Author Topic: (Skyseas of Gensokyo) Nazrin Quest (Part 2)  (Read 55715 times)

Re: (Skyseas of Gensokyo) Nazrin Quest (Part 2)
« Reply #690 on: June 14, 2011, 05:52:55 AM »
>".. Make a note of it for later. I still have an outstanding job in Easthaven."
>"Speaking of outstanding jobs, was there a smaller fairy with Cirno, sort of her own personal cheering squad?"

« Reply #691 on: June 14, 2011, 06:02:00 AM »
>"No thanks, I like all my limbs attached to my body."

>She feigns indignation. "I'm hurt, Naz! What kind of nutcase do you take me for? I'm sure you'd make it though in one piece." She laughs, and grins again. "Might need a new wardrobe, though."

>".. Make a note of it for later. I still have an outstanding job in Easthaven."
>"Speaking of outstanding jobs, was there a smaller fairy with Cirno, sort of her own personal cheering squad?"

>"Ha! Practically running off your feet already."
>She chuckles. "Fiery little thing. Probably still chasing after me." She scans the skyline.

« Reply #692 on: June 14, 2011, 06:14:48 AM »
>Try not to show relief. Wait, why relief? 's not like fairy's can be permanently hurt, anyway. ... Maybe we'd miss her. A little.
>"So little Honey managed to stay out of the line of fire, did she? Good for her. Either that or your restraint's improving."

« Reply #693 on: June 14, 2011, 06:23:04 AM »
>Try not to show relief. Wait, why relief? 's not like fairy's can be permanently hurt, anyway. ... Maybe we'd miss her. A little.
>"So little Honey managed to stay out of the line of fire, did she? Good for her. Either that or your restraint's improving."

>You try not to show relief for Honey's continued physical cohesion. And then attempt to rationalize this to yourself.
>"Don't count on it," she grins. "But nah, Cirno said it had to be one-on-one. The other one just watched. And then when Cirno went poof, well..." She chuckles a little uncomfortably. "She wanted me to teach her. Something about being a 'better sidekick'."
>She takes another look at the sky. "So I told her to race me."

« Reply #694 on: June 14, 2011, 06:31:56 AM »
>How dare you try to trade me in for a better boss, you little ingrate!

>Try not to laugh at that. ... Okay, laugh anyway. Didn't see that coming.
>"Hahaha... She wanted you to WHAT? Oh, that is SO like her!"
« Last Edit: June 14, 2011, 06:33:53 AM by Sourfang »

« Reply #695 on: June 14, 2011, 06:42:12 AM »
>How dare you try to trade me in for a better boss, you little ingrate!

>"Oh yeah?" comes a voice from above. "Honey... Spark!!"

>Try not to laugh at that. ... Okay, laugh anyway. Didn't see that coming.
>"Hahaha... She wanted you to WHAT? Oh, that is SO like her!"

>You try to hold back your laughter, but it's just too much for you.
>"She tries, I'll give her that," Marisa says, still looking at the sky. "But I think I lost sight of her before I got halfway back. Wonder if she got lost or somethin'..."

« Reply #696 on: June 14, 2011, 06:44:15 AM »
>A Marissa-trained fairy. Wonder what the result of that would be?
>"She didn't happen to have a cat with her, did she?"

« Reply #697 on: June 14, 2011, 06:48:54 AM »
>A Marissa-trained fairy. Wonder what the result of that would be?
>"She didn't happen to have a cat with her, did she?"

>Either a very determined fairy or a very vaporized one, you're willing to bet...
>Marisa tilts her head and frowns. "A cat? Uh, now that you mention it, I think she pawned one off on Naoki when she flew after us to watch the fight. Why?"

« Reply #698 on: June 14, 2011, 06:54:11 AM »
>I'll be jiggered. Little girl actually did it.
>"Because I asked her to fly around the guildhall until you showed up, see if she could find a stray cat for that gang of fairys I met before heading off to Easthaven yesterday. I did tell them I'd try to get another cat for them, and Honey didn't want to miss the fight, so... Best of both worlds."
>"Was Naoki still in the guildhall when you left?"

