Author Topic: 東方 神霊廟 ~ Touhou Ten Desires [TRIAL], an article full of desires and SPOILERS!  (Read 277296 times)

Kips McKipzerson

• I never did learn
Wrong, Kip. I'm pointing out that you agreed with the sentiment that ZUN excluding Mima is somehow "punking" you guys. Just chill already.
I read punking as pranking :V

game2011

• magneiptVE
    • Unsurpassed ??asual Dating - Real Women
I totally called Kogasa returning as a midboss (though a dialogue-less one) and a character based on a jiang-shi!  I don't think Mima will return anymore.  In the past traditional SHMUPs (which means not counting Touhou 3 and Touhou 9), ZUN only reused two bosses at most.

I'm liking Yoshika already!  Her theme is easily the best in this game so far!

BTW, I've encountered a bug.  After beating the game once as Youmu on Normal difficulty, I started over again using Sanae on Easy difficulty.  When I reached Yuykuko, I couldn't speed through the dialogues.  Whenever I pause and unpause, there is a chance that the dialogue will scroll when I press the Z button, or maybe it scrolled by itself after some time had passed.  Because it was too slow, I restarted the stage, only to get the same result.  I changed to playing Reimu in the same difficulty setting, but the same thing happened.  Finally, I played as Sanae again using the same difficulty setting.  Guess what happened...

I assume that things will return to normal after I exit the game entirely and come back.  I'll try it when I feel like it.  Has anyone encountered this bug, though?

Hatateru

• Hatatatatatatatatatatatatata
For some strange reason, I think Konngara has a pretty good chance of reappearing. It kinda makes sense once you delve into it :V
And then a sacked Sakuya told everyone that Flandre was one of her ex-bosses

E-Nazrin

• .... what're you looking at?
  • fuwafuwa pachipachi

A largely meaningless distinction; the sense that she has to return and it being ZUN's fault whenever she doesn't is the same. :V

But this has been gone over a dozen times already...
There was something here once. Wonder what...

BeyPok?Dig

• Eajy modo player
  • Shou puts both "laser" and "shou" in lasershow.
Actually, this makes quite a lot of sense.
The only one that doesnt make sense is that reimu/sanae killed someone by accident or something, and I'm pretty sure they didnt. Also, The one with the cursed tree thing could make sense. After all, The tree could possess Yuyuko's real body and make her grin

also the ability to grin? are you mad thats fucking OP
Yeah, they probably didn't kill anyone by accident (even though there must be lots of stray bullets), but what if for example they beat up someone for no reason (Tokiko?), that person wanted revenge, but died of natural causes/unfortunate accident?

Also it took me some googling to figure out what OP is supposed to mean, because "original poster" didn't make sense.
Spoiler:
For other people: It means overpowered

Warning - while you were typing millions new replies have been posted. You may wish to read them and then press the post button again, to make this message appear again
Why so nanoka?
Kaguya vs. Mokou

Kips McKipzerson

• I never did learn
tokiko for phantasm stage
called it

I discovered something! I don't know if it happens in any other modes, but if you kill the two bomb-part fairies fast enough, two more will appear, and possibly 2 life fairies after that!

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.

Same difference.

Here, let me get this down now: ZUN doesn't care if you want Mima back or not. His excluding her is not trolling, punking or pranking you. He has always been prone to create new bosses.

We go through this every. single. time a new Touhou game comes out is all. It just gets really tiresome.

My earlier statement about some (certainly not all) Mima fans was not just directed at you, in other words. I like Mima. I like Mima fans. I don't like video game users who feel the developer owes them something.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Atfyntify

• Danmakufu worshipper
  • I worship Danmakufu
yes..........I haven't buy it yet since I'd like the full game though. also I hope someone makes an english patch soon! while now I have to wait for full to be relaeased so I can buy it. also I'm happy for more music in the music room!!!!!!
I CAN'T WAIT FOR TOUHOU 14!

Kips McKipzerson

• I never did learn
Same difference.

Here, let me get this down now: ZUN doesn't care if you want Mima back or not. His excluding her is not trolling, punking or pranking you. He has always been prone to create new bosses.

We go through this every. single. time a new Touhou game comes out is all. It just gets really tiresome.

My earlier statement about some (certainly not all) Mima fans was not just directed at you, in other words. I like Mima. I like Mima fans. I don't like video game users who feel the developer owes them something.
I never exactly felt like ZUN would be trolling if he didnt include mima. I would be thinking he's trolling when he gives all this evidence to Mima being in the game (well not evidence, but hinting at it), and change the script in the actual game to make it so, you know, that part didnt actually happen.

