Author Topic: (Skyseas of Gensokyo) Nazrin Quest (Part 2)  (Read 55811 times)

Re: (Skyseas of Gensokyo) Nazrin Quest (Part 2)
« Reply #330 on: May 29, 2011, 04:54:42 AM »
> "Gotcha, just get this ice off before I die of frostbite. So, what did he do to you anyways?"

>Cirno focuses for a moment, then the ice shatters and dissipates. She pulls her sword free, then with a flourish, levels it at your chest. Your arm still feels numb with cold, but you can move it awkwardly.
>"He hurt the others," she says. "I made him stop."
>"She did!" the other fairy adds. "She's awesome!"
>Cirno smiles proudly. "Damn straight."

« Reply #331 on: May 29, 2011, 05:01:35 AM »
> Frown. "How? What did he do? And what does taking someone else's food have to do with it? You know that those fruits in the wagon were meant for someone else, right?"

Kips McKipzerson

• I never did learn
« Reply #332 on: May 29, 2011, 05:06:05 AM »
>"No offense, But the little stunt you did kinda nearly cost the people he was delivering his fruit to a job. Couldn't you have at least scared him off, and went to the city with a seeker request or something? If not that, at least not taking all the food?"
>"I can understand if he was attacking you, but really that wasnt the best approach. Also, Before you ask again, no, I'm not sided with him. As I've said before, I'm a seeker. If my client is planning world domination, and for gods know what reason he needs pineapples for it, I wouldn't be the wiser."

« Reply #333 on: May 29, 2011, 05:11:23 AM »
>"No offense, But the little stunt you did kinda nearly cost the people he was delivering his fruit to a job. Couldn't you have at least scared him off, and went to the city with a seeker request or something? If not that, at least not taking all the food?"
>"I can understand if he was attacking you, but really that wasnt the best approach. Also, Before you ask again, no, I'm not sided with him. As I've said before, I'm a seeker. If my client is planning world domination, and for gods know what reason he needs pineapples for it, I wouldn't be the wiser."
> Hold off on this: it's not bad, but monologing before we hear responses to our questions isn't wise.

Kips McKipzerson

• I never did learn
« Reply #334 on: May 29, 2011, 05:12:36 AM »
> Hold off on this: it's not bad, but monologing before we hear responses to our questions isn't wise.
I totally forgot to say "do this after sects"
I just assumed the parser would know since your post was first :V

« Reply #335 on: May 29, 2011, 05:12:51 AM »
> Frown. "How? What did he do? And what does taking someone else's food have to do with it? You know that those fruits in the wagon were meant for someone else, right?"

>"He threw rocks at them," Cirno says. "And he left the food himself. It's spoils of battle. Why should I care who someone like him was trying to bring it to?"

« Reply #336 on: May 29, 2011, 05:23:49 AM »
>"It's fine enough not to like someone, but what about the innocent people that suffer because of it? There's a cafe that might have to close down now because of you making off with that food. Did the people that work there throw rocks at your friends? Or its frequent customers? Hmm?"
>"And what exactly did you do to him, anyway, to scare him off?"

« Reply #337 on: May 29, 2011, 06:26:08 AM »
>"It's fine enough not to like someone, but what about the innocent people that suffer because of it? There's a cafe that might have to close down now because of you making off with that food. Did the people that work there throw rocks at your friends? Or its frequent customers? Hmm?"
>"And what exactly did you do to him, anyway, to scare him off?"

>"Well, uh..." Cirno grimaces. "Maybe they did! What kinda person would want to buy from someone like him, anyway?
>Cirno taps her blade with her finger, then grins. "He knew he didn't have a chance."

Kips McKipzerson

• I never did learn
« Reply #338 on: May 29, 2011, 06:30:28 AM »
>"Well, Store owners dont care who the person delivering the fruit is, as long as its good fruit. You could'va at least scared him off instead of taking all the food. Think of the other people."

« Reply #339 on: May 29, 2011, 06:44:24 AM »
>Arc an eyebrow.
>"You threatened him with your sword?"

« Reply #340 on: May 29, 2011, 07:00:17 AM »
>"Well, Store owners dont care who the person delivering the fruit is, as long as its good fruit. You could'va at least scared him off instead of taking all the food. Think of the other people."

>"I did scare him off," Cirno says, "and he deserved it. It's only fair that the guys he tried to beat up get some."
>"It was delicious!" the other fairy adds.

>Arc an eyebrow.
>"You threatened him with your sword?"

>Cirno cocks her head to the side. "Yeah? Got a problem with that?"

« Reply #341 on: May 29, 2011, 07:06:31 AM »
>"One bigger one, at the moment. Isato described being attacked by a youkai. A youkai with claws, not a sword. And I sincerely doubt someone would mistake a fairy with a sword, which is rare enough, for a youkai with big claws. Something's not adding up here."

« Reply #342 on: May 29, 2011, 07:10:56 AM »
>"One bigger one, at the moment. Isato described being attacked by a youkai. A youkai with claws, not a sword. And I sincerely doubt someone would mistake a fairy with a sword, which is rare enough, for a youkai with big claws. Something's not adding up here."

>"If something else found him after, that's not my fault," she says. "I was just standing up for the rest of them."

« Reply #343 on: May 29, 2011, 07:17:19 AM »
>"Except he said he still had his wagon and horses when the youkai jumped him. In fact, he didn't mention anything about fairys at all. Either you or your friends."
>"Did you see any youkai around at the time?"

« Reply #344 on: May 29, 2011, 07:48:45 AM »
>"Except he said he still had his wagon and horses when the youkai jumped him. In fact, he didn't mention anything about fairys at all. Either you or your friends."
>"Did you see any youkai around at the time?"

