Author Topic: Sanae Quest (Part 6) (Completed)  (Read 46815 times)

Re: Sanae Quest (Part 6)
« Reply #810 on: June 15, 2011, 04:27:06 AM »
> ... We... we can do this another time. Maybe after Konngara comes up to hang out with Kikuri... yeah...
> Turn around, and head home, making a note to check with Hijiri every once in a while to see if Konngara does come up.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2011, 04:28:59 AM by Twelve Parsects »

« Reply #811 on: June 15, 2011, 04:30:09 AM »
Disregard that last post.

> Work up some courage, and call out to Konngara.

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #812 on: June 15, 2011, 04:31:51 AM »
> Work up some courage, and call out to Konngara.

> You work up your courage and call out to her.
> Konngara stops and turns around.
> "Eh...?  Sanae...?"

> _

☆ Check my profile for links to my sites! ☆
[21:12] <OneLoveOnePurvis> *Black as hell and bitter as love. That is coffee.*
[17:42] <Amra> Himiko's one of the people that's really cute but sometimes art shifts into like hard jojo-style
[17:42] <Amra> as she does something out of character

« Reply #813 on: June 15, 2011, 04:33:16 AM »
> Walk up to her. Swallow that nervousness.
> "Ah... thank you for your help earlier today. That helped with a few issues that were kind of lingering..."

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #814 on: June 15, 2011, 04:37:51 AM »
> Walk up to her. Swallow that nervousness.
> "Ah... thank you for your help earlier today. That helped with a few issues that were kind of lingering..."

> You walk up to her, trying not to be nervous.
> Konngara nods.  "I kind of figured.....it was similiar to the ghosts...although they just disappeared into thin air."

> _

[17:42] <Amra> Himiko's one of the people that's really cute but sometimes art shifts into like hard jojo-style

« Reply #815 on: June 15, 2011, 04:39:42 AM »
> "Yeah, turned out that Maribel was connected to them somehow, and they disappeared when she work up..."
> Shift awkwardly.
> "So... um... have you thought about going up to see Kikuri? I told you that Miss Hijiri gave you permission, right?"

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #816 on: June 15, 2011, 04:51:57 AM »
> "Yeah, turned out that Maribel was connected to them somehow, and they disappeared when she work up..."
> Shift awkwardly.
> "So... um... have you thought about going up to see Kikuri? I told you that Miss Hijiri gave you permission, right?"

> "Oh..."
> You fidget a little, and then ask if she thought about going up to see Kikuri.
> "I have, but..."  Konngara takes a deep breath.  "I was remembering a few nights ago.  I had a strange dream that I was a child...you were there, too, and you said to take care of Kikuri.  I'm kind of worried, though, that I've been neglecting her as of late.  I'm not really sure what to think, but, it's still okay to see her after e-everything that's happened, right...?"  Her voice sounds kind of shaky.

> _

« Reply #817 on: June 15, 2011, 04:58:11 AM »
> "I-it's okay, really! I'm sure that she'll be happy to see you, and she won't think that you're neglecting her! I mean, it's been a crazy couple of weeks since then, and she's been busy with things and you've been busy with things... it's really the best thing to do, for the both of you, I think."
> So it worked... but she sounds pretty distraught... did we hurt her with that dream...?

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #818 on: June 15, 2011, 05:00:52 AM »
> "I-it's okay, really! I'm sure that she'll be happy to see you, and she won't think that you're neglecting her! I mean, it's been a crazy couple of weeks since then, and she's been busy with things and you've been busy with things... it's really the best thing to do, for the both of you, I think."
> So it worked... but she sounds pretty distraught... did we hurt her with that dream...?

> "Y-yeah...that's true..."
> It looks like your subconscious mind hacking worked, but she sounds on the verge of tears...did you end up hurting her with that dream?

> _

« Reply #819 on: June 15, 2011, 05:07:53 AM »
> Try to smile at her.
> "So, how about this, then? Tomorrow morning, why don't you take a visit to the temple? Meet with Kikuri, talk to her. She won't think that you were neglecting her. You can't really find that out if you don't take that leap though, right?"

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #820 on: June 15, 2011, 05:11:05 AM »
> Try to smile at her.
> "So, how about this, then? Tomorrow morning, why don't you take a visit to the temple? Meet with Kikuri, talk to her. She won't think that you were neglecting her. You can't really find that out if you don't take that leap though, right?"

> You try smiling at her, and suggest she visit Kikuri.
> "Th-th-that s-s-so-sounds nice..."

> _

« Reply #821 on: June 15, 2011, 05:13:01 AM »
> Oh no, does it sound like she's going to break down?
> If it does, then say: "Hey, you look tired. I have a room rented here, how about you take a break?"

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #822 on: June 15, 2011, 11:23:17 AM »
> Oh no, does it sound like she's going to break down?
> If it does, then say: "Hey, you look tired. I have a room rented here, how about you take a break?"

> She's already starting to.
> You ask if she wants to take a break, and she just kind of nods and chokes back a sob.

