Author Topic: Iku Quest Tsamet'i - A Z-Machine Adventure  (Read 55312 times)

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
Re: Iku Quest Tsamet'i - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #900 on: April 27, 2011, 02:22:16 PM »
> "My home's shadow was restored yesterday evening, yes. In addition, the culprit has begun their journey toward fixing the various problems I have mentioned earlier. I suspect it will be a long and tough journey for them, but I intend to assist them wherever they need it, and I have faith that they will overcome these problems and ultimately find contentment. They have a strong will and a strong heart, and these things will help them persevere."
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #901 on: April 27, 2011, 02:29:21 PM »
> "My home's shadow was restored yesterday evening, yes. In addition, the culprit has begun their journey toward fixing the various problems I have mentioned earlier. I suspect it will be a long and tough journey for them, but I intend to assist them wherever they need it, and I have faith that they will overcome these problems and ultimately find contentment. They have a strong will and a strong heart, and these things will help them persevere."

>Aya nods. "Hmm, well, that seems like an interesting overview. So, these other missing shadows? You've talked about how Kogasa was a victim. What about the trees and such I came across?"

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #902 on: April 27, 2011, 02:39:58 PM »
> "The trees and rock you have seen...are a little different. I cannot go into too much depth, but I believe I can say that they are still needed for the time being. When that need has vanished, I suspect they will be restored to their proper place."

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #903 on: April 27, 2011, 02:51:09 PM »
> "The trees and rock you have seen...are a little different. I cannot go into too much depth, but I believe I can say that they are still needed for the time being. When that need has vanished, I suspect they will be restored to their proper place."

>"So, you're saying those were her, too?" says Aya.

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #904 on: April 27, 2011, 03:01:23 PM »
> "The one responsible for Bhava-Agra's fall is the one responsible for the state of those trees."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #905 on: April 27, 2011, 03:14:57 PM »
> "The one responsible for Bhava-Agra's fall is the one responsible for the state of those trees."

>Aya writes. "So, why is she doing these things?"

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #906 on: April 27, 2011, 03:24:18 PM »
> Frown.
> "I am sorry, but that information is personal. I would not divulge it to anyone without permission regardless of the person to whom it pertained."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #907 on: April 27, 2011, 03:38:25 PM »
> Frown.
> "I am sorry, but that information is personal. I would not divulge it to anyone without permission regardless of the person to whom it pertained."

>"And why have you taken to protecting her?" asks Aya.

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #908 on: April 27, 2011, 03:45:15 PM »
> "Because she is my friend, and she wishes to maintain her privacy. I would not be a good friend if I did not honor that wish."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #909 on: April 27, 2011, 04:05:31 PM »
> "Because she is my friend, and she wishes to maintain her privacy. I would not be a good friend if I did not honor that wish."

>"Well, let's follow that up," says Aya as she writes. "How and why did you befriend the person who's clearly responsible for a lot of hardship on everyone's part, but yours especially?"

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #910 on: April 27, 2011, 04:26:09 PM »
Oh what the Christ, I accidentally used gender pronouns. Damnit.

At least we didn't get hit with a rock for it. I guess Shuuei is fine with people knowing she's a girl.

> "As I said before, I learned that her actions were not malicious. She was not even aware that Bhava-Agra would fall as a consequence of her actions. She simply made an innocent mistake. The damage is wide-spread, yes, but it is nothing our people cannot overcome. After learning of her motives and her problems, I sympathized with her. I do not have it in me to ignore the plight of someone in need, especially when they are putting themselves in a position where they will not recieve help otherwise."
> Smile.
> "Everyone needs a friend, don't you think? Someone upon whom they can depend in a time of need. Since I knew of her problems, and was willing to help, I'd say it's only logical that her friend ended up being me."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #911 on: April 27, 2011, 04:35:45 PM »
> "As I said before, I learned that her actions were not malicious. She was not even aware that Bhava-Agra would fall as a consequence of her actions. She simply made an innocent mistake. The damage is wide-spread, yes, but it is nothing our people cannot overcome. After learning of her motives and her problems, I sympathized with her. I do not have it in me to ignore the plight of someone in need, especially when they are putting themselves in a position where they will not recieve help otherwise."
> Smile.
> "Everyone needs a friend, don't you think? Someone upon whom they can depend in a time of need. Since I knew of her problems, and was willing to help, I'd say it's only logical that her friend ended up being me."

>"So it was merely obligation?" says Aya.

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #912 on: April 27, 2011, 04:44:15 PM »
> Frown.
> "Of course not, and that's a rather uncharitable assessment."
« Last Edit: April 27, 2011, 04:46:10 PM by Kilgamayan »

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #913 on: April 27, 2011, 04:47:11 PM »
> Frown.
> "That's a rather uncharitable assessment."

