Author Topic: 東方 神霊廟 ~ Touhou Ten Desires [TRIAL], an article full of desires and SPOILERS!  (Read 277354 times)

ふとくていなねこじょおう

• Cirno Kisaragi
  • When Ice Cars completely miss the intended target
Well, Yuyuko's dead. It's not like she has much to loose on earth.

Besides, her only responsability is to take care of the ghosts in the Netherworld.
"I'm not sure about this anymore...Are you sure this is safe?"

"Absolutely! This is 100% safe! ...Not."

Alfred F. Jones

• Estamos orgullosos del Batall?n Lincoln
  • y de la lucha que hizo por Madrid
Uh PCB.  If her little resurrection bit had used up all the spring for the year that would leave Gensoukyo village in a rather sorry state.
Oh, hahahah, you got me! I actually thought that was actually stated in canon for a moment! :flowerpower:

Besides, her only responsability is to take care of the ghosts in the Netherworld.
To be fair, she was shirking that responsibility for a while.

BeyPok?Dig

• Eajy modo player
  • Shou puts both "laser" and "shou" in lasershow.
Someone really should make GIF of Yoshika. And then caption it with "INVISIBLE STEERING WHEEL". And then make Mickey Mouse steering wheel scene style (i hope you all know what i mean) crossover.
Why so nanoka?
Kaguya vs. Mokou

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
Someone really should make GIF of Yoshika. And then caption it with "INVISIBLE STEERING WHEEL". And then make Mickey Mouse steering wheel scene style (i hope you all know what i mean) crossover.

You mean
Spoiler:
Steam Boat Yoshika-chan
?  :getdown:

☆ Check my profile for links to my sites! ☆
[21:12] <OneLoveOnePurvis> *Black as hell and bitter as love. That is coffee.*
[17:42] <Amra> Himiko's one of the people that's really cute but sometimes art shifts into like hard jojo-style
[17:42] <Amra> as she does something out of character

BeyPok?Dig

• Eajy modo player
You mean
Spoiler:
Steam Boat Yoshika-chan
?  :getdown:
:] YES :]
That's basically the first thing (after INVISIBLE STEERING WHEEL caption) that came to my mind when i first saw her sprite. It almost looks like intentional reference.

« Last Edit: April 17, 2011, 07:12:00 PM by BeyPok?Dig »
Why so nanoka?
Kaguya vs. Mokou

Oh, hahahah, you got me! I actually thought that was actually stated in canon for a moment!

The prologue says that there were still snowstorms even though it's May. While not as bad as what Tenshi did, she did presumably screw the farmers out of part of the growing season.

funny how Sanae's said to be racist, when the Moriya shrine has parties with them just like they would with humans, except they don't go there (a fact that made the Moriya shrine members to come to Gensokyo, too). Sanae's "tone changing" may just be that she doesn't want to fight monks (or even doesn't want to fight someone related to Byakuren), maybe due to their peaceful behavior (and maybe due to them not being responsible for the incident). Or maybe to avoid creating a misunderstanding between the Myouren temple and the Moriya shrine.

Funny, also, how people like to mention Sanae treating Kogasa like a scum, but forget that this would also "apply" to Marisa and Reimu, when they say they were going to beat the youkai Kogasa speaks off, together with Kogasa herself.

About the game itself, I imagine people will focus on getting high point item value on the first stages on the full version, at the expense of Yuyuko's spellcard captures, with bombs and hypers (faster fire rate with hypers should yield more and better base point item increase). Anyone else, besides myself, is bombing the stage 1 midboss on Normal (because in Lunatic you gain more spirits and fill your gauge faster, making this unneccessary) for using hyper near the end of the stage? :D

Also, if you try to sacrifice bombs for hypers (and then lives for bombs), or even if you don't sacrifice bombs or lives, the game appears to give you less extends than normal (stage 3 midboss doesn't give it, for example). Maybe there are some strategic places for hypering for the extends, after the stage 3 midboss, though.. (and maybe the game makes you focus on what type of spirit you want, too..)

Does some of stage 3's enemies change which type of spirit (color) they would yield, based on how late you kill them? And how's Reimu's shots useful for score, besides helping keep the chain on the 2nd, 3rd and 4th waves on stage 1? (I'm under the impression that I've got better point item values with Marisa and Sanae, due to Marisa's firerate, maybe, and Sanae's amount of shots fired)

Also, has anyone tested if the point-blanking thing is relative to the character's position, or is it relative to the option placement (like it is in Crimzon Clover, where the Gradius-like options from the Type-II ship can be placed over a boss, so that they yield stars while your ship is at a safer distance)?
neku: now for something important.
Translations.
How much time do you guys think it will take for HM to be translated? Besides everyone's story modes and the whole menus, there's also the fact that the way HM's programmed is different from all other games. I bet it'll take two months.

lusvik: I don't mind about playing HM in japanese. The language of punching other people is international.

