Author Topic: The Danganronpa Anime Is Out (Spoiler Warning For The Games)  (Read 41863 times)

commandercool

• alter cool
Re: The Danganronpa Anime Is Out (Spoiler Warning For The Games)
« Reply #120 on: September 08, 2016, 11:02:48 PM »
Despair arc 9:

Spoiler:
I haven't been particularly enjoying Chisa up to now, but when I look at it I think a lot of that just has to do with her ridiculous outfit. If she dressed like she does in Future Arc I think I would like her a lot more.

OH SHIT, The Impostor was just wearing a mask this whole time? This changes nothing but I'm still very impressed by it! It's nice that he really does care about Ryota, since he has arguably been kind of taking advantage of him.

Ha. Gundam's hamsters are still reproducing.

Wow, I don't have much to say about this one. It was pretty much just transitional for the most part. Lot of setup, not much major actually happened. As far as we know Ryota is not ever going to be part of Ultimate Despair. Who knows how he'll take this exactly, but I can't imagine it will cause him to overtly side with Junko. It might make him prone to being manipulated into some shady shit by Tengan. But the Chisa theory is going stronger than ever, so how do those things fit together?
I made a PADHerder. It's probably out of date though.

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
  • Just chilling like a hermit.
« Reply #121 on: September 08, 2016, 11:14:52 PM »
Despair Arc 9:

Spoiler:
So much plot going on and I think the whole Chisa might be the mastermind thing is starting to really make me think it is... weird... and why would Isuzru let Chisa go which is weird...

Spoiler:
*lightbulb* AH! Maybe... WHY MUNAKATA KILLED JUZO WAS BECAUSE HE KEPT THE FACT THAT CHISA WAS BRAINWASHED FROM HIM!!!!! Weak theory, but who knows...
« Last Edit: September 09, 2016, 12:55:55 AM by MewMewHeart »
My danmakucopter goes pew pew pew!

Check out my newb PAD box it's a thing right?

Conqueror

• Here I am, dirty and faceless
  • waiting to heed your instruction
« Reply #122 on: September 12, 2016, 11:23:57 PM »
Well, based on
Spoiler:
Tengan's reveal, the only way I can see him knowing about everybody dying and telling no one else is because he set up the game. And if he's not one of the Remnants of Despair, then this game was an inside job. There's the option that his NG code was fake though and he was just lying through his teeth if he's one of the people who set up the game though.

Pretty sure monitor suicide is nigh confirmed now though, or at the very least brainwashing is. Not sure how Chisa and Ryota fit into this though.

Edit:
Spoiler:
I forgot the most important thing: 6 PEOPLE ALIVE! That means either Juzo or Kirigiri is alive, and I'm going to guess Juzo (watch it be Togami being kidnapped and entered into the game). A little disappointed that Kirigiri is actually dead, but I'm interested in what her deductions were. Asahina running in with Ryota to tell Naegi and Munakata would seem to confirm that it's neither Ryota or Munakata. So, Tenga, Chisa, or the 13th Branch Leader, Ultimate Despair Chiaki Nanami? So many options. We have to get a mastermind monologue at some point though so even if Tengan was involved he had an accomplice who's running the game now.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2016, 11:26:54 PM by Conqueror »

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.
Every saint has a past and every sinner a future.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #123 on: September 13, 2016, 02:08:33 AM »
Alright, Future Arc 10.

Spoiler:
I've been hearing a LOT of compelling evidence that Kyoko faked her death, and frankly if that's the case I'm going to be a bit disappointed at this point. I can't imagine that not feeling cheap.

Wait, according to Munakata's phone someone's forbidden action is "Kyosuke Munakata dying". Who is that? It's probably Ryota, right? Is there anyone else we don't know the forbidden action of at this point? I guess it could be his own for some reason if the door opening theory is wrong, although I'm not sure why that would be.

Was that blood or makeup he wiped off her face?

