Author Topic: It is back! Mystic Square After ~ Shinki Quest!  (Read 134799 times)

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
Re: It is back! Mystic Square After ~ Shinki Quest!
« Reply #120 on: April 13, 2011, 05:00:29 AM »
I expect you're not very used to children. Alice is saying she can do it, she's a big girl like mommy. You're pretty much, to her ears making light of that.  It's like we've told you before, you gotta consider what other people will think of what you say.

« Reply #121 on: April 13, 2011, 05:05:27 AM »
She's also wanting Shinki's attention now; push her off to the side, and she's gonna get pissed. And considering that Shinki's now in Alice's world...

Alice is more important right now, and ever, than Byakuren is. You should actually be trying to get Byakuren to help you: if Alice sees that there's no threats, then she'll potentially calm down.

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #122 on: April 13, 2011, 05:47:48 AM »
>"Oh, Alice, you had me worried."
>Hug her back.
>"Are you feeling alright? It doesn't hurt anywhere, does it?"
>You hug back.
>"Of course I'm fine... I feel better than ever~!"
>She sorta exudes an aura... it's calming, and warm.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #123 on: April 13, 2011, 06:13:45 AM »
>Does it feel like she's at least using the Grimoire properly; or as proper as we understand?
>How much understanding about that thing do we have, anyways?

Zengar Zombolt

• Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #124 on: April 13, 2011, 07:03:45 AM »
>Does it feel like she's at least using the Grimoire properly; or as proper as we understand?
>How much understanding about that thing do we have, anyways?
>Alice seems to be doing things right, actually.
>The truth is that magic overall isn't hard to understand: In this particular text adventure, it works just by working the desires of the user if the magical source is powerful enough. This means all you see is just the way Alice wants it to be.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #125 on: April 13, 2011, 07:21:09 AM »
At this point, seems like we might as well encourage her and try to get things done right. She's have to fail pretty catastrophically not to want to be involved with it anymore. And catastrophe tends to have collateral damages.

>Would taking the grimoire back do much to revert her back to anything like she was, or at least depower her a bit?

Zengar Zombolt

• Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #126 on: April 13, 2011, 07:46:08 AM »
At this point, seems like we might as well encourage her and try to get things done right. She's have to fail pretty catastrophically not to want to be involved with it anymore. And catastrophe tends to have collateral damages.

>Would taking the grimoire back do much to revert her back to anything like she was, or at least depower her a bit?
>The book's already a parft of her ever since you could read Alice's name on the cover. Taking the book away would do nothing at all at this point. Besides you don't even know where is the book.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #127 on: April 13, 2011, 07:51:05 AM »
>Pat her head.
>"Well, you've done a good job, Alice. But, what are you going to do about this later? It's a huge responsibility."

Zengar Zombolt

• Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #128 on: April 13, 2011, 07:59:18 AM »
>Pat her head.
>"Well, you've done a good job, Alice. But, what are you going to do about this later? It's a huge responsibility."
>You pat her. She clings to you!
>"Well, I now have the task to take care about this place every once in a while, right...?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #129 on: April 13, 2011, 08:06:02 AM »
>"It might not be that easy."
>Take her into our lap, since we were already sitting down.
>Consider the card soldiers. Do they seem to be actual people, or more like animals or constructs?

Zengar Zombolt

• Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #130 on: April 13, 2011, 12:37:06 PM »
>"It might not be that easy."
>Take her into our lap, since we were already sitting down.
>Consider the card soldiers. Do they seem to be actual people, or more like animals or constructs?
>"A-ah? Are you sure?"
>You sit her on your lap, as she looks at you in the eyes, confused by your latest statement. Byakuren sits besides you, silent but listening.
>You could consider them AI constructs, not really sentient but following a set of instructions given by Alice. Examining them in the order they were created, the instructions seem to be a little more complex with each iteration... maybe Alice is learning how to create sentience, one step at a time.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #131 on: April 13, 2011, 12:51:41 PM »
>"See those things?"
>Gesture toward the soldiers.
>"You're getting better and better at making them. But, well, when you get good enough at them, they'll be real people. Then, you'll have responsibilities toward them. And, you can't really stop dealing with them when you get tired of them. I mean, what I got sick of dealing with Yumeko, I couldn't just get rid of her. And there's this place. It's not like you could just throw it away when you get tired of it. It would be like me throwing away the pictures you drew me. It's not all fun and games, there's a lot of work involved, and commitment."

Zengar Zombolt

• Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #132 on: April 13, 2011, 01:10:54 PM »
>"See those things?"
>Gesture toward the soldiers.
>"You're getting better and better at making them. But, well, when you get good enough at them, they'll be real people. Then, you'll have responsibilities toward them. And, you can't really stop dealing with them when you get tired of them. I mean, what I got sick of dealing with Yumeko, I couldn't just get rid of her. And there's this place. It's not like you could just throw it away when you get tired of it. It would be like me throwing away the pictures you drew me. It's not all fun and games, there's a lot of work involved, and commitment."
>"Well, that was kinda the idea when I started... when I knew I could do stuff like this I really wanted to take care of it, I wanted to be responsible... I really want to be like you, mom, even in this."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #133 on: April 13, 2011, 01:17:55 PM »
>Nod.
>"And, well, you've surprised me. You've done alright so far. But, don't you think you're rushing into it, just a bit? There was a reason I didn't let you have that thing, after all. It's a lot of work, and a lot of headaches. You're not going to have nearly as much time for just having fun now, and even less if you keep going with this. Or as much time with us in Makai. You can see why I want you to stop, I hope?"