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
funny how Sanae's said to be racist, when the Moriya shrine has parties with them just like they would with humans, except they don't go there (a fact that made the Moriya shrine members to come to Gensokyo, too).

Just as a point of accuracy: there were no youkai visiting the shrine before they came to Gensokyo. And it was Kanako who wanted youkai faith; not Sanae.

Apart from that, yes, it's open to interpretation. I was not entirely serious in calling Sanae "racist" - I believe I said I was glib - but she is indisputably zealous when it comes to youkai hunting, at least more so than another shrine maiden.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Gpop

• Subconscious Rose Girl, Koishi
  • FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
So yeah my bro Kommisar whipped this up earlier

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oxbh1bHyRus

<Rain Lindwurm> Here's the MoTK thread with a link to the site where you can get the .mp3 and tell him how awesome he is.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2011, 08:10:01 PM by Rain Lindwurm »

BeyPok?Dig

• Eajy modo player
Why so nanoka?
Kaguya vs. Mokou

Just as a point of accuracy: there were no youkai visiting the shrine before they came to Gensokyo. And it was Kanako who wanted youkai faith; not Sanae.

Apart from that, yes, it's open to interpretation. I was not entirely serious in calling Sanae "racist" - I believe I said I was glib - but she is indisputably zealous when it comes to youkai hunting, at least more so than another shrine maiden.

Sanae's Ten Desires profile states that she was worried about becoming too youkai-like since she spent so much time around them, so her zeal in youkai-hunting may come from that. I'll also mention how one of Sanae's cards (Double Spoiler EX-9) was created specifically for youkai-extermination, but Hatate comments how it makes her seem more like a youkai along with it.

Formless God

You never disappoint. Thank you so much for your fast work! Gonna try and make a desktop background with this, if you don't mind.
Not at all. Sorry for not giving her a proper BG, though :3

* Suikama points to sig
Nice, break starts on Apr 22 as well. I can probably do this :3

Nice, break starts on Apr 22 as well. I can probably do this :3
Hell yeah BV

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
Yaay, third lunatic 1cc, second with Sanae.

Yaaay, game crashed because of the oft-mentioned Yoshika bug. First time that's happened to me. ZUN has a lot to fix by the full version, huh?
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Mimachiro

• Master of the Swimsuit
  • Making being an evil spirit look good
    • Tondemonai

So~nanoka~
And Jack doesn't die this time, because (s)he's already dead. :3

"I don't have anything against you, but I hope you're ready to die a dog's death!
Oh, don't worry, that cat will carry off your body, so you'll be able to live in our place!"

Alfred F. Jones

• Estamos orgullosos del Batall?n Lincoln
  • y de la lucha que hizo por Madrid
The prologue says that there were still snowstorms even though it's May. While not as bad as what Tenshi did, she did presumably screw the farmers out of part of the growing season.
It all depends on Gensokyo's climate. Depending on how much spring was returned to Gensokyo, the planting season might have even been extended longer than its usual to make up for the original loss. Depends, too, on the original crops-- I am honestly not familiar enough with rice to know how long into the season they can be planted without huge losses.

Blocking out the sun with red mist, though, that's a fair bit more dangerous. Maybe not to the crops-- phytochrome in plants responds to red light best, after all-- but EoSD's prologue clearly states that a normal human would only survive for about 30 minutes in that fog. I wonder how many humans died from that. At least as many as it took to discover that 30 minutes was fatal.

Omba

• ねえ...
  • 君の首...おいしそう
Bah, it would be great to play as an evil youkai for once. I really doubt ZUN is going to make that happen, though. :V

Bah, it would be great to play as an evil youkai for once. I really doubt ZUN is going to make that happen, though. :V
1. Play Soku
2. Pick Okuu
3. 5C all day
4. :trollface:

Iced Fairy

• So like if you try to hurt alkaza
  • I will set you on fire k'?
    • Daisukima Dan Blog
Well there is a reason I qualified Yuyuko as a might.  We have no idea how magically concentrating spring works.  It could indeed have magically boosted crops after being released because... well it's magic.

Blocking out the sun with red mist, though, that's a fair bit more dangerous. Maybe not to the crops-- phytochrome in plants responds to red light best, after all-- but EoSD's prologue clearly states that a normal human would only survive for about 30 minutes in that fog. I wonder how many humans died from that. At least as many as it took to discover that 30 minutes was fatal.
Huh, that is odd.  Didn't remember that part of the prologue.  How the heck did Sakuya manage to survive in that then?  Or for that matter Patchouli and Meiling?  And why were there humans around the house by the lake in the middle of youkai territory to test this?

