Author Topic: A Flatlining Love Life - Let's Play Fading Hearts! [Mercy-Killed]  (Read 8348 times)

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
Re: A Flatlining Love Life - Let's Play Fading Hearts!
« Reply #30 on: August 11, 2014, 11:13:54 AM »
my brain is melting

for fuck's sake. even ZYX Studio writing is fucking better than this trash. you know. the people who made fucking "Lightning Warrior Raidy" and made two more games in a goddamn SERIES

at least those games didn't TRY to hide that they were shameless and gratuitous excuses for sex!

holy hell!

for the record, it would be nakigeemu and not nakageemu which is more like "friendly game"
« Last Edit: August 11, 2014, 11:15:49 AM by trancehime »

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #31 on: August 11, 2014, 12:25:02 PM »
Thinking about the "story" last night, I'm pretty sure Alex is the creator's self-insert/wish fullfilment. I mean he goes on and on about the stats-building-heavy dating sim he would create ... within a VN that clearly put more attention to detail in stats building than actual plot. Alex is also a PUA, what every Nice Guy hates, fears, but secretly wants to be.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Iced Fairy

• So like if you try to hurt alkaza
  • I will set you on fire k'?
    • Daisukima Dan Blog
« Reply #32 on: August 11, 2014, 09:49:59 PM »
Thinking about the "story" last night, I'm pretty sure Alex is the creator's self-insert/wish fullfilment. I mean he goes on and on about the stats-building-heavy dating sim he would create ... within a VN that clearly put more attention to detail in stats building than actual plot. Alex is also a PUA, what every Nice Guy hates, fears, but secretly wants to be.
Yeah I noticed that too.  "The flaw in VNs is they don't add more numbers like my VN does!"*

And I'm sure one could write an entire treatise on how Nice Guys and PUAs both consider women to be soulless robots who react like a computer to social inputs, and how this can make VNs really really creepy, but for now I'll simply say "Ew."

*Stats are terrible and one of the reasons ESR isn't done.  I regret every day adding stats to the game, and the huge waste of potential and time they turned out to be.  Then again I suppose stats is all this game has going for it.

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #33 on: August 12, 2014, 01:27:34 AM »
*Stats are terrible and one of the reasons ESR isn't done.  I regret every day adding stats to the game, and the huge waste of potential and time they turned out to be.  Then again I suppose stats is all this game has going for it.

I don't know, man.

I mean Tokimemo's foundations are built on stats and that's a mammoth of a dating sim/VN series as you could get using stats.

It's just all about the execution. Of which this has none.

« Reply #34 on: August 12, 2014, 07:40:23 AM »
idk this game might be somewhere around Tokimemo 3-tier. :V

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #35 on: August 12, 2014, 08:18:44 AM »
idk this game might be somewhere around Tokimemo 3-tier. :V

worse

easily

And I was more talking about the general success rate compared to isolated cases like that one...

« Reply #36 on: August 12, 2014, 08:21:14 AM »
And I was more talking about the general success rate compared to isolated cases like that one...

Yeah I know it just seemed like a good chance to make a crack about tokimemo3. :V

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
A Flatlining LP - Let's [Not] Play Fading Hearts!
« Reply #37 on: August 12, 2014, 07:16:19 PM »
OK I know it's awfully early to say this, but I think I'm going to have to kill this off.

I've played a lot of bad visual novels in my time, but Fading Hearts takes the cake in every aspect. The art is questionable, the music is either droll or absent, and the story makes me sick to my stomach. This is a game which I have been making explicit efforts to avoid playing, doing anything and everything that comes to mind in order to do anything other than this. It is causing me genuine anger and frustration - not even comical annoyance like in House or the lighter parts of Cafe 0, but actual genuine 'the world is a worse place for this game existing' anger. In short I'm just not having FUN with this LP, and even if people are enjoying it I don't want to put myself through such an ordeal every time I want to crack out an update.

I got this feeling in the final update of Cafe 0 and the last quarter of MGitP. I only finished those two LPs because I was so close to the end I felt I should finish the job; when I've got ten endings of this thing ahead of me and pretty much the entire game left to go, I have absolutely no desire to keep going.

Apologies to people who've been hoping for more of this. I am already forcing myself to keep going, and it's really going to show in what I produce. No-one wants that, so I figured ending it now before things got horrible would be for the best.

tl;dr fuck this game, worst $15 I've ever spent

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
Re: A Flatlining Love Life - Let's Play Fading Hearts! [Mercy-Killed]
« Reply #38 on: August 12, 2014, 07:38:02 PM »
It's all good, my friend.

Here is are some Jamaican Mice to make it all better:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7Tc8C6qZ3c

Jq1790

• Wow I'm back to playing this game.
  • Let's puzzle together again, Karin!
« Reply #39 on: August 12, 2014, 07:41:53 PM »
Hey, you're the one who was trying to amuse US.  If you're not having fun, there's absolutely no reason to continue with it.  I wish you luck in finding a better VN next time.
If you're a Pazudora player and aren't on #puzzleandlibrarians, come join us!

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #40 on: August 12, 2014, 07:47:01 PM »
When your lampooning of the game is literally the only redeeming feature of the game, it's probably time to move on.

Tengukami

« Reply #41 on: August 12, 2014, 07:51:57 PM »
Rou you are a brave soul for even making it this far. As much fun as it's been for us to snark from the sidelines, you're the one who's had to slog through all this. Totally understandable.

*tips fedora*

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Yookie

• Blue flower
  • Green
« Reply #42 on: August 12, 2014, 08:25:20 PM »
Was fun reading this so far but it really helps noone if it physically pains you to do this.
May you have good luck on potential future adventures.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #43 on: August 12, 2014, 09:20:33 PM »
So..., the best moment of this game is the uninstallation? Right?