Zengar Zombolt

• Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #134 on: April 13, 2011, 02:04:08 PM »
>Nod.
>"And, well, you've surprised me. You've done alright so far. But, don't you think you're rushing into it, just a bit? There was a reason I didn't let you have that thing, after all. It's a lot of work, and a lot of headaches. You're not going to have nearly as much time for just having fun now, and even less if you keep going with this. Or as much time with us in Makai. You can see why I want you to stop, I hope?"
>"A-Ah, I see... B-But Can't I do stuff like watch this place from Makai and come to do things every once in a while?"

GuyYouMetOnline

• Surprisingy not smart for lynch dodging
« Reply #135 on: April 13, 2011, 03:51:14 PM »
>Would she be able to watch this place from Makai?

Zengar Zombolt

• Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #136 on: April 13, 2011, 04:18:20 PM »
>Would she be able to watch this place from Makai?
>You conduct an experiment... yes, you can see Makai from here, it's just the same way you left it.
>You presume Alice can do the same, since so far the Grimoire has given her powers comparable to yours.

« Reply #137 on: April 13, 2011, 04:31:32 PM »
> "Hm... I don't see any reason why not. I can see Makai from here, so I don't see why you can't keep an eye on your wonderland from Makai as well."
> Stroke her hair as we're talking to her.

Zengar Zombolt

• Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #138 on: April 13, 2011, 04:49:04 PM »
> "Hm... I don't see any reason why not. I can see Makai from here, so I don't see why you can't keep an eye on your wonderland from Makai as well."
> Stroke her hair as we're talking to her.
>"F-For real? Yaaaay~!"
>She hugs you as tightly as she can. It's not much, but you can feel she's really happy!
>"Huh... I like the name Wonderland. Reminds me of that tale you read to me some time ago~"
>This is, obviously, referring at Alice in Wonderland.

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #139 on: April 13, 2011, 05:24:40 PM »
>"Those things of yours reminded me of the same story. That's why I called this place that. And if you like the name, how about you keep it?"

Zengar Zombolt

• Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #140 on: April 13, 2011, 05:49:31 PM »
>"Those things of yours reminded me of the same story. That's why I called this place that. And if you like the name, how about you keep it?"
>"Yeah, I'm gonna call this place Wonderland!"
>Her eyes look full of resolve and determination.

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #141 on: April 13, 2011, 07:38:17 PM »
>"Just know that if you go ahead with this, there's no backing out. With that in mind, I will ask you one more time: are you absolutely certain this is what you want?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #142 on: April 13, 2011, 09:43:03 PM »
>"You can't just get bored with it. And it's not something I can just take over if you do."

Zengar Zombolt

• Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #143 on: April 13, 2011, 11:22:26 PM »
>"Just know that if you go ahead with this, there's no backing out. With that in mind, I will ask you one more time: are you absolutely certain this is what you want?"
>"You can't just get bored with it. And it's not something I can just take over if you do."
>"Hey, I already started, didn't I...? You've told me this several times the last couple of minutes, and my response hasn't changed."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #144 on: April 13, 2011, 11:35:47 PM »
>"Alright, then."
>Hug her again.
>"What are you going to do next, then?"

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #145 on: April 14, 2011, 12:30:06 AM »
>"My own recommendation would be establishing a way from here to Makai and back, so that we may come and go as we please."

Zengar Zombolt

• Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #146 on: April 14, 2011, 06:32:02 AM »
>"Alright, then."
>Hug her again.
>"What are you going to do next, then?"
>"My own recommendation would be establishing a way from here to Makai and back, so that we may come and go as we please."
>"That should be easy..."
>You see a white flash in front of you three, shaped like a door. The shine subsides, and you can see Makai!

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #147 on: April 14, 2011, 07:15:28 AM »
>"Very nice job, Alice!"
>Set her aside and stand up.
>"Mama needs to handle a little business. Afterward, I'll come back, and we'll see what else we can do."
>Approach Byakuren. "You. Through that gate. Now."

Zengar Zombolt

• Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #148 on: April 14, 2011, 07:37:57 PM »
>"Very nice job, Alice!"
>Set her aside and stand up.
>"Mama needs to handle a little business. Afterward, I'll come back, and we'll see what else we can do."
>Approach Byakuren. "You. Through that gate. Now."
>"Ah, sure. I'll be waiting for you~!"
>Alice floats and goes invisible again, probably to do some more architecture working.
>"E-Eh...?" Byakuren looks at you with surprise, then complies and enters the gate.

« Reply #149 on: April 14, 2011, 07:41:15 PM »
> "Good luck, sweetie, and be careful!"
> Go through the gate. When we get back to Makai, rub our temple and sigh.
> How tired are we?