Author Topic: NSP Mafia - Game Over  (Read 62019 times)

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
  • but I don't exactly hate that
Re: NSP Mafia - Day 2
« Reply #240 on: August 06, 2014, 11:50:49 AM »
yep, i probably misunderstood something on my part, but since this additional detail would benefit scum more than town as things stand and has no impact on the wagons whatsoever atm i still see no need to retconn or alter anything.

lynch priority list

Sky P>NNR>Zakeri=Shadoweh
>Link to my Steam Account: Add me! http://steamcommunity.com/id/9898981-02
--------------------------------------

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #241 on: August 06, 2014, 12:15:11 PM »
----------
4. BBM/SB tied up wagons with 2 votes, Raikaria didn't (lol) / proof: uhhhhh, Sky P has brain damage?

No need to get to that level.

Also; to be fair; if I swapped over we still would have been 1 short of a lynch. That's what he means.

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
« Reply #242 on: August 06, 2014, 12:18:43 PM »
Ah right, it was unintentional on my part. Do excuse me for letting the heat and frustration get to my brain. I am terrible when dealing with insistence and tends to blurt out mean things, I apologize. Sorry.

Shadoweh

• I will ahn~ vote count for you
  • The STRONGEST Day Effect
« Reply #243 on: August 06, 2014, 01:02:51 PM »
Shadoweh, I didn't ask about Sky P's posts, I'm asking who is most scummy to you between NNR and Zakeri. Let's pretend Sky Paladin doesn't exist: on what merits are these two scummy (or not) by the content of their posts, rather than the content of Sky Pal's posts?
It's not really possible to ignore a likely scum. It is why I'm loathe to reread things until his flip is confirmed. To be honest I wasn't much into a scum read of either of them until te day started. This is me being terrible but any other comments on my side are gonna have to wait until later today when I wake up. >_> Sorry.

Kitten4u: "I'll say it plainly: THERE IS NO WAY SHADOWEH IS SCUM!" - A Balanced Game of Mafia

Bardiche

• Mafia: Worst Game Ever
« Reply #244 on: August 06, 2014, 03:54:36 PM »
It's not really possible to ignore a likely scum. It is why I'm loathe to reread things until his flip is confirmed. To be honest I wasn't much into a scum read of either of them until te day started. This is me being terrible but any other comments on my side are gonna have to wait until later today when I wake up. >_> Sorry.

No, that's fine. If you're not into scumreading them you're not into scumreading them.

I strongly disagree with Darkninjaabc that I somehow made "massive blunders". Bardiche does not make blunders. I don't consider catching up with the game after subbing in D2 to be a "massive blunder". Posting what I have after spending the night reading shit trumps "hurr durr roles".

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #245 on: August 06, 2014, 04:12:59 PM »
Woke up to find an overwhelming number of walls. Oh boy.
Kilga is this right; like is this person seriously the player, and it's not some alias or something that's designed to be deliberately obfuscating? NekoNekoRex. Who the hell is that :C   ~Poya Aaaa (Serela), Bunny Must Die Mafia

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #246 on: August 06, 2014, 04:14:52 PM »
DNA, vigs are good on confirmed scum because vigs are unreliable and often are based on the thoughts of one person rather then the Town Collective. If Skypal were vigged then we could set him aside and hunt for the other scum today.
Kilga is this right; like is this person seriously the player, and it's not some alias or something that's designed to be deliberately obfuscating? NekoNekoRex. Who the hell is that :C   ~Poya Aaaa (Serela), Bunny Must Die Mafia

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
« Reply #247 on: August 06, 2014, 04:42:35 PM »
yeah yeah bard whatever

we dont have a vig nnr, get real and post some real content

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #248 on: August 06, 2014, 04:56:49 PM »
Actually pokemon123 suggested he can do something 'today' so he may have a dayvig.

Honestly I don't have much to add. Can't proceed until Sky flips tbh.

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #249 on: August 06, 2014, 05:08:47 PM »
SB has said literally nothing all day
wow

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #250 on: August 06, 2014, 05:09:56 PM »
I am retarded, disregard that

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #251 on: August 06, 2014, 05:11:51 PM »
Update the OP, Vhaltz, seriously.