« Reply #699 on: June 14, 2011, 06:59:32 AM »
>I'll be jiggered. Little girl actually did it.
>"Because I asked her to fly around the guildhall until you showed up, see if she could find a stray cat for that gang of fairys I met before heading off to Easthaven yesterday. I did tell them I'd try to get another cat for them, and Honey didn't want to miss the fight, so... Best of both worlds."
>"Was Naoki still in the guildhall when you left?"

>"So that's two people you got running errands for you at once, already?" Marisa's grin widens. "I knew you'd be good at this."
>She nods. "Yup. Honey didn't want the cat getting the crossfire or something."

« Reply #700 on: June 14, 2011, 07:05:17 AM »
>"Hey, I choose to think of it as doing her a favor. And she had the foresight to leave it behind..."
>"Yknow... that little fairy's been a pleasant surprise. If she manages- WHEN she manages to find you, because I'm pretty certain she will, you actually should consider showing her some of the ropes."

Kips McKipzerson

• I never did learn
« Reply #701 on: June 14, 2011, 07:10:10 AM »
>"The fact I'm seeing potential in a fairy's either showing how those two could really be something, or that I'm just losing my intellectual superiority over you. I mean what?"
>"What exactly did Cirno do anyways? Like was she reckless or was she thinking her moves out or what?"

« Reply #702 on: June 14, 2011, 07:30:04 AM »
>"Hey, I choose to think of it as doing her a favor. And she had the foresight to leave it behind..."
>"Yknow... that little fairy's been a pleasant surprise. If she manages- WHEN she manages to find you, because I'm pretty certain she will, you actually should consider showing her some of the ropes."

>"Probably a good thing, too," Marisa says. "Nearly clipped her once as it was."
>Marisa frowns and scratches her head. "Really? I mean, she's got spunk and all, but..."

>"The fact I'm seeing potential in a fairy's either showing how those two could really be something, or that I'm just losing my intellectual superiority over you. I mean what?"
>"What exactly did Cirno do anyways? Like was she reckless or was she thinking her moves out or what?"

>She laughs and shakes her head. "Cirno is something, anyway. If she gets better at it, who knows?"
>"Reckless, smug, and really obvious," Marisa says. "But she's got some neat tricks with that ice of hers."
>She flips her broom around. You can see some ice crystals among the bristles.
>"Had to thaw it out a little for the return trip. Kinda get drag when you're flying a popsicle."

« Reply #703 on: June 14, 2011, 07:43:37 AM »
>Smirk.
>"Yeah, no doubt. Though knowing you, you might actually try it when summer's at its worst."
>"But seriously, Mari, Honey's got more focus than you might think for a fairy. I mean, when she has something to focus on. I actually let her drive my horse on the way back into town, and she handled it easily. She's got her little heart set on being Cirno's 'sidekick', and being a damn good one at that. You know better than most what someone with that kind of determination can amount to."

« Reply #704 on: June 14, 2011, 08:01:12 AM »
>Smirk.
>"Yeah, no doubt. Though knowing you, you might actually try it when summer's at its worst."

>"Huh. That's not a half bad idea, actually." She peers at the broom thoughtfully.

>"But seriously, Mari, Honey's got more focus than you might think for a fairy. I mean, when she has something to focus on. I actually let her drive my horse on the way back into town, and she handled it easily. She's got her little heart set on being Cirno's 'sidekick', and being a damn good one at that. You know better than most what someone with that kind of determination can amount to."

>"Eh, I dunno... Fairies can be like that one day, and then off to somethin' else the next."
>She pauses and gives you an odd look. "You actually kinda like her, don't ya?"

E-Nazrin

• .... what're you looking at?
  • fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #705 on: June 14, 2011, 08:03:32 AM »
>"Already proposed."
>"Didn't hurt to have a traveling companion for the trip back."
There was something here once. Wonder what...

« Reply #706 on: June 14, 2011, 08:05:38 AM »
>Work our mouth for a moment.
>"I-"
>Denial comes easy, but this is Marissa. May as well be honest.
>"...Maybe I do."

« Reply #707 on: June 14, 2011, 08:14:50 AM »
>"Already proposed."
>"Didn't hurt to have a traveling companion for the trip back."

>"And you're brave enough to let her alone with me like that?" She flashes an unsettling smirk. "Wow, you've got some confidence in her faithfulness."
>"Sure, sure," she says, grinning at you.