Revel in it.

Then laugh at every 'positive' review of this garbage on Steam.

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

LadyScarlet

• Too lazy to make this a gif right now
  • Still scumming for a good pull
« Reply #44 on: August 12, 2014, 10:51:07 PM »
Well, I understand. As much as I liked reading this, there's no reason to continue an LP if you're not having fun with it.
Good job on making it this far nonetheless. Hope you find a better VN.
My Youtube Channel. I mostly upload Hisoutensoku videos.

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #45 on: August 13, 2014, 01:00:44 AM »
theres 10 endings in this fucking piece of garbage?

nobody wants you to kill yourself playing this stupid piece of shit

why the fuck does this game even cost 15 bucks anyway

goddamn

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #46 on: August 13, 2014, 04:21:31 AM »
>Too shitty to continue

wow

wooow

wooooooooooooow

that's... wow

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #47 on: August 13, 2014, 04:27:24 AM »
>Too shitty to continue

wow

wooow

wooooooooooooow

that's... wow

Considering he finished Cafe Zero, that's really saying something. I'm tempted to google to see how bad it is, though going by what I've seen so far, I can guess.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #48 on: August 13, 2014, 06:10:10 AM »
Considering he finished Cafe Zero, that's really saying something. I'm tempted to google to see how bad it is, though going by what I've seen so far, I can guess.
I am so incredibly curious

not nearly curious enough to actually buy it but at the same time I really do want to know just how bad it gets if you find it let me know

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #49 on: August 13, 2014, 07:03:13 AM »
OK, for those interested I can at least drop a few spoilers on how things WOULD have gone if I'd continued. Obviously huge spoilers abound but so if for some bizarre reason you want to play this game yourself you should look away now.

- Letting Claire suffer in her relationship causes her to become a dark magical girl. She tries to kill you, and either you kill her yourself or Mystica saves you. Either way Claire dies and the plot continues without her [at least until you crash into another bad end].
- Rina is Mystica [big surprise]. Luckily Ryou learns magic at some random point so you can team up with her to fight the source of the shadow demons.
- In Rina's bad ending you go on a trip to Japan along with Claire and Alex, and while you're away TRIDENT CITY EXPLODES, killing Rina. In another ending where you've killed everyone who could have stopped it, the shadow monsters overrun the city and leave Ryou as the sole survivor.
- Player, the mysterious pick-up artist Ryou made a deal with? It's Tracy, aka the maid from the cosplay cafe.
- Sophia is actually your DESTINED WAIFU because you two were totally a couple in your former incarnations. Unfortunately for whatever reason Sophia gets killed off in every single route and there's no way to save her. So!

I'm looking desperately for something small and simple to LP as a palette-cleanser. Right now I've got a couple of candidates so we'll see where things go from here.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #50 on: August 13, 2014, 07:47:08 AM »
What.

*Head explodes*

This is so stupid.

And what are the good endings? Are there only two actual GOOD END routes or something :/

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #51 on: August 13, 2014, 08:04:01 AM »
- Player, the mysterious pick-up artist Ryou made a deal with? It's Tracy, aka the maid from the cosplay cafe.
okay this was actually slightly redeeming compared to it being alex

that's a very slight thing though compared to all the other argh

please play Magical Diary
no wait better yet Long Live The Queen

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #52 on: August 13, 2014, 10:51:08 AM »
http://www.twinfinite.net/2014/02/12/fading-hearts-review-best-meh-visual-novel-year/

i'm sorry but what?

"Most of the characters are written fairly well."

"Nor is he a Mary Sue, but his self-awareness and periodic tappings on the Fourth Wall are refreshing."

"Indeed, Fading Hearts has its fair bit of the epic as well as kitchen sink romantic drama." (>epic)

"Looking at the game technically, there isn?t much to praise aside from the artwork which has a unique, pleasing style of vibrant colors. Music is so-so, with no memorable moments. The writing itself is good, although there are enough errors to be noticeable and at times annoying."

Did Rou and this reviewer even play the same game

EDIT: This video shows footage of the game in its unedited original state, something which managed to melt Rou's poor brain further. It wouldn't be fair if I only subjected it on him.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2014, 11:15:09 AM by trancehime »

Yookie

• Blue flower
  • Green
« Reply #53 on: August 13, 2014, 12:52:40 PM »
I usually just overlook grammar-mistakes or typing-errors but this is really over the top.
And the music is even less fitting than I thought.
Something else though: I misread "Mystica" as "Mystia" for the first two times or so the name appeared. :V

Tengukami

« Reply #54 on: August 13, 2014, 01:26:36 PM »
- Sophia is actually your DESTINED WAIFU because you two were totally a couple in your former incarnations. Unfortunately for whatever reason Sophia gets killed off in every single route and there's no way to save her.

Well, guess I can put this down to a "must miss". Though I suppose it makes sense in a VN with this much edge that any route with your true love would end in tragedy.

Wish I could recommend other VNs to blast through, but I'm sure something will turn up. Hopefully something slightly more coherent, like a VN based on Naked Lunch or something.

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #55 on: August 13, 2014, 01:46:33 PM »
Something else though: I misread "Mystica" as "Mystia" for the first two times or so the name appeared. :V

Let me just say you aren't the only one.

Well, guess I can put this down to a "must miss". Though I suppose it makes sense in a VN with this much edge that any route with your true love would end in tragedy.

I must say I agree with Rou in saying the world is a worse place with this game. And I still can't believe there are people who think this game is actually decent.