Author Topic: Diplomacy: New Game, New Thread and (maybe not so) New Host (completed)  (Read 26268 times)

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
Re: Diplomacy: New Game, New Thread and (maybe not so) New Host
« Reply #180 on: May 11, 2011, 11:37:44 PM »
Yeah I'd say it's good.

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

Conqueror

• Here I am, dirty and faceless
  • waiting to heed your instruction
« Reply #181 on: May 11, 2011, 11:40:19 PM »
Alright, cool. Time to send everything to Dorian. Or maybe Pastebin or something.

Spoiler:
For the record, I would have left Russia a token territory for his support of my Turkey invasion. Because I'm nice like that.

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.
Every saint has a past and every sinner a future.

Shadoweh

• I will ahn~ vote count for you
  • The STRONGEST Day Effect
« Reply #182 on: May 11, 2011, 11:42:25 PM »
*sob*
Do I seriously have to?
Because.. I have like.. over 100 PM's ;-;

Kitten4u: "I'll say it plainly: THERE IS NO WAY SHADOWEH IS SCUM!" - A Balanced Game of Mafia

Conqueror

« Reply #183 on: May 11, 2011, 11:43:53 PM »
I think it'd make a nice narrative, with all the behind-the-scenes manipulation. And it'll also teach people what not to say if they don't want to get stabbed. >_>

I'll probably pastebin it, yeah.

Edit: What would really be nice is if we could put together one large chronological file with all correspondence. But that would take an inordinate amount of effort, so.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2011, 11:47:05 PM by Conqueror »

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #184 on: May 11, 2011, 11:49:01 PM »
How about next time, use quicktopics instead of PMs? :D

Serp

• It's all about overwhelming force and irresistible style
  • And in a pinch, style can slide
« Reply #185 on: May 11, 2011, 11:49:52 PM »
Well, in theory, Italy might decide not to go into that gentle good night, so we probably shouldn't count the game over yet.
[15:13] <Sana> >:<

Serp

« Reply #186 on: May 11, 2011, 11:51:50 PM »
Also, the problem with QT is that it proves without doubt that messages have been sent, which kind of goes against the spirit of anyone being able to lie about anything and nothing being there to contradict him.

Shadoweh

« Reply #187 on: May 11, 2011, 11:54:09 PM »
That would be alot of quicktopics XD We should have just used IRC and kept logs.

Kitten4u: "I'll say it plainly: THERE IS NO WAY SHADOWEH IS SCUM!" - A Balanced Game of Mafia

Conqueror

« Reply #188 on: May 11, 2011, 11:55:05 PM »
Fair point about Italy; we'll have to wait for him to drop in. Although really.

And seconding Serp on QTs vs PMs. Not to mention QT links could just be passed around.

Doll.S CUBE

• I Have A New Obssession
  • ♥Puppy Love♥
« Reply #189 on: May 11, 2011, 11:59:59 PM »
How about next time, use quicktopics instead of PMs? :D

Not that we used it much, the most poster in our one is me talking to what is apparently air :V

QTs are good use if your planning a permanent alliance with someone but yeah, not good for general use.

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #190 on: May 12, 2011, 12:14:53 AM »
So...  If we ARE using Pastebin and the game is over, what's a good way to order the PMs anyway? 

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #191 on: May 12, 2011, 12:36:08 AM »
Meh, Italy is not going to beat me. Unless he starts moving everything else in, but then he's dead(er).

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #192 on: May 12, 2011, 12:37:27 AM »
Also, Kasunagi. You should learn to predict better :D That's how my one fleet messed around with you. And probably be a little bit more aggressive.

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #193 on: May 12, 2011, 12:48:28 AM »
Also, Kasunagi. You should learn to predict better :D That's how my one fleet messed around with you. And probably be a little bit more aggressive.
Yeah yeah.  I know.  honestly, I should've known something was up when Serp moved into the place right below the Arctic as well.

Dorian White

• The most handsome non-vampire diplomat you ever encountered ~
  • With a Gandalf like evolution.
« Reply #194 on: May 12, 2011, 02:00:16 AM »
*sob*
Do I seriously have to?
Because.. I have like.. over 100 PM's ;-;
Oh dear! :ohdear:

I think it'd make a nice narrative, with all the behind-the-scenes manipulation. And it'll also teach people what not to say if they don't want to get stabbed. >_>

I'll probably pastebin it, yeah.

Edit: What would really be nice is if we could put together one large chronological file with all correspondence. But that would take an inordinate amount of effort, so.
I think it's simply impossible to bring all conversations into one file without killing the context, let alone chronological. Well I need to view the material fist, before we can decide what to do with it.

Well, in theory, Italy might decide not to go into that gentle good night, so we probably shouldn't count the game over yet.
Of course, a declared victory has the same requirement as a draw, unanimity that includes Schezo as well.

About QT: Pesco also suggested it for that purpose, but I didn't found the time to look into it so I'm not sure how it's supposed to work.
Bella gerant alii, tu felix Gensokyo nube. Nam quae Mars aliis, dat tibi diva Venus.