So my best guess is that Makoto read Kyoko's notebook offscreen and is going to halt Munakata by revealing who the mastermind (Chisa, after some fashion or other) is to him at a pivotal moment. Not sure why he's running around and not just doing it on the spot, but he probably has a reason to bait him somewhere specific.

OH SHIT! So the multiple killers theory is semi-confirmed (it's still not entirely clear how literal Tengan was being, he may have just meant that anyone has the potential to snap and kill someone else, but he probably meant the hypnosis suicide thing) and Chisa as the villain seems pretty fucking confirmed as well. Also, notably, her note seemed to have been written in pink blood. It's also possible that the note wasn't intended to confirm that she was the mastermind and just the she killed herself, but I'm not fully convinced of that.

Does this mean Tengan lied after all? Or that he was speaking in Obi Wan Kenobi part-truths?

Also, what was up with that shot that zoomed in on Kyoko's bracelet? It seemed to be highlighting the fact that it was off, right? Does that mean something? Have we usually observed them behaving differently in situations like this?

Conqueror

« Reply #124 on: September 13, 2016, 04:25:53 AM »
Spoiler:
Munakata dying was Chisa's NG code, it was visible in the previous episode when Munakata looked at Gekkobot's phone brain. Ryota's NG code is the only one we don't know at this point.

Well at this point I wouldn't be surprised if Tengan lied. If he was involved with the game from the start then he could probably circumvent his NG code, and if he wasn't involved with the game then it's extremely fishy that he didn't tell anyone else what he told Munakata, in which case he probably found a way to circumvent his NG code anyway.

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #125 on: September 13, 2016, 07:23:13 AM »
Spoiler:
I'm pretty sure it's just the case that what he says is vague enough to be technically true very easily. I'm not necessarily saying he lied about anything, just that there are a handful of ways it could be interpreted or twisted and still be true so there is room for some variance. Technically Hajime could be sneaking around in the air ducts knifing people on Tengan's explicit orders and he could say "Everyone is a potential killer" and be completely telling the truth, because anyone COULD snap and kill themselves or someone else.

The suicide theory is definitely looking likely, but it's not the only possibility at this point. My theory regarding him remains the same as it has been: He's shady as hell and may be a would-be culprit or involved, but I don't think he's THE culprit.

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
« Reply #126 on: September 13, 2016, 01:42:56 PM »
Edit:
Spoiler:
I forgot the most important thing: 6 PEOPLE ALIVE! That means either Juzo or Kirigiri is alive, and I'm going to guess Juzo (watch it be Togami being kidnapped and entered into the game). A little disappointed that Kirigiri is actually dead, but I'm interested in what her deductions were. Asahina running in with Ryota to tell Naegi and Munakata would seem to confirm that it's neither Ryota or Munakata. So, Tenga, Chisa, or the 13th Branch Leader, Ultimate Despair Chiaki Nanami? So many options. We have to get a mastermind monologue at some point though so even if Tengan was involved he had an accomplice who's running the game now.
Spoiler:
The writer for Danganronpa 3 said in an interview that Juzo is IN FACT dead and that you have to watch Despair arc to find out why Kyousuke killed Juzo.
I'm holding out that
Spoiler:
that Kyoko could be alive, but then again it could be a fake out.

Episode 10 Future Arc:

Spoiler:
Chisa being the mastermind is starting to feel like it is, but how is something we have to find out, it also seems that in Kyoko's notebook it's revealed who the attacker is on which the cliffhanger happens at... then on top of that Makoto fucking pulls a Kirigiri and says what we all thought Kyousuke's NG is "Opening doors" ahahahahahaha oh man... but then again the people who watched episode 3 and translated what Tengan said about the attacker alternating really have a way with reading lips. On top of that at the end of the credits it looks like the remaining remnants of despair stole a ship.