E-Nazrin

• .... what're you looking at?
  • fuwafuwa pachipachi
I never exactly felt like ZUN would be trolling if he didnt include mima. I would be thinking he's trolling when he gives all this evidence to Mima being in the game (well not evidence, but hinting at it), and change the script in the actual game to make it so, you know, that part didnt actually happen.

I don't recall any Touhou plotlines directly suggesting Mima's return; only being interpretable as suggesting it if you tried to, rather than assuming it would be a new character.

that's about a--wait not yet

[Author's Note: The astute reader will notice that Ryoga Hibiki
has what can best be described as a somewhat unusual logic system.
Rather than going from facts to conclusion, one starts at the
conclusion and jams the facts around it.
And in the minds of the
likes of Ryoga Hibiki and Tatewaki Kuno, we all KNOW what the
conclusion is.]

that's about all there is to say on the matter
There was something here once. Wonder what...

Aba Matindesu!

• keep it gwiyoming
  • DASEU RAESISSEU
I'm not calling Mima because ZUN owes me anything.

Anyway, if Yuyuko mentioned "a troublesome individual" making a return, it would probably have been Kogasa (having appeared after Yuyuko). Two non-player recycles does seem like a bit much for ZUN.

teets mi hao 2 2hu teets mi teets mi hao 2 2hu

Paper Conan

• Productivity, all day 'erry day
  • NOPE, just kidding~
For some strange reason, I think Konngara has a pretty good chance of reappearing. It kinda makes sense once you delve into it :V

Official remix of Swordsman of a Distant Star?!?!?! :*
I think I like this theory a lot more.

*throws Mima idea out the window*
« Last Edit: April 16, 2011, 04:44:32 PM by Paper_Kogasa »

Atfyntify

• Danmakufu worshipper
  • I worship Danmakufu
Same difference.

Actually I agree with you. I do like mima too but its ZUN's decision he created touhou so he is free to choose who'll revive back and who'll not. There is always touhou 14 mima fans.

Tengukami

As Mouse pointed out, those "hints" point with the same degree towards any number of characters.

Also, why on earth would ZUN "change the script" to conceal evidence of the hints at Mima that you're seeing? What is this concern even based on? What a bizarre thing to consider. I think you have very little to worry about in that department.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

game2011

• magneiptVE
    • Unsurpassed ??asual Dating - Real Women
This implies:
1) The person is not alive enough to be able to be resurrected
2) Somebody from Gensokyo is responsible for this (and it probably didn't happen in the outside world... but we can't rule that out) OR the person wanted revenge for something before her death, but died before she could manage it
3) Ability to grin
4?) Not male? (Is the original japanese text gender specific?) edit while writing: somebody posted about this meanwhile. not gender specific.

Possibilities:
New character based on some folk tale or ancient japanese history (Undead Giant Enemy Crab loli?) as usual.
Mima Magia
Spoiler:
not her canon surname obviously. I made that up.
Youki Konpaku, if someone killed... err, half-killed him. (I also like this theory, but he's male too) Not gender specific, yay!
Someone who was unjustly beaten by Reimu/Marisa (/Sanae?/Youmu?) and died afterwards (not necesarilly a result of the beating though!) (Shinki, Tokiko, some random PC98 unnamed midboss thingy, pretty much everyone with enough speculation, as you can see below:)
Kurumi (assuming she is not alive enough to be able to be ressurected)
Yuki might want revenge if she heard Mai
YuugenMagan (who wouldn't want revenge for being poked in the eyes!)

Impossibilities:
Myouren Hijiri (natural death if i'm not mistaken) (also he's male, so unless the japanese text wasn't gender specific, he's not the boss we are searching for. Move along.) Not gender specific
Remilia/Sakuya/whoever "Septette for the dead princess" refers to
Saigyou Ayakashi and/or unconsciously Yuyuko (i like this theory, but sadly i don't think Saigyou Ayakashi can grin...)
Yuka Kazami (probably still alive, also had her chance to have revenge in Touhou 9)

By the way, i think that if the person being resurrected is not the same person as the one resurrecting her, then stage 6 boss is resurrecter and EX is resurrectee (does this word exist?)
Actually, I really want to see YuugenMagan make a return.  I would be nice to get a more detailed look at the "person" in the center of where those electric lines connect!

Paper Conan

• Productivity, all day 'erry day
  • NOPE, just kidding~
Actually I agree with you. I do like mima too but its ZUN's decision he created touhou so he is free to choose who'll revive back and who'll not. There is always touhou 14 mima fans.

I think you mean 13.2, 13.4, 13.6, 13.8.  :trollface:

Atfyntify

• Danmakufu worshipper
  • I worship Danmakufu
I think you mean 13.2, 13.4, 13.6, 13.8.  :trollface:
err.....Does touhou even have so many spin offs? after 13 is 14 then the spinoffs right?

