Author Topic: A Balanced Game of Mafia (Over; town wins)  (Read 70438 times)

Shadoweh

• I will ahn~ vote count for you
  • The STRONGEST Day Effect
Re: A Balanced Game of Mafia (DAY 4)
« Reply #660 on: April 28, 2011, 12:25:09 PM »
Yes, but Bard, and this is more important to me from my selfish perspective of thinking Polaris was worse then Hanged Helper, do you think Kitten4all here is sounding like the Town or like the Scum? As much fun as skipping down the road to orderly lynching seems to be I'd like it if we actually answered silly questions like that. I will flip tables if Hourai gets lynched before he can answer me.

Kitten4u: So what were your opinions when Day 2 came around? Polaris seemed to have an opinion on Sect alright, that he wasn't interesting, and then nothing at all. Did any discussion or thinking happen after Sect eloquently told us what he was?

Kitten4u: "I'll say it plainly: THERE IS NO WAY SHADOWEH IS SCUM!" - A Balanced Game of Mafia

Bardiche

• Mafia: Worst Game Ever
« Reply #661 on: April 28, 2011, 12:34:32 PM »
It's 3 unless I overlooked something. There's 3 confirmed and 4 unconfirmed, so we'd end up with 1 confirmed 2 unconfirmed for the last day.

I'm going to vote HH later, barring something unexpected happening.

Enter the night with 5/1, next day is 4/1, we lynch and end up at 3/1, -- oh, right. You're absolutely right.

We can lynch all unconfirmed.

Bardiche

• Mafia: Worst Game Ever
« Reply #662 on: April 28, 2011, 12:36:41 PM »
-1. Wait, we have to think. FFFFFFFFFFF.

Anyway, Shadoweh, I think HH is worse than K4me, who sounds reasonable. Polaris sounded reasonable to me, too.

Kitten4u

• Ochophobic
  • Too cute to kill
« Reply #663 on: April 28, 2011, 12:46:32 PM »
I remember having a lot of thoughts on who was town, but not so much on who was scum.  I wasn't expecting to have to replace in like this, so I really wasn't keeping up with the game at all. :V  I mean, I was reading the posts, but I wasn't thinking all that hard.  I barely remembered anything from D1, and I really didn't want to reread all that so I didn't.  Opinions from D2 were Polly's, I just gave him ideas on where to look.  As for who those people were in no particular order: HW, UK, Zak, Dan, Omba, Kiro, Shadoweh.  I guess I would have gone after someone not on that list.

As for Polly, he really didn't talk to me at all.  Really, he's lazier with this game than I am. :V  The only things he said in the QT D2 was "I want to read HW, but he's boring," "Kiro, UK, Shadoweh and Omba are town," "I don't want to lynch Bard, Zak or HW because they're smart."  Soooooo yeah.  I have no idea why he thought Hourai was worse than Sect.  His opinion on Sect after he suicided can be summed up as "wat."
My favorite mythical creature? The honest politician.
A life cool.. where can I download one of those?
Hurray for apathy!

DA|Tumblr

Shadoweh

« Reply #664 on: April 28, 2011, 01:53:07 PM »
I didn't think lazier was possible <.< If those are all true I am so sorry I didn't ask for your hydra instead. Waiting on Kiro and Hourai now, and.. I'd swear there was someone else playing. Someone really hyperactive and postalicious. It's been so eerily silent that I must be mistaken! :P

Kitten4u: "I'll say it plainly: THERE IS NO WAY SHADOWEH IS SCUM!" - A Balanced Game of Mafia

« Reply #665 on: April 28, 2011, 02:05:22 PM »
Right, to clarify, I find the Cat most likely to be scum, based of Polaris, at this point, more so than Dan. But we aren't going to get a lynch on her today, out of the question. I do wish that tomorrow, you lynch her.

The Dan vote is basically a not-me thing. Buy yeah, I saw how today was going to play out.

Now that that's said, I'm ok with getting lynched at this point.

