Author Topic: A Balanced Game of Mafia (Over; town wins)  (Read 69713 times)

Omba

• ねえ...
  • 君の首...おいしそう
Re: A Balanced Game of Mafia (DAY 2)
« Reply #420 on: April 26, 2011, 04:21:16 PM »
See? Now he even confessed!!!1

... :V

Kiro

• Drinks: Everything
  • Sleeps: Anywhere
« Reply #421 on: April 26, 2011, 04:29:27 PM »
Oh my...

Should we just go with this? Worst case scenario is that Bard is telling the truth about himself, but Sect is actually Townie and he's buying his final hidden buddy an extra day. Might feel like lynching Bard first to be safer.

If Sect is truly Scum as well, he doesn't need to say anything in Day 3 (save him the stress). Maybe we can just ask Edible to wrap up the game (if Sect and Bard are indeed the last Scum) and send us straight to postgame commentary which is far more interesting than going through the motions. Maybe a shortened Night if all the actions come in real quick?

Bardiche

• Mafia: Worst Game Ever
« Reply #422 on: April 26, 2011, 04:34:25 PM »
Of course, Sect is actually town and I'm trying to get a mislynch on him! ... except he was already on the road to a lynch! All part of a calculated plot that I would NEVER do anything like that! Except I would!

Gambits, gambits everywhere. WIFOM and self-fulfilling prophecies on the road! Now let's go! On to a future where scumBard hangs! Whether it be Sect or me to die today, either option guarantees your road to happiness!

And worst case scenario is that not only is Sect actually Town, but I am as well and I'm doing what I like best: unlimited gambit works. :V Of course, that's completely unlikely because if you assume I'm scum, you can explain all my actions from a scum perspective. If you assume I'm town you could explain them from a town perspective but that's unlikely, because I'm scum.

With Sect. He already admitted he was scum but as a true party connoiseur I always arrive fashionably late at the scumclaiming parties.

ActionDan

• Teaching old dogs new tricks
« Reply #423 on: April 26, 2011, 04:42:18 PM »
Bard, I'm sorry to have ruined your game.  This was such a predictable outcome too, if only you would have known!

I ruin everygame I play.  When I play monopoly, I flip the **** when I land on Boardwalk with a hotel on it.  I mean, WTF, I have to give up all my hard earned brightly colored money just because I landed on one space out of 40 spaces that happens to have a little piece of plastic on it?  What BS is that?  When that happens, I toss the board into the air, scatering our playing pieces, houses and hotels, and the piles of chance and community cards. Next, I take the nearest 2000 hard cash, lick it, and stamp it on my friend's face, declaring, "How do you like DEM MONIES?" before promptly spitting on his face (aiming for the eye of course), and storming out of the room.

It's a wonder that I'm ever invited to play again!

Unfortunately, before I finish up here as a raving lunatic, with absolutely no contributions of valid arguements or any injections of logical sense, I must lynch both you and Sect before I go out of pure spite.

Also, Problem?  :smug:

Don't lynch me.

Kiro

• Drinks: Everything
  • Sleeps: Anywhere
« Reply #424 on: April 26, 2011, 04:44:47 PM »
Blast, where's that edibledoesnotapprove.jpg

Pesco, I know you have it ready. Unleash it to us postgame.

Omba

• ねえ...
  • 君の首...おいしそう
« Reply #425 on: April 26, 2011, 04:51:23 PM »
Seriously though, what do?
My fuckup aside, the game is still on.

Shadoweh

• I will ahn~ vote count for you
  • The STRONGEST Day Effect
« Reply #426 on: April 26, 2011, 04:52:37 PM »
Zak: This entire game is a posting restriction. I hadn't realized how wordy I am until now. ;-; I've taken to making my posts directly in the wordcounter instead of cutting paragraphs after the fact. I'm going to be depressed if(when) Sect flips scum too. This game seems too easy. If Bard flips scum I will probably spend the post-game sobbing in a corner.

Bard: You know if Omba dies I would actually believe you did it now that you said it >_> That IS how Scum Bard works. Stop making WIFOM for everyone and present a well-thought out case on someone you think is scum instead of lashing out in trollation! Someone besides Sect please. Play Mafia with us!

Kiro: Uhm, no? No we should not go with this. We should lynch the person who is actually claiming scum seriously first. Worst case scenario would be both of them being Town quitting because this game has devolved from Mafia into Trollzilla.

