Author Topic: THE WHEEL OF JAM IS SLAMMING (Blazblue Topic)  (Read 80220 times)

Matsuri

Re: BlazBlue; where people who failed at Guilty Gear go to
« Reply #300 on: March 13, 2010, 11:06:20 PM »
I sense....a flame war....

And I'm stopping it. Cut the shitposting, all of you involved, or I'm closing the thread.

Chainsaw Guitar

Re: Are you ready for the rebel? (Blazblue Topic)
« Reply #301 on: March 13, 2010, 11:14:43 PM »
So...you suck at Blazblue, so we suck at Guilty Gear? And we hate each other for it? And Blazblue sucks because you suck at it, and it's too much of a different game for you?

People don't hate BlazBlue because they suck at it; people hate BlazBlue because it is in fact, fundamentally flawed. I know I'm not the only one on this. The small percentage of people on Dustloop who actually play competitively hate it as well. :V

lumber_of_the_beast

« Reply #302 on: March 13, 2010, 11:15:06 PM »
And I'm stopping it. Cut the shitposting, all of you involved, or I'm closing the thread.
Mind changing the thread topic back while you're at it?

« Reply #303 on: March 13, 2010, 11:21:35 PM »
When video games are played competitively and not for fun, no one wins.

Chainsaw Guitar

« Reply #304 on: March 13, 2010, 11:23:14 PM »
^ Clearly, you've never heard of David Sirlin.

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #305 on: March 14, 2010, 03:38:17 AM »
CT does suck.  The balance is horrendous.

Be glad you might get CS before CT :|

Twitter: @hipsterfont | Discord: helvetica#0573 | LINE: hipsterfont

He thought that on that same day he was to take the city of Priam, but he little knew what was in the mind of Jove, who had many another hard-fought fight in store alike for Danaans and Trojans."

lumber_of_the_beast

« Reply #306 on: March 14, 2010, 04:45:48 PM »
Horrendous balance does make it a terrible tournament game, but not necessarily a terrible game for just dicking around with friends. Your milage may vary.

Spoiler:
Me, I'm still waiting for my lazy-ass friend to remember to bring an extra PS2 controller next time he swings by so I can get my ass kicked in Accent Core.

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #307 on: March 14, 2010, 06:58:14 PM »
Horrendous balance does make it a terrible tournament game, but not necessarily a terrible game for just dicking around with friends. Your milage may vary.

Spoiler:
Me, I'm still waiting for my lazy-ass friend to remember to bring an extra PS2 controller next time he swings by so I can get my ass kicked in Accent Core.

All of my friends are mostly beyond the "button masher" stage and are more hardcore, so invariably it ends up someone plays Nu or Arakune and just steamrolls everyone.  Same thing happened with Soul Calibur and Nightmare/Siegfried :T

He thought that on that same day he was to take the city of Priam, but he little knew what was in the mind of Jove, who had many another hard-fought fight in store alike for Danaans and Trojans."

Benny1

• Die The Death! Sentence to death! Great equalizer is The Death!
  • Dlanor of the Ten Wedges
« Reply #308 on: March 17, 2010, 01:10:26 PM »
Yeah uh literally CT balance is so bad the dustloop crew just flat out said they would rather not have it at EVO.  Pretty funny \o/.  Like the game is so hilariously dominated by the top three that it's just stupid.  When a community would rather not play the game instead of CS, that just isn't a good sign.

Also just throwing it out there saying competitive != fun is stupid.

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
Re: THE WHEEL OF JAM IS SLAMMING (Blazblue Topic)
« Reply #309 on: June 28, 2010, 06:07:10 PM »
TOPIC UPDATED FOR MAXIMUM

Edible

« Reply #310 on: June 28, 2010, 06:19:06 PM »
Also I don't know how old this is because I have been paying zero goddamn attention but apparently Makoto (squirrel-girl) is DLC for CS.

Edit:

FJASODIFJASODFIJOASIEJTOASIDJAOSDIFJASODIFJASODIFJOIJ
« Last Edit: June 28, 2010, 07:17:51 PM by EBIDLE »

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #311 on: June 28, 2010, 06:43:21 PM »
I was told there would be a PC version. Where the fuck is it?

« Reply #312 on: June 28, 2010, 07:15:27 PM »
Also I don't know how old this is because I have been paying zero goddamn attention but apparently Makoto (squirrel-girl) is DLC for CS.
I heard recently there's apparently going to be a patch to buff Rachel as well.

Edible

« Reply #313 on: June 28, 2010, 07:22:50 PM »
I was told there would be a PC version. Where the fuck is it?

lolidunno

Aksys only does PS3/360 games, so if there's a PC version it'd probably be pirated off the arcade version or sommat.

I heard recently there's apparently going to be a patch to buff Rachel as well.

Hopefully not back to her broke-as-fuck abilities.

