Author Topic: Mafia Rule Mafia - Postgame, Town Win  (Read 68254 times)

Thata no Guykoro

• I ran out of good lines a while ago
  • It alllll makes sense now
Re: Mafia Rule Mafia - Day 1
« Reply #60 on: February 27, 2011, 07:02:56 PM »
Because more votecounts are always fun!

A Second Vote Count!
Pesco (1) - Edible
Kitten4u (1) - Dormio, Conquerer
Hanged Hourai (1) - Doll.S
Dormio (1) - Schezo, PX, Pesco
Conqueror (2) - Hanged Hourai, Bardiche, PX
Edible (1) - Zakeri
Zakeri (1) - Shadoweh
PX (0) - Dormio
Shadoweh (2) - Schezo, Bardiche
Not Voting: Kitten4u, Polaris, Dormio
With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch. There are currently ~53 hours left in the day.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2011, 08:53:33 PM by Quercus Thatguy »

Conqueror

• Here I am, dirty and faceless
  • waiting to heed your instruction
« Reply #61 on: February 27, 2011, 07:03:31 PM »
@Shadoweh
I was last to confirm because I wasn't at my computer when the game started. I was last to confirm...by an hour. Not sure what point you're trying to make here.

As for K4U, it's always nice to have a post from her, even if she does naturally lurk a lot. I'd like to point out neither Polaris or K4U have posted since confirmation, as you missed the former in your previous post. However, they still have a lot of time to post, so I'll be waiting on them.

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.
Every saint has a past and every sinner a future.

« Reply #62 on: February 27, 2011, 07:59:24 PM »
Quote from: Shadoweh, Post 51
Both Zakeri and Doll's post sounded like "Me too, PS I'm here!"
And what exactly about this makes me or Doll.S scum, as oppose to anything else. Just because we're divided only into teams of Mafia and not-mafia does not mean every effect seen inside the game is a result of the person being one of those two things. Sometimes, a person will say "I'm here." Simply because, for example, they are here.

Quote from:  Shadowmen, same post
I think [Pesco's statement about reactions] is the definition of cheerleading.
No, It's not. I don't recall Pesco asking people to lynch you. He may be expecting people to vote you, but that's different from wanting them to lynch you.

Edible and Conqueror's comments on Kitten (and Polaris in the latter case) strike a little too close to opinion sniping. I'm keeping an eye on where they both take it.

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #63 on: February 27, 2011, 08:06:10 PM »
Opinion sniping?

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #64 on: February 27, 2011, 08:15:26 PM »
Edible is a camper. Just look at him reading the topic with his online status hidden :V

Well, as Zak pointed out, what Edible is doing is a better example of cheerleading. Shadow makes a bunch of derp namedrops and it becomes a trend for people to follow in pressing the dumb leads. Thar's lazy scumhunting.

##Unvote
##Vote Edible

Btw Edible, you suck :P

Dormio Ergo Sum

• MotK's Official Idlebot
  • I don't bite... much.
« Reply #65 on: February 27, 2011, 08:20:01 PM »
Not Voting: Kitten4u, Polaris
With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch. There are currently ~53 hours left in the day. [/color]
Shouldn't I be on the not voting list too?

Dormio: For the opening hours of Day 1 I felt it was a strong enough case to stir up discussion. Out of the three I would have chosen, Pesco started it with a vote so it was possible he was merely trying to start discussion (I no longer believe this) and Doll just seems to be like that. Both Zakeri and Doll's post sounded like "Me too, PS I'm here!" I would vote Doll as a player but we're trying to find scum. I didn't vote you or PX because I didn't think you were still trying to RVS and I think less of you now. Can you explain to me why you unvoted instead of giving PX a chance to reply to your vote on him?
I voted PX simply because he voted for me earlier.
And because the third to board a bus is always scum.
He had no previous votes on him and it didn't look like he was going to get any more any time soon so I could put my vote there and change it later.
After all, there were still around seventy hours left in the day when I posted that.

Anyway, I just woke up and I have to get ready to go to uni.
Hopefully I'll have more to contribute once my brain is working and I have more time.

Warning - while you were typing 2 new replies have been posted. You may wish to review your post.
Gddmt people.

« Reply #66 on: February 27, 2011, 08:23:57 PM »
Getting an early death in on somebody who had yet to provide any useful opinions. It's sort of like lynching the person everyone wants lynched anyway, except on the opposite side of the scale, and slightly less apocalyptic in terms of information gathering.

Again, I'd have to wait to see where you go with this, so I probably shouldn't have given out the warning.

Cut: Dormio, Shadoweh appears to be asking why you unvoted, but you only explained why you voted.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #67 on: February 27, 2011, 08:30:09 PM »
I really shouldn't be on here right now.
Anyway, I unvoted because I voted PX for a random reason and there was no reason to keep my vote on him if actual discussions were going to start.
I mean, I wouldn't want to accidentally contribute to a random hammer or anything while I was away.
I know it's not likely to happen but just in case.