STOP TROLLING EACH OTHER AND PLAY MAFIA. >:(

Kitten4u: "I'll say it plainly: THERE IS NO WAY SHADOWEH IS SCUM!" - A Balanced Game of Mafia

Bardiche

« Reply #427 on: April 26, 2011, 05:02:43 PM »
Unfortunately, before I finish up here as a raving lunatic, with absolutely no contributions of valid arguements or any injections of logical sense

Is it bad that I can't tell if this is passive-aggressive criticism or self-awareness? :V

Shadoweh: I would, but everyone's busy falling over themselves in self-fulfilling prophecies. Dan's spent all his D1 trying to push one, now Omba's throwing away the Doctor to present one, and Kiro's going in circles that no matter WHAT I do, it could all be part of a massive ploy. The way I figure, until I die, these guys will keep running in circles that state I am scum because I am scum, with WIFOM arguments to support their case or blatantly terrible images of one's self to support terrible earlyday1 cases as being cases-on-scum.

And hey! If everyone's departing from following the logical course of action, and town is joining hands in lynching someone for quite blatantly saying removing Dan was a requirement for him to enjoy the game, I figure I should exit, stage left as well.

Either that, or I am still pulling a gambit to ensure victory for my side in my own way.

... or doing what seems fun to me at the time. :V I've already declared what I have on Hourai, and there's nothing I can say about Zakeri because I can't account him for Neo's actions and he has posted all of one post today. Huh What isn't interesting to pursue at this point in time, because I do not share the sentiment that he was "flailing" at D1 start, and UK being aggressive is completely in line with how Town UK normally acts, except the lurking now is Bard sad faze naow.

If I had suspicions to materialise beyond what I have already posted I would have done so! (except I wouldn't because I'm scum, see. The self-fulfilling prophecy works out, except unless it's meant to work out. WIFOM, WIFOM everywhere.)

ActionDan

« Reply #428 on: April 26, 2011, 05:23:40 PM »
Bard, I think you are scum because to my mind you have not adequately defended yourself from attacks against you.  I interpret your rageing now as avoiding the problem.  Whatever my arguements where D1 against you (and I still think most were valid), Today is a whole new day, and with the flip, you are on slippery ground.  My main concerns are A) why you were on my wagon, and B) why you were on Shadow's wagon.

A) you answered, (and I think it was a weak answer, that I didn't answer "counters" to my case against you, while ignoring everything else along the way)
B) you have still yet to account for

I also think your case against Kiro was bad in and of itself regardless of the Doc claim.

It's true HH hasn't been productive today, and he also stands quite badly (I place him as 3rd most likely scum), there is more evidence against you.

Please answer why you were on the shadow wagon, and why you got off it.

Don't lynch me.

UncertainJakutten

• Then you should get out of the way when I tell you
  • Do you not trust my aim?
« Reply #429 on: April 26, 2011, 05:27:23 PM »
@Bard: I'm lurking because I honestly have no fucking idea what to DO anymore. I have no theory. I have no leads. I have NO IDEA HOW TO PLAY THIS GAME.

I mean, I'll post responses to things I see but...honestly, it's just been trolls trolling trolls. It's not *fun*, it's just...what the fuck. I don't even feel like rereading until we get Sect's flip. Honestly, I don't even think HW is scum anymore. I got tunnely and was wrong. If I had a vig I'd probably shoot Bard or Hourai right now.

Good enough?

« Reply #430 on: April 26, 2011, 05:43:01 PM »
I can understand the general confusion and disappointment going around right now. I don't Think anyone besides Wheatley Dan is happy with the way this game is turning out.

Shadoweh: Yeah, I kind of realized after I posted that you weren't being quiet so much as just plain. I guess I just miss the long, flowing dialogs, and the cute nicknames you've been forced to use for the past few games.

« Reply #431 on: April 26, 2011, 05:53:42 PM »
@Bard: I'm lurking because I honestly have no fucking idea what to DO anymore. I have no theory. I have no leads. I have NO IDEA HOW TO PLAY THIS GAME.

I mean, I'll post responses to things I see but...honestly, it's just been trolls trolling trolls. It's not *fun*, it's just...what the fuck. I don't even feel like rereading until we get Sect's flip.
Yeah, this is pretty much me. <____<

Seriously, Bard, I kind of want to punch you over the internet now. Why would you do this.

Bardiche

« Reply #432 on: April 26, 2011, 05:55:58 PM »
I'd respond, Huh What, but I have a wordcount to think of, and things to say directly related to the matter.

Dan. You didn't respond to anything that was said until Day 2. When it was made on Day 1. No, you cannot claim that "you never explained why you voted me" because I have. Numerous times. The reason I am admitting I am scum is because there is no getting through to you.