Conqueror

« Reply #127 on: September 13, 2016, 11:52:07 PM »
Not really anime related but new trailer for the third Danganronpa game is out so it's probably of interest to people here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSrX5QaneQY
Spoiler:
MC is a girl

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #128 on: September 14, 2016, 12:50:13 AM »
Looking forward to seeing Monokuma again, since he's been virtually absent so far in this series.

Spoiler:
New main character looks great!

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
« Reply #129 on: September 14, 2016, 02:10:01 AM »
Not really anime related but new trailer for the third Danganronpa game is out so it's probably of interest to people here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSrX5QaneQY
Spoiler:
MC is a girl
Shut up and take my money!

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #132 on: September 16, 2016, 01:30:11 AM »
Is this a ill omen I'm sensing... PX?
They did it again. They played with my heart and I got lost in the game.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #133 on: September 16, 2016, 02:26:00 AM »
Despair arc 10

Spoiler:
I've gotten the vague impression that people around the internet are really, really mad about this episode. So that's, uh, worrying.

Was the sound quality of this episode really fucked up for anyone else?

WHAT. They actually successfully explained in like thirty seconds why Juzo is such an asshole. Wow. I'm super impressed. If we had, uh, known this before it would have helped his character a lot, but it's a good reveal.

Man, fuck Juzo though. If he had been less of a coward we could have had hot yaoi action AND prematurely dead Junko, but instead we got no yaoi and a million murders.

Alright Danganronpa, this is your chance. Do not fuck this up. Don't just do something horrible to Chiaki again. You already did that to me once and I was fucking traumatized, if you do it again I am going to be super pissed. This is a great chance for a plot twist where something non-horrible happens.

No no no no NO NO NO NO NO DON'T DO THIS AGAIN!

Oh god. I'm seriously half inclined to just quit watching. But something different could happen... Oh god... It could turn out different.

Oh god. This is so much worse than last time.

Jesus fucking christ. Stop it. This is so far past too far.

THIS IS SO MUCH WORSE THAN LAST TIIIIIIME.

Fuck you anime. Fuuuuuuck yoooooou.

Conqueror

« Reply #134 on: September 16, 2016, 02:51:26 AM »

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
« Reply #135 on: September 16, 2016, 01:57:06 PM »
Despair Arc 10:

Spoiler:
FUCKING HELL I'M CRYING MY EYES OUT NOT COOL NOT COOL MY SOUL IS NOW CRUSHED UUUUUUGH THAT'S JUST UUUUUUGH!!!!!
Spoiler:
AW HELL NAAAAAAAAAAAAAW!!!!
« Last Edit: September 16, 2016, 02:02:22 PM by MewMewHeart »

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
« Reply #136 on: September 19, 2016, 11:58:26 PM »
Danganronpa Future Arc 11:

Spoiler:
FUCKING JUZO WAS ALIVE now is dead like Kyoko ... so basically the monitors brainwash the future foundation members into killing themselves that's just crazy... but then again it makes sense...BUT HOLY FUCKING SHIT SO TENGAN WAS ALIVE TOO WHAT THE FUCK MANG!? At least Kyosuke WOKE THE FUCK UP right, right? Well it all comes to the wire now... Tengan might be the mastermind.

Conqueror

« Reply #137 on: September 20, 2016, 02:01:18 AM »
Good episode, but I'm a bit worried about how they'll wrap everything up in one episode (for Future), seems impossible.

Spoiler:
Also, I still have HOPE that Kirigiri is alive.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #138 on: September 21, 2016, 02:13:06 AM »
Future arc 11:

Spoiler:
I'll level with you, I seriously considered just quitting watching altogether after the last episode. Still traumatized. I'm still traumatized from when Chiaki died in fucking Danganronpa 2, and that was over a year ago and magnitudes less horrible, so I think I'm scarred for life. I don't THINK anything worse could possibly happen though, so it's probably best to keep watching in case, you know, something good happens.

