Author Topic: (Skyseas of Gensokyo) Nazrin Quest (Part 2)  (Read 55775 times)

Re: (Skyseas of Gensokyo) Nazrin Quest (Part 2)
« Reply #630 on: June 13, 2011, 02:19:48 AM »
>"Well, some of it got eaten. And some's probably a little ripe. So, where do you want it?"

>"You have it with you now?" She perks up a little. "Bring it around to the back entrance, and, uh, don't suppose you could give me a hand unloading it? If there's still enough left of it, that is."

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
« Reply #631 on: June 13, 2011, 02:20:56 AM »
> "No problem.  I'll be right there."
> Head out and unhitch the horses.
> Bring the cart around the back of the store.

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

« Reply #632 on: June 13, 2011, 02:28:47 AM »
> "No problem.  I'll be right there."
> Head out and unhitch the horses.
> Bring the cart around the back of the store.

>"Thanks a million," she says, then disappears into the room behind the counter.
>You leave the restaurant and unhitch the horses, then bring the cart around to the back of the store. The woman is waiting for you outside the rear door by the time you get there. She takes a couple steps forward as you arrive and peers into the cart. The wary look on her face lightens considerably.
>"This... actually isn't too bad, really," she says. "You had me worried there for a bit. Of course, whatever I can get is a godsend at this point."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #633 on: June 13, 2011, 02:55:41 AM »
>"Well good. I'm gonna need you to hold onto the horses and wagon, though. Isato will come down to collect them when he can. I can't really take them back with me as things are."
>Get to unloading!

« Reply #634 on: June 13, 2011, 02:59:49 AM »
>I can't really take them back with me as things are."

Actually we can, Purvis. Honey has proven she's at least a competant driver. If we let her drive our borrowed cart while we drive Isato's, we can bring both of them home. Assuming of course she wants to come with us on the way back.
Not that there's anything wrong with your approach, just tossing out an idea.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2011, 03:04:19 AM by Sourfang »

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #635 on: June 13, 2011, 03:12:59 AM »
I get the feeling it'd be best if we not trust her to do that unattended. Especially when she gets bored of it. And assuming she intends to go with us all the way to the village.

« Reply #636 on: June 13, 2011, 03:27:21 AM »
>"Well good. I'm gonna need you to hold onto the horses and wagon, though. Isato will come down to collect them when he can. I can't really take them back with me as things are."
>Get to unloading!

>She frowns. "I, uh, don't really have a place to keep either of them, you know. How long are we talking?"

« Reply #637 on: June 13, 2011, 03:39:46 AM »
The other thing that occurs to me is that, if we bring Isato's cart back to him, it gives us an excuse to talk to him again. There's still the mystery of that clawed youkai he mentioned not jiving with Cirno's involvement. I realize nobody's paying us to solve that mystery, but it's still there to be solved.
Unless everyone would rather just leave it be and get back to Ichirin's job.

E-Nazrin

• .... what're you looking at?
  • fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #638 on: June 13, 2011, 03:52:12 AM »
I'd like to know why Isato thought it was a clawed youkai instead of a fairy with a sword, or if there's something more afoot here - even if it's just Isato being unwilling to admit to being intimidated or robbed by a fairy. But that's just curiosity, really.

And to be fair, it'd be reasonable to visit to report the job finished either way; bringing back all the horses and carts would be an extra excuse and service to him, but not a necessary one. After all, it's the Melon Bowl paying us, not him. I think?

>"I seriously doubt it'd be more than a day or two at most. Isato would want those back sooner rather than later, I expect."
There was something here once. Wonder what...

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #639 on: June 13, 2011, 04:01:03 AM »
>"I don't think he'd be too upset with taking care of the stabling fees."

« Reply #640 on: June 13, 2011, 04:06:21 AM »
>"I seriously doubt it'd be more than a day or two at most. Isato would want those back sooner rather than later, I expect."

>"A day or two?" Her frown deepens. "I'm really not the person to ask. You can see for yourself that I've got no place to put them, and I don't know the first thing about taking care of horses."

>"I don't think he'd be too upset with taking care of the stabling fees."

>"Huh." She pauses. "Well, if that's the case, what're you asking me for?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #641 on: June 13, 2011, 04:15:29 AM »
>Wink.
>"Because I'm helping you unload for free."

« Reply #642 on: June 13, 2011, 04:22:29 AM »
>Wink.
>"Because I'm helping you unload for free."

>"Hey, I'm paying you for getting it here, aren't I?" She sighs. "Speaking of which, how much of a discount is Isato giving me on this, anyway?"
>She fixes you with an stiff expression. "He is, right?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #643 on: June 13, 2011, 12:14:36 PM »
>"You said you wanted it today, so I brought it directly here. Didn't have time to jump between here and there."