Gonna ISO shadoweh and Zak

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
« Reply #252 on: August 06, 2014, 05:28:08 PM »
investigative role=dayvig is all my lols, well i guess you can read it that way, althought personally i am not convinced unless he actually shoot someone, please let that be nnr

and guys, flip=information. 2 flips=more information. we already know Sky P is scum from the interactions and role results and thus we have no need to further waste a PR is order to drive the point. An extra lynch that doesn't require a collective to pass is an incredibly attractive proposal because scum can play mindgames in order to mess with town. and there exist townies who are not as determined and waffle out once they step on a twig and those people make it even harder for the collective to reach a decision. think the murrica politics scene

also
the Town Collective.
scumslip much lols

i'd say the lynch is less reliable than a dayvig. for starters, the dayvig gives us a clear party to take responsibility of the action and reveals the result immediately while allowing further discussion. thats two upsides.

moreover, the dayvig also skips this retarded process of debating with waffling townsfolk and convincing them to get on a wagon. it gets rids of these stupid speculation theories (ehem from a certain confscum) that only works to sow more chaos and confusion upon those of lesser mental clarity and hence causes the lynch to miss. that's the third upside.

fourth and final upside is the associative reads which come with the vigging, you have people who agree with the vig and the person who actually vigged. all of these associative stances cannot be handwaved with ''man it was consolidation lynch'' so scum can just sheep in order to ''secure a flip''.  an example is junko scumreads shadoweh, but IF we all disagree with him and he still vigs anyway, that wont reflect well on junko if shadoweh flips green. this associative read is even better when scum misses the nightkill, for most scum dayviggers essentially is a priority NK and that will give us leads

all in all vigs are better, but i prefer vigging nnr, tenks

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
« Reply #253 on: August 06, 2014, 05:31:48 PM »
if its a dayvig i would highly advise you to like shoot nnr right now because i am at least 80% sure hes scum. thats good numbers coming from the guy who is pretty much skeptical on everything

and i finally have deicded between the lynching order between zak and shadoweh, i will have to go zakeri>shadoweh because shadoweh has always been more of a ''gut player'' and this difference in playstyle is why i am scumreading zak harder atm

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
« Reply #254 on: August 06, 2014, 05:34:35 PM »
also this vig vs lynch reminds me once again why universal suffrage and true democracy sucks in general because human nature is individualistic and conceited. but i guess thats maf we are playing right now so i will keep that out

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #255 on: August 06, 2014, 05:36:02 PM »
DNA you have no idea how much you make me want to vote you, your posts are so bad and wrong they're ridiculous. It's like you've regressed into Newbie!DNA where you just make up a bunch of ridiculous shit and then use it to form an opinion. I'm going to be smug as hell when you fail to suicide on me again N2 (then again someone will probably also kill you to frame me but I digress).

vigging me (we probably don't have a vig at this point), would just be dumb when we have a confirmed scum we can shoot. Getting Skypal's flip would provide us a lot more information then my flip. If he somehow flipped town that would change the game entirely.

Anyway I read Shadoweh and didn't get many vibes off her. She's not really obvscum if she's scum, but I didn't get much of a vibe off her in general, which is kinda lurky.

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
« Reply #256 on: August 06, 2014, 05:38:42 PM »
you are resorting to ad hoc again without even responding to any of the points i raised. its like talking to a brick wall man

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
« Reply #257 on: August 06, 2014, 05:39:19 PM »
wait i retconn that insulting part can i edit it out for politeness' sake

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #258 on: August 06, 2014, 05:45:42 PM »
I'm not going to dignify it with a response since you are throwing as much shit onto me as you can pile, it'd just be inviting more shit-piling.

I like Zak a bit less then Shadoweh, he doesn't really seem to have a strong stance past D1, and he hasn't really even posted anything at all to comment much on anyway. I do feel a bit waffly about his D1 since I liked some of them and hated others, but his stances are stale and about people who are pretty much conf town.

« Reply #259 on: August 06, 2014, 05:51:06 PM »
don't know why some people still think i'm a dayvig. also time to reread.