I am kind of worried for the next game though. There's a real strong trend running of each release in this series being significantly more disgusting than the last and I can't even imagine how that would work if the trend continues.

Anyway, on to the episode.

Hmm, once again the sound on the stream I'm watching is jacked up. The background audio cuts out whenever anyone talks. Happened for the first half of last episode too.

Okay, so we are going to get a direct continuation of last episode. I wondered if this might not be a Remnants-focused episode and that we would have to wait another week to see what's going on with the main plot.

Alright, suicide theory for the attacker basically completely confirmed. There's still a tiny outside chance that this is a setup given that Asahina was alone with the notebook for a bit and could have doctored it if the theory about her being shady is true, but it cites all the right reasons so it's probably the case.

Wait, how is Makoto's plan supposed to work? It's predicated on the idea that one person will be given a weaker dose of the sleeping drug and will wake up early to kill themself, right? How does he know it will be him and not someone else? I didn't notice, but I guess everyone else picked a place with no monitors around to hole up in? I'm surprised there even are places like that. How would the game work if everyone just incidentally fell asleep in a place with no monitors?

Okay, so there's a proximity thing to determine who gets woken up, but that still doesn't cover what would happen if everyone was out of the range of the monitors.

The video of Monokuma is a reference to this song, which allegedly causes people who hear it to commit suicide.

Aw, it's Chihiro. Kind of not how I wanted to see him again...

Man, this was a really stupid plan. Even if he couldn't slip out of the ropes he still could have bashed his head in on the walls of floor or impaled himself on that rebar or something.

Aaaaand the reveal is that Kyoko is alive..?

No, okay, it's that Juzo is alive. I'm surprisingly okay with that even though it makes no sense.

You know I've been wondering this whole time if someone cutting their hand off would work.

This whole monitor thing seems really fishy. I'm not saying it's not necessarily what's going on, but we've already established that there's a way around them (sleeping in a room they're not in) and now that they can apparently just be broken with no consequences? I would've expected them to trigger the wristbands or otherwise be boobytrapped if they were tampered with. What would have happened if Juzo or somebody had just smashed one in anger at the very beginning and found the hidden knife? Seems like a pretty hole-filled plan.

It obviously doesn't mean much at this point, but I feel like Ryota is acting pretty consistently with the idea that he actually doesn't know what's going on. Maybe he knows that his technology is being used, but I'm not convinced he's a part of it on purpose. We won't know for sure at least until his forbidden action is revealed though.

Man, even more holes in the monitor plan if the power room was in a known location and completely unguarded the whole time. But more importantly than that, IT'S NOT TOO LATE FOR HOT YAOI ACTION! They denied us of just about every kiss so far, so at least we can still have this one maybe. And slightly redeem two of the shittiest people in the cast while we're at it.

WHAT, NO KISS? Fuck you Danganronpa. Somebody's gotta kiss somebody! At least give us Byakuya and Toko at the end! And I don't even like Byakuya, I just want some kissing!

Tengan still being alive at least kind of explains the thing with the opening.

Edit: Oh yeah, one more thing that I should address: This episode really seems to strongly point away from Chisa being the actual culprit. She's obviously evil, but she may not be THE mastermind. I'm not willing to call it on that theory quite yet, but it's looking unlikely.

I've been wondering about wrapup from the beginning, just because given the current airing order the last episode of the entire series will be a Despair Arc one, which doesn't seem right at all. I'm guessing there will either be some kind of conclusion special or the final Despair Arc episode will actually be a Future Arc episode, putting then at 13 and 11. Which seems about right, since there can't be THAT much left to do for Despair Arc.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2016, 02:19:17 AM by commandercool »

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
« Reply #139 on: September 21, 2016, 02:24:53 AM »

