Author Topic: (Skyseas of Gensokyo) Nazrin Quest (Part 2)  (Read 55798 times)

Re: (Skyseas of Gensokyo) Nazrin Quest (Part 2)
« Reply #660 on: June 14, 2011, 12:43:16 AM »
>"No! No, nothing like that."
>"I convinced the fairy that had issues with Isato to return the food to where it belonged, and I was traveling with her, just to make sure she made good. We ran into some farmers outside of town that had issues with the fairy, but I managed to diffuse the situation. It's just, in the event I run into them again, I wanna have some papers with me to prove good on my word, and to prove that I did, in fact, put things right."
>"Plus there's the papers for my boss, as well. You know how that goes."

>She mulls this over for a moment. "Ok, fine, I hear ya." She signs the form.

« Reply #661 on: June 14, 2011, 12:48:35 AM »
>"Life of a Seeker. It's rarely dull."
>If this is how the routine jobs are, makes a mouse wonder what the more exotic job're gonna be like once we hit the big times.
>Assume we need our own signature on this as well? If so, apply our mark.

« Reply #662 on: June 14, 2011, 01:02:03 AM »
>"Life of a Seeker. It's rarely dull."
>If this is how the routine jobs are, makes a mouse wonder what the more exotic job're gonna be like once we hit the big times.
>Assume we need our own signature on this as well? If so, apply our mark.

>"So the stories go," she says.
>Well, this one turned out to be rather less routine than it was on paper. But still, some of the stories you hear...
>It does indeed require your own signature. You sign the forms, and the owner nods.
>"Anything else you need from me?" she asks.

« Reply #663 on: June 14, 2011, 01:07:05 AM »
>IS there anything else we need in an official capacity?

« Reply #664 on: June 14, 2011, 01:09:40 AM »
>IS there anything else we need in an official capacity?

>You've got the appropriate paperwork signed - a copy for her own records and one for the guild. There are no other official requirements.

« Reply #665 on: June 14, 2011, 01:15:41 AM »
>"Actually, now that you mention it...."
>"That kappa that was here the other day, when I was here to take the job. Has she been in today?"

« Reply #666 on: June 14, 2011, 01:37:19 AM »
>"Actually, now that you mention it...."
>"That kappa that was here the other day, when I was here to take the job. Has she been in today?"

>"Uh, no..." She frowns uncertainly. "Why?"

« Reply #667 on: June 14, 2011, 01:53:31 AM »
>Give a shake of the head.
>"Oh, was nothing important. Just a passing curiousity, really. Might be as well, actually, gotta get back to the guildhall anyway."
>Bid the lady adieu, and hoof it back to HQ.

« Reply #668 on: June 14, 2011, 02:26:30 AM »
>Give a shake of the head.
>"Oh, was nothing important. Just a passing curiousity, really. Might be as well, actually, gotta get back to the guildhall anyway."
>Bid the lady adieu, and hoof it back to HQ.

>You shake your head, then say your goodbyes.
>"Thanks again!" she says, waving you off. "Stop back and have something one of this days. I'll even throw in a discount!"
>You make your way back to the guild on foot, leaving Isato's cart by the back of the Melon Bowl for the owner to deal with. You arrive at the guild several minutes later; the horse you rode in on still tethered by the side of it.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #669 on: June 14, 2011, 02:27:31 AM »
>Brace self, head inside.

« Reply #670 on: June 14, 2011, 02:32:28 AM »
>Brace self, head inside.

>You brace yourself and head inside. Fortunately the interior seems neither scorched nor frozen nor Master Spark'd into rubble. Nor are there angry voices yelling at each other or sight people nursing slash wounds. It's almost a little... underwhelming.
>"Your friends left without you," the apprentice at the front says in that same dry tone as earlier.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #671 on: June 14, 2011, 02:34:10 AM »
>"Where are they?"

« Reply #672 on: June 14, 2011, 02:36:27 AM »
>"Where are they?"

>She shrugs. "Who knows. Marisa wanted to give them some space. Not in a hurry to knock another hole in the wall, I guess."
« Last Edit: June 14, 2011, 02:56:10 AM by DracoOmega »

« Reply #673 on: June 14, 2011, 03:02:57 AM »
>Another, eh. Figured that'd happened before.
>"Well, do you at least know which direction they went off in?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #674 on: June 14, 2011, 03:03:08 AM »
>"Oh dear. She's gotten rather socially minded about that, hasn't she? There may be hope yet."
>Turn in the paperwork!

« Reply #675 on: June 14, 2011, 03:07:30 AM »
>Another, eh. Figured that'd happened before.
>"Well, do you at least know which direction they went off in?"

>Knowing her, you're almost more surprised it's only been once. Then again, you're sure Rinnosuke was none too happy about it...
>She doesn't even bother to shrug this time. "Didn't watch."

>"Oh dear. She's gotten rather socially minded about that, hasn't she? There may be hope yet."
>Turn in the paperwork!