PEDIT:NNR why are darkninja posts so ridiculous to you. I mean you sort of addressed his D1 I guess but you never really mentioned him up until now D2 from memory and never said why his posts are ridiculous. hmm can you try to explain that shadoweh read a little bit better. I sort of don't get the comment about well if she's scum and she's not obvious scum and i sort of get a lurky feeling about them. If you had to place category in scum,null,town or something midway what would you choose for Shadoweh NNR?
Touhou games 1cced(sadly on easy mode) MOF,DDC,IN,TD,POFV,UFO,EOSD,SA

« Reply #260 on: August 06, 2014, 05:51:45 PM »
don't know why some people still think i'm a dayvig. also time to reread.

PEDIT:NNR why are darkninja posts so ridiculous to you. I mean you sort of addressed his D1 I guess but you never really mentioned him up until now D2 from memory and never said why his posts are ridiculous. hmm can you try to explain that shadoweh read a little bit better. I sort of don't get the comment about well if she's scum and she's not obvious scum and i sort of get a lurky feeling about them. If you had to place category in scum,null,town or something midway what would you choose for Shadoweh NNR?

I mean his posts from D2.

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
« Reply #261 on: August 06, 2014, 05:51:48 PM »
anyways nnr you suggested vigging confscum, i rebutted with how thats a waste and provided 4 points to why it is such.

a collective decision is hard to reach and when said collective decision also inevitably cuts off discussion its not a good choice to waste this flexible option to gather extra information on this precious collective decision

also, I am the one saying all this goddamn time we don't have a vig. I am the one who sees this discussion about who to vig as a waste of time anyway but participated for discussion's sake, and I happens to also be the one asking you to make more contributive content which you neglected entirely.

MY sentiment on you being scum and unhelpful is completely justified. pls at least try to response more sensibly

cut by NNR

and oh? more ad hocs interspersed with swearing. plus a gutread on a single zak, thats your definition of being helpful? i am appalled 

« Reply #262 on: August 06, 2014, 05:53:56 PM »
also don't really get the comment you have no idea how much you make me want to vote you. Why not just vote him if you really do find him scummy? Totally being a hypocrite here but whatever.

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
« Reply #263 on: August 06, 2014, 05:56:57 PM »
more like nnr is just OMGUSing me, which i have no idea, is speculating about the nonexistent dayvig and pretty much nothing else

and theres that lone gutread on zak, we do have an agreement on that, but you need to provide more indepth analysis other than just a vague direction

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #264 on: August 06, 2014, 06:03:56 PM »
I was asked to find a not-raikaria scumread, and Zak is that answer.

poke, DNA has been tunneling me all day and defending myself against his arguments isn't going to change his opinion at all. He's been nitpicking at everything I post. Stuff like this:
The Town Collective
scumslip much lols
isn't even valid or valuable for an accusation, yet that's what he's been throwing at me.

Clearly he doesn't understand how Mafia works, because the game is all about convincing people to pile onto a less-sure scumread. We have to essentially waste a lynch on Skypal today because we already know he's scum and therefore don't have to argue making reasons why he is scummy, and the votes on him are essentially voteparks until deadline comes around. Today is about finding his scumbuddy, which only about half the players here seem content on doing.

DNA thinks vigging me will uncover that I am secretly actually scum and the game is over, but in reality it'll reveal I'm just a townie and there won't be anything to gain from that reveal except a few indirect reads based on who's been piling the most bullshit today.

In fact we're assuming Skypal is scum and if he flips town that changes everything, all this rolespec bullshit will be right out the window and I can vote Raikaria or maybe even DNA again.

cut by DNA if I were actually OMGUSing you I would vote you here and now, but you're protected by your role claim so I can't even do that.

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #265 on: August 06, 2014, 06:07:05 PM »
Note that DNA's last 5 posts have been screaming 'ad hominem' and other nonsense because I refuse to acknowledge his bullshit-piling.

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
« Reply #266 on: August 06, 2014, 06:12:19 PM »
Except I have never been nitpicking at your stuff. The quoted example is a completely inaccurate example of my posts taken completely out of context because that would be more convenient for you to ignore all other valid points I have raised against your playstyle, posting history, stance and shallowness of reads in general. You are expected to actively hunt scum and provide evidence and arguments. Except blowing steam at whoever that questions your <perfect play> seems like the only thing you are interested in doing.

