Author Topic: A Balanced Game of Mafia (Over; town wins)  (Read 70458 times)

Re: A Balanced Game of Mafia (DAY 3)
« Reply #570 on: April 27, 2011, 06:41:21 PM »
I had you pinned as scum because you knew that Sect wasn't the scum roleblocker while scumclaiming (among the reasons I already had for suspecting you).

Except then you ended up being town anyway.  :colonveeplusalpha:

Bardiche

• Mafia: Worst Game Ever
« Reply #571 on: April 27, 2011, 06:46:00 PM »
Is it bad that I was kind of hoping the cop'd check me? I mean, there was a chance you'd get the actual scum! But I always like staying alive to the end of the game!

(Also, I just guessed)

« Reply #572 on: April 27, 2011, 06:46:49 PM »
I figured that if you were town you were gambiting to get the cop to check you so you could possibly get people to stop attacking you.

Omba

• ねえ...
  • 君の首...おいしそう
« Reply #573 on: April 27, 2011, 06:46:58 PM »
ScumBard would've been hilarious because then the entire scumteam'd claimed on D2.
Not to mention you'd have been correctly pinned as scum by two people for all the wrong reasons. :V

ActionDan

• Teaching old dogs new tricks
« Reply #574 on: April 27, 2011, 06:55:38 PM »
Lolz I guess some apologies are in order (perhaps from both sides).  Yes, I'm sure I had confirmation bias just oozing out in someplaces of my posts.  I did think that my UK case was weak, but I didn't want to let it go (and not that many people paid it any attention)  Scum of course used it against me *coughsectcough*.  I still think your shadow vote (or at least the way you went about it) was fairly weak, and I'm still ready to at least defend that part of my attacks. 

Don't lynch me.

ActionDan

« Reply #575 on: April 27, 2011, 06:58:33 PM »
Btw, If your name is Hourai, Zak, or Polaris, AND you are scum, I'd suggest waving the white flag, cause I seriously doubt anyone is willing to lynch me or shadoweh over you guys.

Don't lynch me.

ActionDan

« Reply #576 on: April 27, 2011, 07:02:37 PM »
Oh, Since I can PR speculate to my heart's content, I thought that Kiro was the detective, Polaris was the doctor, and Omba was a detective if Kiro wasn't.

... I sure was wrong.

Don't lynch me.

Bardiche

« Reply #577 on: April 27, 2011, 07:02:55 PM »
I figured that if you were town you were gambiting to get the cop to check you so you could possibly get people to stop attacking you.

You know me so well. :V

I'd lynch you just out of spite, Dan. Just out of spite. I was truly frustrated people were arguing I was scum based on evidence that only supported the claim IF you assumed the conclusion was correct. Pygmalion-effect always annoys because you can't defend against it. :V

Then Kiro went, "WIFOM gambits everywhere" and I cried.

Regardless, I want Zak to die first. >_> I can get into a HH lynch but Zakeri is so much more delishus.

Bardiche

« Reply #578 on: April 27, 2011, 07:10:53 PM »
(of course, my plan involved the N1 target actually living and thus netting us more than just Don't Lynch Bard, but wcyd)

Omba

• ねえ...
  • 君の首...おいしそう
« Reply #579 on: April 27, 2011, 07:13:17 PM »
I nearly died of laughter when you made those sarcastic posts. :V
Anyway,

##Vote Hanged Hourai

I think it's best we just get that lynch done quickly. If both HH and Zakeri flip town for some reason, we can go back to actual analysis.

ActionDan

« Reply #580 on: April 27, 2011, 07:14:39 PM »
It's all good to me, as long as the lynch is Hourai, Zak, or Polaris.

Definitely most satisfying for me would be Hourai though, No question.  All that BS between HH and Sect  thrown at me D1 made me rage harder than anything else.  Also I'll get an e-cookie.

Don't lynch me.

« Reply #581 on: April 27, 2011, 07:16:06 PM »
Honestly, I really think that if scum is one of Hourai, Zak or Polaris they should just throw the game, considering that their loss is inevitable at this point and we'd be able to move on if they scumclaimed.

But eh.

ActionDan

« Reply #582 on: April 27, 2011, 07:20:56 PM »
Also, if case of a mislynch, night time should be instantaneous. (and flavor should reflect this :D)

Don't lynch me.

Shadoweh

• I will ahn~ vote count for you
  • The STRONGEST Day Effect
« Reply #583 on: April 27, 2011, 07:23:38 PM »
If Hourai is Scum at least I can claim FPMH!  I think if you guys are up to it.... well this is a bit much to ask.... plz reread ALL OF SECT, ME, HH, and skip every other post!  Have fun!
It was bad enough we had to read it when it was happening ;-; Why would you make us do this again.

I think it's best we just get that lynch done quickly. If both HH and Zakeri flip town for some reason, we can go back to actual analysis.
I'd really rather not skip two days since if you were reading yesterday you'll see I think Polaris is the last scum. I don't think the part where he made one post yesterday and disappeared speaks well for him now, especially after Sect threw in the towel.

##Vote: Polaris

At least we're done trying to lynch Bard for being scum because he must be scum. I thought he was the cop trying to make sure he'd live to Day 3 with his ~*GAMBITS*~ but a huh what is fine too. Will post more when I'm not running out the door for work later.

Kitten4u: "I'll say it plainly: THERE IS NO WAY SHADOWEH IS SCUM!" - A Balanced Game of Mafia

Bardiche

« Reply #584 on: April 27, 2011, 07:35:45 PM »
I nearly died of laughter when you made those sarcastic posts. :V

I wasn't laughing when I never seemed able to convince you it was reasoning that validated itself on the basis that it was true. :(

You have a point that the Kiro move was silly, but I always like exploring exciting new venues.