Edible

« Reply #68 on: February 27, 2011, 08:31:29 PM »
Well, as Zak pointed out, what Edible is doing is a better example of cheerleading. Shadow makes a bunch of derp namedrops and it becomes a trend for people to follow in pressing the dumb leads. Thar's lazy scumhunting.

Lazy scumhunting ED1 is better than "lolwut :popcorn:", which was up until now your entire contribution to the topic.  You have little right to pass judgement at the moment.  And as noted below, Zak pointed out something else entirely, so please don't put words in his mouth.

Getting an early death in on somebody who had yet to provide any useful opinions. It's sort of like lynching the person everyone wants lynched anyway, except on the opposite side of the scale, and slightly less apocalyptic in terms of information gathering.

Oh, okay.  I was just prodding her in a semi-joking manner.  Since, y'know - slept through the whole previous game and was scum, and all that. <_<

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #69 on: February 27, 2011, 08:33:16 PM »
Wasn't putting words in his mouth. Those be MY words that you're worth voting for.

Shadoweh

• I will ahn~ vote count for you
  • The STRONGEST Day Effect
« Reply #70 on: February 27, 2011, 08:34:47 PM »
Conqueror: I was more hoping you would comment on what you think of multiple people voting you for it. Feel free to comment on the rest of the game too though. I didn't mention Polaris because.. I thought he'd posted.. huh. He hasn't posted either and I was in error. My comments are now directed towards both of them. If I seem extra paranoid about lurkers it's because the rules are extra friendly to them this game.

Zakeri: By continuing to joke around after two people have switched votes and started posting reasons for voting besides 'Jerk', the RVS is prolonged and less actual Mafia Game is happening. Yes I am referring to PX and Dormio's posts. No I don't care if they didn't mean to be taken seriously. (PX still might have)
Is cheerleading the wrong word? From my understanding it means when someone encourages other people to present cases to each other without giving any input themselves and this is what I meant when I said it. Also, considering the amount of negative attention my post generated I think 'Carry on.' could be interpreted as 'Please get lynched.'

As I said before though this is sufficient content  to make me feel comfortable with a UNVOTE and I still feel Pesco was being dodgey. I also feel he slightly misrepped me by saying "The people you're accusing of lurking" when I was only accusing one person of not posting at all. VOTE Pesco and I will be having people over for about ten hours so don't expect much input from me until tonight.

A-also I'm not insulted or anything but I'm a she.

Warning - while you were typing 5 new replies have been posted. You may wish to review your post.
Why are you all here when I have to go -.- I will try to look at this in an hour and see if I still want to Vote Pesco after this.

Warning - while you were typing 2 ne(ry

Kitten4u: "I'll say it plainly: THERE IS NO WAY SHADOWEH IS SCUM!" - A Balanced Game of Mafia

Edible

« Reply #71 on: February 27, 2011, 08:41:45 PM »
Wasn't putting words in his mouth.

Well, as Zak pointed out, what Edible is doing is a better example of cheerleading.

Edible and Conqueror's comments on Kitten (and Polaris in the latter case) strike a little too close to opinion sniping. I'm keeping an eye on where they both take it.

Zak didn't point anything of the sort out.  You used his statement falsely as a leadin for your own statement - putting words in his mouth.  I mean, that's exactly, blatantly what you did.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #72 on: February 27, 2011, 08:43:40 PM »
Warning - while you were reading a new reply has been posted. You may wish to review your post.

Hahaha. Derp.
I just realized, since this is the first week of uni, a lot of the classes aren't on.
Which means that I have another eight hours until I have to go.
I'll reread and try to make a post after I get some stuff done.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #73 on: February 27, 2011, 08:47:08 PM »
I'm still voting you for what I said.

Doll.S CUBE

• I Have A New Obssession
  • ♥Puppy Love♥
« Reply #74 on: February 27, 2011, 08:49:34 PM »
Just woke up and now I'm hit with a wall of text, gah!

##Unvote: Hanged Hourai

Anyway Shadoweh, it was just a joke vote, no one really thinks about votes they accumulated in RVS unless it looked serious....I think.

Warning - while you were typing 3 new replies have been posted. You may wish to review your post.

:V

Edible

« Reply #75 on: February 27, 2011, 08:53:46 PM »
I'm still voting you for what I said.

Funny, when you said that, I originally read it as:

"Ignore the part where I tried to use Zak to back up my vote."

Woah, it's almost like the same line entirely!  Except with more blatantly obvious misdirection.

A-also I'm not insulted or anything but I'm a she.

If there's anything I'm good at, it's getting people's genders confused.