That entire wall of text is rephrasing what Sky P said. man thats unfair you dont assume sky p is scum before wagoning him, man thats unfair you dont assume i am scum before vigging him ehe

EXCEPT THOSE TWO THINGS ARE STUFF WHICH I HAVE NEVER DONE, I properly responded (abeit rudely) to each and every single one of Sky P's crack theories and honestly its been irritating on my part. Plus there are the track results and me being roleblocked which screams a guilty response. man this reminds me why I enjoyed playing as Mirai Nikki so immensely ehem wait next point

Also, NNR, I never assumed you are scum. I rationally detailed the intent, the content and the direction behind your posts, then I drew the natural conclusion after reading this stream of incredibly shallow and reactionary insults you tossed at me that you are very likely to be a scum candidate. For the record here I also scumread Zakeri, abeit not on the same level as you temporarily.

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
« Reply #267 on: August 06, 2014, 06:17:20 PM »
Definition of ad hominem

-a general category of fallacies in which a claim or arugment is neglected in favour of irrelevant personal aspects concerning the writer

I never made any irrelevant personal insults to you (maybe until now), I never gave you a ''i refuse to accept bullshitty posting'' card and I most certainly didn't neglect your arguments in favour of you having been as asshole all this time. I analyzed each of your post pretty fully and my conclusion is that they are useless. I even recommended you many times to just quit arguing about this and get on with the reads of you are STILL ignoring.

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #268 on: August 06, 2014, 06:33:57 PM »
That reply? Right there? That's insulting to me.

Except I have never been nitpicking at your stuff.
Also, NNR, I never assumed you are scum
You have not gotten off my back ~at all~ since D1, when I said your playstyle was scummy and you using it as an excuse was meta-reliance and even worse. It was a pretty shallow read I agree, but I didn't have a ton of stuff to go off of D1.

The quoted example is a completely inaccurate example of my posts taken completely out of context because that would be more convenient for you to ignore all other valid points I have raised against your playstyle, posting history, stance and shallowness of reads in general.
This? This shit I don't care about. Validity or no, it's just been so fucking endless that even if I did want to bother defending against it, you'd just be using the defense as more ammunition to beat me down. I do not give a single shit about your read on me any more, because it is not going to change irregardless of what I do. Unlike you, I don't have a fancy get-out-of-scumreads-free card to throw and instantly lob me into the echelons of pro-townieness like you have. Your posts are irrelevant to me because they'll be critical of everything I post anyway.

Except blowing steam at whoever that questions your <perfect play> seems like the only thing you are interested in doing
I do NOT claim to have perfect play. In fact, my play is downright shitty, and it's been that way the last few months. I blame depression. There's a reason I can barely make it past D1 any more, and I've only recently been able to even climb slightly out of my depression to manage it.

That entire wall of text is rephrasing what Sky P said. man thats unfair you dont assume sky p is scum before wagoning him, man thats unfair you dont assume i am scum before vigging him ehe
I do assume Skypal is scum, he was caught by a tracker visiting a dead person, that's fucking incriminating. I haven't even bothered to read his posts since then but I'm pretty sure they're a load of crap from what I've seen from the responses.
I can't assume you are scum because you're protected from your above role, and I'm forced to go along with ~rolespec~ because you were [apparently] roleblocked and there's no reason to disbelieve you at this point.
Sure, you could be a lying scumbag who is throwing Skypal under the bus and conveniently also didn't die when you tried to visit him, but that's just assuming a lot of shit now.
No, I'll disbelieve your roleclaim when you survive to D3, say you visited me, didn't die, and somehow still vote me anyway.

cut by no by screaming 'ad hominem' I mean you're using the fact that I am calling you a raging shithead who is disregarding your opinion as a reason to vote me, which in some ways is valid, in other ways is just trying to add more fuel to the fire.

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
« Reply #269 on: August 06, 2014, 06:40:20 PM »
Since apparently things are escalating quickly I am going to grab a ladder.

Nowait but seriously me being critical of your plays shouldn't merit those reponses from you, especially when you are essentially agreeing with my point of your stuff being shallow. Just post more. Just as you give no shits to my stance I give no fucks to you dumping all this responsibility of not posting well on me. Ignore my ''shit'' as you see fit, I just want to see content from you, that's it.

DNA out