Shadoweh

« Reply #666 on: April 28, 2011, 02:16:14 PM »
Or you could like not make a case on anyone and give up, that's cool too I guess no it isn't IF YOU'RE ACTUALLY TOWN FIGHT LIKE A TOWNIE AND GIVE US SOMETHING TO WORK WITH HERE!

If you think Kitten is the scum and not Dan then why are you voting for Dan in the first place?!

Shadoweh

« Reply #667 on: April 28, 2011, 02:17:17 PM »
Hint the answer to this question is not K4U is too cute to lynch.

« Reply #668 on: April 28, 2011, 02:24:05 PM »
Cause the cat isn't getting lynched today. No one is going to want to kill the replacement the first day they walk in. starting a wagon on her now would be fruitless. Dan is the only viable alternate wagon to my own. Besides, I've been everyone's second scumpick for the entire game. It would take an analytic miracle I'm not capable of to prevent my death. I really don't think there's anything I can to to stop it now.

I've stated why I think Polaris is scum. Go off that if you want when I'm dead.

« Reply #669 on: April 28, 2011, 02:24:37 PM »
That, and the fact she's too cute to lynch.

Kitten4u

• Ochophobic
  • Too cute to kill
« Reply #670 on: April 28, 2011, 02:32:22 PM »
I walked into this totally prepared to die.  My situation is just as hopeless as yours and it's not stopping me from trying to get scum lynched. :/
My favorite mythical creature? The honest politician.
A life cool.. where can I download one of those?
Hurray for apathy!

DA|Tumblr

Shadoweh

« Reply #671 on: April 28, 2011, 02:34:24 PM »
brb buying tables so I can flip them. >:(

Omba

• ねえ...
  • 君の首...おいしそう
« Reply #672 on: April 28, 2011, 02:39:44 PM »
brb buying tables so I can flip them. >:(
Hey, at least you got some kind of answer. :V

« Reply #673 on: April 28, 2011, 02:41:28 PM »
Oi.
##Unvote
##Vote: Polaris4U

I made a case on why I think s/he's scum and now I'm voting him/her. I don't know what else I can do at this point.

ActionDan

• Teaching old dogs new tricks
« Reply #674 on: April 28, 2011, 03:36:57 PM »
I made a case on why I think s/he's scum and now I'm voting him/her. I don't know what else I can do at this point.

I have the funniest feeling that if UK was here she'd say: You can dieeeeeeeeeeeeee~

anyway... I'll look over the cases more seriously, but I cannot see polaris as scum easily.  Just warning everyone my vote will be placed on HH most likely.

Don't lynch me.

ActionDan

« Reply #675 on: April 28, 2011, 03:39:58 PM »
just in case I obtain the conviction to vote without thinking, could a votecount be posted?

Don't lynch me.

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #676 on: April 28, 2011, 03:57:36 PM »
Oh, fine.

Votecount Scrolls 5: Skyrim

Hanged Hourai (2): Kitten4U, Bardiche
Kitten4U (1): Hanged Hourai

Not voting: Omba, Shadoweh, Kiro, Action Dan

7 alive, 4 to lynch.

Kiro

• Drinks: Everything
  • Sleeps: Anywhere
« Reply #677 on: April 28, 2011, 05:15:53 PM »
Ergh, before I decide on Polaris vs Hourai, I'm curious about something I saw awhile ago which clicked again when I see Hourai's initial vote on Dan.

Sect's first Day 2 posts were posted ahead of time. He says that at the beginning and the timestamps agree. That's kinda ok... except he did this as Scum! And they were long posts #298 and #299. WHY?! Why would he put in the effort to do this on a game that stressed him out to the core and where he pretty much threw in the towel? Why make that last ditch effort? Furthermore, there's a high chance he discussed this with his final scumbuddy during night chat. What would the purpose be?

He posts a case on Dan. Rereading it, it looks rather decent. There's good effort there. But here's Dan's response in #300.