Schezo

• en-counse
« Reply #195 on: May 12, 2011, 02:03:53 AM »
Thank God I've only documented up to 1903. I put everything in an easy to read note pad everything sent to me and everything I sent because really, dumping 800+ messages on the mod sounds like bullshit.

Dorian: I like that thing you gave me and I would be more than willing to run the next game whenever you guys are ready.

Doll.S CUBE

• ♥Puppy Love♥
« Reply #196 on: May 12, 2011, 02:59:24 AM »
You see, the point was to save the messages you sent not the one you received. Well shit happens, but I would prefer that you say that yourself in the thread.

:V Yeah, I forgot to save my sent messages....not that there's much. All the messages I sent and received is like, under 30......

Serp

« Reply #197 on: May 12, 2011, 03:14:08 AM »
Oh dear! :ohdear:

Don't worry, most of it is flirting.

Quote from: Dorian G.
Of course, a declared victory has the same requirement as a draw, unanimity that includes Schezo as well.

I mean if all the players but Shadoweh, Conqueror and myself forfeit.  In that case, the three of us could declare a draw.

Doll.S CUBE

• ♥Puppy Love♥
« Reply #198 on: May 12, 2011, 07:48:47 AM »
Don't worry, most of it is flirting.

Flirting? Bit..... :wat:

Shadoweh

« Reply #199 on: May 12, 2011, 08:19:27 AM »
Pfft, don't listen to that Serp, I'm sure only 50% of it is wantom mafia flirting >.>
Spoiler:
oops how did all of these posts get erased oh well no proof to hold me by!
« Last Edit: May 12, 2011, 08:31:33 AM by Shadoweh »

Dorian White

« Reply #200 on: May 12, 2011, 06:53:33 PM »
So now that I have Yonowaaru agreement I call the game officially over with a declared victory of Germany, Austria and Norway, congratulation!

And to the mess that's supposed to be a game documentation, it's already foreseeable that it will have a lot of holes in it so I wonder how much I can do with it, well we'll see about that. However if you've a Pastebin just PM me the link or post it here, what you prefer.

Did I forgot anything?
Bella gerant alii, tu felix Gensokyo nube. Nam quae Mars aliis, dat tibi diva Venus.

Shadoweh

« Reply #201 on: May 12, 2011, 08:47:26 PM »
\o/ VICTORY FOR SYLVANIS AND MY LORD ANTI-LURKER CARTHRAT!

I think as long as the post times are included people can compare. And again IRC is a good way to have long logs of what happen in the future, better then 65 Quicktopics ^^

Anyways, I'm really surprised how that turned out. I think it's funny I hopped in to choose Germany at the last minute >.> I decided two things at the start of the game: I was going to destroy one place no matter what (Russia) and I was going to ally with one place unless he tried to keel me (Austria). I let people come to me first to see what they wanted, then approached people to say I would totally leave them alone because people like peace treaties for some reason. I was deeply amused by how England and France were too busy attacking each other to grow and let me take all the way to Belgium.

I originally couldn't decide if I wanted to go with Norway or Russia. Schezo really did send me the most adorable message and I was thinking about just ignoring the east completely. I blame everything on my horrible, horrible allies who went behind my back to tell him about my wishes for furry hats and Prussian dancers. Oh well, Norway was more convenient for my eventual takeover plans anyways. It was totally my decision. Yes.

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #202 on: May 12, 2011, 09:14:02 PM »
Buh...  I should've known better than to completely trust my allies...

Also, should we only PasteBin the messages we received,  the messages we sent, or both?

Dorian White

« Reply #203 on: May 12, 2011, 09:28:54 PM »
Only the messages you sent, except you have something from Doll to fill the hole.

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2011, 10:27:56 PM by Hakasu »

Doll.S CUBE

• ♥Puppy Love♥
« Reply #205 on: May 12, 2011, 10:49:54 PM »
Buh...  I should've known better than to completely trust my allies...

Also, should we only PasteBin the messages we received,  the messages we sent, or both?

Only really trust countries that are not next to you, the whole point of diplomacy is backstabbing. Backstabbing and surprise of course, you should try to be less obvious in your backstabbing Schezo. Oh and really think of your priorities, an army instead of a navy could have really helped you in the north.
Spoiler:
Why, I'm not annoyed by it at all :V

Schezo

• en-counse
« Reply #206 on: May 12, 2011, 10:52:14 PM »
Hush, I know I can't play very well. :<

Dorian White

'Kay then.

EDIT:  Finished my log. I didn't include the orders I sent and there are probably a few gaps, but it should be mostly everything.
It would be nice if you add the date and time to the messages, so that I can keep them chronological when put things into context.

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
It would be nice if you add the date and time to the messages, so that I can keep them chronological when put things into context.
'Kay then.  I'll probably do that tomorrow as I don't have enough time tonight.

Conqueror

Decided to be not lazy for once.

Here's the six messages Doll sent me before he stopped talking to me. http://pastebin.com/fWj1meSN

Will get my sent messages up later.