Savory

• I am a save frog
  • *wink*
I'm liking Yoshika already!  Her theme is easily the best in this game so far!

Yeah, Yoshi's theme strangely fits.

Also, I'm curious as to why you guys are griping about not being able to speed through dialogue. This isn't an RPG; it's a shooter. It doesn't have that much dialogue anyway. Also, it's a demo. Maybe he hasn't implemented it yet.

ふとくていなねこじょおう

• Cirno Kisaragi
  • When Ice Cars completely miss the intended target

^

This

Honestly, Konngara or Shinki coming back makes more sense than Mima doing so.
"I'm not sure about this anymore...Are you sure this is safe?"

"Absolutely! This is 100% safe! ...Not."

Tengukami

Yoshika's theme is great. It's a bit spooky, a bit oriental, and I think ZUN found a new drumming program (or a new way to use it), because the beats are hugely improved. Plus he's playing around with rhythm more. Just love the music in this game.

DgBarca

• Umineko fuck yeah
  • Spoilers ?
Speaking of Yoshika : I bet that she will return as a Stage 5/6/Extra midboss but without her charm.
This charm is just...you know...it HAS to be removed.
[21:16] <redacted> dgbarca makes great work
[21:16] <redacted> i hope he'll make a full game once

Also, I'm curious as to why you guys are griping about not being able to speed through dialogue. This isn't an RPG; it's a shooter. It doesn't have that much dialogue anyway.

It completely breaks the pacing of the game to be unable to skip the dialogue. As you said, it's a shooter, not an RPG. It's a fast-paced game, and having to sit there for who knows how many minutes looking at text you can't understand is about as disruptive to the pacing as placing a brick wall in front of a speeding F-1 racer.

Also, it's a demo. Maybe he hasn't implemented it yet.

...he has. Have you played the demo yet? It's a bug, like Yoshika's crashing the game when she eats souls after you kill her. Besides, it would be ridiculous for him to not implement it yet. The demo is supposed to be as close to the final product as you can make it, sans a few bugs.

Speaking of Yoshika : I bet that she will return as a Stage 5/6/Extra midboss but without her charm.
This charm is just...you know...it HAS to be removed.

Or she'll be like Rumia and we'll never know what happens when she has it removed.
All lies and all sin, all dreams and all majesty, Everything rots in this ruined hell

[The Perfect, Elegant Maid] [Pathos of the Hated People] [Music, Projects, and Art]

Kips McKipzerson

• I never did learn
placing a brick wall in front of a speeding F-1 racer.
I dont see the problem there. :derp:

Also, Just played through it on easy modo, and I have to say this is pretty fun. Sure everytime I die I get a chance to say "fuck you" to the person who killed me, but its kinda annoying that I have to go through a whole stage and just barely getting 2 and a half "bars" on the trance meter. Unless theres some sort of strategy I'm not using, of course.

The third bosses name is Yoshika and she has the power to eat anything.
Am I the only one who thinks about Mario?

Kips McKipzerson

• I never did learn
World Without Mudkipz
y u do dis

Also yeah, I thought of it at first. Hell when I was playing the demo, I expected her to have a long-ass tongue to eat the spirits.

Tengukami

It completely breaks the pacing of the game to be unable to skip the dialogue. As you said, it's a shooter, not an RPG. It's a fast-paced game, and having to sit there for who knows how many minutes looking at text you can't understand is about as disruptive to the pacing as placing a brick wall in front of a speeding F-1 racer.

I can speed through the dialogue by holding down Z. Other people seem to be unable to speed through it, though. I also haven't had any crashing issues, or problems playing replays.

Sometimes when I start the game the music doesn't, but then I just close it and start it again.

I don't know how I feel about the fact that Windows users are experiencing *more* bugs than I am running this game in Linux, but these are clearly issues with the game that will hopefully get sorted with the full release.

Or she'll be like Rumia and we'll never know what happens when she has it removed.

I thought it was canon that she turns into Marisa.

Whatthe

• Formerly known as "Only somewhat distracted"
  • Still distracted
:o

I can already imagine the crossover fanart...

Formless God

She ... dies ? Or probably go into Trance (which reminds me, why don't the bosses have this Trance mode ?)

I can speed through the dialogue by holding down Z. Other people seem to be unable to speed through it, though. I also haven't had any crashing issues, or problems playing replays.

I encountered the bug once. After and before that, no issues with dialogue.

Aside from that, I still experience the Yoshika crash pretty often. I just have really bad timing.

Zombie Kirby was the first thing that came to mind, personally.
All lies and all sin, all dreams and all majesty, Everything rots in this ruined hell

[The Perfect, Elegant Maid] [Pathos of the Hated People] [Music, Projects, and Art]