Sect:

First, your opinions might have been valid day one, and that's a big maybe, but they have absolutely no place after Dormio's flip.

I'll get into your first post later,

Unless you think Scum wanted to go into a scum/scum wagon D1, I'm confirmed town right after UK, the first person to Call out Dormio. 

Notice the acknowledgment of points, but the quick dismissal that it doesn't matter. And I don't recall a followup to Sect's Day 2 post there Dan. Also the cocksureness of that second quote is now irking me. I'm sensing a huge bus.

We as Town are supposed to get things right and lynch Scum. There are 4 viable targets today. Final question, do we play it safe and lynch Hourai and K4U first, then finalize on the Occam Razors of Dan/Shadoweh? Or do we chance Dan first, then go Hourai/K4U? The latter almost automatically gives a Scum Shadoweh the victory while the former splits the chance between Scum Dan and Scum Shadoweh. I want to say the former because we can do it with no reprecussions, but I'm getting a really BAD feeling about Dan now. While we still got a sizable amount of Townies alive, I want to discuss the worst case scenario that Dan or Shadoweh is the last one.

Because of all of the above, I don't feel like thinking about K4U or Hourai yet.

ActionDan

« Reply #678 on: April 28, 2011, 05:51:14 PM »
My case on HH boils down to.... associative tells between Hourai and Sect.  If you guys want more details I'm go into it, but for now I'll get the basics down.

The first [ur=http://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php/topic,9126.msg611036.html#msg611036l]vote[/url] HH places is on Sect. To me this looks rather forced, and I think the reasons for voting are not great, but I'll admit this is nothing terrible.  Everyone wants to place a vote down for some reason, HH just nitpicked on little stuff. W/e.. Both me and shadoweh called Hourai on it.  This leads to a very strong reaction.  This reactionary post  does a few things.  It reaffirms the first, forced case on Sect while A) prodding Sect in a rather obvious way to "make a case," which presumably was all Hourai wanted to hear from Sect.  B) It turns an "attack against Hourai" into a "defense of Sect,"  by adding motives like "you are contradicting yourself or don't want people attacking Sect," and C) serves as the starting point for a vote on me due to dubious reasons (defending someone who I never tired to defend).

So all this looks like IIoA, or there abouts.  So why are there associative tells? getting to it.  First none of them (Sect and HH) directly answer the others concerns.. It's always through a medium.  This is probably why shadoweh was so confused. 

A.k.a when Hourai asks Sect for a case: Sect doesn't start out with: "Hourai, I think..."  It's always, "so this is what I think shadoweh.." anyway to use an analogy, it felt as if Sect and Hourai were playing a game of ping pong where Shadoweh was the ball.  This is exactly how I felt later.  Similarly, Hourai never presses Sect again, ever, after the ED1.  In fact I would even call the pair defensive over one another.

The first true signs of it come from this post by Sect.  Sect acknowledges the question from HH, yet answers only very weakly, and I see no bones about it from HH's side.  However, that doesn't stop HH from attacking me over Sect  again in what I can only consider a ridiculous post where HH construes every word I utter as motivated to defend Sect.

cut by Kiro, I thought I made a very quick reply to Sect's 2nd post, in fact wasn't it that one?? you know the one UK went *headdesk* on? I felt quite strongly at the time that Sect's points were weaker than charlie sheen's torpedo tour.  I'll give a more detailed opinion if you want later.

Where was I? O yes.. then Sect votes me and asks this "Dan! Why am I the focal point behind your attack on Bardiche and your defense against HH?"
I just don't get it. At all. This is why I thought Sect had ties to Bard, because this question is just....  Let's skip the first part and answer the 2nd, a.k.a "Dan! Why am I the focal point behind your defense against HH?"

Two things: 1) Sect deliberately interpreted framed the question as a "defense" instead of a attack. 2) Did Sect really forget that Hourai is claiming I am defending him? Of course not. This is some sort of protection of HH, in a really odd manner.  Anyway these are the basics and I am well over the word limit.  But HH and Sect are just too damn friendly for my tastes.