Dead Princess Sakana

• E is for Elodie, who swims with the fishes.
« Reply #314 on: June 28, 2010, 07:34:04 PM »
FJASODIFJASODFIJOASIEJTOASIDJAOSDIFJASODIFJASODIFJOIJ
OH MY GOOOOOOOOOD!  :* :* :* :* :* :* :*

I'll have to import that game when it comes out in the US. Waiting till it's out in the EU will kill me.

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #315 on: June 28, 2010, 07:36:56 PM »
They won't patch Rachel, the game is already live in arcades.  Unless Aksys wants to ship every single cab owner a new HD for BBCS (Type-X doesn't have online patching), it's not going to happen.

Likely there will be some sort of bullshit BBCS+ like there was with AC for minor rebalancing/bugfixes, but as it stands now BBCS is already getting stamped out for the JP release.

Edible

« Reply #316 on: June 28, 2010, 07:46:44 PM »
They won't patch Rachel, the game is already live in arcades.  Unless Aksys wants to ship every single cab owner a new HD for BBCS (Type-X doesn't have online patching), it's not going to happen.

Likely there will be some sort of bullshit BBCS+ like there was with AC for minor rebalancing/bugfixes, but as it stands now BBCS is already getting stamped out for the JP release.

Given they're adding DLC characters to the console version, they either won't care about mirroring game balance for arcades with consoles or they'll do whatever is necessary to apply balance patches to the arcade version.  I suspect it'll be the former.

« Reply #317 on: June 28, 2010, 07:49:55 PM »

To specifically quote what I heard:

The arcade version is going to get patched when the console gets the balance patch.

Though this was just from a friend, so I can't say it's reliable.  I'll ask for his source on that.

EDIT: Also, there's footage of Mu now, and SURPRISE SURPRISE NU'S BACK TOO (no footage there though)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIUfBceCtsc
« Last Edit: June 28, 2010, 07:51:46 PM by Esoterica »

« Reply #318 on: June 28, 2010, 10:32:50 PM »
SURPRISE SURPRISE NU'S BACK TOO (no footage there though)
wait what

KOA

• 決意するがよい
    • HP
« Reply #319 on: June 29, 2010, 12:05:23 AM »
My copy should be arriving soon with the Noel Nendoroid. I can't fucking wait.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2010, 12:07:15 AM by SFKhoa改 »

YouTube - Website - Blog - Ask me anything
You can do anything you set your mind to, but only if there's slowdown.

lumber_of_the_beast

« Reply #320 on: June 29, 2010, 01:49:00 AM »
wait what
Apparently, Unlimited Lambda is actually Nu.

Also, I applaud ArcSys for DLC characters and balance patches, and hope this trend spreads to other fighting games.

(...In the ArcSys way, not the Namco-Bandai way. Woo unlock codes for stuff that's already on the disk)

Edible

« Reply #322 on: June 30, 2010, 02:11:35 PM »
Hello, what have we here?

Torakaka's the blonde Kaka.  The thing in the cloak is Platinum the Trinity, I guess - the last of the 6 Heroes to be introduced.  Apparently they have a significant plot role in CS.

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #323 on: June 30, 2010, 03:41:04 PM »
Given they're adding DLC characters to the console version, they either won't care about mirroring game balance for arcades with consoles or they'll do whatever is necessary to apply balance patches to the arcade version.  I suspect it'll be the former.

BB:CT got Unlimited forms, but those were intentionally broke as fuck and not considered "tournament legal".  I could see an Unlimited Rachel that fixes her problems, but I doubt they'll tweak the real Rachel given people have had over 6 months of playtime on the arcade release.  Unless they do the + shit they did with AC.

Quote from: Esoterica
Though this was just from a friend, so I can't say it's reliable.  I'll ask for his source on that.

How?  Type-X has no native facilities for patching.  They theoretically *could* given they have network connectivity and it's nothing more than XP Embedded, but the hard drives are supposed to be signed with a paired security dongle and tamperproof (to prevent dumping).  I don't see how they're going to do it other than ship everyone who got a board a DVD with a binary patcher like xdelta or RTPatch and a new security dongle with the updated key/hash.  Even then I'm not even sure how much you're allowed to modify on those drives.  That may not even be possible, they may have to send new HDs with the new game image.

Plus, if I were Aksys, I would try to fleece arcade owners and make them buy the new upgrade since Rachel is obviously a very popular character and noone's going to want to play an older version.  Some may be stubborn and keep the old builds, but most will fork out the cash for a new game HD just to stay on the "cutting edge".
« Last Edit: June 30, 2010, 03:44:32 PM by ♪ Matsuoka Miu ♫ »

lumber_of_the_beast

« Reply #324 on: June 30, 2010, 11:14:48 PM »
BB:CT got Unlimited forms, but those were intentionally broke as fuck and not considered "tournament legal".  I could see an Unlimited Rachel that fixes her problems, but I doubt they'll tweak the real Rachel given people have had over 6 months of playtime on the arcade release.  Unless they do the + shit they did with AC.
Given that the rebalance patch is mentioned in the official Continuum Shift FAQ, I'm willing to be that they will, in fact, tweak the real Rachel.