I've been wondering about wrapup from the beginning, just because given the current airing order the last episode of the entire series will be a Despair Arc one, which doesn't seem right at all. I'm guessing there will either be some kind of conclusion special or the final Despair Arc episode will actually be a Future Arc episode, putting then at 13 and 11. Which seems about right, since there can't be THAT much left to do for Despair Arc.
Spoiler:
I wonder how they're gonna end it off at, the part where Makoto finds them and ships them off to Jabberwock Island?
« Last Edit: September 21, 2016, 02:36:14 AM by MewMewHeart »

« Reply #140 on: September 22, 2016, 08:01:22 AM »
According to the broadcasting schedule, this week's Despair arc episode should be the last, and next week in the same time slot there will be a Danganronpa 3 special program aired.
Spoiler:
Also, the special episode is labeled Side:Hope (instead of Despair or Future), which gives me optimism for a happy ending. Maybe it will be a crossing over between the characters of both series for the grand finale.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2016, 08:11:07 AM by Quukii »

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
« Reply #141 on: September 23, 2016, 01:58:54 AM »
Despair Arc Episode 11 Finale:

Spoiler:
All these damn killings and suicides... along with Chisa's crocodile tears and blowing up her classroom... please go the fuck back to the hell yah came from... also foreshadowing Daganronpa 1 and everything... also seeing the virtual Chiaki going desu is cute. Overall... the ending was like lolwut everybody died the end?
« Last Edit: September 23, 2016, 02:05:02 AM by MewMewHeart »

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #142 on: September 23, 2016, 03:10:07 AM »
Despair Arc 11:

Spoiler:
Man, watching Chisa act like nothing happened is... Really upsetting. That's deeply unpleasant.

Goddamn, everyone acting normal like this is fucking obscene. I'll give the show this, that is really creepy and ominous.

I guess he's probably just lying, but Tengan seems to have no idea what's going on. How much does he actually know and what the fuck is he up to? He seemingly let Junko in for a reason, but why? Has he been a deep cover admirer of hers or is this part of some kind of plan to make hope stronger by giving them an enemy fight, Nagito-style?

Alright, I'm ready for my happy ending now. Don't fuck it up, TV.

So notably AI Chiaki still has her weird speech patterns and different personality and voice, which I wasn't sure she would since I'm not familiar with what she sounds like in the sub. I wonder what that means.

Edit: Is it possible the reason real-life Chiaki and Alter Chiaki are so different is that Alter Chiaki is actually a real person, just a different person? The obvious candidate seems like Miaya. Maybe that explains her narcolepsy and different speech patterns and stuff. I hope not though, because if so that means they managed to kill her as many as three or four distinct times and I am not okay with that. Maybe it's someone we haven't met yet? Although I feel like there's evidence in Dangaronpa 2 that probably refutes that idea. I don't know.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2016, 03:17:31 AM by commandercool »

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
« Reply #143 on: September 27, 2016, 02:41:02 AM »
Danganronpa Future Arc Episode 12 (Finale):

Spoiler:
WOAH SO Mitarai's NG was he couldn't use his talent... and what a fucked up way to use it on Hina of all people, something tells me somehow when Chisa gave the video to Tengan a year ago he watched it and became a remnant of Despair what the fuk mang but yet he was fine... WOW MITARAI DUDE WHY YOU'RE BEING SUCH A DICKBAG!!!

Spoiler:
Wtf not the 4th wall break theater again with Chisa and this time Junko... also Byakuya and Hiro saved the day.

Spoiler:
CLIFFHANGER OH HELL NOOOOOOOO NU-UH NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!! -explodes-

« Last Edit: September 27, 2016, 02:49:57 AM by MewMewHeart »

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #144 on: September 27, 2016, 03:32:50 AM »
Despair arc 12! Let's get some loose ends tied up and some secrets revealed!

Spoiler:
Hmm, so this makes it look like the "Chisa is the mastermind" and "Tengan is the mastermind" theories may not be mutually exclusive. Which makes sense I guess.

