~Beyond the Border~ > The Special Anniversary Board
Thought on threads in Rika's Garage.
(1/3) > >>
Helepolis:
Ok so lately I have been seeing a bit more threads apearing on Rika's garage. Mainly people who announce the have an idea for a game and thus starting a thread.

As exciting as it looks like, receiving more activity on this forum section, it is not what it seems. Because:
60% of the threads never get executed. They are like ideas on paper with 0 potential in actually getting developed because the "creator" has no skills.

I would like to have your thoughts on this incident. How should I exactly handle these threads. One of the approaches I was thinking was: asking the creator whether he is serious (as in developing) or he is not. In case of not, locking the thread or possible moving/removing?
Kilgamayan:
You could start asking for work samples.
helvetica:
I would only allow people to post project threads when they have something tangible on their project.  If there's no proof of concept or actual code or anything in the OP indicating something's been done, lock on the spot.
Pesco:
You only need the workspace if you're making stuff. Ideas that aren't going anywhere stay on the drawing board.

If they've got actual progress to show for it, go to Rika's. Project ideas stay in the projects board.
helvetica:

--- Quote from: 因幡 てゐ on March 11, 2010, 11:45:35 AM ---You only need the workspace if you're making stuff. Ideas that aren't going anywhere stay on the drawing board.

If they've got actual progress to show for it, go to Rika's. Project ideas stay in the projects board.

--- End quote ---

There is no projects board, that's the problem.  Maybe just have a sticky for "have an idea? share it here!" and collect all the junk threads into that.  Some ideas are worth sharing, but obviously unless there's actual work completed I don't think it deserves its own thread.
Navigation
Message Index
Next page

Go to full version