Apparently. I couldn't find anything more than a mention of it, and an unofficial post that claims that the balancing patch was revealed in a Fanimecon interview. Still, if someone official from ArcSys is willing to acknowledge its existence, that probably means that it does exist.

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #325 on: July 01, 2010, 12:41:02 AM »
Yeah but as a patch?  Paid DLC?  Repress like AC+?  All they've said is "we're fixing Rachel", not "we're fixing Rachel for free".  Even if it's free any fix for console is pointless unless arcade gets it too.  Only EVO runs fighting tournaments on console, SBO uses real arcade boards.

lumber_of_the_beast

« Reply #326 on: July 01, 2010, 12:48:24 AM »
Yeah but as a patch?  Paid DLC?  Repress like AC+?  All they've said is "we're fixing Rachel", not "we're fixing Rachel for free".  Even if it's free any fix for console is pointless unless arcade gets it too.  Only EVO runs fighting tournaments on console, SBO uses real arcade boards.
It was outright referred to as a patch :|

Also, sucks to be SBO?

Jam-Kiske

• i am not witty
« Reply #327 on: July 01, 2010, 04:14:55 AM »
Why is my name in the thread nao? D:

So. Yeah.

Sharing this around everywhere and thought I'd pop in here. [geez I should actually start posting on MotK again, shouldn't I?]

All the anime cutscenes from CS's story mode can now be found here:
http://www.youtube.com/toptiergaming

Obviously there's spoilers.
But plot summaries have been around for a few days now anyway soo... yeah... >>;
[yes the animation in those is terrible]

EDIT: I peered at your discussion so I'll contribute.
Patch will most surely be free. It's coming in quite a while so one can't say for sure yet.
However, a  list of some of the DLC and prices [in Microsoft Points] has already been put up if anyone's curious.
July 1
Gamer Picture Pack 1 (Standard Art by Yuki Katou): Ragna, Jin, Noel, Rachel, Carl, Nirvana, Hakumen, Tsubaki, Hazama, and Terumi
Gamer Picture Pack 2 (Standard Art by Yuki Katou): Taokaka, Tager, Litchi, Arakune, Bang, Lambda, Mu, Nu, Kokonoe, and Makoto
Gamer Picture Pack 3 (Story Art by Yuki Sugiyama, NOL): Jin, Noel, Tsubaki, Makoto, and 2 versions of Carl
Gamer Picture Pack 4 (Story Art by Yuki Sugiyama, Rachel's Servants): Rachel, Nago, Gii, Valkenhayn, and Ragna
Gamer Picture Pack 5 (Story Art by Yuki Sugiyama, Kaka Clan): Taokaka, Torakaka, Jubei, Platinum the Trinity, and the Kaka Elder
Gamer Picture Pack 6 (Story Art by Yuki Sugiyama, Sector Seven): Tager, Litchi, Lambda, Kokonoe, and Hakumen
Gamer Picture Pack 7 (Story Art by Yuki Sugiyama, Heroes and Villains): Bang, Bang's Subordinates, Arakune, Hazama, Terumi, Phantom, Relius, Nu (w/o armor), Nu (w/armor), and Mu
First 3 and the last one are 160 MSP, 4-6 are 80 MSP.

Unlock Mu: 160 MSP
Unlock All Unlimited Characters: 400 MSP
Unlock Each Unlimited Character: 40 MSP each

System Voice Arrange "K": Jin Kisaragi Announcer, 400 MSP

July 8
System Voice Arrange "C": Taokaka Announcer, 400 MSP
Additional Color Pack 1: 4 new colors for all characters, 320 MSP

July 15
System Voice Arrange "M": Carl Clover Announcer, 400 MSP
Additional Color Pack 2: 4 new colors for all characters, 320 MSP

July 22
Additional Color Pack 3: 4 new colors for all characters, 320 MSP

August 5
Version 1.01 System Update to include Makoto's data (automatic)
Makoto Nanaya: 560 MSP

There's a bunch of unnecessary aesthetic crap in addition to of course Makoto [and of course later on the other 2 DLC characters who are most surely Platina & Valkenhayn at this point] as well as stuff like unlocking Mu and Unlimiteds that you could probably do without paying...
« Last Edit: July 01, 2010, 04:19:53 AM by Jam-Kiske »

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #328 on: July 01, 2010, 04:44:43 AM »
Aksys charged a not nominal fee for AC+ so I'll believe the patch is free when it comes :V

lumber_of_the_beast

« Reply #329 on: July 01, 2010, 09:14:22 AM »
Also. If the TV Tropes character page is to be believed, the other two DLC characters will be
Spoiler:
Valkenhayn and Platinum the Trinity

FUCK YES
Spoiler:
VALKENHAYN