>"Well, you keep saying things like how you couldn't walk away, and how you sympathized," says Aya, "But nothing to the tune of actually liking her."

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #914 on: April 27, 2011, 04:55:15 PM »
> "My apologies, I had figured that was implied. Of course that is the case. She is very sweet, and can be quite adorable. I have very much enjoyed the time I have spent with her over the past day or so, and I do hope my duties back home do not interfere too much with our opportunities to meet each other."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #915 on: April 27, 2011, 05:03:45 PM »
> "My apologies, I had figured that was implied. Of course that is the case. She is very sweet, and can be quite adorable. I have very much enjoyed the time I have spent with her over the past day or so, and I do hope my duties back home do not interfere too much with our opportunities to meet each other."

>"So I see," says Aya. "What kind of details can you give me about the difficulties caused to Bhava-Agra?"

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #916 on: April 27, 2011, 06:05:45 PM »
> "There were many injuries all throughout our home, though those should heal with time. Our food stores were greatly damaged, from what I have seen; had we been left to our own devices, it is unlikely we would have made it through the winter in one piece, but I have faith that the deal I have struck with Gensokyo's harvest goddess will, if you will pardon the pun, bear fruit. There were also many artworks that were destroyed. While they were valued, I believe that, over time, we will be able to replace them with newer creations."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #917 on: April 27, 2011, 06:21:12 PM »
> "There were many injuries all throughout our home, though those should heal with time. Our food stores were greatly damaged, from what I have seen; had we been left to our own devices, it is unlikely we would have made it through the winter in one piece, but I have faith that the deal I have struck with Gensokyo's harvest goddess will, if you will pardon the pun, bear fruit. There were also many artworks that were destroyed. While they were valued, I believe that, over time, we will be able to replace them with newer creations."

>"Alright," says Aya, "Is there any truth to the rumor that Eientei had a hand in these events?"

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #918 on: April 27, 2011, 07:01:16 PM »
> Shake head.
> "No. That rumor is the result of an unfortunate set of circumstances involving people in the wrong place at the wrong time. Miss Eirin Yagokoro was visiting one of our fallen islands in search of special medicinal herbs when she was confronted by Marisa, who was moving in Gensokyo's defense from the perceived invasion. Miss Kirisame took Miss Yagokoro's presence on a Bhavagran island to mean Eientei was in league with this invasion and attacked. Miss Yagokoro figured that denying involvement would risk Miss Kirisame coming to her own home, where Miss Reisen Udongein Inaba was lying very ill, so she was forced to lie to Miss Kirisame and confirm Eientei's involvement with the perceived invasion in order to convince Miss Kirisame to search elsewhere for me. This prevented Miss Kirisame from attacking Eientei and adding injury to Miss Inaba's illness. It is my understanding that Miss Yagokoro and Miss Hakurei have since cleared this matter up amongst themselves."
« Last Edit: April 27, 2011, 07:02:50 PM by Kilgamayan »

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #919 on: April 27, 2011, 07:49:26 PM »
> Shake head.
> "No. That rumor is the result of an unfortunate set of circumstances involving people in the wrong place at the wrong time. Miss Eirin Yagokoro was visiting one of our fallen islands in search of special medicinal herbs when she was confronted by Marisa, who was moving in Gensokyo's defense from the perceived invasion. Miss Kirisame took Miss Yagokoro's presence on a Bhavagran island to mean Eientei was in league with this invasion and attacked. Miss Yagokoro figured that denying involvement would risk Miss Kirisame coming to her own home, where Miss Reisen Udongein Inaba was lying very ill, so she was forced to lie to Miss Kirisame and confirm Eientei's involvement with the perceived invasion in order to convince Miss Kirisame to search elsewhere for me. This prevented Miss Kirisame from attacking Eientei and adding injury to Miss Inaba's illness. It is my understanding that Miss Yagokoro and Miss Hakurei have since cleared this matter up amongst themselves."

>Aya continues to write. "So, what would you want to tell people in regard to the perpetrator?"

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #920 on: April 27, 2011, 07:59:06 PM »
> "I can really only ask that her wishes to be left alone are honored, and apologize that I cannot tell people more.  She will leave anyone alone that leaves her alone, so no one need worry about having their shadow taken out of nowhere. Give her some time, and perhaps she will eventually decide on her own if she wants to try being a little more social. If she does not, then that is fine. I harbor no resentment toward her; if someone has further issues with what has happened, they may take them up with me."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #921 on: April 27, 2011, 08:21:09 PM »
> "I can really only ask that her wishes to be left alone are honored, and apologize that I cannot tell people more.  She will leave anyone alone that leaves her alone, so no one need worry about having their shadow taken out of nowhere. Give her some time, and perhaps she will eventually decide on her own if she wants to try being a little more social. If she does not, then that is fine. I harbor no resentment toward her; if someone has further issues with what has happened, they may take them up with me."

