'd probably end up just watching her.

Um... Well, Sanae, seeing as she and I might have some shared intrests, and stop by at Nitoris place while going up the mountain. I'd love to check out her awesome stuffs :V

Keine seems pretty nice, Mokou too(As long as you don't mention Kaguya).

Ironically, I'd love to hang out with Kaguya too, maybe showing her some ways of passing time, bring a computer and some games for her.

Setting traps with Tewi would be somewhat fun too, but I doubt she would let me go off without tricking me first  :/

dustyjo

« Reply #26 on: June 07, 2010, 07:17:38 PM »
RANRANRANRAN

I donno about you, but I think Yukari is pretty cool.

So is Aya, Nitori, Marisa, and Mokou.

« Last Edit: June 07, 2010, 07:19:25 PM by dustyjo »

Jelly Belly

• Magical dessert
  • am i a danmaku now
« Reply #27 on: June 07, 2010, 08:24:09 PM »
I'd stay away from Yamame, I don't want that AIDS.

« Reply #28 on: June 07, 2010, 08:27:15 PM »
I'd stay away from Yamame, I don't want that AIDS.

She doesn't have AIDS!!!

Sorry but everyone has AIDS.

OkashiiKisei

• Still working on the Grimoire
  • It's all about devotion
« Reply #29 on: June 07, 2010, 08:29:20 PM »
She doesn't have AIDS!!!

Sorry but everyone has AIDS.

Joke explanation:
Spoiler:
What he means is that Yamame has the power to give any disease to anyone. Including AIDS. She isn't infected with it herself.