Author Topic: Mafia 2010 season now open! (MotK Mafioso Signups)  (Read 85122 times)

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
Re: Mafia Signups under new management (Umineko signups)
« Reply #120 on: June 10, 2009, 11:21:26 PM »
Umineko is a fantastic visual novel.  You should definitely give it a read if you get a chance.

(Alice and I are still finalizing some of the flavor and rules, we'll have an official post up soon)

Edit: http://www.witch-hunt.com
« Last Edit: June 10, 2009, 11:23:43 PM by Edible »

WRATHIE_Beatrice

• soujiko x yousuke is my otp
  • I will repeat it, in RED
« Reply #121 on: June 11, 2009, 01:05:40 AM »
Think Ten Little Indians or When there are None + Higurashi no naku Koro Ni and it's basically Umineko in a nutshell

Defiant of Shrine Maiden Ver. 2

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #122 on: June 11, 2009, 01:52:53 AM »
Finished Episode 4.

Fucking brilliant. I don't think I've ever been so immersed in a VN before, and every Episode I just get more and more into it. Seriously, if you've ever played a VN Umineko is amazing. Hell, if you've ever read a BOOK Umineko is worth playing.

/in again for emphasis.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2009, 02:19:51 AM by Roukanken »

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #123 on: June 11, 2009, 02:31:19 AM »
Think Ten Little Indians or When there are None + Higurashi no naku Koro Ni and it's basically Umineko in a nutshell

I've never read And Then There Were None and I've never even heard of this Higurashi thing...:V

Since Summer and consequently Summer boredom is imminent, maybe I'll check it out if it's in anime form (I don't want to steal the visual novel, and knowing this computer I probably would struggle to play it anyway).
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #124 on: June 11, 2009, 02:41:08 AM »
Since Summer and consequently Summer boredom is imminent, maybe I'll check it out if it's in anime form
Please don't watch the anime before reading the VN. I heard about Higurashi, and it's probably going to be like watching V for Vendetta or Watchmen before you read the source material. >_>

WRATHIE_Beatrice

« Reply #125 on: June 11, 2009, 02:44:17 AM »
the first season is fine Rou, the anime is fine by itself..

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #126 on: June 11, 2009, 03:07:35 AM »
Doesn't the first season of Higurashi totally skip the whole magical aspect? >_>
Shouldn't criticise, never watched it. I admit I will watch the anime when it comes out, but I'm kinda prepared for it not to be very good...
I mean, for one, they're gonna have to censor it like mad. :|

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #127 on: June 11, 2009, 03:09:09 AM »
Burn to DVD
Post to South Africa pls

WRATHIE_Beatrice

« Reply #128 on: June 11, 2009, 03:14:05 AM »
there is no magic in Higu.. get ur facts right.. they did a really good job with the anime, nth realli impt was revealed until they wanted to.

With Hocchan there, it's a bonus but then again I'm naturally biased towards hocchan.

Here's to the japanese Seiyuu, mai-sensei for making USODA so well known

* wrathie coughs

well.. unofficially.. do you want it =x

Edible

« Reply #129 on: June 11, 2009, 03:15:37 AM »
there is no magic in Higu

au au au

« Last Edit: June 11, 2009, 03:22:01 AM by Edible »

WRATHIE_Beatrice

« Reply #130 on: June 11, 2009, 03:19:09 AM »
Higurashi, where little kids with horns are just part of daily life.

and take that out, that is a delicious piece of cake

cake

Lies!

Thanks!! =D
« Last Edit: June 11, 2009, 12:56:37 PM by wrathie »

« Reply #131 on: June 11, 2009, 05:01:04 PM »
/out because my other mafia games seem like they don't want to stop and after finally finishing one, a bunch of people talked me into signing up for another against my will~

Carthrat

• HITLER OF LURKERS
  • MEIN MAIDENKAMPF
« Reply #132 on: June 12, 2009, 12:10:58 AM »
/in for Umineko. Which I am hungrily attempting to acquire as we speak.

Affinity

• hoho
  • ... but I have promises to keep.
« Reply #133 on: June 12, 2009, 09:11:54 AM »
/in I guess.  Though I have no idea what the thing is about.