That said, Zakeri lynch please. :(

ActionDan

« Reply #585 on: April 27, 2011, 07:40:51 PM »
WE CAN GAME THIS EVEN MORE!!!

Let me and shadow modkill ourselves. NO WAIT. listen.

doing that we have 9 people 5 unconfirmed, 4 confirmed. Let's kill off me and shadoweh.

now we have... 7 people, 4 confirmed 3 unconfirmed,

lynch one kill one.

5 people, 3 confirmed, 2 not

repeat

3 people, 2 confirmed, 1 not.

BINGO. TOWN WIN.  I'm perfectly willing if shadoweh is, I'll even go first! just agree.  If she doesn't kill herself, then you guys can all hammer her.

Problem, remaining Scum?  :smug:

Don't lynch me.

Bardiche

« Reply #586 on: April 27, 2011, 07:43:08 PM »
Modkills are lame and you are lame for even suggesting it.

ActionDan

« Reply #587 on: April 27, 2011, 07:45:32 PM »
well...... I see nothing wrong with tactics... whatever I've leave the question up to edible.

I doubt this has ever happened before.

Don't lynch me.

ActionDan

« Reply #588 on: April 27, 2011, 07:47:01 PM »
Also I believe the Scum are in Lylo

Don't lynch me.

Omba

• ねえ...
  • 君の首...おいしそう
« Reply #589 on: April 27, 2011, 07:53:54 PM »
I wasn't laughing when I never seemed able to convince you it was reasoning that validated itself on the basis that it was true. :(
I wasn't laughing either when I realized that...

And please, let's at least finish the game in an orderly fashion without modhax.

Bardiche

« Reply #590 on: April 27, 2011, 07:57:14 PM »
Here's an exciting idea. Let's pretend we don't have high odds of victory and still make elaborate cases and such. :V

Omba

• ねえ...
  • 君の首...おいしそう
« Reply #591 on: April 27, 2011, 08:01:02 PM »
Zakeri has to be scum because he already knew UK would be killed. It's so obvious! :V

Shadoweh

« Reply #592 on: April 27, 2011, 08:05:48 PM »
Hey guys it's pouring rain out still so I'm back!

I just glanced at what Dan said and we're not doing that.

Kitten4u: "I'll say it plainly: THERE IS NO WAY SHADOWEH IS SCUM!" - A Balanced Game of Mafia

ActionDan

« Reply #593 on: April 27, 2011, 08:07:43 PM »
Alright, Alright, I'll make a serious case for Hourai to sway the crowds! I will try to condense the finer points of D1 between Hourai Sect and myself I guess, cause no one else wants to touch it.  The only reason I'm trying to steamroll through the end-game here is that this feels like a chess game where we have the overwhelming advantage of being a queen up yet not ending the game.  It's pure agony for the opponent. (Also a little boring for the victor).

Don't lynch me.

Bardiche

« Reply #594 on: April 27, 2011, 08:12:11 PM »
Speaking of chess, I was playing with my little brother earlier. I tried to finish the game in three moves, but he saw through my ploy by expertly blocking me with a Rook.

I set my Rook up to protect the Queen for a checkmate, but I needed his Rook gone... and moved my Bishop in his Rook's range. He never questioned my infinite Gambit works. AHAHA

That said, I'll lynch Hanged Hourai only if you promise to lynch Zakeri if Hourai turns up town. :(

Shadoweh

« Reply #595 on: April 27, 2011, 08:12:16 PM »
Also I am officially going to call you Capt.Dan for at least the next two games if you keep playing. It doesn't matter if your plan would work or not. What you just suggested goes against the spirit of the game we're playing. We're playing Mafia, not Super Game the Setup Chessmasters. Make cases, take chances, and make a ton of mistakes, but PLAY MAFIA while you're doing it.

ActionDan

« Reply #596 on: April 27, 2011, 08:24:55 PM »
That said, I'll lynch Hanged Hourai only if you promise to lynch Zakeri if Hourai turns up town. :(

Fair enough,

Also I am officially going to call you Capt.Dan for at least the next two games if you keep playing.

Fair enough,

however be warned I play to win games, this is my MO. I haven't been entirely reasonable this game, but I'm not enough using what I consider "tactics" to win them.  I respect strategy, and er.. for lack of a better word/chess analogy, "positioning" (like.. this post feels scummy, this one reeks of townie intent, etc.),  but "tactics" have a place.  For example, let's say HW had scouted say, Bard and Hourai, and found them both to be town.  What would you do?  Still argue when there is the clearest of paths ahead?  I do feel strongly about this concept.   

Don't lynch me.

ActionDan

« Reply #597 on: April 27, 2011, 08:29:51 PM »
EBWOP: should read:

I haven't been entirely reasonable this game, but I don't mind using what I consider "tactics" to win.

Don't lynch me.

Shadoweh

« Reply #598 on: April 27, 2011, 08:32:53 PM »
What you call tactics would be labeled as 'Cheating' or 'Douchebaggery.' It goes against Rule 11, have fun and play nice. Modkills are a penalty, not a game winning tactic. Process of Elimination is fair, trying to abuse how cheating will get you killed to win is not. Seriously, what you're suggesting is wrong. I'd rather give the scum the game then win that way.

For example, let's say HW had scouted say, Bard and Hourai, and found them both to be town.  What would you do?  Still argue when there is the clearest of paths ahead?  I do feel strongly about this concept.   
I'm going to go out on a limb and say I would keep trying to lynch Polaris. Because I think Polaris is scum! LYNCH POLARIS FOR GAME ENDING PROFITS!

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #599 on: April 27, 2011, 08:34:08 PM »
Modkills are lame and you are lame for even suggesting it.