Author Topic: Iku Quest Tsamet'i - A Z-Machine Adventure  (Read 54784 times)

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
Re: Iku Quest Tsamet'i - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #270 on: April 13, 2011, 02:31:25 AM »
> Turn to Nue.
> "I am terribly sorry for all the delays, after you were willing to take time out of your schedule to help us."

>"I kinda expected it," says Nue with a shrug.

>_

GuyYouMetOnline

• Surprisingy not smart for lynch dodging
« Reply #271 on: April 13, 2011, 02:32:31 AM »
>"I'll make this as quick as possible, then."
>Head towards the nearest island with Shuuei and Nue.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #272 on: April 13, 2011, 02:42:27 AM »
>"I'll make this as quick as possible, then."
>Head towards the nearest island with Shuuei and Nue.

>There are two islands nearby. One is close to Renko and Maribel's home, but is out in the open. The other is the island where you met with Remilia; it is a little fither away, but hovers over the forest.

>_

« Reply #273 on: April 13, 2011, 02:54:11 AM »
> "The island we met Remilia on, that one is above the trees. Will that one suffice?"
> If Brocken says it does, then head to that one.

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #274 on: April 13, 2011, 02:58:44 AM »
> If the poltergeist agrees to it, before leaving, add "This will give me the chance to see if Sakuya is okay for myself, before she is hurtled up into the air."
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #275 on: April 13, 2011, 03:09:35 AM »
> "The island we met Remilia on, that one is above the trees. Will that one suffice?"
> If Brocken says it does, then head to that one.

>She nods. "I just need to be under it."

> If the poltergeist agrees to it, before leaving, add "This will give me the chance to see if Sakuya is okay for myself, before she is hurtled up into the air."

>Nue nods.
>You trek that way, leaving Nue by the stream.  Moving through the forest is easy enough, the poltergeist is a fairly good leader, even though the amount of looking around she does while walking almost makes your head sore just watching her. Soon you cross over the road, in sight of Kourindou, and into the thicker part of the forest. Your progress slows here, especially since the poltergeist can't just hover over problematic things like you can.
>Soon enough, you reach a small, clear area under the island, you suspect if the leaves hadn't fallen, the sky would be mostly obscured here. "This will do," says the poltergeist, as she walks to the middle of the spot and kneels on the ground, placing her hands on the dirt.

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #276 on: April 13, 2011, 03:19:57 AM »
> "Wait. Before you do this, let me travel up to the island, to make sure the vampire's chief assistant has been removed from it. She has several severe injuries, and they would only be made worse if she were on the islands when they ascended."

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #277 on: April 13, 2011, 03:23:52 AM »
> "Wait. Before you do this, let me travel up to the island, to make sure the vampire's chief assistant has been removed from it. She has several severe injuries, and they would only be made worse if she were on the islands when they ascended."

>"Oh," says the poltergeist. "Well, I'll be here."

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #278 on: April 13, 2011, 03:30:33 AM »
> "Sorry. I will be back immediately."
> Assuming the poltergeist makes no attempt to stop us, crest the canopy of the forest and head up to the village on the island where Sakuya was resting.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #279 on: April 13, 2011, 03:33:50 AM »
> "Sorry. I will be back immediately."
> Assuming the poltergeist makes no attempt to stop us, crest the canopy of the forest and head up to the village on the island where Sakuya was resting.

>You make your way out of the forest,  which takes a little more effort than before to keep from getting a twig in the eye, and fly to the topside of the island.
>Reaching the village, you find it was significantly cleaner than it was before, and less active. Some of the houses have lights in the windows, including the one where you saw Sakuya last.

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #280 on: April 13, 2011, 03:34:17 AM »
> Head to the house where we saw Sakuya last.
> Knock on the door.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #281 on: April 13, 2011, 03:34:52 AM »
> Head to the house where we saw Sakuya last.
> Knock on the door.

>You head to that house and knock on the door. There doesn't seem to be any answer.

>_

« Reply #282 on: April 13, 2011, 03:43:27 AM »
> Carefully and quietly open the door and peek inside.

Ignore that.

« Reply #283 on: April 13, 2011, 03:45:01 AM »
> Knock again, and call out in a soft tone. "Izayoi-san, are you there?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #284 on: April 13, 2011, 03:48:14 AM »
> Knock again, and call out in a soft tone. "Izayoi-san, are you there?"

>You knock again and call out, there is no response.

