Author Topic: (Skyseas of Gensokyo) Nazrin Quest (Part 2)  (Read 55822 times)

E-Nazrin

• .... what're you looking at?
  • fuwafuwa pachipachi
Re: (Skyseas of Gensokyo) Nazrin Quest (Part 2)
« Reply #420 on: June 06, 2011, 03:32:07 AM »
I am somehow reminded of Cutewendy, and its Girly sequel.

Is this intentional?

>Hit Cirno with a giant dildo.
>Make sure to use our warm hand for patting the poor fairy.
There was something here once. Wonder what...

« Reply #421 on: June 06, 2011, 03:47:56 AM »
I am somehow reminded of Cutewendy, and its Girly sequel.

Is this intentional?

Never even heard of it before, I'm afraid. Is there some sort of parallel here?

>Hit Cirno with a giant dildo.

>The mere fact that you anticipate having such an object within arms reach raises questions about your proclivities. Have you been sneaking objects into that pack of yours while the parser's asleep?

>Pat the poor fairy on the head a couple times. "Got the right attitude, there."
>Make sure to use our warm hand for patting the poor fairy.

>You attempt to give Honeysuckle a gentle pat on the head with your warm hand. Given that she's still firmly attached to that arm, this proves rather difficult to do without a broken wrist. You settle for brushing along part of her hair with the tips of your fingers.
>"It would have been so awesome..." she repeats meekly.

>Anyway, back down to business.
>"Melon bowl's the cafe in Braston that's expecting the fruit. If you'll get that cart and bring it to the bridge, we can ride back to Braston together. I have to go back the way I came, pick up the horse I rode in on."

>Cirno frowns. "What've you gotta come along for? I'm the one who fought to get this stuff to give them. What'd you have to do with it?"

« Reply #422 on: June 06, 2011, 04:04:10 AM »
>"I was the one they hired to retrieve the fruit in the first place. It's my task, and I need to see it through to the end. That what a Seeker does. What's more, that's what I do. Anything I've done, I always do my best to see it finished."
>"If you want, Honeysuckle, you can come with me for a while. I may not be quite the hero Cirno is, but I wouldn't mind the company at all. And plus, just like heroes, every sidekick has to start somewhere, too. Never know. This could be your start."

« Reply #423 on: June 06, 2011, 04:17:42 AM »
>"I was the one they hired to retrieve the fruit in the first place. It's my task, and I need to see it through to the end. That what a Seeker does. What's more, that's what I do. Anything I've done, I always do my best to see it finished."

>Cirno gives you a long hard look, her expression warring between irritation and something approaching... respect?
>"Long as you don't try to steal the credit," she says eventually.

>"If you want, Honeysuckle, you can come with me for a while. I may not be quite the hero Cirno is, but I wouldn't mind the company at all. And plus, just like heroes, every sidekick has to start somewhere, too. Never know. This could be your start."

>The fairy slowly turns her head towards you, her cheeks moist with tears. "R- really?"

« Reply #424 on: June 06, 2011, 05:18:41 AM »
>That might be a bit of a problem. If Cirno decides she's the one who should be paid for bringing that shipment to the Melon Bowl... Well. One problem at a time.
>"About how long do you think it'll take you to get the cart back to the bridge?"
>Wish we could wipe those tears away, but doing so with a frigid hand might not be such a hot idea.
>"On one condition, Honeysuckle."

And yes, I realize I'm trusting Cirno to meet up with us later not long after we had a brawl with her, but I don't believe she's the type to stab us in the back once we go off in another direction after she's agreed to something. And even if she does, we can just track her down and get the goods the old fashioned way.

« Reply #425 on: June 06, 2011, 05:41:58 AM »
>That might be a bit of a problem. If Cirno decides she's the one who should be paid for bringing that shipment to the Melon Bowl... Well. One problem at a time.
>"About how long do you think it'll take you to get the cart back to the bridge?"
>Wish we could wipe those tears away, but doing so with a frigid hand might not be such a hot idea.
>"On one condition, Honeysuckle."