And B) is because I thought Shadoweh was scum. Honestly, what answer do you expect? "Because I'm scum and thought Shadoweh an easy wagon to hop onto! :V" I mean, pygmalion comes into play right here, where my vote on UK is apparently a "scumslip" because I didn't think it interesting that UK declared you town. (UK does this in any game she plays about any player she likes best at the time, subject to her whims) From that time, no matter what I did, you've done nothing but construe it as, "ScumBard does this because", rather than wonder whether it could maybe, possibly! be that your case on Bard is bad and that's why no one else is giving you the time of day.

Until Omba comes into play, with the beautiful gem that "I protected Kiro, no one died, Bard attacks Kiro, ergo Bard is scum" until that finally evolves into, "But everything you do makes sense as scum - it could make sense as town but I choose to assume that you aren't". The entire thing about "brains" is objectively silly - making a case on someone you think is scum and truly believing it isn't necessarily stupid. It only becomes that when people rebut your points and you blindly keep insisting it.

The support that "[Bard] is scum" rests solely in a deep-rooted case of the pygmalion-effect, where y supports that x is true, on the basis that y must support x if x is true. My actions are scummy, but only on the basis that I am scum - Omba himself already said he could reason the actions as town, but thought it "too stupid" to possibly be town-motivated. Ergo, I must be scum, and therefore my actions are scummy.

I'd say why I dislike the Sect train but no words left! Someone post.

« Reply #433 on: April 26, 2011, 05:57:03 PM »
Actually, fuck it.

Would anybody mind if I just hammered Sect right now? This day is a trainwreck.

Bardiche

« Reply #434 on: April 26, 2011, 05:57:34 PM »
##Unvote Can't let you do that bro.

« Reply #435 on: April 26, 2011, 05:58:19 PM »
:|

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #436 on: April 26, 2011, 05:59:34 PM »
I'm posting a votecount to intentionally add WIFOM elements to future votecounts... or am I?

Hanged Hourai (2) - Kiro, Polaris
Sect (4) - Action Dan, UncertainKitten, Zakeri, Sect
Bardiche (1) - Omba
Polaris (1) - Hanged Hourai

Not voting: Shadoweh, huh what, Bardiche

Sect is at L-2!

~23 hours remain.  With 11 alive it takes 6 to lynch.

« Reply #437 on: April 26, 2011, 06:04:44 PM »
I think Bardiche is the cop.

##Vote Bardiche

« Reply #438 on: April 26, 2011, 06:09:16 PM »
Hilarious trollposts aside, I honestly think Bard is a townie who got fed up with the cases on him and is playing selfishly. <_< Still... this is a really irritating game and I wish the people who haven't contributed since Sect's claim would hurry up and post so we can hammer and move on.

##Unvote

Bardiche

« Reply #439 on: April 26, 2011, 06:11:10 PM »
Now then, to continue.

The Sect train is bad to me because its major proponent was that "a townSect would not say this". [This] being an admission that Sect wanted Dan gone before Dormio, and the game end before Dormio. I read this as that he really wanted Dan gone above everything, because another Day with Dan would be less preferable than the game to end.

However, why would a scumSect say this, and what does he have to gain from it? If Sect were scum, and his scumbuddies were buddies, then we'd now be talking about tea and crumpets over Dan's N1 body. There is no logical reasoning to support that what Sect said was objectively scummy - he was venting frustration.

When Sect made this post, it struck me as having good observations. Ironically, the good reason for citing I am scum is brought up by Sect, who elegantly points out my D1 contributions were limited to telling Dan to play and making minor observations that never found a place.

He made a pronounced case on Dan, but people vote him on his D1 and end-of-day vote, or he's obvscum, UK correctly pointing out why Dan is unlikely to be scum (but forgetting Sect might've just not thought about that), and Zakeri twisting Sect's words and admitting the point is made in frustration but still voting it.

In fact, I'd say Zakeri's vote there is the worst of the set, but the rest are also pretty terrible. Sect was crystal clear he thought the game was a trainwreck, in the same post he made The Golden Statement that raised everyone's heckles.

Honestly, I cannot see anything in the Sect train other than jumping on an easy bandwagon for terribad reasons, with Zakeri's being the worst by far.

Bardiche

« Reply #440 on: April 26, 2011, 06:13:05 PM »
And yes, I am fed up with how the cases on me all consist of pygmalion-effect at its finest, with Kiro throwing in some "everything is a WIFOM" logic. Can you blame me for thinking him scum, even now?

ActionDan

« Reply #441 on: April 26, 2011, 06:32:52 PM »
Must resist urge to TROLLOLOLOL...

In other news....

Dan. You didn't respond to anything that was said until Day 2. When it was made on Day 1. No, you cannot claim that "you never explained why you voted me" because I have. Numerous times. The reason I am admitting I am scum is because there is no getting through to you.