Actually now that I think about it why was the Misty Lake in stage 2 clear blue and sunny?

Maybe PCB and EoSD are bad examples.

ふとくていなねこじょおう

• Cirno Kisaragi
  • When Ice Cars completely miss the intended target
"I'm not sure about this anymore...Are you sure this is safe?"

"Absolutely! This is 100% safe! ...Not."

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden

[17:42] <Amra> Himiko's one of the people that's really cute but sometimes art shifts into like hard jojo-style

Jq1790

• Wow I'm back to playing this game.
  • Let's puzzle together again, Karin!
Well there is a reason I qualified Yuyuko as a might.  We have no idea how magically concentrating spring works.  It could indeed have magically boosted crops after being released because... well it's magic.
Huh, that is odd.  Didn't remember that part of the prologue.  How the heck did Sakuya manage to survive in that then?  Or for that matter Patchouli and Meiling?  And why were there humans around the house by the lake in the middle of youkai territory to test this?

Actually now that I think about it why was the Misty Lake in stage 2 clear blue and sunny?

Maybe PCB and EoSD are bad examples.
Well, Patchouli's a full-fledged magician, so she might be exempt, or maybe she'd concocted a spell to protect herself.

As for Meiling...She's a youkai, isn't she?  Though she doesn't have some super epic ability like most, she still happens to BE one, I think.  Don't quote me on that though.

And Sakuya?  Maybe the effects of tampering with time made her able to withstand it for longer and/or negate it?  Or somehow she was able to stretch time so she could do whatever needed to be done outside?  (Or she coulda made a fairy do the shopping she might've needed to have done, etc.)

Upon Misty Lake:  THIS one's kinda hard to think of a workaround to.  Maybe there's just some sort of magic about THAT mist that stops things from messing with its environment?

Also, as for humans testing things...  Humans can be pretty stupid sometimes, hm?  About as good an explanation as any.
If you're a Pazudora player and aren't on #puzzleandlibrarians, come join us!

Wisp

• Oh?
  • Asuka, asuka, asuka...
When I saw Miyako, I thought "Welcome to McDonalds!" for some reason.
Also, I didn't really like the music at first, but it's starting to grow on me, like how UFO's music did.

EDIT: Miyako's arms make me think of "steering wheel" instead of "zombie." Lmao.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2011, 12:38:48 AM by Soot Sprite »
They think I'll think that they'll do (A) so they'll do (B) because I wouldn't think they'd think of that but then because they might think I know what they're thinking they'll do (A) after all because I wouldn't think they'd think that way.

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
When I saw Miyako, I thought "Welcome to McDonalds!" for some reason.

Welcome to McDonalds!

Well, Patchouli's a full-fledged magician, so she might be exempt, or maybe she'd concocted a spell to protect herself.

As for Meiling...She's a youkai, isn't she?
The prologue also says that the mist would be fatal to nonhumans in about 30 minutes as well. No casualties are noted, and it only says that being in it would be bad, so maybe Reimu and Marisa are first on the scene. Note also that the faeries in stage 3 aren't affected either. Maybe it was a high-altitude thing, and ground level was clear.

EoSD isn't as big on internal logic as the other games. There's the stage 2 thing, yes, and also Remilia's motivation. The other final bosses that have goals try to achieve them using some logical means. Mima wants revenge on Reimu, so she provokes her and sets an ambush. Eirin wants to protect Eientei from the Lunarians and chooses to create a planetary-scale barrier. The Moriya crew needs to gather faith, leading to an ill-advised hostile takeover attempt. Utsuho wants to burn the world down with her fusion power. Remilia Scarlet wants to take a relaxing stroll outside during the day using chemical warfare.

But yes. 10D. Youmu's charged slash isn't always practical, but it's so bloody fun to use. The feeling of anticipation while you wait for several groups of enemies to cross paths so you can waste them all is just delectable.

Paper Conan

• Productivity, all day 'erry day
  • NOPE, just kidding~
I am disappoint at the lack of Mystia x Kyouko.
:fail:

Youmu's charged slash isn't always practical, but it's so bloody fun to use. The feeling of anticipation while you wait for several groups of enemies to cross paths so you can waste them all is just delectable.
yes BV

One of the biggest complaints I've seen about Youmu's shot is how close to the boss you have to be, but I find I can hit the boss just fine from the bottom of the screen with full power.