>Yeah, that could end uncomfortably... On the other hand, simply getting the cart there is closer to getting paid than you are right now.
>"I can get it there in no time!" Cirno says. "Count on it."
>In fact, it might be the very opposite of hot!
>Honeysuckle frowns again. "Condition?"

« Reply #426 on: June 06, 2011, 06:22:15 AM »
>Suppose that sentiment counts as Cirno's word. Good enough for us.
>"Condition means there's something you have to do for me, Honeysuckle. And that is this:..."
>Give her a small grin.
>"I'll need to have my arm back when we get to my horse. Deal?"

« Reply #427 on: June 06, 2011, 06:30:24 AM »
>Suppose that sentiment counts as Cirno's word. Good enough for us.
>"Condition means there's something you have to do for me, Honeysuckle. And that is this:..."
>Give her a small grin.
>"I'll need to have my arm back when we get to my horse. Deal?"

>Honeysuckle pauses for a moment. "I- If I let go of your arm, I can be a sidekick?"

« Reply #428 on: June 06, 2011, 06:56:42 AM »
>Laugh lightly at Honey's quandry. Fairys.... Hm. Wonder how many times we've thought that in the past couple days. Still, that is about what we said.
>"Well... Yeah. If you want to be."
>Back to Cirno. "You'll probably get back to the bridge before me, I've got some fairly rough ground to cover. But I'll be there as quick as I can."

« Reply #429 on: June 06, 2011, 07:11:50 AM »
>Laugh lightly at Honey's quandry. Fairys.... Hm. Wonder how many times we've thought that in the past couple days. Still, that is about what we said.
>"Well... Yeah. If you want to be."

>Honeysuckle frowns thoughtfully for a moment, then nods. "If it's training to become a real sidekick, I'll do it!"
>Cirno just shakes her head.

>Back to Cirno. "You'll probably get back to the bridge before me, I've got some fairly rough ground to cover. But I'll be there as quick as I can."

>She nods. "Count on it!"

« Reply #430 on: June 06, 2011, 07:33:33 AM »
>Nod at Cirno, then grin at our new party member fairy companion.
>"Let's get moving... partner."

« Reply #431 on: June 06, 2011, 07:55:41 AM »
>Nod at Cirno, then grin at our new party member fairy companion.
>"Let's get moving... partner."

>You nod at Cirno, then toss a grin to Honeysuckle. She looks a little uncertain of how to react.
>Cirno shrugs, then sheathes her sword and turns to fly off.
>"Just you watch!" Honeysuckle cries out after her. "I'm going to work real hard until I'm strong enough to be your sidekick! I'm gonna be the bestest sidekick ever!"

« Reply #432 on: June 06, 2011, 08:04:06 AM »
>Back to the wagon!

« Reply #433 on: June 06, 2011, 05:43:06 PM »
>Back to the wagon!

>You turn and walk back the way you came in, skirting most of the village and heading back up into the hills, while Cirno flits off towards the village proper. The group of onlookers that were gathered by the edge of the trees during your fight with Cirno seem to have mostly dispersed - perhaps they got bored once the beatings stopped? You do spot a couple watching you pass by from a safe distance, attempting somewhat poorly to remain concealed by the foliage. One even pulls her head back with a short 'eep' when you so much as look in her direction. Honeysuckle, for her part, remains contently twined around your arm. She's not as heavy as you might expect when she's not actively throwing her weight against you, although it does make your stride just a tad awkward. You're actually sort of getting used to it at this point.
>Soon enough, you reach the big ridge of hills cutting off sight of the village from the land to the north of it. This is actually going to require the use of your hands to scramble back up, and while your hands are technically both free, the process would scrape poor Honeysuckle all over the rock face is she remains where she is now.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #434 on: June 06, 2011, 06:02:57 PM »
>"You should probably let go, I doubt you'd enjoy being bashed up against the rocks."

« Reply #435 on: June 06, 2011, 06:05:45 PM »
>"You should probably let go, I doubt you'd enjoy being bashed up against the rocks."

>Honeysuckle lets out a meep and clings tighter. "Why would you do that!? I- Is this sidekick training?"