And B) is because I thought Shadoweh was scum. Honestly, what answer do you expect? "Because I'm scum and thought Shadoweh an easy wagon to hop onto! " I mean, pygmalion comes into play right here, where my vote on UK is apparently a "scumslip" because I didn't think it interesting that UK declared you town. (UK does this in any game she plays about any player she likes best at the time, subject to her whims) From that time, no matter what I did, you've done nothing but construe it as, "ScumBard does this because", rather than wonder whether it could maybe, possibly! be that your case on Bard is bad and that's why no one else is giving you the time of day.

Sorry that I didn't get to your "counters" I was only defending myself from 4 other people whilst attacking you and Hourai, doing my best to clarify Sect, and answering all other questions thrown at me D1.  Bard you only explain why you voted me D2, besides "answer my rebuttals" in the same post you voted for me. After that you went dark for the rest of D1, oblivious to anything else that was happening in the game.

Bard.. I know you voted for shadow because she was scum..  I want you to clarify WHY you voted her D1.  As far as I can tell you voted her for making the D1 lynch a choice between a HW/UK lynch.  Yet in the same post you ask opinions of both shadow and sect as to why they think HW/UK is the scummier one. 

D2 you attack Kiro partially on how Kiro handled his Shadow vote D1.  Yet the way you handled yours was suspect as well (Shadow is tunneling ----> vote her,  Shadow is not tunneling -----> unvote, change to dan).

Reading your Sect post.

cutcutcut

Don't lynch me.

UncertainJakutten

• Then you should get out of the way when I tell you
  • Do you not trust my aim?
« Reply #442 on: April 26, 2011, 06:40:27 PM »
@Bard: You know what? I'm not even sure I believe Sect is scum. Hence why I'm not just assuming he is and analyzing from there. But you know what? At this point I've stopped caring. He wants to be lynched, let's give him his damn wish and hopefully get back to actually turning our brains on and not fucking trolling each other. K? Sound like a deal? Because it's not, it's what's going to damn well happen whether you want it to or not.

Bardiche

« Reply #443 on: April 26, 2011, 06:52:52 PM »
I already know he'll be lynched, I just wanted to get out that I hated it and it's honestly feeling like town falling over itself to mislynch.

Then it's not a mislynch and I'll eat my hat.

##Vote: Sect

Dan, you just explained perfectly clear why I voted her. I unvoted her because you abandoned all logic and were worse, and because it was correctly countered that the tunnel was not that strong as I had thought it was.

ActionDan

« Reply #444 on: April 26, 2011, 06:54:03 PM »
I don't think this is an good defense of Sect.

I'm voting Sect based on his actions.

His entire D2 case on me is IIoA.  All Sect did was flavor it against me, which is not unheard of for a scum to do. It's funny how the "personal insults" he refers to were me calling him a derp in one post, when the entire game I've been called this same oh-so-bad word.  I'm sorry you couldn't take the heat Sect. 

I find his observations add nothing new, while he draws out questionable conclusions from them.

Bard, I am not sure what you find in Sect's 2nd post that validates town!Sect.  In case you haven't forgotten, I was the first to point out how little you contributed D1 in my case against you.

My vote for Sect is for objective reasons (not hammering, bad voting history), I really don't care how much he hates my guts.  He should learn to
 :dealwithit:

Don't lynch me.

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #445 on: April 26, 2011, 06:55:57 PM »
One... two... three votecounts.  Ah-ah-ah.

Hanged Hourai (2) - Kiro, Polaris
Sect (5) - Action Dan, UncertainKitten, Zakeri, Sect, Bardiche
Bardiche (1) - Omba
Polaris (1) - Hanged Hourai

Not voting: Shadoweh, huh what

Sect is at L-1!

~22 hours remain.  With 11 alive it takes 6 to lynch.

ActionDan

« Reply #446 on: April 26, 2011, 06:58:28 PM »
Then it's not a mislynch and I'll eat my hat.

REMEMBER THE CONQUEROR

Also I want Hourai to do the honors.

Don't lynch me.

Omba

• ねえ...
  • 君の首...おいしそう
« Reply #447 on: April 26, 2011, 06:59:27 PM »
Bard: Way to prove my point about you by writing something intelligent about Sect.

Seriously though, do we hammer right now, or do we wait for the guys who haven't posted?

##Unvote

Bardiche

« Reply #448 on: April 26, 2011, 07:03:31 PM »
Pygmalion-effect at its finest, clearly everything I do is just to further prove I'm scum.

Let's just hammer and get it over with.

Dan, I'm not even going to respond because it's so different from Sect's observation that it isn't even funny.

« Reply #449 on: April 26, 2011, 07:05:43 PM »
Omba: If you think that they'll actually vote, or even contribute, it's not a bad idea.