Author Topic: Iku Quest Tsamet'i - A Z-Machine Adventure  (Read 56029 times)

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
Re: Iku Quest Tsamet'i - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #390 on: April 15, 2011, 03:34:02 AM »
Going to bed, but I don't want to leave Feisty Geist just yet, so please don't abandon her while I'm gone. :[

EDIT: Oh well if Purvis is going to update now then I'll hold off on bed for that.
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #391 on: April 15, 2011, 03:35:57 AM »
> Who is Nunuu?
> Turn to the poltergeist.
> "Well, now that you have plenty more opportunities open to you, what would you like to do now?"

>Chief ASCII Designer. She will be sacked.
>You turn to the poltergeist and ask what she wants to do. "I don't know..." she says. "I really don't want to do anything different at all."

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #392 on: April 15, 2011, 03:40:43 AM »
> "That is understandable, given your outlook on life. But clearly we must do something different with you, or else your condition will grow no better."

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #393 on: April 15, 2011, 03:56:01 AM »
> "That is understandable, given your outlook on life. But clearly we must do something different with you, or else your condition will grow no better."

>"I know," she says. "It's just...well, I'm not really sure what I want to do."

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #394 on: April 15, 2011, 10:34:57 AM »
> "Mmm. Perhaps being introduced to people and seeing how they live will inspire you to find something you enjoy doing."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #395 on: April 15, 2011, 10:40:16 AM »
> "Mmm. Perhaps being introduced to people and seeing how they live will inspire you to find something you enjoy doing."

>"I suppose," she says. "I'm not really sure how to do that. Or what to say when they notice my shadow..."

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #396 on: April 15, 2011, 10:50:51 AM »
> "If anyone asks, we can tell them that it's a complicated story, and you don't like talking about it very much."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #397 on: April 15, 2011, 10:52:53 AM »
> "If anyone asks, we can tell them that it's a complicated story, and you don't like talking about it very much."

>She nods. "Alright. Well, um, what should I do?"

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #398 on: April 15, 2011, 10:59:09 AM »
> "Mmm...I can think of a few things, assuming most people haven't already finished their business for the evening. We could visit the human village and see what is around it, though I admit it would be rather weird introducing you to people that are largely strangers to both of us. We could find the Prismriver Manor again, and if they are still playing music, you could perhaps listen in on their concert. Or we could return to Bhava-Agra, and I could introduce to the celestials as a Gensokyo native that was a great help in my efforts to restore our home."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #399 on: April 15, 2011, 11:04:37 AM »
> "Mmm...I can think of a few things, assuming most people haven't already finished their business for the evening. We could visit the human village and see what is around it, though I admit it would be rather weird introducing you to people that are largely strangers to both of us. We could find the Prismriver Manor again, and if they are still playing music, you could perhaps listen in on their concert. Or we could return to Bhava-Agra, and I could introduce to the celestials as a Gensokyo native that was a great help in my efforts to restore our home."

>"Well, I suppose the village is where I'm most likely to see those people again," says the poltergeist.

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #400 on: April 15, 2011, 11:11:51 AM »
> "All right, then. Are you prepared to leave right now, or would you like a few minutes?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #401 on: April 15, 2011, 11:19:41 AM »
> "All right, then. Are you prepared to leave right now, or would you like a few minutes?"

>"I suppose I can now," she says.

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #402 on: April 15, 2011, 11:22:56 AM »
> Smile.
> "Let us go, then."
> Assuming the poltergeist does not object, being traveling to the human village on foot.
> Along the way, when there is no one visibly around, turn to the poltergeist.
> "So there are probably a few details we should work out now."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #403 on: April 15, 2011, 11:33:26 AM »
> Smile.
> "Let us go, then."
> Assuming the poltergeist does not object, being traveling to the human village on foot.
> Along the way, when there is no one visibly around, turn to the poltergeist.
> "So there are probably a few details we should work out now."

>She nods, and the two of you begin to trek northward.
>It's lonely at this time of night. While youkai tend to be active now, the fields between the forest and the town are empty.
>"Go on," she says.

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #404 on: April 15, 2011, 12:11:34 PM »
> "Interaction with other people is almost invariably going to involve talking about yourself, even if just a little bit. You obviously don't want to talk about your shadow, or some of the other things that have happened recently, but people may be curious about from where you came, how long you have been here, what you do with yourself, what magic you may be capable of, things like that. How tolerable would it be to talk about these kinds of things, given that the person hearing them will be associating them with a false name and the false visuals they see in front of them, rather than the real you?"
« Last Edit: April 15, 2011, 12:21:48 PM by Purvissimo »

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #405 on: April 15, 2011, 12:21:32 PM »
> "Interaction with other people is almost invariably going to involve talking about yourself, even if just a little bit. You obviously don't want to talk about your shadow, or some of the other things that have happened recently, but people may be curious about from where you came, how long you have been here, what you do with yourself, what magic you may be capable of, things like that. How tolerable would it be to talk about these kinds of things, given that the person hearing them will be associating them with a false name and the false visuals they see in front of them, rather than the real you?"