Kips McKipzerson

• I never did learn
« Reply #436 on: June 06, 2011, 06:14:05 PM »
>"No, Ju- ah, Just hop on my back or something."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #437 on: June 06, 2011, 06:27:41 PM »
>"I have to climb up this ridge, you see."

« Reply #438 on: June 06, 2011, 06:37:58 PM »
>"No, Ju- ah, Just hop on my back or something."

>The fairy hesitates for a moment, frowning. "Um... ok, I guess."
>She tentatively lets go of your arm, then floats over to your back and grabs onto your shoulders. With the sudden removal of the accustomed weight, your arm almost feels like it's floating.
>"I- Is this okay?" she asks.

>"I have to climb up this ridge, you see."

>Honeysuckle takes a look at the ridge, then you, then frowns. "That looks hard. Why'd you want to do that?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #439 on: June 06, 2011, 07:22:01 PM »
>"Need to get to the other side. Do you know a faster way? One I can use?"

« Reply #440 on: June 06, 2011, 07:33:19 PM »
>"Need to get to the other side. Do you know a faster way? One I can use?"

>"I just fly over it," she offers.

Kips McKipzerson

• I never did learn
« Reply #441 on: June 06, 2011, 07:36:10 PM »
>"Welp, Unlucky for us, I cant fly fifty five."
>"So, You know of any ways around other then flying?"

« Reply #442 on: June 06, 2011, 07:49:33 PM »
>"Welp, Unlucky for us, I cant fly fifty five."
>"So, You know of any ways around other then flying?"

>"Oh." Her frown deepens. "Oh..." Her expression looks almost sympathetic.
>"Umm..... Well, there's less rocks and hills and stuff by the river, I guess."

« Reply #443 on: June 07, 2011, 12:05:46 AM »
>From what we can recall of the geography of this region, would detouring to the river speed up or slow down our progress to the cart? Or can we even recall enough to gauge that at all?

« Reply #444 on: June 07, 2011, 12:15:33 AM »
>From what we can recall of the geography of this region, would detouring to the river speed up or slow down our progress to the cart? Or can we even recall enough to gauge that at all?

>The river was not along a direct path to your current location from where you left the cart. That was why you choose to travel this way in the first place. However, the cart was still left by the river. You have no idea how circuitous the route along it is, but if it's clear for foot travel, it may still be faster to traverse despite being less direct.

« Reply #445 on: June 07, 2011, 12:43:25 AM »
>Then let's try the alternate route, see if our Honey's advice is good.

« Reply #446 on: June 07, 2011, 01:52:53 AM »
>Then let's try the alternate route, see if our Honey's advice is good.

>You double back and head towards the river, arriving there after a short and uneventful trip. The terrain along the riverbank is a bit rough, but level and free of the densest clusters of trees. And there's certainly no hills to have to scale. You follow alongside it for some as it winds one way and then the other. Hills rising up a short distance from the river's edge obscure sight very far in either direction, making it a bit difficult to tell exactly how close you're getting to where you left the cart. There's no question that it's a less strenuous trip, though.
>Honeysuckle clings dutifully to your back the whole while, as requested. As you walk, she occasionally chatters on about how exciting it will be to be Cirno's official sidekick one day, or tosses you a question about your own exploits. You do your best to give her answers that are both reasonably truthful and tailored perhaps just a little to a fairy's sensibilities. She seems particularly excited at the thought of going on a kitty hunt at some point.
>After a few minutes, the cart comes into sight as you pass around another bend. This was definitely quickly than the trip down. The horse, as docile as ever, looks calmly in your direction as you come into view.

« Reply #447 on: June 07, 2011, 02:32:13 AM »
>Return the horses' look. Hello again, SteadyEyes....
>"That was good advice, Honeysuckle. Much easier that way."

« Reply #448 on: June 07, 2011, 02:44:19 AM »
>Return the horses' look. Hello again, SteadyEyes....
>"That was good advice, Honeysuckle. Much easier that way."

>You lock gazes with the horse. It nickers softly.
>"Hooray, I'm useful!" she cries.

« Reply #449 on: June 07, 2011, 02:59:25 AM »
>Are you having a wonderful time?

>Untie Steady, climb aboard, then make for that bridge. Be sweet if we beat Cirno there.