>"Alright," says Aya. "I assume, then, that the idea that Tenshi had a hand in this has no merit?"

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #922 on: April 27, 2011, 08:29:46 PM »
> "That depends on how you are approaching the idea that she had a hand in these events. The Eldest Daughter has been an invaluable companion throughout these past two days. She helped me fulfill Bhava-Agra's end of the deal I made with the harvest goddess. She helped with the recovery and restoration of Miss Tatara. She was useful for discussing action plans, sometimes as a source of information or ideas, or sometimes simply as a second pair of ears. She was instrumental in obtaining some of the information about shadows for the culprit. And it was her observations about my general behavior that allowed me to save my people from myself, before I unknowingly insulted Lady Scarlet to the point where she would walk out on our negotiations. But in terms of causing this disaster, no, she was not involved in that."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #923 on: April 27, 2011, 08:50:53 PM »
> "That depends on how you are approaching the idea that she had a hand in these events. The Eldest Daughter has been an invaluable companion throughout these past two days. She helped me fulfill Bhava-Agra's end of the deal I made with the harvest goddess. She helped with the recovery and restoration of Miss Tatara. She was useful for discussing action plans, sometimes as a source of information or ideas, or sometimes simply as a second pair of ears. She was instrumental in obtaining some of the information about shadows for the culprit. And it was her observations about my general behavior that allowed me to save my people from myself, before I unknowingly insulted Lady Scarlet to the point where she would walk out on our negotiations. But in terms of causing this disaster, no, she was not involved in that."

>"I see," says Aya. "Might I have your thoughts on this affair as a whole?"

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #924 on: April 27, 2011, 09:00:00 PM »
> "I am thankful to everyone who has helped me in my endeavours, be they of Bhava-Agra, Gensokyo, or even Makai. I have never been overly worried about Bhava-Agra's ability to recover from the physical damage this disaster has caused. My one true worry was Bhava-Agra's ability to recover from the emotional damage this disaster has caused, as many people initially distrusted us and assumes us to be malicious. Trustworthiness is one of enlightenment's founding principles, and to deny Bhava-Agra trust would be denying it a part of itself. However, my experience with Gensokyo's natives has helped me realize that this will not be a concern, as Gensokyo itself has ultimately been incredibly accomodating and understanding. I feel as though the relation between our realms will not worsen as a result of this incident, and for this, I am quite happy, and very grateful."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #925 on: April 27, 2011, 09:07:17 PM »
> "I am thankful to everyone who has helped me in my endeavours, be they of Bhava-Agra, Gensokyo, or even Makai. I have never been overly worried about Bhava-Agra's ability to recover from the physical damage this disaster has caused. My one true worry was Bhava-Agra's ability to recover from the emotional damage this disaster has caused, as many people initially distrusted us and assumes us to be malicious. Trustworthiness is one of enlightenment's founding principles, and to deny Bhava-Agra trust would be denying it a part of itself. However, my experience with Gensokyo's natives has helped me realize that this will not be a concern, as Gensokyo itself has ultimately been incredibly accomodating and understanding. I feel as though the relation between our realms will not worsen as a result of this incident, and for this, I am quite happy, and very grateful."

>"Hm, I think that's about it for now," says Aya. "But, do you have anything to add?"

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #926 on: April 27, 2011, 10:16:13 PM »
It just occurred to me that I don't want to mention the dance concert for Nue until after Nue has done her thing, for however unlikely that is now.

> "Oh, yes. I should also give due credit to Lady Yasaka, for it was her observation that my home was casting improper shadows that first led me down that path. That happened generally around the time when I struck the deal with the harvest goddess; it was after finding the Eldest Daugther, but before, shall we say, enlisting scout help."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #927 on: April 27, 2011, 11:15:19 PM »
> "Oh, yes. I should also give due credit to Lady Yasaka, for it was her observation that my home was casting improper shadows that first led me down that path. That happened generally around the time when I struck the deal with the harvest goddess; it was after finding the Eldest Daugther, but before, shall we say, enlisting scout help."

>Aya nods. "Well, I think that should just about wrap that up, but I may come back for more as new discoveries come to light."

>_

GuyYouMetOnline

• Surprisingy not smart for lynch dodging
« Reply #928 on: April 28, 2011, 12:03:23 AM »
The concert for Nue is payment for the seed; we'll need to do it regardless of her role in getting the picture. I say mention it.

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #929 on: April 28, 2011, 12:58:49 AM »
I worry about being in an uncomfortable situation if Aya asks why, but if you would like to tell her, go ahead. You know the details of that bit better than I do; I'd suggest you take care of the exact description of it.