Author Topic: (Skyseas of Gensokyo) Nazrin Quest (Part 2)  (Read 55790 times)

Kips McKipzerson

• I never did learn
Re: (Skyseas of Gensokyo) Nazrin Quest (Part 2)
« Reply #810 on: June 16, 2011, 04:44:23 AM »
>"So, Are you gunna start her off where you did with me? Cuz iunno if this one can handle it, what with you shooting stuff everywhere."
>"What, No ketchup?"

« Reply #811 on: June 16, 2011, 05:00:34 AM »
>"So, Are you gunna start her off where you did with me? Cuz iunno if this one can handle it, what with you shooting stuff everywhere."

>"I can handle it!" Honey says bravely.
>Marisa frowns. "Geez, Naz, give me some credit here." Her expression gives way to a grin. "'side, you heard the girl."

>"What, No ketchup?"

>Marisa slides the bottle of ketchup on the table towards you. "Knock yourself out."

>"Much obliged."
>Pilfer the odd fry as we work our through that cheeseburger.

>She just chuckles and pops in another fry.
>You set to work on lunch. You burger is as good as it looks - thick and substantial and juicy. The cheese is undistinguished cheddar, but that does little to hurt the overall effect. You snag a fry from time to time, although you find the contents of that plate vanish alarmingly quickly - Marisa's frame belies her appetite. You've been forced to assume that her magic and boundless enthusiasm burn through energy like nobody's business. You pass the meal with small talk between yourself and Marisa, and the occasional remark from Honey. The latter finishes her sundae before either of you are done, flopping back against the booth with a contented sigh, but soon enough you find yourself on the late bite.

>"Well, that hit the spot," Marisa says, having already polished off the last of her own meal. "Got places to run to, though, so I probably ought to head off soon."
>"I don't have to race you again, do I?" Honey says, frowning.
>"Not after you just ate half your weight in ice cream, anyhow. I'm not gonna be that rough with ya."
>"Yay..."

Kips McKipzerson

• I never did learn
« Reply #812 on: June 16, 2011, 05:04:13 AM »
>"Hey, Didja already pay?"
>"Oh, and she's not going to be that rough with you yet."

« Reply #813 on: June 16, 2011, 05:24:09 AM »
>"What, No ketchup?"

Bollux. Knew I forgot something on that order.

>"And I still have to get back on the road myself, If I wanna make Easthaven by nightfall."

« Reply #814 on: June 16, 2011, 05:30:33 AM »
>"Hey, Didja already pay?"
>"Oh, and she's not going to be that rough with you yet."

>"I'll get the bill on the way out," she says.

>"I- I can take it," Honey says. "I have to! I'm gonna be the best sidekick ever!"
>"Oh, stop scaring her Naz," Marisa says, then turns to Honey. "And that's the spirit! We'll get you whipped into shape in no time."
>You can practically see the color drain from Honey's face. "W- whipped?!" She draws back in the booth.
>"Er, um, figure of speech." Marisa rubs her head. "Forget the whips. No whips. This is a whip-free zone over here."
>She throws an annoyed look in your direction. "See? Look what you made me do."

>"And I still have to get back on the road myself, If I wanna make Easthaven by nightfall."

>"Might be a tall order," Marisa says. "Probably lucky to get there by midnight now."

« Reply #815 on: June 16, 2011, 05:37:02 AM »
>Laugh at our mentor's discomfort.
>"Your choice of words, Mari, not mine."
>Pause.
>"But honestly, Honey, you'll do fine. You've got the right spirit, and that makes all the difference. And Marissa's not as bad as some people would have you believe. I mean, she was my mentor when I was a fledgling Seeker, and I didn't turn out too bad. We may joke each other all the time, but that doesn't mean I don't know how skilled she is."

« Reply #816 on: June 16, 2011, 05:43:19 AM »
>Laugh at our mentor's discomfort.
>"Your choice of words, Mari, not mine."

>"Technicality!" she mutters.

>"But honestly, Honey, you'll do fine. You've got the right spirit, and that makes all the difference. And Marissa's not as bad as some people would have you believe. I mean, she was my mentor when I was a fledgling Seeker, and I didn't turn out too bad. We may joke each other all the time, but that doesn't mean I don't know how skilled she is."