So not surprisingly it looks like Tengan isn't actually alive after all. But doesn't that leave another person to be accounted for then? Maybe Kyoko? I honestly forget at this point.

Ha ha wow, that is the greatest troll of all time. Junko has nothing on Tengan's comic brevity.

Aw, poor Ryota. He's wrong, of course, but man, I feel for him. And I guess this pretty much throws any chance of him being evil out the window once and for all. He's terribly misguided, but I can fucking understand why.

Hmm, if Makoto's theory is true does it explain everything? It sort of explains why the game wasn't broadcast, but not reeeeally why the forbidden actions had to exist unless it was to keep the players from being able to crack the game too easily. And the whole framework of the game is still awfully shaky, but I guess maybe that's part of why Tengan was here personally, to steer it in a direction where it wouldn't get solved instantly.

Did Asahina get cured by her brainwashing instantly just by getting cracked over the head once? This is a pretty weak plan if so. Maybe the brainwashing becomes more permanent if the viewer watches more of the video, and the quick instant brainwashing thing on Ryota's phone is just for emergencies.

Wow, this is all getting very "Last episode of Evangelion" all of the sudden.

Alright, so what questions are still left to be answered? We learned more or less who the culprit is for sure, we learned what side Ryota is on and what his forbidden action is. We don't know for sure what Kyoko's status is (she notably wasn't pictured in any of the flashbacks to deaths or anything in this episode), we don't know what Hagakure's prophecies have meant this whole time (I absolutely don't believe they're just all wrong, or he wouldn't have ever been recruited by Hope's Peak in the first place), we don't know the final result of the New World Program or exactly how it was made, and most important of all, we don't know where Alter Ego and Alter Chiaki are! I want to see them!

Who was that person in the last shot? The obvious answer is Kyoko although the silhouette didn't really look like her. Maybe it was just intentionally generic, but it seems like most of the obvious answers (Kyoko, Chisa, Izuru) have distinctive enough silhouettes that if it's meant to be taken literally it probably isn't one of them. Who else has unresolved story threads? Tengan? Bandai in what would be the greatest twist of all time? Haiji Towa, who was conspicuously absent this whole time? Or maybe someone we haven't directly met yet?
« Last Edit: September 27, 2016, 03:46:20 AM by commandercool »

« Reply #145 on: September 27, 2016, 07:38:26 AM »
Spoiler:
Who was that person in the last shot? The obvious answer is Kyoko although the silhouette didn't really look like her. Maybe it was just intentionally generic, but it seems like most of the obvious answers (Kyoko, Chisa, Izuru) have distinctive enough silhouettes that if it's meant to be taken literally it probably isn't one of them. Who else has unresolved story threads? Tengan? Bandai in what would be the greatest twist of all time? Haiji Towa, who was conspicuously absent this whole time? Or maybe someone we haven't directly met yet?
Spoiler:
That person in the end is definitely Hajime/Izuru.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #146 on: September 29, 2016, 03:27:06 AM »
Spoiler:
That person in the end is definitely Hajime/Izuru.

Are you basing that on anything specific, or just intuition? I've heard three different guesses so far, all of them were different and all of them used the word "definitely".

(Although I feel like that one makes the most sense.)

Conqueror

« Reply #147 on: September 29, 2016, 04:01:00 AM »
No one else fits the silhouette imo

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #148 on: September 29, 2016, 10:35:00 PM »
Spoiler:
Happy End
I'm so glad we got to see her again one more time though ;_;

EDIT:
Spoiler:
THEY FUCKING DID IT I'M MAD
« Last Edit: September 29, 2016, 10:37:12 PM by Fallen Angel PX »

Conqueror

« Reply #149 on: September 30, 2016, 12:12:53 AM »
Well, that episode was pure fanservice, but I'm reasonably satisfied since I didn't expect anything else. Decent watch/10 for the series overall
Spoiler:
although in the end the anime didn't really change anything but I got to see Kirigiri animated so I'm good