There is also that slip form HH later.. which now reads a little like HH knew Sect was Scum..  more on this later.

Don't lynch me.

Kiro

« Reply #679 on: April 28, 2011, 06:09:46 PM »
Dan: Your case on Hourai isn't anything new. Yes, he could very well be Scum although framing the case primarily by these so called associative tells that "Hourai knew Sect was Scum" doesn't make it strong on its own. Hourai could very well have thought Sect was Town and chose not to acknowledge him; I was thinking that during Day 2. Also, build your cases on vote history and patterns first before worrying about possible scumslips. I did something like that once before and it cost us the game in PC-98 Mafia.

Also, opinions on Shadoweh please. If you are Town, I want you to think ahead and realize that if we get to LYLO, it'll be you, Shadoweh, and a confirmed Townie. Give us a case on why Shadoweh could be Scum over you.

Shadoweh

« Reply #680 on: April 28, 2011, 06:16:13 PM »
Kiro: That WIFOM is alot easier from my perspective, but my opinion is a little biased about who you should choose if it came down to it. I hope it won't. I would pick Hourai over Kittens at this point after his giving up case, and Kitten over Dan. None of the situations you pose should guarentee anyone a win, it would come down to whoever's still alive.
Are you phrasing this argument in my favor on purpose?

Shadoweh

« Reply #681 on: April 28, 2011, 06:23:02 PM »
Really, I'm not interested in setting our lynches in stone. Lynch whoever you think is scum, at that point in time.

ActionDan

« Reply #682 on: April 28, 2011, 06:27:02 PM »
Kiro: the scumslip thing I'm talking about comes a later (when both me and Hourai went to point-quote-point arguing).

I've thought about shadow, and it's very hard for me to think of her as scum... The best I can do is 2nd guess vote-count analysis.  D1: HH----->Sect------>HW-----> Dormio.   It's fairly straightforward.  I find it really hard to believe that the scumteam would all vote each other without reservations D1.  Sect/Shadow relations don't tell as much as Dormio/Shadow relations which were pretty much at a standstill. Let's say it's a bus. At that point in the game, If I were scum Dormio I would see no reason to change my vote on Scum Shadow after waiting so so long.  I just can't see scum Dormio taking the chance that another wagon would jump up (mine) where he could conveniently switch his vote.  Her D2 voting record was Bard---->UK---->no one, I think?  It wasn't exactly all that distracting, but I dunno, the most questionable of all her actions?.. W/e If Shadoweh is the last scum, then freaking good job! 

You know, I'll post the HH slip up shortly so everyone can see it in a clearer light.   cut-cut

Don't lynch me.

Shadoweh

« Reply #683 on: April 28, 2011, 06:47:19 PM »
Correct. I would have voted Sect but he was already at L-1 by that point and he got hammered while I was at work. Not that anyone else was going to get hammered at that point. Despite what Kiro tricked me into thinking he considered with Bard. >.> I would've been so mad if I came home and Bard was gone.

Thanks but I'm not the last scum ^-^;

ActionDan

« Reply #684 on: April 28, 2011, 06:58:24 PM »
Alright, I'm sure everyone's gonna hate me for doing this... BUT IT MUST BE DONE.

Definitions:  Post #143, "my case" on HH, (this is not exactly how I stated it, but w/e we are going with it;
HH's Response following "my case"

Ok then, with those as references I shall begin:  In this post  HH thinks I think Sect is derpscum by the time of my case post #143.  I only claim this in post #169
But HH insists...
But I clarify what "case" I'm talking about and why HH is not making sense to me.
and then minces words..

To be honest this was really really clear at the time.. Now I have to run and I posted this quickly.. I still feel strong about this so leaving it up.

Don't lynch me.

ActionDan

« Reply #685 on: April 28, 2011, 06:59:47 PM »
And also ##Vote Hanged Hourai

Don't lynch me.