> _

« Reply #823 on: June 15, 2011, 02:17:15 PM »
> Gently take her by the arm, and lead her back to our room, trying to avoid crowds.

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #824 on: June 15, 2011, 02:21:08 PM »
> Gently take her by the arm, and lead her back to our room, trying to avoid crowds.

> You gently take her by the arm and head back into the inn.  By this time, she's covering her face with her other arm.

> _

« Reply #825 on: June 15, 2011, 02:28:00 PM »
> Hurry up and pull her into our room.

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #826 on: June 15, 2011, 02:28:43 PM »
> Hurry up and pull her into our room.

> You hurry up and go into the inn room, which is empty now that you've packed up your belongings.

> _

« Reply #827 on: June 15, 2011, 02:30:16 PM »
> Let go of Konngara, and pull out the futon.
> "Ah, here, you can rest here tonight..."

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #828 on: June 15, 2011, 02:32:42 PM »
> Let go of Konngara, and pull out the futon.
> "Ah, here, you can rest here tonight..."

> You let go of Konngara and pull out the futon.
> She just nods again.

> _

« Reply #829 on: June 15, 2011, 02:36:34 PM »
> ... She really needs this.
> Take off the backpack holding our stuff, and gently give Konngara a hug.

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #830 on: June 15, 2011, 02:46:50 PM »
> ... She really needs this.
> Take off the backpack holding our stuff, and gently give Konngara a hug.

> She needs this...
> You gently give Konngara a hug, and she wraps her arms around you and starts to sob quietly.

> _

« Reply #831 on: June 15, 2011, 02:49:45 PM »
> Stroke her hair. "I'm sorry..."

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #832 on: June 15, 2011, 02:55:57 PM »
> Stroke her hair. "I'm sorry..."

> She just hiccups and nods.

> _

« Reply #833 on: June 15, 2011, 02:57:04 PM »
> Stay there as long as it takes for Konngara to go to sleep.

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #834 on: June 15, 2011, 03:00:20 PM »
> Stay there as long as it takes for Konngara to go to sleep.

> You stay with her and let her cry it out, and eventually she does go to sleep.

> _

« Reply #835 on: June 15, 2011, 03:05:13 PM »
> Tuck her into the futon, and brush her hair away from her face.
> "I'm really sorry, Konngara... that I couldn't be what you wanted me to be... and that I tried to change you... dream well, and I hope you can be happy with Kikuri."
> Kiss her on her head, next to her horn, stand up, take our things, and quietly head home.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #836 on: June 15, 2011, 03:28:01 PM »
Damn Sect, you trying to make her into an ax murderer?

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #837 on: June 15, 2011, 04:01:14 PM »
> Tuck her into the futon, and brush her hair away from her face.
> "I'm really sorry, Konngara... that I couldn't be what you wanted me to be... and that I tried to change you... dream well, and I hope you can be happy with Kikuri."
> Kiss her on her head, next to her horn, stand up, take our things, and quietly head home.

> You tuck her into the futon and brush her hair away from her face.
> Even though things happened the way they did, she can still dream well.
> Hopefully, she can be happy with Kikuri.
> You give her a kiss on the head, and gather your things together, and head home.

> You head home from the Underground after what feels like a very long day, heading up Youkai Mountain without incident.  It's dark out, now, and the snow comes down quietly.
> Upon reaching the shrine, you pile your stuff in your room and get ready for bed, performing the usual rituals of brushing your teeth and getting into some warm, comfy pajamas.  Right before slipping between the warm covers of your futon, you creep into Kogasa's room and give her a goodnight kiss on the forehead.  Her content expression gives you the feeling she's having a very good dream.
> You head back into your room and fall asleep, thinking about a tall tower, a dragon-infested moat, zaku guards, a noble karakasa knight, and a green haired priestess with long, long hair.
> That priestess is you.
> That night, you dream about just that.  As far as you're concerned, you're perfectly okay with having these kinds of fun dreams forever.

> The very next day, you are overcome with curiosity about the meeting at the SDM, and head on over there to speak with Patchouli.  She's quite frank, and says that it was a success; she also in a cryptic tone to go take a look at the Myouren Temple.  Heeding her words, you fly off to the Human Village.
> The Myouren Temple, which was at first flowerless and even a little bare, is now flourishing with beautiful flowers in spite of the winter cold.  As you're admiring the view, you briefly see Konngara and Kikuri walking through the courtyard.
> Heh, looks like she went and visited after all.

> After a few days, Madotsuki recovers from her fever; you are aware of this because the first place she goes is the Moriya Shrine.  She seems to be in much better spirits, and as the days go by, she visits you frequently, telling you about dreams she's had and things that have happened in the Netherworld.  Compared to how withdrawn and nervous she was when you first met her, this warmth and trust she's giving you is very welcome.  She's getting along well with Kogasa, too.