>"Never seen one like it," Cirno says. "And I'd know."
>"Sounds scary," the other fairy says, frowning.
>Cirno grins. "Don't ya worry. I can take her."
>"Yay!" The other fairy starts to clap, appearing to only realize that this causes her to let go of your arm when she starts to fall off. She quickly grabs hold again.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #345 on: May 29, 2011, 10:37:50 AM »
>"Has anyone seen one like it?"

Kips McKipzerson

• I never did learn
« Reply #346 on: May 29, 2011, 04:32:51 PM »
>"Alright, so now I'm really confused. If you attacked him, then he's lieing. If you didnt attack him, then you're lieing."
>"God damn, This was supposed to be an easy job too."

« Reply #347 on: May 29, 2011, 04:36:06 PM »
Hi. Has it occured to anyone that Isato is either misremembering, exagerrating, or lying about the "monster" that attacked him?

Kips McKipzerson

• I never did learn
« Reply #348 on: May 29, 2011, 04:55:39 PM »
I'm pretty sure when you go through something traumatic right in front of your eyes, You'd know if it was a knife or a spoon that killed your mother or something. I doubt someone would forget if they had a really long sharp thing or a really short sharp thing like claws.

« Reply #349 on: May 29, 2011, 07:01:47 PM »
Hi. Has it occured to anyone that Isato is either misremembering, exagerrating, or lying about the "monster" that attacked him?

Of course it's occured to me. But like I said before, I find it hard to believe someone would confuse a sword for claws. If Cirno had a handful of knives, that'd be a different story. I'd thought for a while that some youkai scared Isato off and Cirno simply made off with the goods after the fact, but I've come to doubt that. I still think there's a youkai out there involved in this somewhere, and I'd like to get to the bottom of what, if anything, Cirno knows about it before we go anywhere else.
And whether or not it was Cirno or someone else that scared off Isato, the bottom line is Cirno ended up with the fruit, we've esatablished that. That means it's our job to get it back, whatever's left of it. Although I admit, I'm not certain how to convice Cirno to part with her 'spoils of war'.

Kips McKipzerson

• I never did learn
« Reply #350 on: May 29, 2011, 07:14:04 PM »
Although I admit, I'm not certain how to convice Cirno to part with her 'spoils of war'.
Wait about 8 hours, since she's prolly already eaten it all. If not:
>Ask Cirno if theres any sort of fruit hanging around.

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #351 on: May 30, 2011, 12:41:03 AM »
>"Why'd he throw rocks at you, anyways?"

« Reply #352 on: May 30, 2011, 08:39:35 PM »
>"Has anyone seen one like it?"

>"Nope!" the smaller fairy says, shaking her head.
>"Never heard of it," Cirno says.

>"Alright, so now I'm really confused. If you attacked him, then he's lieing. If you didnt attack him, then you're lieing."
>"God damn, This was supposed to be an easy job too."

>"I ain't lying," Cirno says, frowning at you. "Swordsmen got a code of honor, you know."
>Cirno grins smugly at you. "Guess you didn't know you'd have to deal with me."
>"She's the best!" the other fairy adds.
>"Damn straight."

>Ask Cirno if theres any sort of fruit hanging around.

>"Lots!" the smaller fairy says. "Pineapple and kiwi and papaya and mango and all kinds of stuff!"
>"Was a big haul," Cirno says.

>"Why'd he throw rocks at you, anyways?"

>"Because he's a jerk!" Cirno says. "The others didn't do nothing."
>The other fairy nods. "Nope, nothing. He was meanie!"

Kips McKipzerson

• I never did learn
« Reply #353 on: May 30, 2011, 08:43:29 PM »
>Approximately how much fruit did the store need?

« Reply #354 on: May 30, 2011, 08:46:22 PM »
>Approximately how much fruit did the store need?

>You aren't aware specifically how large their normal shipment is. Isato implied that a large portion of the fruit he was carrying was intended for The Melon Bowl, but some was intended for other buyers, or the open market.

Kips McKipzerson

• I never did learn
« Reply #355 on: May 30, 2011, 08:50:35 PM »
>"Cirno, How much did you loot from the guy?"
>Let's just assume that a good 60% of the stuff she looted is all thats needed for the market.

« Reply #356 on: May 30, 2011, 08:59:56 PM »
>"Cirno, How much did you loot from the guy?"
>Let's just assume that a good 60% of the stuff she looted is all thats needed for the market.

>"He left it all," she says. "Cart, horses, everything. Guess he didn't want to tangle with me."
>Certainly the more you can obtain, the better for all parties concerned. Except perhaps the fairies, of course.

Kips McKipzerson

• I never did learn
« Reply #357 on: May 30, 2011, 09:01:30 PM »
>"Can I have some of what you took from him? I kinda need to to help good, innocent people. People are practically losing one of their few places to get the necessity that is 'food'. Plus, You've got more then enough to feed all these guys and girls, right? You dont exactly need any extra."

« Reply #358 on: May 30, 2011, 10:37:56 PM »
>"Can I have some of what you took from him? I kinda need to to help good, innocent people. People are practically losing one of their few places to get the necessity that is 'food'. Plus, You've got more then enough to feed all these guys and girls, right? You dont exactly need any extra."

>Cirno looks unswayed. "You expect me to believe that someone like him was trying to help people out?"
>"He was a meanie!" the other fairy repeats.
>"'sides, we earned that fair and square," Cirno says. "The guys he tried to hurt get to have his stuff. That's what they call justice."

Kips McKipzerson

• I never did learn
« Reply #359 on: May 30, 2011, 10:44:15 PM »
>"But think about what you're doing: People dont care who deliver the food, as long as its good food. You're taking food from a store, that for all I know could be feeding helpless children or kittens with the leftovers! You can easily find your own food, but they cant."