« Reply #644 on: June 13, 2011, 05:41:39 PM »
>"You said you wanted it today, so I brought it directly here. Didn't have time to jump between here and there."

>"I appreciate the speed," she says. "I really do, trust me. But, uh, that doesn't really answer my question."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #645 on: June 13, 2011, 07:46:32 PM »
>"It doesn't. I brought it directly here, he doesn't even know I've found it yet.. The two of you can discuss billing, and I'm sure you'll both be fair and amicable."

« Reply #646 on: June 13, 2011, 08:01:06 PM »
>"It doesn't. I brought it directly here, he doesn't even know I've found it yet.. The two of you can discuss billing, and I'm sure you'll both be fair and amicable."

>"Oh. Well then." She pauses. "Ok, fine, I'll figure out something to do with the horses, and Isato can hash it out with me when he gets in here. You are going to let him know as soon as possible, right?" She raises an eyebrow at you.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #647 on: June 13, 2011, 08:22:30 PM »
>"Going straight back to Easthaven, no worries there."
>Unload!

« Reply #648 on: June 13, 2011, 08:34:58 PM »
>"Going straight back to Easthaven, no worries there."
>Unload!

>"Fair enough," she says.
>You set to work unloading the contents of the cart into the storeroom in the back of the Melon Bowl. The owner shows you where the different fruit are supposed to be stowed; she evidently has a pretty organized system, although the room is depressingly empty at the moment when you first set foot into it. The two of you apply yourself diligently to changing that fact. It's fairly heavy work, but with the two of you working at it, it isn't all that long before the contents of the cart are unloaded and in their proper place.
>"Well," she says, taking a moment to survey the now much more brightly colored room, "that's so much better."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #649 on: June 13, 2011, 08:44:35 PM »
>"Glad I could help."

« Reply #650 on: June 13, 2011, 08:52:32 PM »
>"Glad I could help."

>She smiles. "Thanks a million, really. I don't think I could have asked for much better, given the circumstances."
>"So... your pay." She pauses thoughtfully. "It's not the full shipment, but you did get it here pretty fast. 120?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #651 on: June 13, 2011, 09:22:07 PM »
>How much is that? And how much do these kinds of jobs pay? Especially the ones where people get stabbed at?

« Reply #652 on: June 13, 2011, 09:29:05 PM »
>How much is that? And how much do these kinds of jobs pay? Especially the ones where people get stabbed at?

>It's a fair chunk of currency, especially given that you only had 26 guilders to your name when you woke up yesterday. For what the job was on paper (ie: nudge the supplier into getting things moving immediately), it's pretty generous. Of course, neither of you probably expected to have swords swung at you in the course of getting this here. You actually suspect she may have made a higher offer than planned, in light of what you've implied about the hassle involved in retrieving this. Either that or she's a soft sell.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #653 on: June 13, 2011, 09:38:05 PM »
I like it. Sour?

« Reply #654 on: June 13, 2011, 10:26:22 PM »
Sounds good to me.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #655 on: June 13, 2011, 10:32:31 PM »
>"Perfect! I'll just need you to fill out some paperwork..."

« Reply #656 on: June 13, 2011, 10:39:10 PM »
>"Perfect! I'll just need you to fill out some paperwork..."

>She nods. "Sure thing. Let me go fetch the money."
>She darts out through a side door of the storeroom, and returns shortly with a small handful of cash. "Here you go," she says, handing it to you. "120 guilders. Money well spent, I say. Now what exactly do I have to fill out? Never hired a Seeker before."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #657 on: June 13, 2011, 10:45:26 PM »
>Hand her off all the proper paperwork. "I have to cover myself, there's a couple of farmers who think I robbed them, and I didn't quite have what they wanted."

« Reply #658 on: June 13, 2011, 10:56:25 PM »
>Hand her off all the proper paperwork. "I have to cover myself, there's a couple of farmers who think I robbed them, and I didn't quite have what they wanted."

>You hand her a Confirmation of Job Completion form, and indicate where and what to sign. It's essentially just both of your names, saying that both parties are satisfied with payment and task completion.
>"Who think you robbed them?" She frowns warily. "Wait, what does what I'm signing have to do with that? I'm not going to get dragged into anything, am I?"

« Reply #659 on: June 14, 2011, 12:36:15 AM »
>"No! No, nothing like that."
>"I convinced the fairy that had issues with Isato to return the food to where it belonged, and I was traveling with her, just to make sure she made good. We ran into some farmers outside of town that had issues with the fairy, but I managed to diffuse the situation. It's just, in the event I run into them again, I wanna have some papers with me to prove good on my word, and to prove that I did, in fact, put things right."
>"Plus there's the papers for my boss, as well. You know how that goes."