> Days turn into weeks, and eventually the snow starts to melt.  With the snow seems to melt Reimu's hostile demeanor, and while she hasn't defrosted completely, she seems to have taken on a more calm and collected persona than an irritable, distrustful one.  You also notice that whenever you visit the Hakurei Shrine, there's a good chance Satori is usually there, too.  Although Reimu never says anything to you outright, you get the feeling she's grateful to you, at least a little bit.
> The first day of spring arrives with a bang provided by none other than Lily White showering Gensokyo in danmaku.  Accompanied by this event is Suwako-sama waking up and freaking out over the ink on her face.  As you're giggling at her rushing to the pond behind the shrine, you see Youmu coming up the shrine steps.
> Looks like you've got Yuyuko's permission to use the ghosts to power the robot, after all.  Kanako-sama is a little skeptical, but she figures that if it's used as entertainment during the Spring Equinox Festival, then it's okay.
> The festival itself is a riotous event that takes place at the Moriya Shrine, and for once a lot of people actually bother making the climb up the mountain, and you're pretty sure that even a lot of people from the Former Hell showed up.  The lamprey girl, Mystia Lorelei, comes with a few tengu helping her carry her stand up the mountain.  Suika comes with Koishi, as well as a blue haired celestial you don't recognize.  They come with a few bottles of sake, and after a few drinks Suwako-sama is engaged in a danmaku fight against Suika herself, and they draw a lot of attention.
> Madotsuki is also one of the first to show up to help with the festival, and you promptly have her dressed up in her altered shrine maiden outfit.  She's kept busy during the day passing around drinks and handing out fortunes, but she has a lot of fun, if her smiles and laughter are any indication.
> The festival ends with Madotsuki directing a huge horde of ghosts into Hisoutensoku.  This proves to be comically awkward, as the ghosts have trouble telling left from right.  Still, Suika is more than happy to have a mock fight with the giant robot, a mock fight which is met with many cheers.
> You also note during the festival that Satori and Reimu were holding hands at one point.  You can't help but grin in satisfaction.

> After the Day of Kikuri and a very quiet winter, spring...well, springs up on you with a livelihood you've almost forgotten.  Koishi, Okuu, and now Madotsuki visit the shrine often, and the days are never boring.  The Human Village eventually regains its agricultural dominance with the new greenhouse built at the edge of the village and retilled fields.  You are soon able to get a plethora of fruits and vegetables to improve your cooking prowess with, straight from the greenhouse itself.  Despite Yuuka being as violent as she was when you first met her, she's surprisingly good at gardening.
> As for the Radio Tower, the faeries seem to have founded it as a safe haven, and Nitori is a quite respectable figure in their eyes.  The kappa is still terrified of leaving the mountain, and you don't think you will ever know the reason.  Still, if Marisa is with her when they go to the Radio Tower, she seems to be okay.
> As time goes on, your dream world seems to grow and flourish.  Everyone from Madotsuki's dream world is making their place in the world you created, and you even see Madotsuki sometimes, lurking around in what you assume is a shared dream between you and her.  You occassionally come across the little Konngara, who is as shy as ever but doesn't really object to hanging out with you when the mood strikes, something that you think could be reflected in the real world.
> Things are a little awkward between you and Konngara at first, but eventually you're able to conclude that you've gained a valuable friend.

> At one point, Suwako-sama comes to you and gives you a small box.  With her usual ribbit-giggles, she hopes away, and you look at the contents inside.
> A slug hairpin.  You told her what happened to you shortly after she got all the ink off her face, after all.  You're still getting used to pretty much being on the same level as Kanako-sama and Suwako-sama, so you pocket the slug hairpin for now.  You'll start wearing it when you get your own shrine.
> ...Hm, maybe Madotsuki could be the shrine maiden there~  Hee hee~

> One night, you hear Madotsuki's voice calling out to you.  Heading out into the courtyard, you see her, and realize that for the first time, her eyes are open.
> They're beautiful.  You wish she had kept them open more often.
> Just as she promised she would, Madotsuki came to you to let you know that she's ready to move on.  She thanks you for everything you've done for her, and gives you one last hug before disappearing into the aether.
> A single brown feather is left behind, and your vision is blurred with tears.

> Ascension Ending!

Credits:
> Story and art: Himiko
> Original inspiration: Yume Nikki
> Thanks again for making this quest a good one!

> See you next Phantasm!

> _
« Last Edit: June 15, 2011, 04:03:41 PM by 日巫子 »

Re: Sanae Quest (Part 6) (Postgame)
« Reply #838 on: June 15, 2011, 04:12:26 PM »
> \o/

> So, thinking of post game questions to ask, but the first one should be clear: How long did you expect the game to take? Not in real time, but as far as sequence of events? There really didn't seem to be a clear goal at the end, like there was with Parsee Quest ("Defeat Kikuri").

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
Re: Sanae Quest (Part 6) (Postgame)
« Reply #839 on: June 15, 2011, 04:14:04 PM »
> \o/

> So, thinking of post game questions to ask, but the first one should be clear: How long did you expect the game to take? Not in real time, but as far as sequence of events? There really didn't seem to be a clear goal at the end, like there was with Parsee Quest ("Defeat Kikuri").

> \o\ /o/
> I was actually expecting Sanae Quest to be only two threads, with Maribel being the "final boss", but then again, I expected Parsee Quest to be four threads...

> _