>Honey nods slowly. "O- ok."
>"Aww, Naz. I'm touched!" She brings her hands to her heart with an exaggerated gesture. "But nah, you'll be fine, Honey."
>"I'll do my best!" she says.

« Reply #817 on: June 16, 2011, 06:07:07 AM »
>Move on out, back to our horse. The road awaits.

« Reply #818 on: June 16, 2011, 06:20:07 AM »
>Move on out, back to our horse. The road awaits.

>You say your goodbyes to the two of them and then depart for the guild, where you left your horse tethered.
>It appears to have been patiently waiting for you, although by now you would be quite surprised to see it wait in any other fashion. The road indeed awaits.

« Reply #819 on: June 16, 2011, 06:27:20 AM »
>"'s just you and me now, Steady. No fairys to teach this time."
>...Okay that sounded lonlier than it should've. Besides, she's in good hands.
>Unhitch our ride here and make for the highway.

« Reply #820 on: June 16, 2011, 06:46:06 AM »
>"'s just you and me now, Steady. No fairys to teach this time."
>...Okay that sounded lonlier than it should've. Besides, she's in good hands.
>Unhitch our ride here and make for the highway.

>You say a few words to the horse, and then muse on Honey's departure. It'll be interesting to see whether she keeps the wherewithall she seems to have, although if there were anyone you could bounce enthusiasm off of, it'd be Marisa. It'll be quieter on the road back, though...
>You unhitch the horse, mount the cart, then depart. Soon enough you find the buildings of Braston falling away behind you as you ride the road out of town. Easthaven awaits!

« Reply #821 on: June 16, 2011, 06:50:34 AM »
>'least this time there won't be a belligerant fairy warrior by the bridge waiting to intercept passer-bys. Hopefully. And traveling on a full stomach ain't so bad either.
>Precious little about this job worked out the easy way. Is it too much to ask for an easier task finding those missing cows? Probably.
>Travel on.

« Reply #822 on: June 16, 2011, 07:18:08 AM »
>'least this time there won't be a belligerant fairy warrior by the bridge waiting to intercept passer-bys. Hopefully. And traveling on a full stomach ain't so bad either.
>Precious little about this job worked out the easy way. Is it too much to ask for an easier task finding those missing cows? Probably.
>Travel on.

>Thinking on jobs past and jobs to come, you travel onward. Minutes stretch in hours, and then into more hours. A thinly foggy day turns into a damp evening as you ride on in silence, save for the sounds of your transit and the nature around you. The time of your departure means you pass very few people traveling towards Braston, and the pace you're keeping means you pass nearly as few in the other direction. No irate farmers bar your path, no accusations are hurled your way. Little more is spoken but idle pleasantries with those few you do meet, as each of you ride towards your own destinations. You cross the bridge without incident this time, accosted by neither fairy swordsmen nor clawed youkai. A busy morning is capped by a quiet and solitary evening; perhaps not an unwelcome contrast.
>You left Braston later than you did yesterday, though the horse compensates for much of that. Still, the sun sets while you're still on the road, and it's fully dark before the lights of Easthaven come into view, shining dimly through the misty night.

« Reply #823 on: June 16, 2011, 07:26:01 AM »
>Start keeping an eye out for... what was the nightlight fairy's name, Shimmer?
>"You anxious to get home, Steady?"
>Make for Ichirin's place. Time enough to tell Isato about his own horses tomorrow.

« Reply #824 on: June 16, 2011, 06:59:57 PM »
>Start keeping an eye out for... what was the nightlight fairy's name, Shimmer?
>"You anxious to get home, Steady?"
>Make for Ichirin's place. Time enough to tell Isato about his own horses tomorrow.

>You start keeping an eye out for Shimmer as you draw nearer the village.
>You horse makes no reply. You think he's getting pretty exhausted now, too, having traveled all the way to Braston and back within a single day. Almost home now, though...
>You drive towards Ichirin's, passing the fields on the outskirts of town and then driving through the village center. Things are even less active tonight than they were yesterday, although there are still lights about and you can hear the scattered person talking. You turn onto the road past most of the village and towards the orphanage.

>You efforts to spot Shimmer seem to have been unnecessary, as a form dives out of a big tree as you approach the orphanage and swoops down in front of your path, trailing dimly shimmering motes light behind her.
>"Heya!"