Oh, and catching pesco as scum D1!  I guess I'm good at that too.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #76 on: February 27, 2011, 08:55:55 PM »
FPMH >> IRCC

Edinoob :V

Edible

« Reply #77 on: February 27, 2011, 08:57:18 PM »
Man, I did that as a joke!  I didn't think you'd actually turn out to be scum.

Doll.S CUBE

• ♥Puppy Love♥
« Reply #78 on: February 27, 2011, 09:15:07 PM »
Pesco's scum?

Edible

« Reply #79 on: February 27, 2011, 09:23:22 PM »
Sure, why not.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #80 on: February 27, 2011, 09:30:43 PM »
My brain is really refusing to work right now.
I'm tempted right now to put a vote on Kitten or Polaris because it's been close to twenty four hours without a post from them.
Although I don't really like Shadoweh's arguments, I don't think she is scum right now.
Of course I could be completely wrong and Shadoweh is simply trying to form mobs against people that aren't herself or her scum partner(s?).

Warning - while you were typing 2 new replies have been posted. You may wish to review your post.
:V

Doll.S CUBE

• ♥Puppy Love♥
« Reply #81 on: February 27, 2011, 09:42:14 PM »
........Dormio, you kinda sound like me on my first Mafia game, which is kinda weird.

Anyway, nothing really solid has come up yet except that apparently Pesco's scum, but I'll hold my vote for now.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #82 on: February 27, 2011, 09:44:36 PM »
##Link Edible

Shadoweh

• I will ahn~ vote count for you
  • The STRONGEST Day Effect
« Reply #83 on: February 27, 2011, 09:45:28 PM »
I have escaped just long enough to read over this headache thread and I still want to ##VOTE Pesco. I also want to ##Unlimited Dayvig Doll but I don't appear to be that rule. Even if you are correct Doll don't answer for other people. Also, perhaps you could add your own opinion to the thread.

Dormio: So your vote was a placeholder? I can understand that but your excuse for unvoting isn't a good one from my perspective. I would appreciate it if you voted someone sooner then later.

Doll posted! And yet my statement still stands. WHO DO YOU THINK IS SCUM?

Kitten4u: "I'll say it plainly: THERE IS NO WAY SHADOWEH IS SCUM!" - A Balanced Game of Mafia

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #84 on: February 27, 2011, 09:47:00 PM »
Don't think you should be saying you want to vote someone when you go ahead and do it anyway.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #85 on: February 27, 2011, 09:51:03 PM »
Dormio: So your vote was a placeholder? I can understand that but your excuse for unvoting isn't a good one from my perspective. I would appreciate it if you voted someone sooner then later.
Wait.
So.
You don't want people voting randomly, yet you want me to keep my random vote?
What?

Doll.S CUBE

• ♥Puppy Love♥
« Reply #86 on: February 27, 2011, 09:59:42 PM »
No one really, it's still early in D1 and I have no idea what's happening with Pesco and Edible.

Edible

« Reply #87 on: February 27, 2011, 10:16:29 PM »
##Link Edible

He come to town, come to saaaave the Princess Zelda~

Seriously though, what is this? :V

No one really, it's still early in D1 and I have no idea what's happening with Pesco and Edible.

Apparently neither do I!  Well, except the "pesco's scummier than anyone else" bit.

Bardiche

• Mafia: Worst Game Ever
« Reply #88 on: February 27, 2011, 10:26:13 PM »
Caedo, you are seriously going to default to LAL?

Shadoweh, acknowledging people jokevoted you is silly. There's no defence you can mount and insisting people do so, even going so far as to vote them for it, is downright weird and reeks of trying waaaay too hard. However, it has since ceased to be the interesting thing in the table, as other stuff has arisen.

These other things on the table being Pesco<->Edible conversation which honestly feels weird. When Zak accused Edible of "opinion sniping", I had no idea what this meant. Pesco taking it as "cheerleading" is baffling, but subtracting the Zak part from his case, you're still left with little. How exactly is Edible "cheerleading"? There are no real prevalent vote trains except those made in the jokevote phase, which I discredit on behalf of jokevote phase.

Edible clearing Shadoweh in one post and then continuing by saying he's going to just wait for Kitten strikes me as a passive attitude, one which I am not keen to see in my town. I am glad, at least, that he has since improved on that.

I agree that Kitten needs to exist. So should Polaris. But at this juncture, I feel it's too early to hunt people who've not existed yet. Doll and Conqueror strike me as more serious problems; Doll with a terrible post to content ratio, Conquerer with the same passive stance Edible took at first, minus an opinion on Shadoweh.

And while I can somewhat understand Doll's floundering (read: it's Doll-like), I cannot entirely grasp the reason Conquerer wants to sit back. Why do you need to wait on the two lurkers? What's your opinion on Shadoweh?

##UNVOTE
##VOTE: Conquerer

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #89 on: February 27, 2011, 10:39:10 PM »
What does LAL stand for?