>"Ha," she says humorlessly. "Good luck with that."
>You turn in the paperwork. The apprentice gives it an idle look over then puts it on the desk. "Right."

« Reply #676 on: June 14, 2011, 03:31:52 AM »
>Veritable font of enthusiasm, this one.
>Head back outside and scan the sky for lasers or flying ice chunks.

« Reply #677 on: June 14, 2011, 03:42:53 AM »
>Veritable font of enthusiasm, this one.
>Head back outside and scan the sky for lasers or flying ice chunks.

>Indeed.
>You head back outside and scan the sky for flying projectiles. The buildings themselves rather obscure your vision of anything far away, but nothing catches your eye at the moment. If they were going somewhere with space, there isn't really anything close by which is more open than the square itself. Maybe past most of the houses off to the south?
>Wait, you spot something moving in the distance, heading northward. Is... that Marisa herself? You think it might be.

« Reply #678 on: June 14, 2011, 03:45:47 AM »
>Follow that witch!

« Reply #679 on: June 14, 2011, 03:47:27 AM »
>Follow that witch!

>The fact that she's both airborne and moving in your general direction suggests you might be better off staying put for the moment.

« Reply #680 on: June 14, 2011, 03:49:08 AM »
>Might actually mean the match is done already. Naw, can't be that quick, can it?
>Stay put, then.

E-Nazrin

• .... what're you looking at?
  • fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #681 on: June 14, 2011, 03:55:17 AM »
>Where is she headed relative to us? Towards, away?
There was something here once. Wonder what...

« Reply #682 on: June 14, 2011, 03:57:00 AM »
>Where is she headed relative to us? Towards, away?

>Distinctly towards you.

>Might actually mean the match is done already. Naw, can't be that quick, can it?
>Stay put, then.

>Well, you've been gone somewhere near 30 minutes now. If Marisa arrived shortly after you left, well... it would probably be about as quick as she chose to make it, you suspect.
>You stay put and wait for her to approach. Soon, the moving figure draws near enough to resolve with certainty through the fog: it is indeed Marisa, and jetting at pretty high speed even for her. She swerves towards the open area in front of the guild as she closes in, giving her enough room to come to a stop without hitting anything.
>"Yo!" she calls out with a little wave as she comes in for a landing. "Barely a day on the job and you're already getting other people to do footwork for ya?" Her grin suggests she is not at all bothered by this.

« Reply #683 on: June 14, 2011, 04:35:30 AM »
>"I take it, then, you've... satsified Cirno's taste for a challenge?"

« Reply #684 on: June 14, 2011, 04:55:26 AM »
>"I take it, then, you've... satsified Cirno's taste for a challenge?"

>Marisa laughs brightly. "I'd say I gave her what she wanted. Er, what she asked for, anyway. Don't think she knew quite what she was getting into. Maybe it'll teach her a thing or two." There's a pause. "Nah, probably not. But man, she's not half wrong when she goes on about herself. Never would have thought a fairy could put up any fight at all. Was actually pretty fun."
>"Y'know..." she says, glancing in the direction of the guild, "I'd lay odds she could whoop most of the apprentices in there if they came at her straight-up." Then she frowns. "Er, don't tell them I said that."

« Reply #685 on: June 14, 2011, 05:05:44 AM »
>"She very nearly tried, as a matter of fact. She came awfully close to taking on everyone within sight in the common room. Probably would've done, if Rinnosuke hadn't come along when he did."
>"So she really was that strong? I had been wondering about that, she and I never really had it out. I mean, I figured you'd basically take her in one shot, unless you'd distracted her with some of your stories."

« Reply #686 on: June 14, 2011, 05:26:35 AM »
>"She very nearly tried, as a matter of fact. She came awfully close to taking on everyone within sight in the common room. Probably would've done, if Rinnosuke hadn't come along when he did."
>"So she really was that strong? I had been wondering about that, she and I never really had it out. I mean, I figured you'd basically take her in one shot, unless you'd distracted her with some of your stories."

>Marisa laughs. "So I heard! I think Kourin's a little irked about the whole thing, but eh..." She waves a hand dismissively. "Don't let that bother you."
>"Nah, thought I'd have a little fun with her. Not every day a fairy like her comes along; thought I'd see what she could do, y'know? Of course, way she tells it, she already kicked your ass. Gotten soft while I wasn't looking, Naz?" She grins at you.

« Reply #687 on: June 14, 2011, 05:34:47 AM »
>Fold arms, grin slightly, then point at her with tail.
>"How's about you test that theory for yourself, Mari."

« Reply #688 on: June 14, 2011, 05:42:05 AM »
>Fold arms, grin slightly, then point at her with tail.
>"How's about you test that theory for yourself, Mari."

>You fold your arms and grin, then bring your tail around and point at her with it.
>Marisa grins back fiercely. "I will, you know, it you really want me to."

Kips McKipzerson

• I never did learn
« Reply #689 on: June 14, 2011, 05:52:41 AM »
>"No thanks, I like all my limbs attached to my body."