>Work our mouth for a moment.
>"I-"
>Denial comes easy, but this is Marissa. May as well be honest.
>"...Maybe I do."

>"Ha!" She gives you a little poke in the forehead. "Tell you what, I'll give her a chance if she doesn't get bored or run off somewhere. I'm kinda hanging around Braston for a bit now, anyway. Who knows, might be worth a laugh or two."

« Reply #708 on: June 14, 2011, 08:48:10 AM »
>Grin, then bite after her finger. Don't actually bite it, of course, but just to let her know not to go poking casually.
>Smile a little after that.
>"Thanks, Mari."

« Reply #709 on: June 14, 2011, 07:43:45 PM »
>Grin, then bite after her finger. Don't actually bite it, of course, but just to let her know not to go poking casually.
>Smile a little after that.
>"Thanks, Mari."

>You grin and snap after her finger as she withdraws it.
>"Geez, if you're that starving, I can just buy you lunch," she quips.
>"Eh, don't get your hopes up, but I'll see how it goes."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #710 on: June 14, 2011, 07:47:52 PM »
>"Deal."

« Reply #711 on: June 14, 2011, 07:51:51 PM »
>"Deal."

>"What, about lunch?" She laughs. "Well, I guess you caught me now. Probably oughta wait for that fairy of yours to catch up first through, or who knows where she'll end up to."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #712 on: June 14, 2011, 08:25:45 PM »
>"So, did Cirno even get to do anything? When I tangled with her, she waved that sword twice, then most of it was me beating her in the face while she froze my arm."

« Reply #713 on: June 14, 2011, 08:48:50 PM »
>"So, did Cirno even get to do anything? When I tangled with her, she waved that sword twice, then most of it was me beating her in the face while she froze my arm."

>"Well, I said I wanted to see what she could do, right? So I went easy on her for a bit. She couldn't really move fast enough in the air to hit me with that sword of hers, but she started gettin' a bit more creative after she got frustrated with missing. I mean, she half-froze my broom and I nearly got an icicle in the face once. Then she tried hittin' my shots back at me with that sword." She chuckles. "That, uh, wasn't so bright an idea. Can't blame her for tryin', though!"

Kips McKipzerson

• I never did learn
« Reply #714 on: June 14, 2011, 08:51:49 PM »
>Imagine Cirno trying to bat Marisa's shots back.
>oh god that is hilarious

« Reply #715 on: June 14, 2011, 09:55:00 PM »
>Oh yeah, that sword was just a mundane sword, wasn't it. Chuckle shortly at the thought of Cirno tennis.
>"Come to think of it... That sword, did it actually dissapear with her? I'd never seen a fairy with a sword, wasn't sure how that worked."

« Reply #716 on: June 14, 2011, 10:35:30 PM »
>Imagine Cirno trying to bat Marisa's shots back.
>oh god that is hilarious

>You imagine Cirno's ill-conceived attempts to deflect explosive intangible magic with a physical object and find yourself snickering again.

>Oh yeah, that sword was just a mundane sword, wasn't it. Chuckle shortly at the thought of Cirno tennis.
>"Come to think of it... That sword, did it actually dissapear with her? I'd never seen a fairy with a sword, wasn't sure how that worked."

>Cirno tennis... Would that be played with an ice fairy as the opponent or as the ball?
>Marisa frowns. "Yeah, it did, now that you mention it. Huh."

« Reply #717 on: June 14, 2011, 11:06:51 PM »
>"That might actually be for the best. I mean, if it had stayed behind, Honey might've tried to pick up, and you'd have her dragging it all the way back here. She may have spirit, but I doubt sword-hauling is in the cards for her."

« Reply #718 on: June 14, 2011, 11:09:17 PM »
>"That might actually be for the best. I mean, if it had stayed behind, Honey might've tried to pick up, and you'd have her dragging it all the way back here. She may have spirit, but I doubt sword-hauling is in the cards for her."

>Marisa chuckles. "Well that's one thing I certainly can't teach her, anyways. Although it might be a good laugh to see her try."

« Reply #719 on: June 14, 2011, 11:15:08 PM »
>That actually is a hilarious mental image, little Honey dragging a sword through the streets behind her. Might even be a better sight than CIrno's driving, albeit much less dangerous.
>Wait for Honey to turn up.