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #686 on: April 28, 2011, 07:02:28 PM »
Thou Shalt Not Covet Thy Neighbor's Votecount

Hanged Hourai (3): Kitten4U, Bardiche, Action Dan
Kitten4U (1): Hanged Hourai

Hanged Hourai is at L-1!

Not voting: Omba, Shadoweh, Kiro

7 alive, 4 to lynch.

Kiro

« Reply #687 on: April 28, 2011, 07:04:39 PM »
Shadoweh: Let me ask you the same question too then. If it were between you and Dan, make the case how Dan is more likely Scum than you?

When I think about you, you did a pressure vote on Sect and cleared him without explanation right away. And you avoided Sect in Day 2, instead deciding on UK. No, I haven't done the reread on you yet which is why my initial Day 4 post does seem to be framed in your favor. The 3rd vote on Dormio boosted his wagon, but I still think Dan's was higher at the time. So it perhaps gave you Town cred with the possibility that we wouldn't actually see the Dormio lynch come to fruition on Day 1. You can correct me on parts I'm wrong about, but I don't have time to do the full reread on you yet.

At that point in the game, If I were scum Dormio I would see no reason to change my vote on Scum Shadow after waiting so so long.  I just can't see scum Dormio taking the chance that another wagon would jump up (mine) where he could conveniently switch his vote.

I disagree with that first point. Dormio might have made a mistake and underestimated the pressure put on Scum Shadoweh. He looked agreeable to me on his first post. From there, he goes off on a tirade about me and UK. Don't know why? Maybe looking for dirt on somebody else? I need to reread again why he decided to switch off. And I think my earlier observation about lynching Shadoweh over you still holds. When it comes down to the end of the Day, whoever Scum wanted dead more at deadline "probably" was Townie, especially considering how difficult that wagon was to move.

Yeah, feeling weird about you two all over again. If there's one person I want to clear as Townie for gut reasons, it's Hourai for reasons I stated in start of Day 3. And I have to think about K4U/Polaris more.

*this is gonna be one of those Days*

Dan: Unvote now. I don't want an accidental hammer. There are things to discuss. Bard, Omba, and K4U have not put in their comments yet. I know your stance. Leave the vote off for now.

ActionDan

« Reply #688 on: April 28, 2011, 07:11:40 PM »
##Unvote

:D Lucky I came back!

Don't lynch me.

Shadoweh

« Reply #689 on: April 28, 2011, 07:21:36 PM »
Well the part where he just put a vote down tempting someone to hammer instead of us actually having this conversation is pretty damn scummy Dan cut it out!

I've been considering it actually, since everything else about this game has been seven levels of wrong. The weirdest point for me between Dormio and Dan was the part where Dormio literally didn't want to support his own 'town' counter-wagon. He tried to start a wagon on UK that was never going to go anywhere instead of saving himself.  I wouldn't come at this from proving Dan is scum, the only reason people have cleared him is because he's confirmed town via being the counter-wagon. As he's reminded us over and over. The thing is, what was he actually a counter-wagon to when his wagon started in the first place?

Massive Facepalm Votecount

Bardiche (1) - Action Dan
Shadoweh (2) - Dormio, huh what
UncertainKitten (1) - NeoSerela
huh what (3) - UncertainKitten, Omba, Shadoweh
Action Dan (4) - Hanged Hourai, Polaris, Sect, Bardiche
Dormio (1) - Kiro

Not voting:

~22 hours remain in the Day.  With 12 alive, 7 are required to lynch.

In theory, if Dan is scum, then everyone on his wagon at this point was town except Sect. He wasn't originally a counterwagon to Dormio, he was a wagon beside our Town Cop. From my perspective, the wagon on huh what suddenly disappeared and became an all-town wagon on Dormio. If we're considering the entire scum team being made of newbies, why aren't we considering that the newbies managed to be seperately bad enough to become dual Scum Wagons? Sect's vote can be explained not as a bussing, but by Sect really, really hating his scum partner. He could have just given up when he saw no one else wanted to lynch Dan anymore.