>"I would rather not," she says, shaking her head.

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #406 on: April 15, 2011, 12:31:22 PM »
> Frown.
> "All right. I had already planned on explaining you as very shy anyway, so I suppose this explanation will cover these preferences. I must admit, however, that I do not know how far saying nothing will go to help you gain your own...you-know-what."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #407 on: April 15, 2011, 12:46:53 PM »
> Frown.
> "All right. I had already planned on explaining you as very shy anyway, so I suppose this explanation will cover these preferences. I must admit, however, that I do not know how far saying nothing will go to help you gain your own...you-know-what."

>She nods. "Maybe I'll come up with something..."

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #408 on: April 15, 2011, 01:05:26 PM »
> "I hope you can. It would not do to be found out so quickly, after all."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #409 on: April 15, 2011, 01:17:57 PM »
> "I hope you can. It would not do to be found out so quickly, after all."

>She nods. "I'll try..."

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #410 on: April 15, 2011, 01:37:49 PM »
> Smile.
> "I have faith that you will do just fine."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #411 on: April 15, 2011, 01:45:33 PM »
> Smile.
> "I have faith that you will do just fine."

>"Thank you," she says, as adjusts her mask.

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #412 on: April 15, 2011, 01:50:08 PM »
> Raise an eyebrow.
> "By the way, I think you can take that mask off now. Your face has changed sufficiently that no one will see the real you. The illusion Miss Houjuu provided you essentially functions as a living mask now."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #413 on: April 15, 2011, 01:55:29 PM »
> Raise an eyebrow.
> "By the way, I think you can take that mask off now. Your face has changed sufficiently that no one will see the real you. The illusion Miss Houjuu provided you essentially functions as a living mask now."

>"I like having it," she says. "I know how it works."

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #414 on: April 15, 2011, 02:00:46 PM »
> Frown.
> "All the more reason to find you a reflective surface, I suppose. But that can come at a later time. Another thing that we should probably consider is that physical contact may be made with you. It may be incidental, it may be intentional, but whatever it is, do your best to avoid recoiling from it, because it is very likely not malicious. I very much doubt someone will be picking any fights in the human village right now."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #415 on: April 15, 2011, 02:18:58 PM »
> Frown.
> "All the more reason to find you a reflective surface, I suppose. But that can come at a later time. Another thing that we should probably consider is that physical contact may be made with you. It may be incidental, it may be intentional, but whatever it is, do your best to avoid recoiling from it, because it is very likely not malicious. I very much doubt someone will be picking any fights in the human village right now."

>"I'll do my best," she says. "Just...it's not something I could stop doing, even if I wanted to."

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #416 on: April 15, 2011, 02:24:46 PM »
> Small smile.
> "I think you give yourself too little credit. At this time yesterday, did you think it was possible for you to be walking by my side, out in the open, toward a large conglomeration of strangers?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #417 on: April 15, 2011, 02:27:01 PM »
> Small smile.
> "I think you give yourself too little credit. At this time yesterday, did you think it was possible for you to be walking by my side, out in the open, toward a large conglomeration of strangers?"

>"No, I suppose not," she says, looking away from you.

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #418 on: April 15, 2011, 02:33:18 PM »
> "Indeed, and I did not expect this situation much more than you did. It is a testament to you as a person that you are here now. I cannot overstate the bravery you are displaying by being here at all, not simply in the fact that you are showing yourself to someone, but in the fact that you are considering it a potentially worthwhile endeavour, even though your heart and mind are likely screaming at you that this isn't what you should be doing. You should be very proud of yourself that you are able to question what is presented to you as truth to the point of being willing to go out and do what you think may be right, even though it contradicts that truth. And, if it helps to keep you on that path, you can take solace in the fact that I am now doing the exact same thing alongside you, with each step that we take, with each plan that we make."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #419 on: April 15, 2011, 02:37:14 PM »
> "Indeed, and I did not expect this situation much more than you did. It is a testament to you as a person that you are here now. I cannot overstate the bravery you are displaying by being here at all, not simply in the fact that you are showing yourself to someone, but in the fact that you are considering it a potentially worthwhile endeavour, even though your heart and mind are likely screaming at you that this isn't what you should be doing. You should be very proud of yourself that you are able to question what is presented to you as truth to the point of being willing to go out and do what you think may be right, even though it contradicts that truth. And, if it helps to keep you on that path, you can take solace in the fact that I am now doing the exact same thing alongside you, with each step that we take, with each plan that we make."

>"Please stop bringing up my failures as though they were worth praising," she says.

>_
« Last Edit: April 15, 2011, 09:45:12 PM by Purvissimo »