Affinity

• hoho
  • ... but I have promises to keep.
« Reply #134 on: June 14, 2009, 08:28:57 AM »
eh, /out since I think I have wow things coming up.  Sorry.

Edible

« Reply #135 on: June 16, 2009, 07:45:07 PM »
Welcome to Rokkenjima...

The time is October 4, 1986.  The stakes: Countless billions of dollars, inherited from a madman.  But will the witch appear?  Does the witch even exist?  Your friends and family are dropping like flies, but is it magic that slays them or is it a conspiracy by a friend or family member that you hold so dear?  You can trust no one, you can only hope to make it to the Golden Land...

Umineko Mafia

Standard MotK Mafia rules apply.  For emphasis, however:
-Do not edit or delete your posts under any cirumstances.
-Do not discuss the game with anyone else except in channels specified to you by the moderators.  This rule persists even after your removal from the game - please refrain from discussing the game until the game is over.
-Days will last 72 hours.  Nights will last 24 hours.  You are expected to post at least once every 24 hours of Day-time.  If you have not posted in 48 hours (Day), you will be immediately replaced or modkilled.
-Rules subject to change.

Signups officially begin now.  They will end when Alice actually has time to mod the game (exam week, dohoho).

1) Roukanken
2) Carthrat
3) pesco47
4) Nietz
5) Serpentarius
« Last Edit: June 17, 2009, 07:25:19 AM by Edible »

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #136 on: June 16, 2009, 07:49:08 PM »
Info post linked.

/in

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #137 on: June 16, 2009, 08:09:11 PM »
/in

Nietz

• NEETz
  • Normal Person
« Reply #138 on: June 17, 2009, 12:09:31 AM »
Hmm, I just started playing Umineko to know waht the fuss is all about. But whatever, /in.

Serp

• It's all about overwhelming force and irresistible style
  • And in a pinch, style can slide
« Reply #139 on: June 17, 2009, 02:06:51 AM »
Sure, count me /in
[15:13] <Sana> >:<

Jana

• mrgrgr
« Reply #140 on: June 17, 2009, 03:50:53 AM »
/out again.

Since I'm going on vacation at the start of July until the 19th, I probably won't be playing for a while.

Carthrat

• HITLER OF LURKERS
  • MEIN MAIDENKAMPF
« Reply #141 on: June 17, 2009, 08:22:26 AM »
I've been playing Umineko, too, but it's not all I hoped. An unreliable narrator can be interesting, but it really seems to take it too far, and then dresses it up in fancy pseudo-logical theorems that even a child can see through.

Props to PW shoutouts, though, and it is kinda fun to read. Still, mafia is mafia.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2009, 08:27:45 AM by Carthrat »

Edible

« Reply #142 on: June 19, 2009, 01:21:42 AM »
*goes fishing for Alice* ;_;

?lice Bl?ckb?rn

• The real Alice Blackbarn!
  • "OH DESIRE"
« Reply #143 on: June 19, 2009, 07:24:10 AM »
Just hopping in to say that I'm alive, I just finished my last midterms today (much lulz were to be had on the Quantum 2 final) and that rules will be finalized sometime tomorrow with the game starting as early as Friday afternoon and as late as sometime on Monday, depending on when Edible wants to run it.
"Oh, great. Another game where I get screwed by Kilga." ~ Carthrat

Edible

« Reply #144 on: June 22, 2009, 11:56:22 PM »
We can run this whenever, but we don't have enough players, so I guess we're just waiting for more people to show up.

?lice Bl?ckb?rn

• "OH DESIRE"
« Reply #145 on: June 23, 2009, 12:34:41 AM »
Yeah, basically. Signups have been open, rules have been finalized and will be posted in a bit, but we need at least 9 people before the game can start, and ideally 13. So where the heck is everyone?