>_

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #285 on: April 13, 2011, 03:50:04 AM »
>If there are windows, look through one.

« Reply #286 on: April 13, 2011, 03:50:20 AM »
> Wait for about a minute, to see if anyone will respond.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #287 on: April 13, 2011, 03:53:57 AM »
> Wait for about a minute, to see if anyone will respond.

>You don't seem to be hearing anything.

>If there are windows, look through one.

>There are windows, you saw a light through one.
>Looking inside, you can see Sakuya is still laying on a futon, and seems to be asleep.

>_

« Reply #288 on: April 13, 2011, 03:57:28 AM »
> Is there a Celestial in the house as well?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #289 on: April 13, 2011, 04:06:27 AM »
> Is there a Celestial in the house as well?

>Not that you can see, and given it's a one-room house, you are reasonably sure there isn't.

>_

« Reply #290 on: April 13, 2011, 04:11:24 AM »
> Is there a leader of Celestials on this island? Someone who carries authority and knows everyone on this particular island? We can talk to them, give them a warning, and they can ensure that Sakuya has all the help she needs should problems arise.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #291 on: April 13, 2011, 04:19:05 AM »
> Is there a leader of Celestials on this island? Someone who carries authority and knows everyone on this particular island? We can talk to them, give them a warning, and they can ensure that Sakuya has all the help she needs should problems arise.

>You do not know, you don't usually have dealings with the place. Given how small it is, you find it likely they never bothered to select one.

>_

« Reply #292 on: April 13, 2011, 04:24:57 AM »
> Ah, well, it can't be helped: quietly enter the building and kneel at Sakuya's side.
> Gently awaken Sakuya, shaking her by her arm. "Pardon me, Izayoi-san, but I have urgent news."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #293 on: April 13, 2011, 04:28:41 AM »
> Ah, well, it can't be helped: quietly enter the building and kneel at Sakuya's side.
> Gently awaken Sakuya, shaking her by her arm. "Pardon me, Izayoi-san, but I have urgent news."

>You walk in through the front door, and approach the sleeping maid. She looks quite peaceful at the moment.
>You shake her unbroken arm; her eyes fly one and she focuses on you, her brow lightly furrowed. "What?" she mumbles.

>_

« Reply #294 on: April 13, 2011, 04:41:51 AM »
> "I apologize for the interruption, so I'll be brief: the shadows will be returned to the islands momentarily, and it is likely that there will be quite a bit of turbulence as the islands ascend. Would you like me to send someone to watch after you, to ensure that you are not harmed during the ascension?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #295 on: April 13, 2011, 04:55:09 AM »
> "I apologize for the interruption, so I'll be brief: the shadows will be returned to the islands momentarily, and it is likely that there will be quite a bit of turbulence as the islands ascend. Would you like me to send someone to watch after you, to ensure that you are not harmed during the ascension?"

>Her expression softens a bit. "I'll likely be fine," she says. "Whatever Mistress may say, I'm not so delicate that I can't shift a bit."

>_

« Reply #296 on: April 13, 2011, 04:59:49 AM »
> "If you're sure..."
> If Sakuya has nothing else for us, return to Brocken. "I've warned Sakuya, and she claims that she'll be safe. If you're ready, you may begin, but don't push yourself."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #297 on: April 13, 2011, 05:08:03 AM »
> "If you're sure..."
> If Sakuya has nothing else for us, return to Brocken. "I've warned Sakuya, and she claims that she'll be safe. If you're ready, you may begin, but don't push yourself."

>"If there is a problem, I have ways to get to safety," Sakuya says.
>You leave Sakuya and the island behind, returning to the spot where you left the poltergeist, and explain things to her. "Alright," she says. "I'll begin now."
>She kneels on the ground, and places both her hands over it. As you observe, the dim shadow blanketing the tiny clearing darkens considerably, soon becoming as inky as everything else around you. There doesn't seem to be as much of a show as last time, just blackness that radiates from the poltergeist into the clearing.
>As the shadow darkens, the poltergeist seems to get...lighter. You're not certain what to make of it, until you can dimly see the trees opposite of the clearing through her! By the time she stands again, a few moments later, she is most noticeably transparent. You can even see the back of her mask through her head before she turns to face you again.

>_

« Reply #298 on: April 13, 2011, 05:22:33 AM »
Okay, yeah, letting Kilga handle this one. :ohdear:

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #299 on: April 13, 2011, 05:46:07 AM »
>Run over to Shuuei.
>"Are you all right?"