« Reply #825 on: June 17, 2011, 12:22:32 AM »
>Well, that was quicker than expected. And friendlier than the last time, as well.
>"Evening. Thought I might see you soon enough."

« Reply #826 on: June 17, 2011, 12:37:43 AM »
>Well, that was quicker than expected. And friendlier than the last time, as well.
>"Evening. Thought I might see you soon enough."

>"This is my spot, after all," she says. "Besides, Ichi asked me to keep an eye out for you if you came back this way." She frowns at you. "Don't you go causing any more trouble for her, you hear?"

« Reply #827 on: June 17, 2011, 12:42:25 AM »
>"With a bit of luck, I'll be solving problems tomorrow. That's what I came here for."
>"And whaddya mean, 'more trouble'?"

« Reply #828 on: June 17, 2011, 12:46:40 AM »
>"With a bit of luck, I'll be solving problems tomorrow. That's what I came here for."
>"And whaddya mean, 'more trouble'?"

>"Some grumpy-face came by and was all grumpy at her. And I know it's your fault somehow," she says, waving a finger at you. "That and you made her sad, and that's no good at all."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #829 on: June 17, 2011, 12:59:02 AM »
>"Actually, it'd be Cirno's fault, if you ever heard of her."
>If she doesn't seem to recognize Cirno, or be a fan, add, "A pain in everyone's butt, that one."

« Reply #830 on: June 17, 2011, 01:13:09 AM »
>"Actually, it'd be Cirno's fault, if you ever heard of her."
>If she doesn't seem to recognize Cirno, or be a fan, add, "A pain in everyone's butt, that one."

>Shimmer frowns uncertainly as you mention Cirno. You take that as a lack of recognition, and then offer your opinion on her.
>"No, no, he was definitely talking about you," she says. "I heard him."

« Reply #831 on: June 17, 2011, 01:31:34 AM »
>So it was a him.
>Give Shimmer a description of Jirou.
>"Was that him?"

« Reply #832 on: June 17, 2011, 01:36:56 AM »
>So it was a him.
>Give Shimmer a description of Jirou.
>"Was that him?"

>On a hunch, you give Shimmer a description of Jirou.
>"Yeah!" she says. "Big old grumpy-face. I don't like him, and it was your fault he was here, so you better feel sorry about it."

« Reply #833 on: June 17, 2011, 01:54:59 AM »
>Him again....
>"Not as sorry as he's gonna be. That's twice now he's given me trouble. Though I never expected him to have words with Ichirin..."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #834 on: June 17, 2011, 02:03:00 AM »
Is he on the list for a verbal asskicking? Because I think we oughta give him a verbal asskicking.

« Reply #835 on: June 17, 2011, 02:04:03 AM »
Verbal and/or literal. I'm easy either way.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #836 on: June 17, 2011, 02:07:16 AM »
=D

« Reply #837 on: June 17, 2011, 02:10:35 AM »
>Him again....
>"Not as sorry as he's gonna be. That's twice now he's given me trouble. Though I never expected him to have words with Ichirin..."

>So it appears...
>"Yeah, well... well..." Shimmer pauses, frowning. "Well, uh, maybe you should have!"
>Her face droops a bit. "Ichi made me get out of his way. I- I could have totally told him to be grumpy somewhere else."

« Reply #838 on: June 17, 2011, 02:24:18 AM »
>"It might be better that you didn't. I don't think he likes fairy's very much, and Ichirin would definately be sad if he had made you dissapear. And he probably would have tried."
>"Don't you worry about him, anymore. If I see him again, I'll settle his hash."
>Tomorrow, of course. Issues or not, rather not deal with an ornery old man after a long day involving lots of road travel.

« Reply #839 on: June 17, 2011, 02:31:47 AM »
>"It might be better that you didn't. I don't think he likes fairy's very much, and Ichirin would definately be sad if he had made you dissapear. And he probably would have tried."
>"Don't you worry about him, anymore. If I see him again, I'll settle his hash."
>Tomorrow, of course. Issues or not, rather not deal with an ornery old man after a long day involving lots of road travel.

>"Gotta catch me first," she says, doing a little loop through the air. "Like to see old grumpy-face try to fly."
>"You better!" she say, putting her hands on her hips.
>Jirou is certainly among the last people you care to talk with right now.