Edit:

Umineko Mafia Rules:

1. All non-LYLO Days will last 72 hours. All LYLO days will last 168 hours (7 days for the lazy). All Night intervals will last 24 hours from a mod's End of Day post. All night actions sent into a mod after this 24 hour interval is over will not count.
1a. Do not try to time meta the mod by guessing who might have sent in a night action based on when a mod updates the thread.
2. The lack of mod presence in a thread at the time a day runs out does NOT mean the day is extended. Any votes and unvotes made after a day's time has run out will not count. I will use time stamps for this, which are accurate to the second. Conversation during this time period is perfectly acceptable, however.
3. If Town has not reached a majority by the end of a non-LYLO day, No Lynch will be had. No Lynch is allowable even at even-person LYLO.
4. Upon a player's death, their card flip will contain their alignment and role. Any roles that are my original creation will have descriptions included upon their flip. This description will not reveal more than what the player knew about their role. The only exception to this is standard roles on which there is information about on the MS wiki (however, in the case of ambiguity, such as in GWU Mafia, any possible ambiguities will be clarified.)
5. Players will not be given any hints as to what roles may or may not exist in this setup beyond what they see in card flips. (The lone exceptions to this are made in Rule 12.)
6. Dead players are permitted one (1) postmortem post that does not reveal any information not contained in their flip. This includes opinions or directions to town, such as "Watch out for Kilga, guys!".
7. No one is to discuss the game in the thread during the night. You may play forum games or react positively or negatively to a card flip, but you are not allowed to publicly analyze other players. No player may talk to another living player in private unless explicitly stated in their PM.
8. Furthermore, do not discuss the game with anyone else except in channels specified to you by the moderators.  This rule persists even after your removal from the game - please refrain from discussing the game until the game is over.
9. Roles were distributed to characters at random. Do not try to metaguess someone's role based on their character. You will simply waste your time.
10. Any player that has not posted for 24 hours will be send a prodding PM. If the player does not post in the thread or request a replacement within 24 hours after said prodding PM is sent, they will be mod-killed. The modkill will proceed with the faction-dependent actions being explained in detail in rule 11.
11. Any mod kills I dole out to a townie for blatant rule-breaking (such as posting private correspondence with a mod) will carry an additional penalty of the day ending immediately. A mod kill of a factioned non-town player for a rule violation will carry the additional penalty of having the day's elapsed time reset to 0. Any mod kill given to a loner non-town player for a rule violation will carry no additional penalty. (These penalties do not apply to inactivity mod kills.) Do not piss me off - you and your team will regret it.

12. There does not exist any role in this game whose win condition is directly assisted by the death of the player with the role (such as a Jester). Players may choose to sacrifice themselves for the good of their team depending on the situation, but no role is inherently enhanced via death. There are also no roles with stupidly obscure win conditions (such as a Politician). Furthermore, this game is not role madness; there will be no overload of roles or silly game-breaking roles.
13. Scum and masons may only communicate during the night, scum and mason communication is otherwise explicitly forbidden during the day. People whose role PMs do not specify that they may communicate in private may not communicate in private with other people at all.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2009, 05:17:49 AM by Alice Margatroid »

Kiro

• Drinks: Everything
  • Sleeps: Anywhere
« Reply #146 on: June 23, 2009, 04:53:03 AM »
I know you were busy with finals, but you (Alice) didn't even notify us till after they were over. If you're not showing a basic commitment to modding the game, why should people show interest to play the game here? You still gotta advertise it. Just because it's the only mafia game available on this forum doesn't mean that you're entitled to have all the regulars here just join up on a whim.

That's why I haven't joined at the moment. Yea, I'm being a jerk on this point, but I think this is an important point in personal communication. Waiting for your rules post.

?lice Bl?ckb?rn

• "OH DESIRE"
« Reply #147 on: June 23, 2009, 05:22:10 AM »
Signups officially begin now.  They will end when Alice actually has time to mod the game (exam week, dohoho).
Edible is co-mod, he's had permission to open signups, all important rules were already stated upfront, etc. Anyway, never said I was "entitled" to such a thing occuring, but given how signups have been open and nobody was signing up I was getting quite disheartened. Anyway, setup has been finalized, rules are up and both myself and Edible have more than enough time for modding now, so I hope that takes care of your complaints, Kiro.

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #148 on: June 23, 2009, 05:44:17 AM »
Only five people? This is unprecedented...sadly, even though it's Summer, I'm too immersed in other gaming-related pasttimes to commit even now. >_> Plus I feel like I should actually know what Umineko is before joining. So again (how many times have I done this?) /out, sorry.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #149 on: June 23, 2009, 07:38:23 AM »
Sometimes you just have to go in blind.